Addiction Survivors

Unread 09-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
OutOfOurBoxes

Default Problems with getting Zubsolv filled today. Need Advice??? Thanks

I got a prescription from my doctor today for 30 of the zubsolvs (5.7 MG). Then I went to rite aid (in Albany NY) and they said there supplier doesn't have it yet. But they would keep checking for me :-(....

The rite aid pharmacist gave me my script back and said to check with other pharmacies because they use different suppliers and they may be able to order zubsolv before rite aid is able to...

Does anyone have any advice?? I know that no matter what pharmacy I go to they will have to order it, but I was hoping to at least get that part taken care of today, but now I dont even know where to start...

MY doctors office told me before I left there office that they were going to call the zubsolv rise program today, so they can get me an enrollment code so I can receive the discount/starter kit because I dont have insurance and will be paying cash, but the discount won't help if I can't even find a pharmacy that can order the medication.. I know even if a pharmacy can order it that I might have to wait until around the 16th of September for the pharmacy to receive it (or even a few days after that), which I will be okay medication wise until the 16th and possibly a few days after if I prepare myself this week for that situation, but after that I'm worried about what I'll do, I really would rather not go back to my doctors until next month and it would be hard on myself to do that so I would much rather wait until around the 16th of September (or a few days after) to see if I can get my prescription for zubsolv filled, but I'm worried that I'll wait until September 20th and I'll be out of medication and the pharmacies still won't have it or be able to get it.. Its just very.uncertain, if I had some information or answers I would feel better about waiting..

DOES anyone have any suggestions or advice or know something that I dont?? Anything would be helpful at this point...

Thanks everyone/anyone

Dre.......

Last edited by OutOfOurBoxes; 09-09-2013 at 05:44 PM..
OutOfOurBoxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Dre, according to the latest information:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...5&postcount=17
Zubsolv isn't going to be available in pharmacies until the 16th:
"Orexo announced today that the preparations for launch of Zubsolv® (buprenorphine and naloxone) sublingual tablets (CIII) has progressed according to plans and that Zubsolv will be available in pharmacies across the U.S. from September 16."

Here's a direct link to their RISE program:
http://www.rise-us.com/

and to the Zubsolv site:
http://www.zubsolv.com/

Do you think your doctor can call you in a week's worth of the film and use the $50 coupon on it?
http://suboxone.com/patients/about_s....aspx?cid=subx

I hope that helps. Let us know.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
OutOfOurBoxes

Thank you Nancy... So do you think my rite aid might have it on the 16th or do you think they will just be able to order it from there supplier on the 16th?
I know your just going by the information orexo has put out. But just your opinion about what orexo is saying, do you think that all pharmacies will have it stocked on that day, or they will just be able to order that day? I know you would just be guessing, but I still would like to know what you think.

If I have to call my docs office Can they actually call in a week supply of the films without me having to pick up a paper script?

That might be a a possibility for me if I dont have to go to the office.. If that's not possible then I think I can make it until the 16th or a little longer if I cut down my daily dose every two days, I have enough generic Suboxone that I have been taking and if I do that every two days I think I can be alright.
I just hate how I feel on this generic medication, with headaches and sluggish feelings, but not as bad as the actavis generic (Im on the other orange generic, I forgot the company) but I'm not going through withdrawals, so that's all that matters.. no matter what I'll post what happens with all of this

Thanks Nancy......
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, if it were me, I'd either stop by Rite Aid with a copy of the Press Release:
http://www.swedishwire.com/press-rel...ns-for-zubsolv
So they can see that they can order it and perhaps have it in for you on the 16th. Or call and let them know they can order it. But it might be better to to in person to show them you have the prescription in hand.

Since Suboxone is a Schedule III medication, the doctor can call or fax it in - you don't need to pick up a script. From:
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pu...rm_content.htm

Schedules III-V Controlled Substances
A pharmacist may dispense directly a controlled substance listed in Schedule III, IV, or V only pursuant to either a paper prescription signed by a practitioner, a facsimile of a signed paper prescription transmitted by the practitioner or the practitioner's agent to the pharmacy, an electronic prescription that meets DEA’s requirements for such prescriptions, or a call-in as indicated below (see Telephone Authorization for Schedules III-V Controlled Substances).

Refills
Schedules III and IV controlled substances may be refilled if authorized on the prescription. However, the prescription may only be refilled up to five times within six months after the date of issue. After five refills or after six months, whichever occurs first, a new prescription is required.

When a prescription for any controlled substance in schedules III or IV is refilled, the following information must be entered on the back of the prescription: the dispensing pharmacist’s initials, the date the prescription was refilled, and the amount of drug dispensed on the refill. If the pharmacist only initials and dates the back of the prescription, the pharmacist will be deemed to have dispensed a refill for the full face amount of the prescription.

Keep me updated on what's going on when you can.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #5
gotoffmdone

Nancy

Are you aware if the subsolv mfg will have a program similiar to the one year free meds program. And, if you know, what is the deal with the discount related to subsolve. With the discount, would it be cheaper to go the subsolv route or the suboxone film strip with their discount card.

Of course if they come out with the TEVA brand again, you cannot save more money going the generic Subutex route, as 30 generic Subutexes cost me $80 where using the discount card, the best I can do is $180 for 30 of the strips. That is a $100 dollar savings per month. I am thinking about going ahead and using the Roxane of HiTech generics. IMO they are not worth much compared to the TEVA brand, but $100 is a good savings. The problem is if the generics don't work then whatever I save is losing money.

wayne
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Wayne, here's some information on the discount card from this thread:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=28006

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Just went to http://www.zubsolv.com and here's the patient assistance/co-pay link:
http://www.zubsolv.com/about-zubsolv...nt-savings.php

"If you’re eligible, this copay card for ZUBSOLV can help lower your out-of-pocket costs like copayments, coinsurance, or deductibles on your prescription for ZUBSOLV. The copay card for ZUBSOLV covers up to $75 of your prescription costs

Call toll free 1-888-ZUBSOLV (1-888-982-7658) to see if you are eligible for a copay card for ZUBSOLV"

Nancy
I couldn't find anything about a free med program or price - but each pharmacy is different with price, so you'd have to call your local pharmacy. It's due in pharmacies Monday, but one would think they'd know the pricing before then.

I'll post if I find anything about a free program.

Nancy

Nancy
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
gotoffmdone

Thanks I do have a great pharmacy that works with me anyway they can. They even call me if the TEVA brand becomes available. They check every other week or so without my prodding. That way I know what to ask my DR for at my future appt Subutex or Suboxone film strips.

I will check with my pharmacy and my Drs Sub nurse about the subsolv. Amazingly my Drs nurse that handles all Sub cases never even knew subsolve was in the works when I mentioned it to her, and that was just a couple vists back. I would think by now they'd had a subsolv rx rep come by, or will soon. Hope a subsolv rep does not run into an RB guy. LOL

wayne

Last edited by gotoffmdone; 09-11-2013 at 08:03 PM..
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoffmdone View Post
...Hope a subsolv rep does not run into an RB guy. LOL

wayne
Hi Wayne, Maybe that already happened and that's why your doctor's office hasn't seen the Zubsolv rep! hahaha

Nancy
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #9
OutOfOurBoxes

HI (Nancy and Wayne) I took my script to a different Rite aid the next day with a printed copy of that newsletter.. So I handed my script to the pharmacist and I started to explain that it was a new medication and it will need to be ordered and went to pull out the newsletter , a different pharmacist walked over and asked "are you talking about zubsolv?" And I said "yes" with a look of shock on my face I'm sure, because anyone that I have mentioned this medication to as of then had never heard of it. Then the pharmacist explained that someone was in there just a few hours before me (im guessing it was some kind of drug rep for zubsolv) telling them about zubsolv and the discount card. The pharmacist didn't tell me exactly who this person was or what they were in there for, but because just the night before I talked to another pharmacist from this same rite aid on the phone and they had no idea about this med and then.one day later they knew about the med and the discount I just figured it must have been a rep.. I wonder if they were also at my doctors office. If they were then it seems like I was just a day too early with getting the prescription... Anyway, I didn't need the newsletter and they took my script and said it should be ready by Monday and they would text my phone if it was Any sooner (i think the texting is new for my rite aid as well).. So now Im just waiting...

I also wanted to mention that I called the zubsolv number and I asked if they would have a free med program like Suboxone has and I was told that they were in the works of making a program like that, but between this call and one other call I made to this company the people didn't seem like they knew very much about what was going on, maybe because it's so new and there still learning too (i hope) ??

My other reason I called the company is when I got my prescription I didn't receive a starter kit for a rise program enrollment code (even though my doctors office said they were going to get that taken care of), but I thought maybe I would get a head start on that and they could just send me one, but they were of no help... Nancy, your advice was better than what the people who worked for the company was, thank you again..

So I'm just waiting to see what happens, I really hope they have the free med program, because I dont know if I'll be able to continue this med at that amount. I get on the here to help program because I can only go on the films for a few days because as soon as I get to day three I end up with so many issues/pain/sores under my tongue. So it's either paying more than what I can afford for zubsolv or going back to the generic tablets and having those issues... I'll keep updating on what happens though...
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #10
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Dre, thanks for all the good information! Out of curiosity, did Rite Aid give you any indication of how much the prescription was going to cost?

Is the Rise program part of the $75 discount they mentioned on their site?

http://www.zubsolv.com/about-zubsolv...nt-savings.php

"If you’re eligible, this copay card for ZUBSOLV can help lower your out-of-pocket costs like copayments, coinsurance, or deductibles on your prescription for ZUBSOLV. The copay card for ZUBSOLV covers up to $75 of your prescription costs

Call toll free 1-888-ZUBSOLV (1-888-982-7658) to see if you are eligible for a copay card for ZUBSOLV"

Sorry for all the questions.

Nancy
Unread 09-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
NancyB
Administrator

Hi, I just received a response from the marketing director of Orexo, US. He had answered a couple of questions from the Orexo/Zubsolv thread.
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=28006

I emailed him regarding a free med program, this is the response:

Regarding your question of whether Orexo has an assistance program for patients who do not have insurance and can not afford their medication, unfortunately we do not have a patient assistance program in place at this time. As you know we are offering a up to $75 discount card, which patients who pay cash are eligible to use.

Nancy
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #12
gotoffmdone

Is their medication the same price as what we pay now for the strips. Don't get me wrong $75 is $75 but a drop in the bucket given what we pay for the DR before we even get to the medication part. Thirty 8mg tablets assuming they cost the same as Sub strips would still cost $200 plus the money paid for the script.

I hope for the next generation of those seeking treatment the cost is reigned in on all ends of the spectrum for cash paying customers like myself who has to rely mostly on a wife's disability income. I cannot be there for her if I don't take Sub and even then my pain is a barrier to helping her. I hate spending one cent of her soc sec money on anything to do with my medical care. If i could go back to the day I knew my precip Methadone wds were over. I would have stopped taking Sub the moment I realized it had accomplished my goal which was to help me stop taking a maintenance drug for addiction. But back then I had a Dr that charged me $25 every other months and insurance that paid for medication. My biggest Sub expense back then was put in the gas tank.

wayne
Unread 09-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #13
OutOfOurBoxes

HI Nancy, and Wayne, from what I read and was told by the person I talked to was that the $75 discount is part of the rise program's copay card, but on the website they almost make it seem like anyone can receive the discount by printing out the coupon, but I'm not 100% sure..

Now the price of the prescription im not sure if yet either, one person from the pharmacy that I spoke with on the phone told me it was around $227.00 for 30 of the 5.7MG without the discount, but then someone else from the same pharmacy said that price was with the $75 discount applied, so I'm so confused.. I thought When i checked goodrx's price and then added the $75 discount I thought it would come to sound around $150 for the 30 of the 5.7mg, that's the price I'm hoping for, that's only if rite aid will let me use goodrx's coupon plus the $75 discount....

I will know more Monday I hope, I will be back to give any information I get about this...thanks guys...

DRE
One User Says Thank You to OutOfOurBoxes For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-14-2013)
Unread 09-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
gotoffmdone

The 8mg film strips would be about $270 so for the 5.7mg price you mentioned they seem as if they are going to be about equal in cost. Surely the price you quoted is before the card.

I am not sure how the suboxone $50 discount co pay card works.

If I get 15 strips with the card, it cost me $66. Without the card 15 would cost $135($9 a piece). I had asumed I would pay the $135 for 15 strips minus the dscount of $50, then it would be $135-$50 which would equal $80

My pharmacist told me that when he puts my card in the computer, the price it spit out does not take into account what they charge at their pharmacy, that the the co pay card has their own formulation they go by.

But it can get a bit confusing past the 15 strips. I usually get 15 and then come back later and get the other 15 strips. Its easier for me to afford it that way because of weekend umpiring.

If I purchase all 30 strips at once, the price is not double the $66 I pay for 15 of the strips. That would be $132 for all 30 strips. When I have gotten all 30 using the card, my cost came to $180. I don't get how they figure it.

What I usually do is purchase 15 at a time using my card and I end up paying $66 for the first 15, then about 2 weeks later I go back and get the remaining 15 strips to complete my script for 30.

I cannot use my card on those second 15 strips so I end up paying the pharmacy price of $135 ($9 x 15). That makes my monthly total for 30 strips $201 ($66 + $135).

So by getting them all at once(30 strips) from the get go, using the $50 discount card I could save about $20 bucks ($180 vs $201).

I really save on the first 15 strips but I don't quite get how it works. I assumed they would just take the price of how many strips you bought and subtract the $50 from the pharmacy price. It does not work out that way.

If I could get down to where 15 strips is all I need per month that is where I could save. My medication would only cost me the $66 with the card. Or if I could get all Subutex generics to work my cost would be $80 for 30 8mg tabs. Getting the generic Texes is by far the best of overall savings.

I can't hardly fathom the notion that generic Suboxone is going to cost the same as the RB brand name strips. If that is true why would anyone choose the generic in such a case.

wayne

Last edited by gotoffmdone; 09-14-2013 at 06:35 PM..
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #15
asouth32

I honestly think that these companies that are bringing out these so called "cheaper than Suboxone" products needs to actually ask the consumers what they think about it. But since this is a world where the consumer has no say so whatsoever in the product other than smell/taste/packaging.....Oh well maybe next time around. My doc's office hadn't heard of the Zubsolv, they knew of a new product coming but they didn't know the name of it just yet. My doc is the one that does all the research for the newer products but he wasn't in the office when I called and asked them about it.
I told my pharmacy that they need to order it because its a hair and when I say a hair, I mean a fine, thin hair cheaper than the strips and only because of the coupon. I mean seriously, they market this crap and swear that it will be significantly cheaper than Suboxone, it comes out and it's not? Why don't we have the permission to lynch these guys or atleast smack them with wet towels?
I think when I figured it up and crunched the numbers, I came up with a savings of 45 dollars. Yes that is 45 dollars BUT figure up the cost of doctor's visits, the gas going to the doctor, filling the script, that 45 dollars gets stretched thinner than 1 ply toilet paper.
I just hope that the price will drop some over the next month or so when it begins to circulate some more. We all hoped that for the generic Suboxone and it never did, you can get those GoodRx.com coupons, but getting a pharmacy to actually "use" the damn things is a shot in the dark.
It just upsets me because there are people dying from this horrible disease that would have gotten help if they could afford it, but since these people think they need to be able to support four generations of their families instead of three they never get the help that they deserve. However, in our state coming up in October we are getting this Kynect insurance that is supposed to be like Medicaid which I am hoping will cut the script cost down for me. I will more than likely speak to my doctor to see if he will hopefully start accepting that insurance so some of us aren't having to make a decision of food or medication.
The new insurance will be nice and will also open up some possibilities that I know I am excited for, we are still trying to have a baby and having no luck. Once the insurance goes into effect, we can go and find out why we are having no luck. I am tapering down and will eventually be on a low dose, I don't think that I will be able to go off completely due to back pain. I am also getting ready to have a bunch of teeth pulled and dreading it like mad.
I just want someone to bring out something that is a bit more cheaper, not all of us have insurance. My husband can get medical insurance through his work, BUT it is cray cray (never use that, don't hate me LOL) expensive and since my doctor doesn't accept insurance we didn't take it out. We are glad that we took the dental insurance since for my birthday I got an abscess and a side present of mad pain, found out that it will cost 600 dollars to get all top teeth pulled and my denture made for the top. I never imagined that I would have dentures at 35.
Griping on here doesn't get anything done and I apologize for that, I guess we are griping to the wrong ones. Hopefully one day we will have cheaper alternatives than the big billionaire RB dudes. Must be nice to wipe your butt with a 100 dollar bill.
asouth32 is offline   Reply With Quote