Addiction Survivors

Unread 12-20-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
suboxone sam

Default mail order suboxone

I just got my 3 month supply of suboxone today from express scripts/ it also has one refill. I found out that because suboxone is a CIII MEDICATION YOU CAN GET IT MAIL ORDER WITH ONE REFILL. MY COPAYS FOR A MONTHS SUPPLY IS 20 DOLLARS AND IF I USE MAIL ORDER ITS ONLY 35 DOLLARS FOR A 3 MONTH SUPPLY. MY PLAN ONLY ALLOWS FOR A MAXIMUM OF 24MG A DAY BUT YOU CAN GET A PRIOR APPROVAL TO GET UP TO 32MG A DAY.Since i only take 16mgs a day it all works out good, Does anyone get suboxone from canada now since it is now licensed there but made by a schering plough and its suboxone not the temgisic stuff.
Happy shopping and try mail order.
pb
suboxone sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 03:31 AM   #2
wendeelou

That's awesome!!!!
wendeelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
MyChelle

Pb - How did you get a 3 month supply from your doctor? I have to go every 2 weeks..
MyChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
lookingup

Is it possible to get the .2 Temgesic pills this way? It would be a great help to those in the lower stages of tapering.
lookingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
mikells43

temgesic is only ava overseas i beleive. also where did u get a 3 month supply? medco? i can get a script prob .. i prob would have to go in to my docs office every month to show a med count tho lol. and mychelle once u get up there in treatment time ur doc will let u go monthly. make sure u ask tho. if after 3 months clean they say no id find a new doc. how much do u pay to go every 2 weeks?
mikells43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
suboxone sam

the only way to get .2mg temgesic is to move to mexico and get a script from a doctor or go to a pharmacy and get them from a famacia, when i went to mexico i had no problem getting them. but i really hsve no use for such a low doss.
Paul
Unread 12-20-2007, 06:38 PM   #7
suboxone sam

any mail order program should be able to do this. I love mail order because you do not have to feel like a ex junkie at the drug store. i am sure its more on me then any of the pharmacy staff.
paul
Unread 12-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #8
jascade

How about this one- I haven't seen my sub dr since last Apr or May. He mails a prescription each month and this last one came with 3 refills which means I wouldn't have to contact him until after Feb!!
That is more than nine months with no contact!!
Susan
jascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 07:31 PM   #9
Stacey

Many doctors won't write controlleds of any sort to a mail-order pharmacy. There are lots of them--Medco, Express Rx, Caremark....they all do 90 day supply rx's but they all go through insurance. It would depend on your insurance carrier contract. If you don't have insurance for the sub, I don't think you can get it through these companies. Don't forget that the doctor would have to write the rx for that exact amount, which isn't a common thing.

Stacey
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 11:59 PM   #10
NancyB
Administrator

bump for estawon.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2007, 01:39 AM   #11
mikells43

any people that are paying for thier scripts out of pocket and can afford 1000 for a 3 month supply that is a great deal. thats 90 8mg subutex each month is what i was quoted for, suboxone is cheaper. u can get the deal thru www.tourofchampions.com its medco.com too thats the company. but if u can get ur doc to write u for 3 months its deff cheaper for out of pocket pts to get a 3 month supply.
mikells43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2007, 04:22 AM   #12
jimwestside

does the writing doctor hav to be a sub certtified doctor? could my pcp who knows me for 20 yrs write it even the he doesn't hav this special "X" number to write on scrip, ( brookes,now right aide stopped filling the scripts giving the above as the reason, than denying they EVER filled ANY for me in the past, i was on it a year almost, so they did probably filled 5 scripts b4 this stoppage in october) onlly his dea # , can't he write it off-scrip for pain??
jimwestside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2007, 05:06 PM   #13
WarmRose

"Does anyone get suboxone from canada now since it is now licensed there but made by a schering plough and its suboxone not the temgisic stuff."

It is currently not available in Canada. There is only 2 treatment centre's in Canada that have it. Just for inpatient care, as of yet.
The doctor;s here in Canada still need to be trained to issue it.
I am currently waiting.
If it doesn't come out soon, I will be bring my daughter and her boyfriend to the closest doctor in the US to get it.
Hurry Up Canada what is the matter with you??????
You could be saving alot of people's lives.

I am wishing everybody on this board the best of luck with their treatments, and Happy New Year
WarmRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #14
najohn

Welcome Warm Rose, and thank you.

Come on Canada, hurry up! In the mean time WarmRose, have your daughter and her boyfriend read all the vast information on this site to prepare them for recovery. They'll get a big head start, if they choose to use bupe treatment! And if not, for recovery from active addiction itself, the education is priceless!

John
najohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #15
WarmRose

najohn,

Thanks for the advice.
I have been reading a ton of information on Bup for the past 3 months.
I was in contact with Health Canada and a number of clinic's reguarding this medication here in Canada. Maybe it might be here in the Summer.
I came on this site about a month ago, and I have read all the vast information on this site. This site is so supportive, thanks to everyone on this board that really help each other out. It is so nice too see.
Last Friday I decided to put in an application for my daughter and her boyfriend for a Doctor close to us, but in the US. Within 3 hours I had 2 doctor's e-mail me, for my daughter and her bf to call. They phoned both, and decided to go with one of them. They made an appointment for today at 1 pm. 5 hours away from home. My husband took them this morning to their first appointment. They will be staying the night and coming home tomorrow. I can't wait to see how everything went with their appointment.
They are so excited about this medication, and not being sick anymore.
Wish them luck, they will be on this forum soon.
WarmRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #16
NancyB
Administrator

Hi WarmRose, Please do keep us updated on your daughter and her boyfriend. To go 5 hours, they're showing quite a commitment for treatment.

Congratulations to you all!
Nancy
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #17
najohn

WarmRose,

Good deal!
Please let us know, when you can, how they're doing? I'll bet you're going to sleep better now.

John
najohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #18
danny2

Hi posters,
OK,I am somewhat confused here.Say I have caremark I can get 3 months mailorder but only if my doctor writes it for 3?????
Im just trying to understand how this works sorry.
d2
danny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #19
Stacey

The mailorder pharmacies can only give out what the doctor writes as an amount. Just because your plan will pay for 90 day supply does not mean the doctor will write for it. Especially if they are scheduled drugs.

On the flip side, if the doctor writes for 90 days and your plan only pays for 30 days at a time, then the pharmacy CAN reduce the amount but they are NOT permitted to dispense more than the rx allows.

I work in FL and these are the laws here....they may be federal for all states, though.

Unread 01-05-2008, 05:33 AM   #20
danny2

Thanks for clarifying that ma'am.Much obliged.
d2
Unread 01-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #21
Stacey

Ma'am??....now I feel old....
Unread 01-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #22
danny2

oh no never meant that-just some old timey southern manners.
The name Stacey makes me think think cute blonde energetic not old at all.
d2
Unread 01-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #23
Stacey

Now you are talkin'!! You pretty much hit the nail on the head, Sir!