Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 07-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
nikkigz1985

Default try this for dissolving under your tongue

Wheni first started when i would put it under my tongue it would make me gag,now i still dissolve it under my tongue i just dont swallow at all until its completly dissolved and than i swallow it down with a drink,,,and if i have to swallow while its still dissolving just make sure your spit with the medicene in it is still under ur tongue so your not tasting it kindve hard to explain on here but it helps
nikkigz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
toms

One of my docs suggested a spoonful of honey when taking the tabs. I also hated the taste, but eventually got used to taking them.
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
Salgoud

Try putting a half between your lower cheek and gum. It dissolves in about 20 minutes, no swallowing Suboxone, because not a lot of saliva is produced. Same effect, if not better because the slow disolving of the pill allows the mucous membranes to absorb more medicine. Kind of like chew, and also it doesn't have an overwhelming taste.

Good Karma
Thank You (07-23-2010), Thank You (07-16-2010), Thank You (09-11-2010)
Unread 07-20-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
blackthorn

I found some where on this site how to help take yor sub. #1 no caffine or smokeing 30 min before # 2 rinse your mouth with warm water before taking your dose
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
DARKEYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
I found some where on this site how to help take yor sub. #1 no caffine or smokeing 30 min before # 2 rinse your mouth with warm water before taking your dose
I take mine around eleven-thirty am, sometimes much later cause i forget, but what I do is no caffeine (I drink a LOT of coffee), and after the tablets dissolve, pop a peppermint in my mouth. To help them dissolve I come here and read and learn, I find that sitting quietly with no distractions helps me. When the boys are coming I MAKE SURE I take it before they get here then lock everything in the safe. I don't smoke any longer so that's not a problem. If I had to go without caffeine and nicotine, YIKES! I would be nuttier than I already am. It was difficult the first few weeks to realize that I could wait to take the meidcation, not knowing about the half life untill I read it here. That helps a lot knowing how your body reacts to waiting one hour one day, and so on until you finally say OOPS did I foget something?
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #6
dpndntnomr

Was on another website and read about inserting disolved Sub into rectum. Anyone ever heard about this?
dpndntnomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
NancyB
Administrator

Hi dpndntmomr, here's an old thread that was recently resurrected about that mode of administration.

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=13711

The medication is indicated to be taken sublingually, therefore, it should be taken that way - as prescribed. Trying to find new ways to take it is, in my opinion, bordering on addictive behavior - the behavior that the patient is trying to break free from.

Hope that's helpful.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Users Say Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-04-2011), Thank You (09-04-2011), Thank You (06-30-2011), Thank You (09-11-2010), Thank You (09-08-2010), Thank You (06-27-2011)
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #8
dpndntnomr

Nancy, thanks for replying so soon. I just thought maybe it was a joke or someone wasn't really on Sub, but apparently there are many things about Suboxone I have yet to learn. I would never take it any other way than prescribed. Thank you for this forum. I'm trying to taper and I've been getting depressed, so I need to keep checking back because I learn something new everytime and everyone helps me lots!
dpndntnomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
banana26

Default Smoking cigs and taking sub. bad?

Does anyone know why it sais on your prescription info not to smoke while taking your sub? or why you shouldnt smoke 30 min before either? When i was at work yesterday it was so busy i couldnt even take a lunch and I found myself only having ten minutes to eat, smoke and pop a sub in my mouth between clients. (I am a hairstylist) Is this dangerous? The only reason I could come up with was that it causes the sub to become dislodged from under your tongue. My mid day dose is always the hardest. I find it very difficult to even talk while u have a poky thing under your toungue taking 20 min to dissolve. Im sure i would benefit from the strips.
banana26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
NancyB
Administrator

Hi banana26, nicotine can constrict the blood vessels under your tongue and cause you to absorb less - so that's why no nicotine is suggested for 30 minutes before taking it. Same goes for caffeine - many people find they absorb better by not having any caffeine 30 minute prior to taking the Suboxone. Smoking while dissolving it under your tongue could possibly cause the medication to move around maybe?

If it's taking that long to dissolve, you could try cutting it up into smaller pieces and see if that helps. Also rinsing your mouth out with really warm water can help both absorption and also length of time because your mouth won't be as dry.

Hope that helps.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-09-2010), Thank You (10-18-2010)
Unread 09-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #11
MissSurvivor

Honestly, I just take it whenever I don't wait the 30 minutes anymore but that's me. I don't notice an absorption difference but EVERYONE'S DIFFERENT. Nancy's right about it though and it totally makes sense. I don't think there's a danger though.

Danielle
Thank You (09-09-2010)
Unread 09-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #12
packrat

Does anyone know the difference in the bioavailability of bupe when administered between cheek and gum vs. sublingually? I wonder how this would change with strips.
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #13
slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpndntnomr View Post
Was on another website and read about inserting disolved Sub into rectum. Anyone ever heard about this?
I've heard of that. It's called "shoving it up your A__" I don't think sublingual tabs are meant for that though.

Actually there's a new suboxone film which is supposed to be alot easier if you have trouble swallowing. Perhaps it was made because of the new trend of it tasting so bad that people would rather shove it up their a__ than taste it.

Last edited by slave; 09-25-2010 at 08:49 PM..
slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #14
KatieCat

In total, I have taken Suboxone/Subutex for about a year (on and off) in frustration, I have tried different ways of taking it~though, I have never "plugged" it and never injected it (duh!)~ but contrary to the addicts' stubborn pattern of thinking~ that we know more than the experts, the doctors are actually right on this one; it works best under the tounge, the proper way. (Me sucking up my pride)

No snorting, no swallowing the pill whole, no crushing, no mixing, just put it under your tounge, control the urge to puke, ingore your instnct to spit out that nasty taste, and be patient. I believe that is why they made it that way, to teach us addicts patience~
Thank You (06-27-2011)
Unread 06-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #15
Moeblank

It does depress breathing I notice smoking too soon after taking I get very dizzy and can't finish cig. Takes awhile to stand up and walk too! It also drys skin and body up that's why NO caffeine which drys up your water levels. DRINK LOTS OF WATER! but only well before or after dosing. Take vit c too if your a smoker to combat the decrease it causes. It is still opioid receptor med so it can cause breathing problems like people od on oxy's cuz they'd crush the ext release and pass out and it would continue raising levels and they're breathing would STOP. That's why the Feds changed the OC ER to OP where crushing didn't work it was all like every grain became gluey especially with contact of saliva. Most of it came out of your bowels anyway so it didn't work taking them orally anymore either.
I had the swelling at first and head aches but i took less at a time and waiting longer between doses. Headaches came from after it's mostly dissolved there is grainy stuff that doesn't seem to dissolve so after 15 min I look under tongue in mirror to see if it's dissolve, being that it's orange helps! If there's no film or orange I spit out the grainy crap that has also helped with the headaches and nausea! Did anyone answer about the bumps or pimple like things on skin, maybe came with the dryness, i used to have excema or psoriasis but don't want to take corticosteroid creams.
Part of my history.
Moeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #16
blackberrybunny

Are you guys talking about the tablets? I kinda like the way they taste, except for that last big frothy mouthful when I finally know it's all dissolved and time to swallow it all down. But it's not bad at all. Tastes a lot better than letter a xanax or valium dissolve under your tongue!!! But I've noticed the pills sometimes burn my throat a little, but I'm NOT complaining!!

And I think I too remember seeing someone on another site saying about putting it up your butt---- I think that was just some kid who got on there and was being an *ss themselves, LOL.
blackberrybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #17
Sugar

Never mind ....
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #18
blackberrybunny

KatieKat, what do you mean by 'plugging it?'

And I find the taste sort of good.

For those that hate the taste, I wonder if we could sprinkle a little tiny spoonful of sugar in there with it?
blackberrybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:45 PM   #19
stp747

blackberry, plugging is rectally inserting medication. I don't mind the taste either. Actually, since the sub. is under my tongue, I don't taste it at all! Steve
stp747 is offline   Reply With Quote