Addiction Survivors

Reply
Unread 10-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
GodofWarJuggalo
Member
 
GodofWarJuggalo's Avatar
 
Posts: 51
Default Question about Suboxone Film

I got my first prescription for the Film, and so far, EVERY package I have opened has contained cracked Films. Does anyone know why mine are like that? Makes it kind of difficult to take my medicine as prescribed when my medicine is falling apart
GodofWarJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator
 
Posts: 22,413
Default

Hi GodofWarJuggalo, I don't have an answer, but think about giving the pharmacy a call and see what they have to say.

And try calling the manufacturer:
http://suboxone.com/patients/contact/Default.aspx
If you would like to contact us regarding SUBOXONE Film or this website, please call us at:
877-782-6966 or 877-SUBOXONE


Let us know if you find anything out, I'd be interested in what causes that for future reference.

Good luck!

Nancy
__________________
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
GodofWarJuggalo
Member
 
GodofWarJuggalo's Avatar
 
Posts: 51
Default Sounds good!

Ill try that site now. Thank you very much for the info!
GodofWarJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
AbbyNormal
Senior Member
 
AbbyNormal's Avatar
 
Posts: 278
Default

This is not the first I've heard about that problem. The pharmacy should be able to do something. It may have been improperly stored before they got it.

Good Luck!
__________________

AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
amber.4.14.11
Senior Member
 
Posts: 153
Default

The broken film thing happens to me all the time. Since I began taking the films............ I said something to the pharmacy once, opened one right at the counter, becuase when I asked once before they said I must've broken it somehow, anyway, opened it right there at the counter after they handed me the bag, I was then passed from worker to worker. The main pharmicist had me fill out a form....... that was 2 months ago, and the only time I don't get broken ones, is when I ask they be left in the original box they come to the pharmacy in. In doing that I have to buy 30 at a time, so I can only do that on paydays. Let me know if one of you gets a solid answer on this one..............I pay almost 8 dollars a piece with my discount card,,,,oughta be enough money that they are whole strips huh????
THANKS
amber.4.14.11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
GodofWarJuggalo
Member
 
GodofWarJuggalo's Avatar
 
Posts: 51
Default Cool

Thanks for the tips! Ill have to do that next time I get my prescription. I should be getting 30 because right now im taking 2 1/2's daily. and thats just for two weeks cuz I only got 14 til my next appointment on the 29th. And that was the whole point of me going to a dr to get professional help, and I wanna take them EXACTLY how he told me. But its hard to when they are broken lol. I guess broken Suboxone is better than no Suboxone at all...
GodofWarJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 12:43 AM   #7
soveryblessed
Senior Member
 
Posts: 118
Default

Silly questions, but are they past the expiration date? Or if you hold the package up to the light do they have any holes? I've never heard of them being brittle enough to crack but some of mine in the past would break if I folded them in half (long story). I don't use the strips anymore myself but this just got my attention. Weird. Regards,
kristi
soveryblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #8
GodofWarJuggalo
Member
 
GodofWarJuggalo's Avatar
 
Posts: 51
Default

No, they arent going to expire until 09/2012. No holes from what I could see. I fold mine in half too, so I can take an even amount. They are brittle...not enough to stop me from folding, but enough to being cracked in different places. Ive had ones that were FRESH and not brittle at all, they felt very soft. But the ones I have feel very dry
GodofWarJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #9
soveryblessed
Senior Member
 
Posts: 118
Default

wow. weird. Is there a particular reason you are on strips as opposed to tablets? The strips are easier to split if that's what you're doing. It will be interesting to see what the manufacturer says when you call. Curiouser and curiouser...
soveryblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 01:00 AM   #10
GodofWarJuggalo
Member
 
GodofWarJuggalo's Avatar
 
Posts: 51
Default

Im on the strips because my dr. says they are trying to get rid of the tablets because too many people are abusing them. I will let you know if I find anything out
GodofWarJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
GodofWarJuggalo
Member
 
GodofWarJuggalo's Avatar
 
Posts: 51
Default Pissed off....

Just woke up at 12:30, (i work 2nd shift) I cut open my Sub Film package, and an entire piece was cracked off, from one end to the other off the long side, and that REALLY irritated me. And after I tried to do my best to make my 2 halfs, I end up with two decent halfs and 4 little pieces! I am most definitely opening one of the packages at the counter next time I go to Walgreens. This is ridiculous!
(im not as mad as my post seems lol, but I am very disappointed at the quality of my ENTIRE prescription so far)
GodofWarJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
NancyB
Administrator
 
Posts: 22,413
Default

Hi GodofWarJuggalo, think about calling that number to Suboxone (877-782-6966 or 877-SUBOXONE) and tell them what is going on. It would be interesting to see if they can see how old they are by the serial number on them or if they have any other ideas as to why that is happening. If you call, let us know what they say.

Nancy
__________________
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
alanw
Senior Member
 
Posts: 302
Default

Happens to me every rx, atleast half are broken, im pretty sure its cuz they were stored in a hot and dry setting. Doesnt really bother me, maybe slightly annoying!
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #14
GodofWarJuggalo
Member
 
GodofWarJuggalo's Avatar
 
Posts: 51
Default

I will call them tomorrow. I gotta go into work in ten minutes, im in the parking lot now lol. I think it might be because of what he said, the temperature, plus the people handling them. I know someone who also has a prescription, and he gets them in the factory sealed box, and he said ALL of them from the box have been in PERFECT condition. But anyway, after I call, I'll let y'all know what they say...
GodofWarJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #15
alanw
Senior Member
 
Posts: 302
Default

I think its mainly the temp, when the strip is in room temp then goes to a high temp and back to room temp it has to make it brittle thus cracking eventually. And im sure the pharm techs arent helping, often times they stick mine in a pill bottle. I have thought about complaining, just never got around to it!
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #16
soveryblessed
Senior Member
 
Posts: 118
Default

Yes when I was on strips I also got a factory sealed box, ordered the day before I needed it but even so, they were sometimes brittle and broke when folded. One time though, when I got an odd number, they did put the individual packages in a large bottle ... it never occurred to me at the time to check and see if they were all from the same lot but many of that batch were brittle...still curious what you find out. I'd trust the manufacturer more than the pharmacy, GodOfWarJuggalo. Peace
soveryblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 01:33 AM   #17
GodofWarJuggalo
Member
 
GodofWarJuggalo's Avatar
 
Posts: 51
Default

Hard to say. My first prescription of 14, which was in a large bottle, EVERY Film was cracked. I just got my 2nd prescription about , 12 hrs ago, 30 Films in the sealed box, so far they are in MINT condition. Honestly, as long as I am able to get my Suboxone when I need it, I'm straight. It just helps to take the CORRECT dosage when I am able to get them perfectly 50/50. AAAAAAND, I was EXTREMELY happy when I picked up my Suboxone from Walgreens today. Because 2 weeks ago, I had to pay $30 for 14 films. Receipt read retail price was $124.99 & my insurance saved me $90-sum. 12 hrs ago, I pick up my script for 30 films & the receipt read retail price $259.99 & was STILL charged only $30, my insurance saved me $229.99!! I thought $30 for 14 meant I was gonna be paying much more for 30 films. I LOVE Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO!!!!! lol
GodofWarJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #18
janie
Senior Member
 
janie's Avatar
 
Posts: 377
Default

Quite often I've had cracked strips. Once to the point where one just crumbled upon removing it from the foil package. I also often find that mine are stuck to the inside of the foil and have to be peeled away. My doc did say they will dry out if exposed to air...but why are they drying out and crumbling in an unopened package? My pharmacy uses little plain white boxes to package them in if you're getting less than 30 at once (I have to wait for my insurance's approval of me getting Suboxone; haven't gotten notice in the mail yet of it so I have to get emergency 5-day supplies until I'm approved for the next 3 months)...so they ARE handled by the pharm techs..I dunno, can't figure it out! This has happened sooo many times to me, and I always womdered if it happened to others.

GodofWarJuggalo...Did you ever call that number Nancy gave you in reference to this issue? If you did, what did they have to say? Just curious....
__________________
"I have been blessed..." ~ Martina McBride
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #19
janie
Senior Member
 
janie's Avatar
 
Posts: 377
Default

Grrrrr....just opened a foil packet to take my first dose of today....big crescent shaped crack right smack in the center of my film!! Looked like the closure tab on a cardboard box of like Cheez-its or something! This is really starting to annoy me...think I'm gonna call that number myself and get to the bottom of it!
__________________
"I have been blessed..." ~ Martina McBride
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #20
janie
Senior Member
 
janie's Avatar
 
Posts: 377
Default

Just sent them an email explaining/complaining about this issue...let's see what happens. If no response I'm calling them. Here's the link to their contacts if anyone else wants to write them. They even have a whole contact category just for Suboxone/Subutex inquiries...

http://www.rb.com/RB-worldwide/Contacts
__________________
"I have been blessed..." ~ Martina McBride
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #21
AbbyNormal
Senior Member
 
AbbyNormal's Avatar
 
Posts: 278
Default

Godofwarjuggalo,

I too have BCBS and my copay is $40. But I have been using the coupon for the $45 off and so it costs me nothing at all for my monthly script.

And I'm going to disagree about the temperature affecting the films. Not once have I received a bad film package and I live in Las Vegas. You all know how hot it gets here and with almost zero humidity. Before moving here I lived in Ventura, Ca., where the humidity is around 80% all the time and it didn't affect the films.

My guess is that the factory is doing something wrong and we all know the company has had numerous complaints about this just due to how many people here have received bad films.

Like the rest of you, I'm waiting to hear what the manufacturer has to say. This film is too important for them to not take some corrective action. The last thing they need is negative tweets and blogs. Let's hope they listen and fix it.

TomD
__________________

AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #22
emmabean
Junior Member
 
Posts: 13
Default Same Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofWarJuggalo View Post
No, they arent going to expire until 09/2012. No holes from what I could see. I fold mine in half too, so I can take an even amount. They are brittle...not enough to stop me from folding, but enough to being cracked in different places. Ive had ones that were FRESH and not brittle at all, they felt very soft. But the ones I have feel very dry
I have this same problem all the time and was curious to the cause myself. I think the cause may be from them possibly getting warm in the pharmacy because when mine are cracking they are usually slightly stuck to the side of the wrapper. I like to break mine in half and place one half on each side of my tounge because I find a whole one to be too large. When they are " fresh" and not cracking I fold them in half but when they are cracking I use a pair of sissors to cut them in half as accurately as possible. Although sometimes this is impossible to do because they have already broken unevenly in the wrapper.
emmabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #23
whinesnob
Member
 
whinesnob's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabean View Post
I have this same problem all the time and was curious to the cause myself. I think the cause may be from them possibly getting warm in the pharmacy because when mine are cracking they are usually slightly stuck to the side of the wrapper. I like to break mine in half and place one half on each side of my tounge because I find a whole one to be too large. When they are " fresh" and not cracking I fold them in half but when they are cracking I use a pair of sissors to cut them in half as accurately as possible. Although sometimes this is impossible to do because they have already broken unevenly in the wrapper.
I'm having the same issue and mine are brand, not generic. I've had a whole box and some in a pill bottle. Issues with both but sporadic.
Jim
__________________
whinesnob
whinesnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #24
janie
Senior Member
 
janie's Avatar
 
Posts: 377
Default

Same here Jim. Mine are brand name as well. If they're not cracked and crumbling..they're stuck to the inside wall of the foil package and have to be peeled off. Granted, it's not occurring with every single film I open, but it IS happening alot...more often than it should. What am I saying...it shouldn't be happening at all!
__________________
"I have been blessed..." ~ Martina McBride
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 03:58 PM   #25
whinesnob
Member
 
whinesnob's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Default

Agreed. So how do we communicate this as a group I wonder??? Nancy, you out there?
__________________
whinesnob
whinesnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #26
GodofWarJuggalo
Member
 
GodofWarJuggalo's Avatar
 
Posts: 51
Default

Every one of my films are always stuck to one side of the package. Ive been using tweezers now to take them out after opening. This being my second script, and my first for 30 films, I did get them sealed in the Suboxone box. So far, they have been FRESH, not dried out, and not cracked. I havent called the Suboxone number yet, Im very forgetful and busy lately, but it seems if they arent in the manufactured box when I get em, they are cracked and dry
GodofWarJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #27
willard47
Senior Member
 
willard47's Avatar
 
Posts: 147
Question storage ideas??

anyone got any storage ideas. I have extra strips every month and asked my pharmacist if keeping them in the frig or freezor would be good ( I live in the desert) He wasn't sure if that would help preserve the strips, I have had cracking problems in the past (heh-heh) and I'm not sure what the best way is to store the sub. Thanks and best of luck to all, willard
willard47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #28
NancyB
Administrator
 
Posts: 22,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinesnob View Post
Agreed. So how do we communicate this as a group I wonder??? Nancy, you out there?
Hi Jim, I think that if people call the Suboxone number and keep filing complaints that would be a good thing to do:
http://suboxone.com/patients/contact/Default.aspx

Contact Us

If you would like to contact us regarding SUBOXONE Film or this website, please call us at:

877-782-6966 or 877-SUBOXONE


Also call the corporate office of the pharmacy from where they were purchased and report it.

Here are a few:

Walgreens:
http://www.walgreens.com/marketing/c.../corporate.jsp

CVS:
http://info.cvscaremark.com/our-company/contact-us

Rite Aid:
http://www.riteaid.com/contact_us/

Walmart:
http://walmartstores.com/7663.aspx

Hope this is helpful.

Nancy
__________________
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #29
whinesnob
Member
 
whinesnob's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi Jim, I think that if people call the Suboxone number and keep filing complaints that would be a good thing to do:
http://suboxone.com/patients/contact/Default.aspx

Contact Us

If you would like to contact us regarding SUBOXONE Film or this website, please call us at:

877-782-6966 or 877-SUBOXONE


Also call the corporate office of the pharmacy from where they were purchased and report it.

Here are a few:

Walgreens:
http://www.walgreens.com/marketing/c.../corporate.jsp

CVS:
http://info.cvscaremark.com/our-company/contact-us

Rite Aid:
http://www.riteaid.com/contact_us/

Walmart:
http://walmartstores.com/7663.aspx

Hope this is helpful.

Nancy
Thanks Nancy. We'll release the hounds...
GodofWarJuggalo
AbbyNormal
Amber.4.14.11
soveryblessed
alanw
Janie
emmabean
willard47
I'm going to call the suboxone number. If you're up to it, please do so as well. They may ask what, where, when, how many, etc.
Jim
__________________
whinesnob
whinesnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #30
enuf02
Junior Member
 
Posts: 3
Default

More than the trouble with the cracked strips, which I have encountered, I am having trouble witht he taste and the awful way your mouth feels when afterwards Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know how long you have to wait until you can eat or drink anything after the strip dissolves? This is all fairly new to me.
enuf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #31
whinesnob
Member
 
whinesnob's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuf02 View Post
More than the trouble with the cracked strips, which I have encountered, I am having trouble witht he taste and the awful way your mouth feels when afterwards Any suggestions? Also, does anyone know how long you have to wait until you can eat or drink anything after the strip dissolves? This is all fairly new to me.
I find it interesting that you have difficulty with the taste. The strips are mild as compared to the pills. But we are all different. Side effects can include numb mouth, painful tongue and the inside of your mouth more red than normal. You may want to read the medication guide that came in the box because there are a number of other side effects you should be aware of. If you were given strips in a pill bottle, ask your pharmacist for the literature.
My procedure with the film may be different than the norm. I wait at least 30 minutes or until I don't taste the sweetness of the film before I expectorate. I feel that I'm getting the full dose that way. Then I rinse my mouth with water and go right to my first cup of coffee.
Good luck.
Jim

BTW, It's best to take your film before your coffee because caffeine can decrease absorption.
__________________
whinesnob
whinesnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #32
janie
Senior Member
 
janie's Avatar
 
Posts: 377
Default

Ok..haven't called the # yet about the strips cracking etc...however, they DID reply to my email about it. Here's what they said....

InfoMIU@reckittbenckiser.com
toJanel B
dateTue, Nov 1, 2011 at 12:45 PM
subjectRE: Suboxone / Subutex enquiry from Reckitt Benckiser (RB) (PageID:467)
Important mainly because of your interaction with messages in the conversation.
hide details 12:45 PM (6 minutes ago)

Dear Janel,

Since late May there has been an increase in the normal pattern of customer complaint reports fore fractured or broken Suboxone film strips. Reckitt Benckiser has brought this condition to the attention of our manufacturer and they performed an extensive investigation. They are taking the necessary action to make correction to prevent reoccurrences of this nature. Please return any unusable strips to your pharmacy. The pharmacy should then contact the Medical Information Unit. We will make arrangements for reimbursement for the pharmacy for the cost of the medication if they will replace the film strips for you. Please ask the pharmacist to contact the Medical Information Unit at 877-782-6966. The Medical Information Unit is available from 9 AM to 6:45 PM (EST).

Janel, we do understand that you have delivered your baby, congratulations by the way. However, could you please contact the medical information unit if you were on Suboxone at any time during your pregnancy. The FDA requires Reckitt Benckiser complete an adverse event form for any consumer who used Suboxone at any time in their pregnancy.

Hope you have found this information helpful.



Be well,

Jeanne T. Cathell, RNC, BSN, MS

Reckitt Benckiser
Medical Information Specialist
10710 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond, VA. 23235
877-782-6966
www.Suboxone.com
__________________
"I have been blessed..." ~ Martina McBride
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to janie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-01-2011), Thank You (11-01-2011)
Unread 11-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #33
janie
Senior Member
 
janie's Avatar
 
Posts: 377
Default

So, I go to the pharmacy yesterday to get another 5-day emergency supply of Suboxone cause my insurance's prior authorization hadn't gone through yet. New pharmacist that I had never seen before...would not give me the 5 day supply, said my insurance wouldn't pay for it. They would, and I know that to be fact, and called him on it. He ignored me. So, right in front of him I pull out my cell phone and call my doctor. She got angry and told me to put him on the phone...he wouldn't. As she's explaining to me that I am entitled to another emergency supply during the time frrame it takes the insurance to approve/deny my claim, she is also going through her incoming faxes. My prior authorization was THERE...and I'm approved to receive 60 strips per month (free of charge) for the next 3 months. She reads off the Authorization number to me to relay back to the pharmacist...all the while he's saying, "I don't care what you say...it's NOT gonna go through. I can't help you!". His pharm tech punches all the info in and guess what? It went through and I got my meds...never saw anyone turn as red as the pharmacist did though, lmao!!

Soooo...I get in my mom's car to head home, and open the foil to take my first strip of yesterday. The sucker is in 3 pieces!!! Luckily I take 2 full strips a day and don't have to cut them if I don't divide the 16mg up throughout the day. Later, I opened the foil for my 2nd dose for yesterday....damn strip is in 2 pieces w/ this jagged-ass edge thru the middle!! Not sure if I should take em all back or not seeing as how I technically DON'T have to cut mine....or should I just inform the pharmacy that it's happening? Hmmm....
__________________
"I have been blessed..." ~ Martina McBride

Last edited by janie; 11-02-2011 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: typo
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #34
whinesnob
Member
 
whinesnob's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janie View Post
So, I go to the pharmacy yesterday to get another 5-day emergency supply of Suboxone cause my insurance's prior authorization hadn't gone through yet. New pharmacist that I had never seen before...would not give me the 5 day supply, said my insurance wouldn't pay for it. They would, and I know that to be fact, and called him on it. He ignored me. So, right in front of him I pull out my cell phone and call my doctor. She got angry and told me to put him on the phone...he wouldn't. As she's explaining to me that I am entitled to another emergency supply during the time frrame it takes the insurance to approve/deny my claim, she is also going through her incoming faxes. My prior authorization was THERE...and I'm approved to receive 60 strips per month (free of charge) for the next 3 months. She reads off the Authorization number to me to relay back to the pharmacist...all the while he's saying, "I don't care what you say...it's NOT gonna go through. I can't help you!". His pharm tech punches all the info in and guess what? It went through and I got my meds...never saw anyone turn as red as the pharmacist did though, lmao!!

Soooo...I get in my mom's car to head home, and open the foil to take my first strip of yesterday. The sucker is in 3 pieces!!! Luckily I take 2 full strips a day and don't have to cut them if I don't divide the 16mg up throughout the day. Later, I opened the foil for my 2nd dose for yesterday....damn strip is in 2 pieces w/ this jagged-ass edge thru the middle!! Not sure if I should take em all back or not seeing as how I technically DON'T have to cut mine....or should I just inform the pharmacy that it's happening? Hmmm....
Funny but sad. What a jerk. That idiot has no business being in that position. Doesn't matter what his problem is, he'd better check it at the door before he walks in. Give me his number so I can rip a new one for him. Time for a new pharmacy??? And maybe a second call to Reckitt??? Here's the link to the national pharmacy board if you choose to report him.
http://www.nabp.net/contact/
Thanks for sharing.
Jim
__________________
whinesnob
whinesnob is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to whinesnob For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-03-2011)
Unread 11-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #35
GodofWarJuggalo
Member
 
GodofWarJuggalo's Avatar
 
Posts: 51
Default

Well I'm glad you got what you told that a-hole you were supposed to get, and I hope he felt like a jackass because of it. I hate how some people think they KNOW everything.
And I see that the Suboxone manufacturer has been getting complaints about the condition of their product, so hopefully they do get this problem fixed. So far my current prescription has been pretty dang good. I did have one that had a LITTLE crack in it, but the others like the one I opened today was MINT condition.
GodofWarJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #36
amber.4.14.11
Senior Member
 
Posts: 153
Default

Hi there my people.......
been crazy at work, but gonna have a three day weekend, i'm pretty sure....not gonna hold my breath though.....
ANYWAY,,,,,I did send an email, and I called the number.
See, I JUST got approved for patient assistance, I will get my first no cost perscription on the tenth,, ANYWAY untill now, i have been paying on average around 8 dollars EACH strip,,,so I was getting really frustrated about them being broken, lets face it thats pretty damn expensive, for less than perfect product. I mean, if Im gonna get "ROSS" strips,, let me pay "ROSS" price right????
nothing against ross, I shop there all the time.....lol
I digress,,,,
the email I got was pretty much the same as janie's.......on the phone they pretty much said the same thing. I will say they were more than nice, and apololgetic tho, especially after explaining I was just approved for PAP, and been using a third of my income to pay for my subs every month.
they also asked me to notify the pharmacy.....so I'll do that when I go agian. I once did open one in front of the pharmacist,and of course it was broken, but they didn't seem like I should be making something of it cuz im perscribed 3 a day. welllllllll when i open them at work,,,and half of it falls on the asphalt and it happens to be a rainy day, im screwed. I also had part of one fall into an open bucket of laquer. no I didn't dig for it.....lol
So I say everybody KEEP telling them were NOT gonna put up with it. well of course we're gonna put up wiht it, but MAYBE we'll stop email/calling if the problem gets resolved.....
THANKS everybody
amber.4.14.11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #37
janie
Senior Member
 
janie's Avatar
 
Posts: 377
Default

Jim...thanks for the offer to call the pharmacist & rip him a new one, lol. The pharmacy I use is within a grocery store chain, and so I shot out an email to the store's CEO...and got a reply this morning saying that his behavior will be investigated fully and corrected by any means necessay. Very apologetic! I'm not one to degrade or poke fun at people, but this guy was a tall, skinny, redhead...and I'm ashamed to say I called him a "freakin' used Q-tip" as I walked out of there. oops! I've gone to this pharmacy for YEARS..all through filling my scripts for pain pills and now through treatment. The regular head pharmacist (and his regular substitute) are 2 of the nicest people to me..always concerned, asking bout my family, bout my baby..how he's doing since his surgery back in August, etc. Don't think I'll switch...but will have my guard up should q-tip boy be there again!
__________________
"I have been blessed..." ~ Martina McBride

Last edited by janie; 11-03-2011 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: typo
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #38
whinesnob
Member
 
whinesnob's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janie View Post
Jim...thanks for the offer to call the pharmacist & rip him a new one, lol. The pharmacy I use is within a grocery store chain, and so I shot out an email to the store's CEO...and got a reply this morning saying that his behavior will be investigated fully and corrected by any means necessay. Very apologetic! I'm not one to degrade or poke fun at people, but this guy was a tall, skinny, redhead...and I'm ashamed to say I called him a "freakin' used Q-tip" as I walked out of there. oops! I've gone to this pharmacy for YEARS..all through filling my scripts for pain pills and now through treatment. The regular head pharmacist (and his regular substitute) are 2 of the nicest people to me..always concerned, asking bout my family, bout my baby..how he's doing since his surgery back in August, etc. Don't think I'll switch...but will have my guard up should q-tip boy be there again!
Good for you janie. And it's nice to hear that loyalty isn't a forgotten quality. You come across as a nice person and the Lord knows we need more of you. You know, we all have our moments that were not proud of but it's how we choose to handle our mistake that part of who we are. If that jerk doesn't apologize with sincerity then he's just a jerk. I wonder how he would react if you reminded him of his unkindness towards you and then added that you forgive him???
Hey janie, may your day go well.
Jim
__________________
whinesnob
whinesnob is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to whinesnob For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-04-2011)
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #39
janie
Senior Member
 
janie's Avatar
 
Posts: 377
Default

Jim...Thank you for your kind words! I try to be the person my parents raised me to be...kind, polite, compassionate, etc. Sometimes it's hard, but the old adage "Kill 'em with kindness" rings true. I seriously think that if I told that guy that I forgive him he'd look at me like I was insane..for the sole reason that I really believe he saw nothing wrong with the way he treated me!.....Long day ahead of housework for me here, lol, gonna try tackling the bookcase again. See, I'm a voracious reader and I had nowhere in this new house to store my "library". So, a friend gave me one of the do-it-yourself bookshelves that are sold in like WalMart, BigLots, etc. Yea, it's already put together, but the backing is missing. So if it's not in a corner the whole thing leans and forms this odd geometric shape, lol. Thought maybe I had some luan (sp?) or something down in the basement to tack onto the back but I don't...so, now to try another option. Maybe if I reinforce it with more nails? We'll see! Just got the baby down for a rest...he's such a cutie, everytime I sing my song to him (John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy") he just smiles & the eyes start to fall. Gonna soon get my sliced apples that are marinating in cinnamon and sugar in the fridge to make my Granny's "Jewish Apple Cake" (dunno why she called it that...we're not Jewish). Oh yeah, uggh, have a visit from CPS today too. Before we moved here my son's old school reported us cause he missed a week of school due to strep throat. The doctors note he handed in wasn't good enough they said (oddly, the woman who handles the truancy stuff @ that school is the mother of a girl my fiance was engaged to 18yrs ago...she cheated on him with a close friend & he dumped her...sooo, this whole thing stinks of spite to me). And, because of my substance abuse issues, past arrests, etc, of course they're gonna come flocking. Case was supposed to be closed this past June, but because I wasn't up for company from the case worker 3 days after I gave birth to my son (the day I was discharged from hosp), the case worker said I was avoiding her & she has concerns for my baby's safety an the case was continued. I then requested a new case worker and got the SWEETEST woman I have ever met! She just comes to the house once a month, random drug testing...I have no qualms about it as I have nothing to hide. It'll all be done come January anyway. My landlords also coming to visit tonight...because of the economy, he wants to go over some community/county programs that I might qualify for to help us with rent and/or utilities. Very nice guy..he's only 27yrs old, has a 3yr old son and 1yr old daughter, has toured the Middle East twice w/ the Army and due to go back again come September. He's one of the few people I've encountered in life that wants to help people out of the goodness of his heart. I can use all the help he knows of..this house is a HUUUUGE 3bedroom, finished attic & basement, and nothing but sewage is included in my large rent payment..plus, with my northeast winter coming and already having had a nor'easter I'm not looking forward to filling those 2 menacing fuel oil tanks down in the cellar!! The house is I believe 1400sqft...hope it heats well! I think I"m rambling now, lol, so off to bake and battle my housework...and that damned bookcase!!! Have a great day, Jim!!
__________________
"I have been blessed..." ~ Martina McBride

Last edited by janie; 11-04-2011 at 10:21 AM..
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #40
whinesnob
Member
 
whinesnob's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janie View Post
Jim...Thank you for your kind words! I try to be the person my parents raised me to be...kind, polite, compassionate, etc. Sometimes it's hard, but the old adage "Kill 'em with kindness" rings true. I seriously think that if I told that guy that I forgive him he'd look at me like I was insane..for the sole reason that I really believe he saw nothing wrong with the way he treated me!.....Long day ahead of housework for me here, lol, gonna try tackling the bookcase again. See, I'm a voracious reader and I had nowhere in this new house to store my "library". So, a friend gave me one of the do-it-yourself bookshelves that are sold in like WalMart, BigLots, etc. Yea, it's already put together, but the backing is missing. So if it's not in a corner the whole thing leans and forms this odd geometric shape, lol. Thought maybe I had some luan (sp?) or something down in the basement to tack onto the back but I don't...so, now to try another option. Maybe if I reinforce it with more nails? We'll see! Just got the baby down for a rest...he's such a cutie, everytime I sing my song to him (John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy") he just smiles & the eyes start to fall. Gonna soon get my sliced apples that are marinating in cinnamon and sugar in the fridge to make my Granny's "Jewish Apple Cake" (dunno why she called it that...we're not Jewish). Oh yeah, uggh, have a visit from CPS today too. Before we moved here my son's old school reported us cause he missed a week of school due to strep throat. The doctors note he handed in wasn't good enough they said (oddly, the woman who handles the truancy stuff @ that school is the mother of a girl my fiance was engaged to 18yrs ago...she cheated on him with a close friend & he dumped her...sooo, this whole thing stinks of spite to me). And, because of my substance abuse issues, past arrests, etc, of course they're gonna come flocking. Case was supposed to be closed this past June, but because I wasn't up for company from the case worker 3 days after I gave birth to my son (the day I was discharged from hosp), the case worker said I was avoiding her & she has concerns for my baby's safety an the case was continued. I then requested a new case worker and got the SWEETEST woman I have ever met! She just comes to the house once a month, random drug testing...I have no qualms about it as I have nothing to hide. It'll all be done come January anyway. My landlords also coming to visit tonight...because of the economy, he wants to go over some community/county programs that I might qualify for to help us with rent and/or utilities. Very nice guy..he's only 27yrs old, has a 3yr old son and 1yr old daughter, has toured the Middle East twice w/ the Army and due to go back again come September. He's one of the few people I've encountered in life that wants to help people out of the goodness of his heart. I can use all the help he knows of..this house is a HUUUUGE 3bedroom, finished attic & basement, and nothing but sewage is included in my large rent payment..plus, with my northeast winter coming and already having had a nor'easter I'm not looking forward to filling those 2 menacing fuel oil tanks down in the cellar!! The house is I believe 1400sqft...hope it heats well! I think I"m rambling now, lol, so off to bake and battle my housework...and that damned bookcase!!! Have a great day, Jim!!
YW janie. More nails for the bookcase aren't going to cut it (pun intended). The back needs reinforcement with plywood and there are a number of different grades from rough to finish. That's low priced to high priced. A Home Depot type place can help you. Then secure to to the wall by nailing or screwing into studs. The other option is to buy L-brackets. Screw one end into the bookcase and the other into the wall, again into a stud. Use at least 6 if it's a tall bookcase. Top, middle & bottom. Good luck.
I was born and raised in Massachusetts so I know about them nor'easters. We don't have them in Chicago. Just lots of bitter cold and gray days that seem to go on endlessly. Woke up to a heavy frost today. It's early November and our winter is already knocking.
Well I gotta go so thanks for writing and I guess this means we're on-line friends.
Jim
__________________
whinesnob
whinesnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #41
JustJustin
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1
Default

I just had a lengthy conversation over the phone with a Reckitt Benckiser rep, and I would encourage you all to call them as well. She told me that they get complaints of cracked and crumbling films regularly and they are trying to identify the problem at the manufacturing level. She also acknowledged that when a Suboxone film strip is cracked, the chemistry of the embedded buprenorphine/naloxone mixture is compromised... Meaning that if you open a packet and have a film that sticks to the inside of the packet, is cracked, or is rigid and crumbly, the chemical composition of the film has also been altered.

We need to keep track of the lot numbers printed on the packet if it contains a defective film. I just got 90 films (8mg/2mg) and ALL of them are cracked in half.

LOT C11GW105
EXP 08/2012

Over the past few months I have received these defective films from both CVS and Wal-Mart pharmacies. The Reckitt representative told me to take the defective units back to the pharmacy and they would replace them with new ones, which I promptly did, only to find the NEW ONES were all cracked in pieces as well! Unfortunately I did not write down the lot number of the previous defective films I have received.

Since I do not have medical insurance nor do I qualify for their assistance program, I am paying around $700 per month for this defective product, and I can feel the difference. The cracked films always make me feel nauseated and they make me sweat like crazy. The normal films never did this.

We really need to pull together here and please post the lot number on the packet here to this forum if you open a Suboxone film and find it to be rigid, cracked, in pieces, or firmly stuck to the inside of the packet.

I am more concerned about the chemistry of the medication being defective than I am the physical integrity of the film itself! I am taking this issue very seriously because my sobriety and health are a matter of life and death, I am thankful for Suboxone, never had to deal with this when it was in tablet form, and this medication is just waaaayyyy to expensive to accept anything less than a chemically pure and consistently stable product!

Sincerely,

A concerned Suboxone patient
JustJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Say Thank You to JustJustin For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-02-2013), Thank You (11-06-2011), Thank You (11-05-2011), Thank You (11-06-2011)
Unread 11-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #42
janie
Senior Member
 
janie's Avatar
 
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinesnob View Post
YW janie. More nails for the bookcase aren't going to cut it (pun intended). The back needs reinforcement with plywood and there are a number of different grades from rough to finish. That's low priced to high priced. A Home Depot type place can help you. Then secure to to the wall by nailing or screwing into studs. The other option is to buy L-brackets. Screw one end into the bookcase and the other into the wall, again into a stud. Use at least 6 if it's a tall bookcase. Top, middle & bottom. Good luck.
I was born and raised in Massachusetts so I know about them nor'easters. We don't have them in Chicago. Just lots of bitter cold and gray days that seem to go on endlessly. Woke up to a heavy frost today. It's early November and our winter is already knocking.
Well I gotta go so thanks for writing and I guess this means we're on-line friends.
Jim
well, Jim, you were right! The nails did NOT work! The person who owned it before had attached this woven strap to the top of the unit w/ a screw in it to be screwed into a wall stud. But, I don't trust it...especially since my walls are the old plaster and horse hair...think I will hold off til I can borrow my dads pickup and go to Lowes or Home Depot and get some backing.
Woke up today to frost all over my yard...temp last night was 27 degrees! Sooo, not looking forward to winter. I hurt enough when it rains or is cold...like I'm 32 going on 82, lol! Lets just say heredity sucks, as does being diagnosed w/ Degenerative Disc Disease in your 20s, in addition to 'Arnold Chiari Type 1 Malformation'...which means part of my brain sticks outta my skull 8mm, my arms/legs go numb, horrendous headaches, etc. Not fun!!!
Sure, we can be online friends...that is if it's ok w/ you!

Well gotta go get myself and my boys ready for Sunday Mass!! Talk to ya soon! Have a great day!
__________________
"I have been blessed..." ~ Martina McBride
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #43
janie
Senior Member
 
janie's Avatar
 
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJustin View Post
I just had a lengthy conversation over the phone with a Reckitt Benckiser rep, and I would encourage you all to call them as well. She told me that they get complaints of cracked and crumbling films regularly and they are trying to identify the problem at the manufacturing level. She also acknowledged that when a Suboxone film strip is cracked, the chemistry of the embedded buprenorphine/naloxone mixture is compromised... Meaning that if you open a packet and have a film that sticks to the inside of the packet, is cracked, or is rigid and crumbly, the chemical composition of the film has also been altered.

We need to keep track of the lot numbers printed on the packet if it contains a defective film. I just got 90 films (8mg/2mg) and ALL of them are cracked in half.

LOT C11GW105
EXP 08/2012

Over the past few months I have received these defective films from both CVS and Wal-Mart pharmacies. The Reckitt representative told me to take the defective units back to the pharmacy and they would replace them with new ones, which I promptly did, only to find the NEW ONES were all cracked in pieces as well! Unfortunately I did not write down the lot number of the previous defective films I have received.

Since I do not have medical insurance nor do I qualify for their assistance program, I am paying around $700 per month for this defective product, and I can feel the difference. The cracked films always make me feel nauseated and they make me sweat like crazy. The normal films never did this.

We really need to pull together here and please post the lot number on the packet here to this forum if you open a Suboxone film and find it to be rigid, cracked, in pieces, or firmly stuck to the inside of the packet.

I am more concerned about the chemistry of the medication being defective than I am the physical integrity of the film itself! I am taking this issue very seriously because my sobriety and health are a matter of life and death, I am thankful for Suboxone, never had to deal with this when it was in tablet form, and this medication is just waaaayyyy to expensive to accept anything less than a chemically pure and consistently stable product!

Sincerely,

A concerned Suboxone patient
Thanks Justin, for this info...I'll be sure to note my lot numbers from now on and notify RB on Monday!
__________________
"I have been blessed..." ~ Martina McBride
janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #44
whinesnob
Member
 
whinesnob's Avatar
 
Posts: 80
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janie View Post
well, Jim, you were right! The nails did NOT work! The person who owned it before had attached this woven strap to the top of the unit w/ a screw in it to be screwed into a wall stud. But, I don't trust it...especially since my walls are the old plaster and horse hair...think I will hold off til I can borrow my dads pickup and go to Lowes or Home Depot and get some backing.
Woke up today to frost all over my yard...temp last night was 27 degrees! Sooo, not looking forward to winter. I hurt enough when it rains or is cold...like I'm 32 going on 82, lol! Lets just say heredity sucks, as does being diagnosed w/ Degenerative Disc Disease in your 20s, in addition to 'Arnold Chiari Type 1 Malformation'...which means part of my brain sticks outta my skull 8mm, my arms/legs go numb, horrendous headaches, etc. Not fun!!!
Sure, we can be online friends...that is if it's ok w/ you!

Well gotta go get myself and my boys ready for Sunday Mass!! Talk to ya soon! Have a great day!
Hi janie,
I too have degenerative disk disease. For over 20 years. That's why I became dependent on pain meds. Fentanyl patches and norco/percocet. Unfortunately, the fentanyl didn't work like it was supposed to but I'm not your average person when it comes to the field of medicine. I got to the point where I used a fentanyl patch just to keep out of withdrawal for not having a patch on. So much for its chronic pain properties. The good news is that I'm dependent and not an addict. Of course, that's also the bad news. I wish to get to the point of making the jump and allowing my pain receptors to reset before I go back on norco or percocet for breakthrough pain. For now I use tylenol, aspirin, a daily mobic and ice. And a tramadol here and there. But I try to not use one every day. I did get 3 trigger point injections last Tuesday and they really helped.
Your Arnold Chiari Type 1 Malformation is a new one on me. I looked it up and found that there can be some unpleasant side effects. Are you able to manage those with some degree of success?
I'm retired now but I did most of my business in the Allentown/Emmaus area with Rodale Press. That may not be too far from you. Seems so long ago now that it's going on 5 years.
The time is 10pm central and I'm off to bed. So I'll wish you a good nights sleep my friend.
__________________
whinesnob
whinesnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2014 Addiction Survivors