Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
kitty77

Default Smoking like crazy

I went from a few a day to a box a day!! They dont even taste good & I keep smoking. What gives?! Also it's 19hrs & I'm getting sick is that normal? Why would my ex get sick every 4 hrs? Cause of snorting it instead of sublingually?
kitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to kitty77 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-07-2012)
Unread 10-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
DARKEYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty77 View Post
I went from a few a day to a box a day!! They dont even taste good & I keep smoking. What gives?! Also it's 19hrs & I'm getting sick is that normal? Why would my ex get sick every 4 hrs? Cause of snorting it instead of sublingually?
Kitty,
I am not qualified to tell you about getting sick, but Suboxene is for sub-lingual use, not crushing and snorting it. If you are under a doctors care he should have told you that, because this medication does work. How many tablets are you prescribed? And how many for your husband? IMO you would do much better if you took the sub as prescribed, under the tongue. Sub has a long half life. Longer than any pill. I think its over thirty hours. So if your taking it as prescribed you may need a dosage increase or decrease. Nancy or one of the Admins can answer you better than I can. As for the smoking, I quit the day I got on sub, had one relapse, they tasted awful, made me dizzy, so I quit again and have saved so much money. It goes into my new car account.
Unread 10-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
KatieCat

I have been smoking like crazy too! I went from half a pack a day to nearly two packs a day! I am so aggitated all the time! I feel like I need something but can't figure out what it is, so I just smoke and smoke!
Unread 11-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
peacealright

I am also smoking much, much more than I used to. When I was using, I did not want to smoke until I got high, or used opiates. I know there is a small amount of opiate in suboxone, and I take suboxone 3 times a day. So, when my brain gets that small amount of opiate, it makes me want to smoke.
Your husband should not snort suboxone. There is naloxone in suboxone, which causes a person to get very sick if they do not take the suboxone as prescribed. This is to prevent misuse.
Unread 11-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Birdman1945

Hi Kitty77:

Wow! Me also. I've doubled my cigarette input in the last three weeks. Couldn't say if being on suboxone has anything to do with it though. Gonna keep an eye on your thread and learn what I can. I smoke Ultralights went from about six a day to twelve.

Great luck.
Ron
Birdman1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
jamjammer53150

Ok this is becomming beyond uncanny , Almost every frigging post i read , its like Umm me too
BTW this is my first post here
Hello everyone
jamjammer53150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #7
suki

Yea I too find that I have increased my smoking...My hubby and I went to ecigpros.com and bought the electronic cigs. You can manage your nicotine intake and taper down. No harmful chemicals just vapor with nicotine. We are trying it out. they seem to be just as good as the real deal. Other people I spoke to said they have stuck with the ecig and not smoked a reg cig in years. Hope this helps!!!
Suki
suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
Tawny

I definitely smoke more on sub. I bought e-cigs a while ago and they don't give me the same "fix" as a regular cig. You have to suck harder to get a normal puff of smoke (unless you get the manual one with the button on the side, which releases the smoke). And I can't really feel the smoke going into my throat like you can on a real cig. But they are good for when I'm in the car because I don't like to stink my car up.
Tawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
suki

Tawny,

The ones that my hubby and I got off that website work VERY well, we compared them to regular cigs and they have the same drawl. They aren't like the cheapo ones from the gas station, they actually work (at least for us and we were both 1 pack a day smokers). There are a ton of different ecigs but we did our homework and this specific one did the trick. www.ecigpros.com

hope this helps!!
Suki
Unread 03-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
Tawny

I did a lot of research too because I was afraid to get some cheap ones that don't work, and also I was afraid it would be a scam and they would charge my credit card monthly or something. But I found a company that was reputable and I haven't had any problems with them so far, and it's been about 6 months. I spent $150 for the "Elite Package" that included a manual cig (with the button that releases the smoke), and 2 automatic cigs...1 regular length and 1 100-length. I also got a wall charger, car charger, a case and a bunch of refills in different flavors. So after spending all that, I don't think I'll try any others right now because I still have a bunch of refills that I haven't used. I do feel it a little when I inhale, but for some reason, it just doesn't satisfy me. I think because I want it have a harsher drawl, and also because I have to puff harder than a normal cigarette. Do you have to puff longer on the ones from ecigpros.com or is it the exact same as smoking a real cig?
Tawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #11
suki

Tawny,
The ones we got from www.ecigpros.com have no problems with drawl and also come in flavors...we are super happy with them. check out their site and the owners research documentation. we are super happy with them, they are the best we have found and everyone we try them on agrees. I say its worth the buy they have packages with chargers and extra refills...I was a pack a day smoker...these things rock
Suki
Unread 07-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
Coldsoldiers

The reason u guys r smoking so much more is when u use to do opiates the dopamine is releast so not doing opiates it dnt produce it so u smoke to release that dopamine again I learned that in group to day at west main behavioral in Waterbury ct
Coldsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #13
finallyfree91811

whe ni was using heroin and also vicodin i noticed that i wanted to smoke_
- ALOT more than normal. ive now been off sub for almost 5 days and also want to quit smoking. prob not a good idea since im more irritable now. decided that once istart to feel better ill give it a try. ive quit many things in the last year and want to do it the right way to be as successful as i can. good luck to everyone!
PEACE & LOVE
finallyfree91811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
football50

Well I've been on suboxone for 7 months now and the beginning was the worst when talking about smoking like crazy... After you take them awhile .. It will b back to normal .. At least it was that way with me
football50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
asouth32

I wish smoking more was the only side effect that I have. I sweat so much when I take mine if I go out, I look like I ran myself through a car wash. I sweat so much now that I have to pack one of those little battery powered fans. I had one lady come up to me pat me on the back, and say I know, hot flashes. Two thoughts came into my mind, Do i look that old? and No just sweating from the medication. I do smoke alot more than I used to, but I honestly would rather smoke than go back to any type of painkiller. I still sit and worry what is gonna happen if I have to be in surgery or something like that though.
asouth32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #16
Renee01

asouth, I worry about that too! I'm 44, and in perimenopausal stage. Still have regulare periods, but I know things just ain't right! I have hot flashes, and just think I'm crazier than normal! hehe!
I too think about the day we will need opiates, and you know what? Most likely that day we'll come, but we'll think of it differently now. If I think I will go crazy, or misuse any kind of medication, I will definitely say "hey, do you mind dosing me"? My sobriety isn't worth it.
Right now I am puffing on an e-cigarette and they are fantastic!
Renee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #17
reneewill3

Suboxone the first few days will actually make you feel high, but it is very temporary. If this is why you are using it, you are doing it for the wrong reason. It sounds to me like you may be replacing one addiction for another with the smokes.....This is something very common in addicts, and you really need to get a handle on it and talk with someone. My trigger when I first started the suboxone was coffee......I drank coffee all day long, and since I have been off of suboxone, my taste for coffee has almost completely diminished. The suboxone was masking so many things for me. Nothing is the same since I quit taking it.......Good luck to you. You can feel free to check out my story......
reneewill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #18
Newlife30

Me and my fella smoke more definitely I feel like I got two things I need to quit smokes and subs. I wonder often which one I should do first and how to go about it?
Newlife30 is offline   Reply With Quote