Addiction Survivors

Unread 05-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
fidola13

Default will pharmacy refill early

i have a 30 day supply but will the pharmacy fill the prescription if it is a few days early? i am going on vacation during the refill time and will run out of it on vacation unless i can get a weeks supply 4 days early. btw i use insurance for the sub. will i need to get authorization from my insurance too? now im very anxious about it. thank sara
fidola13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
RemissionRocks

i dont think it will be a problem. i always filled my scripts 4 or 5 days early because i had a huge fear of running out. would it be possible to take the paper script with you and fill it at a pharmacy in the city your traveling to?
RemissionRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hi sara, give the pharmacy a call and see what they say. That way you'll know if you need to get authorization from your insurance company. Or maybe they could fill what you'd need while you're away and pick up the rest when you get back if it's an insurance problem. But please give them a call, to set your mind at ease and find out what you'll need to do.
I hope you have a good vacation!
Nancy
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #4
fidola13

thanks- of course im worrying about this waaay ahead of time. im not going until memorial day weekend but my 30 day refill is may 28 and i will be in a very small town -provincetown- and i doubt that the only pharmacy in town carries bupe. but great idea will call pharmacy and get the real scoop instead of getting myself all worked up about it!! thank God for clear minds!! sara
fidola13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
NancyB
Administrator

Oh, Provincetown! How fun! Hopefully it'll be good weather, and not much traffic on the way there....

Nancy
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
teresa

how much does a prescription for 30mg a sub. a day cost?
teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #7
bdog

Teresa
I think you mean #30 suboxone.Pill cost vary in each pharmacy.I pay around 5.00 a pill for 8 mg suboxone.If I were you I would get the price from a few different pharmacies before I fill the script. Good luck on pricing!!
Peace..Bdog
bdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 01:33 PM   #8
dogmanketo

It depends on what state you are in. In most states you can fill class 3 drugs such as Suboxone 5-7 days early. However, It depends on your insurance company. Some insurance companies will not pay for your Rx until the 30 day supply runs out.

So if you want your script filled early you can pay cash and then the pharmacy can fill your Rx 5-7 days early. Your insurance company should reimburse you.
dogmanketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #9
teresa

do you know if my medicare will pay?
teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 03:57 AM   #10
gotoffmdone

What state do you live in? TN's medicaid pays for Sub and allows a 30 day supply to be filled every 27 days.

Do you mean medicare part D or medicaid
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote