Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
cingthelite

Smile Wondering about TN Suboxone patients

I was wondering if anybody out there was in TN, and wanted to possibly say where they found the cheapest Dr. in the Knoxville area, where U found the cheapest pharmacy, if you've found local pharmacies that have the Suboxone film, actually just general Suboxone questions in general that pertain to my area.

I certainly wish to remain anonymous, as I know everyone else does. I do not wish to disclose any personal info or ANYTHING of that nature. The posts I've seen where a state is mentioned has never been my state is the only reason I ask.

I paid 275.00 for my 1st Dr. visit and $150.00 every two weeks. He sent me to a particular mom & pop pharmacy stating that he knew they carried what he had written. After reading some other people's posts, I'm kind of wondering if I have chosen the best doctor for me. I found out that my ins will pay for generic Suboxone when I called them. I then called my Dr office and asked if he would write the generic. I was told that Buprenorphine was a different drug and No he would not write that; I would have to take the Suboxone. This is fine if he feels that is what will work for my particular situtation, but now I'm not so sure. He also hadn't heard of the here to help (I think that's the right program name) where the drug mfg will pay for your meds free for a year and the Dr can only have 3 people participating under his care at one time in this program.

If this is okay to post, any local TN with any feedback would be so greatly appreciated. Hats off to all of us. Have a great rest of the night.
cingthelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 06:05 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi cingthelite, also think about trying the matching system:
https://www.naabt.org/patient_doctor/patient_login.cfm
You can put in the Statement to the Doctor section that you're looking for a doctor to prescribe generic 'tex because that's all your insurance will cover and state what insurance you have.

It's worth a try to see anyone gets back to you.

Let us know if you find anyone new.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-26-2010)
Unread 10-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
cingthelite

Default Generic Subutex

I will definitely try finding a new Dr. that will prescribe it. Went to 1st counseling session at Dr. office 2nite. She reaffirmed that my Dr. WILL NOT write generic because it does not have the drug that begins with N with keeps people from using it by needle. I will take your advice and try the physician locator again through NAABT, cause that's how I found the Dr. I'm seeing now. It really is a very helpful site. Thanks again. Hats off to everyone here. Hope we are all able to keep up our good work.
cingthelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingthelite View Post
I was wondering if anybody out there was in TN, and wanted to possibly say where they found the cheapest Dr. in the Knoxville area, where U found the cheapest pharmacy, if you've found local pharmacies that have the Suboxone film, actually just general Suboxone questions in general that pertain to my area.

I certainly wish to remain anonymous, as I know everyone else does. I do not wish to disclose any personal info or ANYTHING of that nature. The posts I've seen where a state is mentioned has never been my state is the only reason I ask.

I paid 275.00 for my 1st Dr. visit and $150.00 every two weeks. He sent me to a particular mom & pop pharmacy stating that he knew they carried what he had written. After reading some other people's posts, I'm kind of wondering if I have chosen the best doctor for me. I found out that my ins will pay for generic Suboxone when I called them. I then called my Dr office and asked if he would write the generic. I was told that Buprenorphine was a different drug and No he would not write that; I would have to take the Suboxone. This is fine if he feels that is what will work for my particular situtation, but now I'm not so sure. He also hadn't heard of the here to help (I think that's the right program name) where the drug mfg will pay for your meds free for a year and the Dr can only have 3 people participating under his care at one time in this program.

If this is okay to post, any local TN with any feedback would be so greatly appreciated. Hats off to all of us. Have a great rest of the night.
I have found many docs aren't familiar with all the sub options.all you need from him is the script the rest of the help is from shrinks , meetings na or aa, talking with others in similar situations or, most of all hitch on to someone with a similar past with a lot of recovery under there belt, only if there happy, some people have been clean for ten years and are miserable pricks, "I;d rather not have what they got, i want to be happy joyous and free, believe me I'm not, but i dont have to awake and worry about w/d, and can laugh, mostly at or about myself.laughter is a good addictive mood.doc wont give subutex, mine either even though its cheaper, you feel the opiate effectmore.ask for the film they have a 75 dollar coupon for 12 months, by then there will be generic subs everywhere....screw the mom and pop, call a wall mart and have them order the film, your doc will prob write that.kit.good luck
19582001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
melissakay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingthelite View Post

Hey I read you'r post about what you pay for your Dr. visit, I'm in knoxville Tn can you write me back with the Dr. name I can't find a Dr. who will switch me from methadone to suboxone for less than $500 for my first visit I realy need help with finding a good Dr. at a price I can afford Thank You
melissakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
tlg

Melissakay~
Welcome~
Here's a link that talks about finding treatment. If you've already tried these things, then hopefully someone who has some better info for you will come around, but just wanted to give you a little something to possibly start you off with!

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21259

Best of luck to you!
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
sotruelyblessed

Moved to new thread, see next post.
sotruelyblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
NancyB
Administrator

Above post and response copied to new thread:

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=28060
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote