Addiction Survivors

Unread 08-30-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
jbksmomma81

Default Out of Suboxone...been 5 Days Without, Feeling Pretty Crappy!

Well I wasn't sure where else to go besides here!! I have been clean since Nov 12, 2009 and just recently I've went through a huge break up with my X (I was with for the last 6 years) he took my truck, made me loose my job, eventually had to move back to my moms cause I couldn't afford living on my own after depending on him the last few years we lived together! Anyways the past few months seem to have been really hard on me! It's only been these last 2months I have run out of my Suboxone early and it's atleast 5 days before I have my next appt. I was taking the tabs up until about 6-7 months ago but I have said it since I've started the Film that something was def different and my cravings have been much worse since I've been switched. Soo I call my Dr today to tell him I ran out again and this is what he told me, "Oh well, sorry about your luck, you can always get up at 530am and go down to the Methadone Clinic but I am going to piss test you at your next appt." Also he told me that he was glad I called him and told him I ran out early, he appreciated me being honest with him but still wouldn't do anything! I am also prescribed 2mg of xanax twice a day and I tried to get my refill yesterday and Walgreens is telling me that "someone" picked it up already on the 26th and that I will need to come in and talk to a manger in the morning! BS!! I am going on day 5 without my suboxone and I am feeling pretty rough right now!! I am hurting all over, my back hurts so bad right now I haven't gotten up off of the heating pad since this morning, ok maybe to use the restroom but thats it and that wasn't much! I want to know since my sub dr told me to go to the meth clinic should I just go?? Something is holding me back, I have someone right now with some methadone pills but for some reason I am making a bigger effort to try and find suboxone than go get these methadone pills which I'm sure just going and getting them would be way easier than finding the film but what else can I do so I'm not feeling so bad?? I thought I would get my script of xanax filled and just take those to sleep all day well pretty much sleep the entire day til Friday and then get back on track with my subs. I don't want to go through all this crap again, I've gone too far too look back BUT I am tired of feeling like this! Hell even when I am taking my film like I should I still feel some withdrawals and I never felt like this while on the tabs but my dr insist that I stay on the film and tells me that all of his patients are switching to the film...I really don't know what else to do! I need advice fast, withdrawals are kicking my A@!!!!
jbksmomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
deedle

ask Nancyb about the 3day law...maybe she can give you the link. then an er or another dr. ...if it was me I'd call around b/c of the $ ...the er would most likely be cheaper.
and when you do see your dr talk about maybe a change in your dose?
I am sorry you're hurting
best wishes

oh and as for the Walgreens..I know I have to show id if picking up that kind of medication. surely they wouldn't hand it over to anyone
definitely investigate!
deedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hi jbksmomma81, sorry to hear everything that has happened with you. Here's the 3-day rule to which deedle referred:
http://www.naabt.org/documents/three-day-rule.pdf

It means that any doctor - does not have to be certified - can dispense Suboxone for 3 days. It might be difficult finding anyone to do that. Do you have a general doctor or OB/GYN you've been seeing for a while? Maybe s/he would be willing to help you out.

How much Suboxone were you taking? Have you had any withdrawals since the film, or just cravings?

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to take the methadone pills, mainly because your doctor said he is going to test you when you come in. Does he a policy where he could dismiss you from treatment if you test positive for opiates?

As for the xanax, find out what is going on. No one should stop any benzo cold because of benzo withdrawals.

Here's a thread where people have said what worked for them for WDs:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=14693

Let us know how you're doing.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
deedle

go team Nancy! listen to the lady....she's the queen of
the information nation.
I truly hope you find some help asap. no one deserves
to suffer.be proactive ...the faster the better.
I know you feel that....and please update.
Unread 08-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
jbksmomma81

Well I just want to let everyone know that I'm still alive!!! I'm feeling a little worse today, I thought it would get easier after about 5 days?? I just wanna post my experience for anyone else who is going thru this as well...I have been on Suboxone 12mg a day for the last year and a half, recently ran out which happened to me last month as well, now this just started happening and I feel the withdrawls alot more now than I did before when I was on the Sub pills and I was even on a lower dose then, my dose has increased since then but since I've been on the film I am not feeling the same and I can not stress to my Dr enough that I don't feel the same on the film and the pills worked much better, he tells me basically to suck it up like he did the other day!! Anyways today makes 6 days and I feel horrible!! I can barely get out of bed, hot then cold sweats, migraines and no sleep!! I'm sure I'm feeling more I just can't think right now, my mom is tryin to talk me into going and checking myself in to the Behavorial Center here in VA but Ive heard they don't treat with suboxone and I really don't want to start over! I've been clean, without pain pills since Nov. 12, 2009 no need to turn back now! I just need to get to the underlying problem and address that!! If anyone can tell me where to go in Portsmouth, VA for the 3 day rule that would be GREAT!!!
Unread 08-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
NancyB
Administrator

Hi jbksmomma81, when did you stop the xanax? I'm just wondering if that can be contributing to the way you're feeling.

As for the 3-day rule, you have to call around and see if you can find a doctor or an ER that would do it. If you have a regular doctor or OB/GYN, that would be a good place to start.

Fingers crossed you start feeling better soon.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 08-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
jbksmomma81

I've been on Xanax for nearly 4 years. I am up to taking 4mg a day as well as ambien 10mg to sleep at night, I have severe insomnia!! I had an issue with Walgreens and we found out yesterday that someone called in Xanax 0.5mg under my name and they claimed to be from a Dr that I haven't been to since 2008! Therefore I can't get my Xanax filled til the 3rd now. I have not had any xanax since last this past Friday and I am going crazy!! My mom keeps telling me to call my Sub Dr again and explain to him that I am in withdrawals really bad and I don't want to go to the Meth Clinic and since my appt is in 2 days can I please come in early. I just don't want to bug him especially since he's already told me "Suck it up" I don't want to push it too far then be kicked out! I don't know what to do, should I call my PCP and see if they can prescribe suboxone or just go to the closest ER and see what they do for me?? My only problem is I have a 11yo son and a single parent so I can't stay in the hospital for 3 days to get suboxone.....I don't know what to do and to be honest I am ready to give up!!!! Can anyone tell me if I went to see the 1st Dr that started me on suboxone just to get me thru these few days, would that cause me to be kicked out of my real Suboxone Dr???
Unread 08-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
deedle

if your first dr will see you GO. I doubt your current Dr
would drop you as a patient ..but if that did happen there
are other doctors..probably ones who would listen and adjust
your dose properly. wd's AND benzo wd' s are very serious.
right now just go to whomever will treat you TODAY.
it's not just your well being at risk but you have to get stable
for your child. whoever you go to just be honest about
everything that's going on.
if you can be seen by someone today do it before the situation gets any
worse. if it was me I would try the 1st dr or er. there's
no need to add stuff like methadone just get what your body
is acclimated to. please update ..be proactive.
I'm no expert btw I'm just telling you what I would do in said situation.
Unread 08-31-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

Hi jbksmomma81, can you pay cash to get yourself enough xanax until the 3rd? Am I correct in assuming that is an insurance issue? You cannot stop benzos cold, see if you can do that and tell your pharmacy that no one except for you is allowed it pick up your prescriptions.

You would not have to stay in the hospital for the 3-day rule. You would have to go there each day to have it 'dispensed'. Not stay there. So if you can get an ER to dispense it to you, then do that.

You could also ask your PCP if s/he would do the 3-day rule for your, or, if the doctor would be willing, prescribe a couple of days worth, but indicated for pain. A doctor does not need certification to prescribe for pain.

Did you like your first doctor better? Is there a reason you didn't go back to him?

Nancy
Unread 08-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #10
alanw

Sounds like your doctor is upset that you abused your script of subs. He may even let you go as a patient, I would look for another doc asap just in case. Do what you have to do to get by, goodluck and stay strong!
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
jbksmomma81

Nancy....I tried to pay cash for my Xanax but the pharmacist would not allow it at all, he said the soonest he could fill it would be the 3rd more than likely. I am having to go thru the police report and all that good stuff. Starting tomorrow my insurance will change so I'm wondering if I can have them filled tomorrow beings that the insurance will be different?? I just don't want to be flagged for something that I really had no control over, I didn't know that someone called in a script under my name AND WHY did the pharmacy let it go thru beings that the day that it was called in and picked up it would have been too early to fill it so I'm not sure how that one was pulled off!

Also to answer the question above about my 1st Sub dr and why I just don't go back to him, when I first went to him he was great now after I would say maybe a month he tried to take me off the suboxone and had never given him a reason to take me off of them, never had a dirty urine test, never ran out of my pills or anything that is why I found a new Dr. I really do like my Sub Dr and if I lose my insurance his office visits are only $60 a month compared to $$$...I just wish he would listen to me, like I said even with this Dr never have I given him a reason to doubt me besides now. I have always had a clean urine test, I've never called him before and tried to get in early, I'm going through a TON of stress right now and maybe thats what caused me to take an extra one here and there but honestly and I'm taking my mom in there with me because some days it will be 4pm and I say, "I forgot to take my suboxone" then I'll take it only because I thought about it and she's saying that she see's a huge difference in the way I act, my attitude and everything and she too says that while I was on the sub pills I wasn't like this. I doubt he will kick me out, he told me when I called him that he was glad I called and glad I was honest with him about running out but he just could not have me come in early and that was it! I really do not see how I could have ran out early like I did, I do know that last month I had left my film in my moms van after going to Busch Gardens and my older brother (who is addicted to pain pills) brought them to me at my house later that day and asked me for a few and I told him Nope, so last month I am pretty positive that he took some which caused me to run out but I didn't want to tell my dr that cause he might make me do a police report and I don't want to see my brother go to jail, he's been in and out of the system since he was 17yo now he's 34! I started to feel somewhat better as the day went on today, so Im hoping by Friday mid day I'll feel ok to get out of the bed and go see my dr. Can anyone please tell me WHY he is so against putting me back on the tabs beings that I did alot better on those than I am with the film?? Is there something different with the film? I felt sooo much better being on the sub pills rather than being on this film.One other question, has anyone had a problem with their film being in pieces when you open them up?? Seems like every film that I get is already ripped and sometimes they are even completely ripped in half?? Im gonna post again tomorrow and let everyone know how I'm feeling, right now I just wanna try to lay down and go to sleep. My X fiancee's new wife called social services and told them I give my 11yo son benadryl to go to sleep at night, little did she know his Dr had prescribed him trazadone and I said I wasn't going to give that to him so he told me I coud give him benadryl and I still don't do that!! Just too much going on right now, stressed out big time! This guy was someone I was with for 6 years, we lived together shared bank accts and everything! It was this past March 10th which happened to be my 30th bday AND our well would've been our 6yr anniversary and he up and left me and my son and 2 weeks later ended up getting married to this girl!! Took my truck out from under me while I was working out at the gym one day, took my sons dirtbike and has me going thru court saying I chased him out of the house waiving my gun in the air!! The charge isn't going anywhere tho because I have proof that I wasn't living in the house when he said this happened, I also already had the power turned off in the house and there is no way I would stay in a house especially at 1:30 in the morning which is when he said it happened, with my son and just so happens that this was in the middle of the night on a Sunday and he is always out of town on Sundays and comes home Monday evening for work AND to top it off he doesn't realize that he's already told the judge that he is out of town Sunday thru Monday evening! Haha...anyways sorry I'm rambling, I'm laying down now! Nite everyone and I will keep you all updated!!
Unread 09-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #12
NancyB
Administrator

Hi jbksmomma81, thanks for explaining about the other doctor. That's too bad that he has a cookie cutter way of treating people. It is better that you found a new doctor.

One thing that's really sticking out is when you said: "I'm going through a TON of stress right now and maybe thats what caused me to take an extra one here and there but honestly and I'm taking my mom in there with me because some days it will be 4pm and I say, "I forgot to take my suboxone" then I'll take it only because I thought about it and she's saying that she see's a huge difference in the way I act, my attitude and everything and she too says that while I was on the sub pills I wasn't like this."

From what you said, it seems that you started on the film around the same time your ex left and all of this distress started - could it be that the cravings you're having on the film is a reaction to the stress you're under? That's just a thought, I know everyone is different, but one of the most common threads with the film is that many people find that they need less because the absorption is better with the film than the pills. If that was the case, having too much Suboxone in your system can cause someone to feel really lousy.

When you go tomorrow, you may find that you'll need less of the Suboxone than you have been taking because you've been without for so long now. You might think about starting at 2mg and then wait a couple of hours, take 2mg more if needed, and so on - whether it be the film or the pills. Taking more than you need can cause unwanted side effects, so please be careful. You also have discern between what is opiate withdrawal and what is benzo withdrawal.

Are you in any type of therapy? That might be helpful in light of everything you're going through.

I'm not sure about having the new insurance if they'll fill your xanax now. It can't hurt to try. Some of how you're feeling could be from stopping the xanax cold. That is a dangerous thing to do, so please try to do what you can to get that prescription filled. Bring a copy of the police report with you if you have it to prove that you did not have a prescription filled. They should call the doctor's office on the prescription and they could verify that it was not you who filled it.

Please keep us updated.

Nancy
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #13
theswan

Doctor said-
"suck it up'? When I read things like that I get so flustered. Why get into a field that is about healing only to say such a jerk thing?

I had a chiropractor tell me the same thing once about my pain-I never went back. The gall of telling a hurting person to suck it up-like what you are behind enemy lines and the troops are coming to search and kill so you should suck up you pain and not whimper-ok maybe then suck it up but as a human who is hurting and the fix is so easy, to say that is medical heresy

Good luck and God bless

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to theswan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-16-2011)
Unread 09-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #14
deedle

how are you doing? any dr luck?
deedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #15
jbksmomma81

Well I managed to wait it out til my appt. I took my mom with me and she helped e explain to my dr that ever since I had been on the film I felt worse and the last 2 months I am running out. Well whatever else my mom said my DR put me back on the Sub tabs and I have been feeling a lot better!! This has been a rough month for me as it seems I cant get away from these people!! Last Friday I was with a friend of mine who happens to be a guy and we had pulled up in his friends driveway about the same time the Narcs pulled in behind us!!! They grabbed both of us out of the car and searched everything only to find the guy I was with pain pills and about 45 adderall so they took us both downtown! Little did I know this guy was on what we call "dope" also come this Friday I realized I was short on pills! Now once we got released he pulled his gear cover off and I saw something that looked like suboxone down under it, I tried to get in there to get them out but he didn't want me too..I didnt think nothing of it after that so I let him get them out...well here I am 9 days before I see my dr and this guy has raped me of atleast 6 pills and Im struggling tryin to make it thru!! I want to call the police and make a report but this guy says he's going to rehab, he's tryin to get his life back together for his 2 kids and I dont want to get him in more trouble BUT when I asked him about it he claims he didn't have any suboxone and straight lied to my face! Any ideas on what I should do?? This looks funny though because here I am AGAIN running really short! My Dr is going to begin to wonder if its me who is selling them or if Im just taking too many which I am not doing either! I know who tool them and I guess thats all that matters now whether I call and make a police report or not! I'm over having to make sure my pills are under lock and key right now! I hate this crap, my mom told me that should be a lesson on who I trust and hang out with, but he was a friend from high school I didn't know he was on drugs that bad and if I did I would've never hung out with him cause I'm better than that!! I don't know if I can make these last few pills (actually have 4 left) last 9 days or not...I am prescribed 12mg a day...this sucks all because I was "helping" a friend who said they needed my help and look at what happens to me!! I wont talk to him or go around him anymore, what he did is wrong and if I was a "true" friend he wouldn't have done that, but as we all know "addicts" will do whatever they can to get their next high!! I mean thats why we're all on here right? Lol..anyways Im gonna to try and suck it up but I don't know last month was rough for those 5 days I went without I dont know if I could do that again that was horrible!!! I'll post again and let everyone know whats going on here in a few days...
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #16
soveryblessed

Lightbulb

Hello, jbksmomma81, sounds like a real mess. I don't know what to suggest about running short---I'm sure NancyB and/or Tim or someone else can guide you better than I can about that. I just wanted to throw in that 1. you might consider getting a small safe (they're not that expensive-try a pawn shop) I kept all my meds in a locked box over the years (especially the ones with street value) as I was raising my (then) small kids who are now adults. Although I only have my grandson around a couple times a week and really not much other traffic, I keep my subs locked up tight. Just to be safe, my mom has the other key (she lives about 25 miles away) and I carry mine with me at all times. 2. We addicts are not very good at having honest relationships with doctors--likely because we are driven to say anything necessary to achieve our goal of getting medication. It would be a real breakthrough in your sobriety walk to just lay it out for your doctor and then deal with the consequences of your life choices. Don't mean to sound harsh--if he doesn't prescribe more you could be uncomfortable for a few days--but in the long-run you will feel really good about this situation and you and your trusted doctor will have taken a step forward in your doc/patient relationship. Give him a chance, explain what steps you have taken to ensure that this will not happen again and see what he can do to help you out. You might be surprised. Good luck to you
kristi
soveryblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to soveryblessed For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-16-2011)
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
alanw

Thats crazy, you need to really start using your head for your kids sake, im a 24 year old student who has parties and plenty of people coming over and ive managed for 7 months to protect my script from theft, im sure you can manage better if you try, honestly id give your rx to your mom and have her dose you everyday to ensure consistency!

Goodluck and keep us all updated, and you said that you were trying to help your friend, how were you helping him?
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to alanw For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-16-2011), Thank You (10-17-2011)
Unread 10-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #18
nan

Hello, Since you only have 4 pills left for 9 days I would suggest waiting until you feel a little uncomfortable and then taking maybe half a pill. I can't imagine you walking into a drs office and telling them this story and having them give you an extra prescription.

Sounds like you need to come up with a plan that will keep you on track and moving forward. Don't know what else you are doing in your treatment program because if you are just "taking" suboxone, that is not enough. At this point in time perhaps your mom needs to be in charge of your medications so she can at least monitor the amount you are taking, as well as keeping them safe.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-16-2011), Thank You (10-17-2011)
Unread 10-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #19
NancyB
Administrator

Hi jbksmomma81, you could either take 4mg every day or every other day to see if that gets you through or do as nan suggested and wait until you're feeling WDs and take the smallest amount so you're not miserable.

Try to keep as busy as possible so you're not thinking about how you feel, that will help too.

Keep us posted on how you're doing when you can.

Nancy