Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
MANICK

Default Suboxone/testosterone

Okay so my question is a little off subject but I'm still gonna ask. I lift weights and am trying to gain mass I have been taking a testosterone booster which is a natural supplement. I was told suboxone lowers your testosterone levels and that taking a booster could actually lower it more which would be pointless to take it. Can anyone help me? Ive been on subs for 4 years I take 8 mgs a day started on 16 mgs
MANICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Mike

All opioids can reduce testosterone levels, taking supplement testosterone is the treatment for low T, it will help not hurt, if your T levels are low. Your doctor can give you a simple blood test to determine if your levels are where they should be.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #3
deedle

Mike's spot on...if its low your dr can easily take care of it. I train fighters and Marathon runners...its a common issue so don't be worried about asking your dr
deedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
bleigh

I am a woman and have to use tes from a dr, (special formula for a woman of course) found out it was too low from lack of energy, libido, etc. Feel much better ever since.
bleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
MANICK

My levels I don't believe are low but I'm taking it to help me build mass a friend uses it and he's huge!!! obviously he's trained for it. I just read somewhere that being on opiods/subs and taking the testosterone supplement can actually lower you levels not higher them. I will ask doc for a test.
MANICK is offline   Reply With Quote