Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Christine0120

Default Twitching and Spasms when going to sleep?

Recently, when I go to bed and start off to sleep, I twitch (my arms, or a leg) and it wakes me up. It feels like I am having some sort of a loss of control of my muscles. It is really annoying! I was wondering why this would be starting after almost 2 months on Sub.

Weird, huh???
Christine
Unread 10-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
OhioMike

It could be Suboxone related and it might not be. Mine is and it did not begin right away.

The good thing is, if it is Sub related then it is nothing to worry about, at least not IMO and it does ease up with time and dose reduction. The other thing I found nice was, I knew once I passed that and got to sleep, I was going to have some really intense dreams thanks to Sub and I really enjoy those dreams. So vivid and real.

oh, oh and the other cool thing is, if I twitch at just the right time and in just the right fashion, my wife thinks I want to take a ride to the headboard and frankly that even beats the hell out of the dreams.

So in a rather different way, I have come to not mind my twitches.

Mike
Unread 10-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
SarahJane

so i guess subs have not effectted you libido then huh mike??? lol my hubbie cannot get within 20 feet of me.. no interest at all.. and of course i KNOW its the subs..lol

seriously christine.. i have been on it for 22 days and i get the jolts/twitches at night before i go to sleep.. not all the time but i do notice it.. they say it is sub related..

sarah
SarahJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
Chase

According to my boyfriend, I had spasms and twitches all night long last night. I did not wake up at all because of them, even though he says that I did. He was so worried that he had to stay up and watch me. It was scary to him. Has anybody have them last all night long?
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 06:39 AM   #5
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Chase, here's a thread that a lot of stuff on that subject:

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=12654

Might be worth a look.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 01:57 AM   #6
HumboldtGrown

Today, I didn't take subox for a while and my shivering felt like involuntary spasms. I always shiver anyway, but they were more pronounced without the subox.

I did get weird electical shock type side effects when I stopped taking Paxil in 2004. Was on it for 6 months and stopped after manic symptoms. It's a documented side effect of stopping SSRI's so I was aware and ready for it.

Just a thought, in case you are/were taking those.
HumboldtGrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #7
MicheleJ

I get them too. Not real bad, but my leg, arm, or even my head will just suddenly twich once or twice when I am laying in bed ready to fall alseap. I never had that happen before Sub, so IMO it has to be Sub. related. It is weird, but, it doesn't really bother me at all. It doesn't interfere with my ability to sleep.
Unread 03-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
Dgian920

I too twitch before falling asleep. Actually mine are more like Jerks than twitches. My arms, legs and body sometimes jerk so hard that it wakes my fiancĂ© up. I wouldn’t say it is suboxone related but more like opiate related. I had the same problem when I was I was in my addiction (drug of choice was prescription pain killers) and still have them on suboxone. Since suboxone is an opiate I am assuming the twitches/spasms are due to the opiate in it. Hopefully it is not too troublesome for you because Suboxone really is a great drug and helps tremendously with addiction. Keep your head up! Take care!!
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #9
Chase

I would twitch as well with my DOC, but only if I was coming down/withdrawing. My teeth would chatter as well as I was coming down, or withdrawing. They have been doing that as well a bit on Sub (makes sense, of course).
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
MarvinMonroe

I think everyone, regardless of whether they're on any medication has jerked like this while falling asleep. I can remember doing it as a little kid. But now that I'm on methadone it is a nightly occurance. It's weird, I was actually worried I might be coming down with Parkinson's disease
MarvinMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:05 AM   #11
happytobehere

This happens to me now that I am on Sub ... it always happened a little before, but now I really notice that it is more pronounced. It scares me.
happytobehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #12
ironman

Ha ! Just leaned back in my 'puter chair, closed my eyes for a few seconds and 'twitch' !! Almost fell asleep but/for the twitch.
ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #13
windilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinMonroe View Post
I think everyone, regardless of whether they're on any medication has jerked like this while falling asleep. I can remember doing it as a little kid. But now that I'm on methadone it is a nightly occurance. It's weird, I was actually worried I might be coming down with Parkinson's disease

I was/am freaking out on that too! But I was pointed to this discussion and see that it is not that uncommon. I would rather deal with some twitching than the hell I was going thru before suboxone. I am going to discuss it with my doctor to be on the safe side. I do pray it isn't anything permanent because that would not be fun.
windilee is offline   Reply With Quote