Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
bam55

Default Quick taper update

Here is where I am on my program,thanks for everyones support.
Day 19 - 2mg
Day20 - 1mg
Day21 - 1mg
Day22 - 1mg
Day23 - 1mg
Day24 - .5 today 11/2/06 ( thanks to you Brett. I was going to skip a day and and do 1mg every other,my doctor agreed this may be better.I will be done in 7 days of .5.
So far no discomfort,no urges,clarity of mind I have not felt in years.
Bill
bam55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
Brett

Bill,
That is great news! Dont get in a rush, this isnt a race, take your time at .5mg. make sure you are comfortable before you jump, after you stablize on .5mg the best thing to do is start streching out the time between doses, if you are at .5mg every 24 hours go to .5mg every 30 hours then 36 then 48 hours, If you do this it will help, just remember the sub you took 3-4 days ago is still in your system, Take your time at .5mg
Im pullin for ya buddie

Brett
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
ready2quit

good Job Bam

Nate
ready2quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
Brett

Bill,

If you dont mind sharing, I'd like to know what you were addicted to, how long and how much per day.
I really hope you will stick around here after you taper off, and tell us how you are feeling, it will help many, and remember when you help others you help your own recovery,

Brett
Unread 11-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
bam55

Brett
At the risk of being redundant I was addicted to oxicontin and percs. Percs up to 8 per day,every day, for 7 years,although I used on and off before daily, years and years before daily.That is why Benyitz3 story really got to me,he is where I once was and will end up where I ended up.That whole "party" thing is so much bull.I then switched to o.c.s for about 6 months up to2+ 80"s snorted per day.
I will stick around,I know it helps me and hopefully others.
Bill
Unread 11-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
josie

Is it possible for someone to just be dependent and not actually be addicted when using for so many years? It seems that usually with addiction a person's drug use escalates, but yours apparently did not significantly increase or am I misunderstanding? I had thought that tolerance builds up and that is why useage increases dramatically?
I am just wondering if your particular pattern of use has anything to do with your ability to taper so quickly without much apparent discomfort?

Hopefully someone will have some insight on these questions.
~josie
josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #7
Brett

It is very possible and thousands of people are just dependant on opiates, no matter how little or how much, addiction is a behavier. Tolerance builds in dependant and addiction patients.

Brett
Unread 11-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #8
JAT

bam55:

You are blowing me out of the water!!

As of today, I'm at 1.00 mg. I'm moving down at .25 mg. every 2 or 3 days and it hurts all the way down. But the wonderful part is how my body is starting to work normal again. Just not having constipation is the greatest joy. Man, I'm so eager to finish this but I've gotta keep my enthusiasm under control lest I drop too fast and cause some nasty WD's.

Good luck to you, buddy.

Best Regards,
John
JAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #9
bam55

Josie
I do not know the answer to your question but I can tell you that my use did escalate,although slower than many or most that I now have read stories about on this forum.When I started using oc's I saw it rise quickly and between use,in as little as 12 hours I began to fell very sick.I was experiencing what I now know,and really knew then,severe withdrawls.Stomach was a mess,no way to sleep,whole body ached,nasal prblems and watering eyes to an extreme.I could not WAIT to use again.I tried to taper with my doc but as soon as I used a little and got any kind of buzz I would throw the taper idea out the window and use all I could get my hands on and kid myself that I would deal with it later.
Jat I am not blowing you away.We are on different schedules to the same place.I realize, and many here have pointed out,that this is not a race.You and I need to stay in touch and a month and a year and ten years from today we need to be in the same place.Agree?
Bill
Unread 11-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #10
JAT

Quote:
quote:Jat I am not blowing you away.We are on different schedules to the same place.I realize, and many here have pointed out,that this is not a race.You and I need to stay in touch and a month and a year and ten years from today we need to be in the same place.Agree?
Bill
Damn you, Bill, this is a race!! I need to win!! []

Of course, just kidding and I agree with you.

Best Regards,
John
JAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 04:35 PM   #11
Billyzack

Your story is what I like to hear. There are so many posts that make you never want to stop. I am in just about your situation, been on for 35 days, am down to 2 mgs, gonna stay here for 4 or 5 more and then I will follow your steps, I'll stay on the .5 until I can take it every other day comfortably and then jump off. Thanks for the positive story, I will let you how I do. Zacky
Billyzack is offline   Reply With Quote