Addiction Survivors

Unread 04-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
areed421

Default imodium for withdrawals?

is this true?

A lot of people use imodium (loperamide) to help ease the acute wd symptoms of the sub wds (or any other opioid). IMODIUM IS NOT JUST TAKEN TO REDUCE/ELIMINATE DIARRHEA . Imodium/loperamide was actually formulated with synthetic molecules similar to demerol which is a VERY powerful synthetic opioid
is it addictive? why is it OTC if so?
thanks,
areed421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
paula

Hey agreed, I posted this exact question right after you did. I tried to use the search feature for imodium but couldn't get it to work. I am going to get some to see if it will help me this weekend, I go to the Dr. on Monday.
Paula
paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
Edge81

Immodium OTC is slightly similar molecular structure to opioids I think but its not the same thing, you can't get high or even develop a tolerance I believe.. I've been taking prescription loperamide for several years due to IBS (not anymore though.. the sub stopped those problems too)... There is another drug starting with immo*** something and they only give it to you in the hospital and that you can develop a dependance to I believe..

I know someone else can provide better info than this but this is what I understood...
Edge81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #4
SpAcEdGeD

Yes Immodium ad can help with w/d symptoms When they were making that drug they were trying to develop a opiate that was non addictive but since it does not cross the blood brain barrier it does not work like a opiate. I believe if you look at the chemical structure of immodium and fentanyl they are almost the same, give or take a molecule or so
SpAcEdGeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2007, 01:27 AM   #5
RemissionRocks

god. i wouldnt touch immodium with a ten foot pole, especially because im on suboxone. i would probably be constipated for a year if i took them together!
RemissionRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #6
MakHit

I'm taking about 5 immodiums a day these last few days haha. I'm still off sub these last few days and that's why they are saving my a$$ *haha literally*

Immodium and clonodine are like god on earth right now.
MakHit is offline   Reply With Quote