Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-02-2009, 03:16 AM   #1
william

i will be 12 years sober at the end of this mont and this has been the hardest year since getting sober.
william is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
CarlyO

Default Hi William Welcome to the Forum !

Hello William,

I am glad you found us and posted, though sorry you are having a rough time. ! 12 years is amazing, congrats. Though-it must feel hollow since you are having some difficulties.

Can you tell us a bit more about what is going on with you ?

Are you active in some form of support ? Are you having cravings, is it stress, life issues or all of the above ?
I remember someone telling me a long time ago, getting "sober" is easy compared to STAYING "sober" - I thought, nonsense ! But I found out the hard way, it was true in my case.

I once had close to 10 years, but my process was that I stopped doing what I needed to do for me: Meetings, therapy, avoiding friends, even went off ADs. I had always been around recovery through my job, most of my friends were in recovery. I thought I was ok. HA !
Then, I had medical issues, then a surgery, started off taking meds as prescribed, but not being vigilante about other areas in my life. My stress level was off the charts, then I cared for a parent with cancer who died and after that I lost all sense of what I needed to do , I basically gave up. The stage had been set so to speak.
I needed professional help, but insurance would not cover it, but as soon as I got the cash together I was medically detoxed, then I went to a 28 day program, because I knew I needed a jump start and to deal with my grief among other issues.

Anyway, I wish I had known about forums, medically assisted treatment options, I wish I had reached out sooner. Shame kept me from walking into the rooms and saying I NEED help ! So stupid on my part . But I accept that this was part of my journey, though, I hate what I put my family through, I went down far very fast so I believe it when they say you pick up where you left off, in less than a year, I was not well at all.

I share this because it maybe you can identify with something and believe me, if I could do it over, I would have paid attention to the warning signs - I would have screamed from the rooftops, Help ME figure out what to do.

Has anything changed or perhaps Not changed, boredom - complacency ? Is there something that will re-ignite that passion you probably had in the beginning?

I hope you will post - this is a very supportive and caring community.

Again, welcome, glad you are here ! take care, Carly : )
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to CarlyO For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-04-2009)
Unread 10-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
Crisco427

this is a good place for you to be. You are never alone here. I am grateful for all of the support I have received here, and I know that as you become more and more familiar, you will feel better too. PLEASE KEEP POSTING.
Welcome, Friend.
Crisco427 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Crisco427 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-06-2009)
Unread 10-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
R. Lee

Willaiam, keep posting & share some more of yourself. Post what you are going through.

Remember how far you have come in 12 years & don't drink. Alcohol is cunning baffleing & powerful. It is always waiting for you to give in. R. Lee
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-06-2009)
Unread 10-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Magda

william-
Welcome to the site. I am sorry to hear you have had a rough year,maybe when you are comfortable you could elaborate. Til then, keep your head up and know that there are people here that understand struggles in long term recovery.Take Care.
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Magda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #6
jerryg

William,

Read your post and wondering how goes it? Let us know how you are doing.
Hope you are well and feeling better.
All the best,
Jerry
jerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
CASEY

Hi William,

Congradulation's on 12-year's that is GREAT!!

Sometimes , some year's can be harder than other's! With the economy & stress

everbody is going through this year, it is a tough for alot of people.

Just Remember how far you have come, ( and you don't want to be that person you were 12-year's ago.)

Stay Strong , and be so " PROUD OF 12-YEAR'S !! THAT IS GREAT!! (:
Casey
CASEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
CASEY

Smile Everyone Feel's the Holiday Stress !!!

Hi William,

I hope you are doing well. With the Holiday's coming up , there is so much stress

put on everyone, so Believe me I understand how the Holiday's feel.

I Brace for the worst, that way if it is good - Then I don't have to feel like someone has made a fool of me. And you have to think , if it is too much of a strain to go to a certian person house, then go another time.

I have done that , so that I did not have to hear about his situation.
And it was so much more relaxing !

Good Luck!

And let us know how you are doing?

Casey

Last edited by CASEY; 11-14-2009 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: Spelling
CASEY is offline   Reply With Quote