Addiction Survivors

Unread 05-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
31MOMof2

Default is L-Tyrosine good 2 take?

I bought sum L-Tyrosine at GNC a while back when i was trying to quit vics cold turkey. I had read a bout it online.. (thomas recipie) Of course after about 1 or 2 days i gave up and went back 2 DOC and the L-ty has been in medicine cab ever since, but i was wondering if it would help with my mood a lil and if it's ok 2 take with subs???
31MOMof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi 31MOMof2, that should be fine to take with Suboxone. Pretty much anything OTC is fine to take with Suboxone.

According to WebMD, you have to be careful if you're taking thyroid medication. Here's that link:
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...SINE)&source=2

If you have any questions/doubts/want confirmation, please give your pharmacist a call.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Husband

Tyrosine will help increase thyroid hormones usually helps with energy production. DLPA acts like an endorphin reuptake inhibitor and is a good one to take. DLPA can cause excitability (anxiety) if your prone to it. Its best to take in the morning. Glutamine is a precursor to GABA, your bodies own feel good drug. Taurine will also help in energy production, along with B-6.
Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
31MOMof2

Thank you! Im gona start taking it 2day, hoping it helps with boost my mood and energy
31MOMof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
erikanh80

OMG!!! I just posted a HUGE in-depth post all about L-Tyrosine tonight under the "Good Morning" thread on here. If you wanna read, take a look. Ive taught nutrition for 11 years, and just finished a big study on L-Tyrosine.....its AMAZING for people going through opiate addiction treatment, as it is for SO many other ailments. If you have questions let me know!!!
erikanh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Keanna

I tried that tyrosine now while I'm withdrawing and honestly I didn't notice a difference , I also take a multi vitamin and am trying to drink a lot of water and take b6 but I feel like the water probably helps a lot better than the other supplements . I hope they work for you!
Keanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
surfsupl

Came upon this the other day. Snake oil? Who knows?

http://www.moderadirect.com/quit-drugs.html
surfsupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Husband

Taurine and L-Tyrosine will support your thyroid function. May give you more energy if your thyroid is acting sluggish.

The research I did of supplements that would help my wife recover and we immplemented with good success.

10-20grams of L-Glutamine twice a day; rebuilds your GABA supply and other important amino acids.

5-6grams of Glycine at night; calms the brain

DLPA, 2-6 caps depending on your anxiety level. to much can cause more anxiety, it was important to take some every morning. DLPA is found to be a endorphin reuptake inhibitor. SO you keep more of your own endorphins, which make your feel better.

L-Arginine 10-15grams a day, increases blood flow and helps with human growth hormone.

L-Tryptophan, 2-3 caps at night. Increases Seritonin.

Vitamin B-6

When stopping SUB your receptors are open in your brain. She had to provide the raw materials in the way of supplements so her body could manufacture the needed amino acids.
Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
surfsupl

Along w/this if you can get your doctor to give you a blood pressure patch it helps as well. (the name of the medication escapes me. Im sure someone can help out)
Unread 07-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
Along w/this if you can get your doctor to give you a blood pressure patch it helps as well. (the name of the medication escapes me. Im sure someone can help out)
Hi surfsupl, is it clonidine you're thinking of? It also comes in pill form if someone doesn't want wear a patch.

Hope you are well!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 07-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
surfsupl

Yes clonidine
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
JJ11907

Are all these over the counter? I'm day 3 of no sub and am having some pretty good withdrawals. It's bearable but I'm not comfortable at all.
JJ11907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
NancyB
Administrator

Hi JJ11907, clonidine is by prescription only, but all the ones listed in Husband's post are available over the counter. If your local drugstore/Walmart/Target doesn't have them, then try a Vitamin Shop or GNC.

Nancy
Unread 03-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #14
saltdiscus

hi i just bought all the supplement from vitamin store the one posted in husband post.it cost 90 dollar with tax.i am taking it and it does seems to work.when sud i stop takkng this supplement.
saltdiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #15
gotoffmdone

I took it for two weeks along with walking three miles a day while trying to stop taking Sub after getting down to 1mg or less. After two weeks I founf another Dr and went to him. Been with him for the past four yrs.

As far as the L-Tyosine is concerned I ordered it online for one reason. I was hoping it would, as advertised, help with my endorphine production. After two weeks I could not tell the first bit of difference. The exercise probably helped more but after two weeks of feeling depressed or disphouric I caved in. It pissed me off because after two weeks of coming off of ten years worth of percocets I was feeling just fine within a week. And that was absent exercise or taking any wierd medication from online.

wayne

Last edited by gotoffmdone; 03-20-2013 at 11:09 PM..
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #16
saltdiscus

my use is 1.5 yrs of H and a yr of subs.so this supplement seems to help a lot.i been taking weed if i feel really bad for first 2 days.its my third day and i been calm after 3 miles of cardio.third day no weed just the supplement.technically its my fifth day coz i took .5mg of subs for 2 days before going cold turkey.

Last edited by saltdiscus; 03-21-2013 at 01:11 AM..
saltdiscus is offline   Reply With Quote