Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-18-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
bam55

Default Where do they all go?

Having now been hanging out here about six weeks it seems a large number of people come in pumped up and ready to rock and then dissapear.Where do they go? Are there any stats that this site keeps on number of regestered members that stay around and for how long on average?Are there many more readers than posters?I understand the people who either zero out or deciede on a longer term maintenence plan and then go on with their lives but what about the ones who show up and a couple of days later their gone?Have the last six weeks been typical in this regard?I can think of many just since I have been around.
Tim/Nancy any stats on this?Are you able to see if someone is still around but just not posting?
Bill
bam55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
snipes

Bill.....

You could go to the Members link above under Bupre. Treatment Forum.... As you can see when you look, there is MANY MANY members with 1 or 0 posts... I like to think that some of them just read posts. Im sure that isnt the case with them all. People come and go often... They ask there question... and move on. Its just part of this process Bill.... Its common in my eyes.
snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2006, 12:53 PM   #3
bam55

Snipes Thanks.I never checked that part of this site before.That clears up my question.
bam55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2006, 12:57 PM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Bill, We don't keep stats, but we do know that there are many more people who read than post. Lately we've been averaging around 2,500 visitors a day, just to give you an idea of how many are visiting.

I'm glad you're around and still posting even though you're at 0! Thank you!
(You too Tim. boing.)

Nancy
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Caroline

I don't think this is a 'problem'. People (not only to include people with addictions...because it could be a family member or friend) may want some answers and have found them here. I have had a number of patients tell me that they have been on the internet trying to find treatment options for themselves or others and have come to the conclusion that Suboxone is the most beneficial. But, this site also helps those who are trying to understand addiction (family and friends). It is difficult for family to accept drug addiction. Like, it just doesn't happen...not to US! But it does. The best thing now is that if and when it happens there is help...but for only 30 people at a time.

Caroline

Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 01:25 AM   #6
zzzzz

I expect many are like myself. We check in, (in my case most every day) read some posts, and go about our day. There are a lot of folks who do a better job than I could in giving advice but now and again I might throw my two cents in.
I hope most of the other lurkers feel like I do. I feel like I am among friends here.
Darrell
zzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 01:38 AM   #7
Caroline

Darrell, thanks for being here. If you're lucky, in Las Vegas your 2 cents could be worth a million. But here your 2 cents is worth much more. You ARE amongst friends.
Caroline
Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #8
MrMDaley

Hello All,
I log on top this site everyday and stay logged on all day long. I am at work at least 10-12 hours per day and I work on a computer so I read every post and sometimes respond. All of you have so much support, information, and love to give, one could stay on this site 24/7.
Sincerely,
Matthew
MrMDaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
snipes

Matthew.....
Thanks for sharing that... We are happy to have you!

I think this is the case for the people that you think "come and go". Many people read the posts and contribute here and there. The point is to give hope to people and help educate them about sub treatment, and if they only read and never post, I dont mind. Many times listening will get you farther then talking anyways. For everyone that reads the posts on a daily basis, You are among friends and we are very happy to have you!

Thanks....
Tim
Unread 11-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #10
OhioMike

Tim ......... if I don't post multiple times per day, all day long, I get the chills, sweats the runs and so on, I go into W/D.

I guess NAABT is my DOC. I wonder if they have a treatment plan for that?

Mike
OhioMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 09:58 PM   #11
Stacey

When I first began Sub in March '06, I was an avid reader and poster.

I put myself in treatment and quit working for almost three months---during that time, I was always on the board looking for answers and help and friendship. Nobody knows what we are going through but the people here do. I have never actually met anyone who is on sub---have you??? It can be a very lonely place at times. HOWEVER---this board opened up a whole world of people just like me. It was my lifesaver, therapy and friendships all at the same time. I say this in past tense because it is the case for me. If you had told me back in April or May that I would be here infrequently, I would not have believed it. This was my life force. BUT times are changing back to normal...(and I use that term loosely...) and that is the way I think it's meant to be.

I'm back at work now (6 months) and have returned to a life not driven by drug seeking. I consider myslelf clean and sober but that point if often argued here. It's a matter of opinion, neither right or wrong. I'm still taking sub .25 to .5 daily and on a rare occasion, I'll take 1mg.

I'm no longer scared, anxious, lonely, confused, tapering (or increasing) and that says a lot. This board really works--it can be and is a lifesaver. I found sub here and in turn found my life again. I'm lucky I am not dead. I'm sure we all probably are. My parents ask me from time to time if I'm doing OK or do I have any cravings and interstingly enough, I get annoyed at this. I really don't want to look back too much. It's not denial but I think I have put it all behind me.

I can't comment on where everyone goes, but just thought I would post what my scenerio is. I do read from time to time but that's about it. I can't keep up anymore--it's a full time job and I already have at least one of those!!

Hope everyone is well. Please know that all of you have changed my life for the better. I hope the same peace comes into your lives as well.

Stacey
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2006, 02:06 PM   #12
Mary

Hey Stace! That's what I like to hear (or read as the case may be here). I'm really happy and proud of you, woman! Big beam hug! -Mary
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #13
gwen

hello all, i see some familiar 'faces' and a lot of new ones. i guess i'm one of those who have tapered off and don't post much any more. well, actually not since the early winter. i successfully tapered off in may, going down to .5 alternating days and then stretching it out and just off. i had some discomfort, but nothing that i would say horrible. a little insomnia, stomach ills, restless legs. i took clonidine for a day or two, lunesta for a week. other than that, not much to write home about. i had a family member fall quite ill, thankfully he's in remission from cancer now, and i had just a fleeting thought or two about how it would be nice to 'get away', but the thoughts of reason came quickly and i soon realized that i would never want to put either myself or my loving family through that again.

mary! sweetie, i see you've been successful also, and still sending your glorious beams. i hope my heidi is doing fantastic - i see she hasn't posted in quite some time either. caroline, spanky, connie, judy & tony, dodo, and so many others who were part of my life for so many months. i think of you all often and wish you all here the very best this holiday season and always. may your lives be happy and unburdened. peace- gwen
gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #14
snipes

gwen.....

Good to hear from you. I apperciate the update! Its good to hear that you tapered off and have been straight ever since. That sure gives me hope... and others!

-Tim
Unread 12-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #15
NancyB
Administrator

Hi gwen! Thanks for checking in with us! So glad to hear you're doing well and your family member's cancer is in remission. Check back now and again if you have time.
My best to you and yours.

Nancy
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #16
Mary

Hey gwen! Long time no hear from. Very cool very cool about no problem for you too! Sorry to hear about your family member, but good it's under control. Yeah, haven't heard from heidi in quite some time. Last she posted she was doing well. Big beams to you and your family my long-lost friend. Stop by again, missed you. -Mary
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #17
Connie

Hey Gwen,

Wow...a blast from the past! Congratulations on your successful taper down and off! Another success story. It's great to hear from you.

I'm sorry to hear of your sick family member...hopefully the remission will hold and he'll be back in the game soon.

If you get the chance, stop back and give us a more detailed account of your taper. I'm collecting success stories to bolster my own taper attempt so the more the better! I know this is a busy time and you might not get the chance to do it now but any time you can squeeze us in would be good.

And "right back atcha" with the holiday wishes!

Connie
Connie is offline   Reply With Quote