Addiction Survivors

Unread 01-24-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
BC2008

Default Question, what do subutex pills look like?

I just noticed that the pills that are labeled subutex, are orange and hexagonel in shape. I just read that suboxone is orange and hexagonel and that subutex should be white or off white. I have not taken any yet but did the pharmacy screw up or are these correct? I thought the subutex were white but that may have changed. I just got tem from the pharmacy and should take them back if these are the wrong ones!
BC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
crice

Subutex is white off white and Suboxone is orange and hexagonel in shape. They have not changed the look of Subutex that I know of. So, if I am hearing you right. You have a prescription for subutex and they have you suboxone's which are orange like I stated before? If so you need to take the pills back and see what the pharmacy did. They might have by mistake gave you suboxone instead of subutex.
crice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #3
Connie

Yes you are correct. Subutex is a white, oblong-shaped pill. Suboxone is an orange, hexagonal-shaped pill. The pharmacy gave you suboxone instead of subutex. But you left the pharmacy with them so they may not take them back. But it IS their mistake so they should make an exception and allow you to exchange the suboxone for the subutex. If it were me I'd call immediately and explain the problem.

Good luck. Let us know what they say. I'd be interested to hear if they let you return them or not.

Connie
Connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2008, 12:17 AM   #4
BC2008

The pharmacy is pretty good to me. they once gave me two weeks of Oxy when my Dr got arrested. I do not think there will be a problem but will keep you all posted.
Unread 01-25-2008, 12:21 AM   #5
Suture

Subutex picture: http://www.drugs.com/pdr/images/pills/p05331b1.jpg
Suboxone picture: http://www.drugs.com/PDR/images/pills/p05331a6.jpg
Taking suboxone instead shouldn't matter at all.
S-
Suture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2008, 11:48 PM   #6
BC2008

Pharmacy was great, apologized profusely and were more than happy to make it rihjt. I guess there are potental legal ramifications etc which i would never take advantage. These people have been great to me!
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #7
Connie

Excellent BC!

I'm happy to hear that it all worked out. I've read some tales of woe here about sub patients and their pharmacists. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a stigma-free experience with their pharmacy. My experience has been like yours. I fill my script at an independent mom-and-pop type pharmacy and they've been respectful and considerate...ALWAYS! So I feel lucky and I will continue to fill all my scripts there. It's more than worth it for me to drive a few extra miles so I can be treated with dignity.

Good luck and keep us informed about your sub journey.

Connie

Connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
isabella07

I wanted to share a positive pharmacy experience- since I have had some not so good ones, in the past.
Yesterday, my husb, picked up his rx for sub., they had only 35 and would get him the rest next week. I was talking to him on the phone and I said did you check it, he said no- I said well - if I were you I would, lo and behold there were 10 pills, not 35- like he paid for. I told him to immediately call the pharm and drive straight back there. I worried that once he had walked out of the store - that was it, But the pharmacist apologized and gave him the rest. So, it is nice that they did not give him any grief over their mistake.
isabella07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #9
BC2008

I have also been shorted many times, they are always apologetic and are quick to make up the shortage......amazing!
Unread 01-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #10
crice

I though they triple counted narcotic pills. How could this mistake have happened? I will always count my pill in the pharmacy from know on. I guess everyone makes mistakes but you would think triple counting would solve that kind of mistake. I guess that wasn't being done at that pharmacy. Glad it all worked out for ya.KC
crice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #11
BC2008

Esabella07, Nice to know there are honest caring people out there in the world! I hope you are treated likewise in the future. you sound like you deserve it!!!