Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-27-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
bam55

Default First Timer Taper

Here's my story.
Seven+ year oxy addict.
First three years 2-3 per day once a day every day.
Year four 3-4 a day every day.
Year five-seven 5-8 per day 3 in am 4 in pm
Last 6 months discover oxycontin(oh boy!)
First couple of months snorting a 40 o.c. twice a day
Next couple of months an 80 and a 40
Last month 2x 80 per day
Obviously the last 6 months I have lost all control and am getting in big time trouble,as if I was'nt already.
For years I used daily but did not increase dose which was my version of being in control.I loved the buzz,I had no pain issues.The switch to oxycontin from percs was cheaper,for about a freaking week.The buzz was back like the old days,for about a freaking month.Then,as we all know,I was just fighting withdrawls between use dope sick most of the time,just barley o.k.the rest of the day.
I never heard of Suboxone.Complete denial that I was an addict.No one knew I used,not my wife,not my friends,only the one person that supplied me.Finally I realized I was in deep trouble.I goggeled "oxicontin" for the first time."what's this suboxion stuff?" I researched obsessivly the next few days.Read everything I cuold find,which as you all know is a lot.I feel like I have known some of you for years now because some of you have been posting that long.
Do I actually see some hope out there? The information is contradictury as heck.Pro-sub,anti-sub,scarry,and everywhere inbetween.I am at wits end so what the heck, I make an appointment with a Suboxone doctor I find on the locator page.Dumb luck I find a doctor that has been involved with sub from the beginning.Years of experience,really knows his stuff,or so it seems so far.
I make an appointment,he tells me to not use for 36 hours before we meet.I feel like,well you all know how bad I feel,I am in pretty significant withdrawls at that point.We talk for awhile,he gives me 2mg.of sub/liquid form and 20 minutes later I feel the best I have felt in 5 years.I am way beyond amazed.It feels like a million pound weight has been lifted off my back.I have HOPE for the first time in years.Amoung a million regrets high on the list is why did'nt I know about this way sooner? I was not looking for one reason and I just was'nt ready yet because I am an addict after all.
Anyway here is my experience to date.
Day one 10 mg sub
Day two 10mg
Day three 8mg
Day four 8mg
Day four 8mg
Day five 8mg
I have never felt better in my life at this point.Not high,not sick,no urge to use,in fact the opposite the thought makes me sick.I sleep better than I have in years,I eat better than in years.But there is still a lot of scary stuff out here telling me it is not going to last but damn it feels good right now.I spent a lot of time and money the last 7 years to feel a lot worse so what the heck I'll see where this goes.What's the alternative?
Day six 6mg
Day seven 6mg
Day eight 6mg
Day nine 5mg
Day ten 5mg
Day eleven 5mg
Day twelve 4mg
Day thirteen 4mg
DAY fourteen 4mg
Day fifteen 3mg
Day sixteen 3mg
Day seventeen 2mg
Day eighteen(today 10/27/06) 2mg

Everything I have been told by my doctor has been right on so far.I know it will be tougher from here.I understand the 1/2 life thing.It is to good to be true right? I am going to blow up any minute right?My life has changed more in two weeks than is belivable.
I told my wife I have been lying to her by omission for 7+ years.I have no right to expect anything other than "see ya".But no she loves me,she will help me.I am the most lucky addict in the world,so far.I know there is a looong way to go.Honestly I have not had one minute of discomfort so far.I will be a test case in rapid tapering.The plan is to drop to one mg in a few days,then every other day for a few and then JUMP!
I owe everyone on these sites more than can be expressed.I promise I will follow up and post the rest of my story.
As you can see I spell poorly,I type slower than a first grader so I will not post daily and frankly I need to keep a positive vibe going and with all due respect I do not need to hear how I am going to crash by people who have had a different experience.I will check back to post the rest in a couple of weeks.
To the people who have found themselves in the nightmare of addiction due to illness,pain and stupid doctors,you are victims and really do not deserve this crap.My story,and fess up fellow chase the buzz addicts,we have no one to blame but ourselves.Maybe this tool of Suboxone is our lucky break. Good luck fellow travelers,see ya.
bam55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #2
brchad

Bam55

I really enjoyed your story! It reads somewhat similar to mine. Sub has been a God-send for me. My taper is a little slower than yours. The beginning was just like yours...dropping from 16mg in two days or so, down to 8mg and then to 4mg only a couple of months later. For me, the drops to 2mg were super easy. The drop from 2mg to 1mg was a little harder. From 1mg down is where it has been a challenge for me. I have currently been on 0.5mg for about 3 weeks. If you are interested, you can follow my taper on Brett's topic "Tapering...Share Your Experience." Good luck. No two people will have the same experience I don't think. From what I have learned, taking it slow and easy seems to be the best bet....but who know's....that's just my experience. Your's can be totally different.
brchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
bam55

Thank you brchad.I have read everything you have posted and it has been very helpfull.I know we are all different so I cross my fingers and hope the best for all of us.
Unread 10-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #4
snipes

bam,
Im so happy to hear that your life is turning around for you. It is amazing how fast our lives can go from crap to a beautiful thing. Im very interested in your fast pased taper. Did you choose to move this fast with your taper drops? Let us know how your doing step by step... its interesting to me... Good luck.. and I wish you the best!

Tim
snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 03:18 PM   #5
kirk

bam55-
couldn't be happier for you. in the scheme of things, i think you confronted your addiction relatively early and with a tool only recently become available; otherwise a slower taper might have been a necessity. kudos to your physician too...seems to be a wise man.
kirk
kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #6
Bassdad

Hi Bam55,
Welcome to NAABT. Were you taking Oxycontin or Oxycodone?

Thank You, Bassdad
Bassdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 03:47 PM   #7
snipes

Bass,
I think in the beginning he said he was taking oxycodones... witch then switched to snorting oxycontins.... I belieave he says it all above...

Tim
Unread 10-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #8
Bassdad

Hey Tim,
Thank you Bud. After re-reading his story, I see what I missed the first time.Thanx again....

Bassdad
Unread 10-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #9
snipes

Bass,
No Problem, man. Thats what I'm here for!

Tim
Unread 10-27-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
bam55

Snipes I am droping "fast" because I did not know anything different until I read more of other peoples experiences and I am just following the schedule that my doctor laid out.He tells me that this is the protocal he always tries to begin with regadless of how long or how much someone has used.Obviously that assummes a significant addiction is what he is looking at.
Kirk I realize now in the scheme of things my addiction is relativly short term.I would never had known that a couple of weeks ago.It seemed to me that I was using an awful lot for an awful long time,7+ years but after reading others experiences I realize that is not true.Not that it means I have not been a full blown addict for way too long.
Bassdad I used percs 5mg,chewed,up until 6 or so months ago then oxycontin,snorted.
Not that it matters but I am a 54 year old middle class,white collar suburban dad with 2 young kids.Part of the "hidden" class of addicts.No one and I mean no one(except my supplier),knew I used.My supplier,by the way,has a "legal script" for 80x80o.c,80x40o.c,80xpercs,and 80xvalium per month and has for years.Can you say quack loud enough?This person has no real medical issues and could not use that much if they tried.I guess that is not completely true having now read some of the stories out there but it is an amazing amount.
Unread 10-27-2006, 05:26 PM   #11
Bassdad

Bamm55,
Thank you.....It's amazing how many doctors will write scripts just to get paid. I mean, come on, lots of people have nothing wrong with them and they are becoming addicted to these "HARD" narcotics needlessly.I don't know what some doctors are thinking, maybe they are not thinking at all, that's a real problem today.We are witnessing a huge epidemic in this country due to drug addiction. I am glad I am not part of the problem anymore.

Later, Bassdad
Unread 10-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #12
JAT

Bamm55:

That's a fantastic story!! I'm happy for your incredible success. That is truly inspiring.

Would you please answer some questions? What about the liquid Suboxone the doctor gave you? What was that stuff? Is it something available by prescription? I'm sorry but I've just never heard of Suboxone available in liquid form. It sounds fantastic and it really worked for you. Bravo!!

Also, if you felt great at 2 mg., why did you then continue your treatment beginning at 10 mg.?

Your story has arrived at a crucial point in my Sub. treatment, so you've just injected me with enthusiasm and hope for my what I pray are my last days in this treatment.

Lastly, are you having any kind of abnormal symptoms, at all? By that I mean, any anxiety, apetite issues, sleep issues, etc.?

Again, well done and God bless.

Best Regards,
John
JAT
JAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 06:18 PM   #13
bam55

Jat My doctor had the latest sub offered by the manufacture which he only uses in his office at induction.That was the only time I used the liquid.He gave me a 4mg 1/2 tab within an hour after and then told me to use the other half in the pm.I was only spliting the dose until I droped to 4mg then I went to once a day.I have had NO abnormal symptoms at all,zero.I am somewhat guilty and frightend to say that because I know others have had very different experiences and maybe I am on borrowed time.I will let you know but so far I can not even bitch a little.
Unread 10-27-2006, 07:41 PM   #14
JAT

Bam55:

Sounds wonderful. Heck, don't feel guilty. This is your life and your treatment. And, it doesn't sound like you're on borrowed time at all.

I'm wondering, what has been your "signal" to drop your dosage? Do you have a set plan as to when you plan to be off the Sub. treatment completely?

Best Regards,
John
JAT
Unread 10-27-2006, 08:41 PM   #15
bam55

John
Thank you for the kind words.I have droped on a pre-set schedule provided by my doctor,I really have not thought about it at all,I just do what he has laid out and have not tried to gague how I feel other than to see if I have any withdrawl symptons,which I would know too well,and so far I have felt great and have felt no need to change his plan.I will be droping to 1mg in a few days and then 1mg every other day with-in just a few more and then jump,with-in another 10 days from now.
Unread 10-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #16
JAT

bam55, excellent!!

Man, I envy your progress!! Keep up the great work. I wouldn't change a thing, bro.

Please keep us updated.

Best Regards,
John
JAT
Unread 10-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #17
Mike

Bam55,
I think your doctor is wise to try a fast taper first. Why do a long treatment if a short one will work? I hope he also allows for a longer treatment if the short plan doesn't work out.

I tried both and for me short didn't work, not to say it won't for you. I wish you much better success. I could always get out to about two to three weeks, then I would give in, just once, then a few days later more, eventually I was back at it. I was taking 10-20 bags of heroin/day and would just stop cold turkey, suffer for a week bad, (like curled up on the floor, in the fetal position puking on myself for days) then slowly come out of it, but eventually despite meetings and everything else I tried, I would eventually go back.

The last 3 years I was addicted to heroin I spent more time in withdrawal then not. I was constantly trying to quit. It's not the acute withdrawal, I could deal with that, it was the nagging depression, lack of energy, aches and pains, and insomnia that I would eventually give in to, not because they were so bad but because everyday I would care less and less, until I felt what's the difference many here will relate. What I learned was the things I was feeling was from changes made in my brain over the course of my addiction. These changes would take many months even years to get back to normal and until then I would not feel 100%. Again, I'm not saying this is your fate, I hope not, but a back up plan is a prudent idea, especially if what I experienced becomes familiar. I eventually did a long term plan (3 years) and that worked for me, we are all different.

What I'm saying is if this doesn't work out, and I hope it does and it probably will, but if it doesn't, don't feel like you have failed or feel guilty. It would just mean a longer treatment might be needed and learning that puts that much closer.

Congratulations and I wish you the very best!!
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 10:18 PM   #18
angel

bam, good luck to you. I wish you great success with this treatment. Angel
angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 12:53 AM   #19
glimmertwin

Bam -

I loved your story. I was on the pills for 7 years, also. I never cared for oxy, it just didn't seem as strong to me as the hydrocodone. But, at the time I surrendered, I was taking 250 - 300mgs Norco a day. And my doctor loved writing scripts, too. He was treating my depression with hydrocodone. That's not how I started out on it, I had an injury in 1997, but it didn't take long for me to realize that it does treat depression.

And that is why I am still on sub. I have been since March 2005. I take 16mgs a day, I've gone down as low as 8mgs, but the depression came back, so I'll remain at 16, for as long as I want.

I do hope the fast taper works well for you. Good luck!

Sheryl
glimmertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #20
bam55

Sheryl You sound like one of the people who got tied up in the web of addiction that really did not deserve it.You were self medicateing for depression and the hydro's were really not the way to go but before you realized it they had you.I do not have that excuse I just wanted to get high.I tried every drug known to man over the years and never developed any dependency until oxy got me.
I will say that if I need to stay on some dose of sub to not use oxy again I will.I really see no reason for someone like you who sub works for treating depresson wittout using that f#@$ing hydro.
I am trying to go to zero with sub but this is still very new to me and if I need to use sub as a medicine to stay away from oxy I will.
Mike I appreciate your observation and I do have a back up plan and my doctor will hang with me whatever it takes.He is not looking to drop me to make more room in his 30 patient limit.What a STUPID restiction.I would like to hear one good reason for that position.I can think of 1000's of reasons it is stupid.
I will let you all know how the rest of my taper goes.
Should I post a new thread to follow up with the taper or continue to use this one?
Bill
Unread 10-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #21
snipes

Bill,
I agree with you. If I have to take a small dose of sub to stay away from killers... I will. Its not something I want to have to do for the rest of my life... but I will do it until I feel I have to.... and if it takes my whole life... then I'll do that. Today, my goal is just to live life to the fullest and without painkillers.... and one day at a time I am accomplishing that... Everyone have a beautiful day...

Tim
Unread 10-29-2006, 12:15 PM   #22
ready2quit

Snipes,

Are you reading my mind again.

Nate
ready2quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #23
snipes

Nate,
I know, tell me about it. You and me are like eye to eye. LOL. You gonna be in chat tonight? If so, I'll talk to ya later...

Tim
Unread 10-29-2006, 03:16 PM   #24
JAT

Bill, keep up your progress on this thread. I think people need to see how you started and how your progressed to the end. Good luck on your magnificent progress.

Best Regards,
John
Unread 10-29-2006, 03:19 PM   #25
ready2quit

See you, I mean talk to you tonite.

Nate
ready2quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 04:20 PM   #26
Brett

barn55,

I dont want to sound negitive here but I feel I have something to share, You spent alot of years getting and living a life of addiction, I dont beleive this can be healed in a short detox with bupe or any other medicine, Addiction changes the brain and it takes time to heal. I feel a long slow taper is best, Im not saying what your are doing is impossible, it is possible. I think you will need to be involved in a support group now and after you are done with sub treatment.The damamge done to the brain from opiate addiction just doesnt heal in a few months, after you are off sub in a few weeks is when you will be at risk for relaspe, thats why tharapy is important.
I guess what im tryin to say is when you finish the sub treatment in a couple weeks it doesnt end there, I hope your doctor will be open to giving you more time if you need it.
You have done excellent so far and I dont want to discourage you, I just want you to know if it was as easy as doing a 6 week detox and walking away we would all do that. The truth is it takes a long time to heal, especially those with years of abuse. I hope you will stick around and let us know how it goes from here on out.

Brett
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #27
gotoffmdone

All I can say is I am jealous. My METHADONE habit has precluded me from having the great experience with Sub that you and so many others have reported right from the start. You have no idea how I was hoping for what you have described. I really am happy for you and everyone else for whom sub as been a vast success. I felt that way for the first month or so on methadone and thought I had found Pandor's Box. But it did not take long for the worst of the worst of the opiates to manifest itself as just another opiate to be ADDICTED to and not just dependent upon.

I am still pissed about my decision to go on that legally prescribed street drug.

Wayne
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #28
Brett

Wayne,

When I first got on sub I use to bash methadone also, but ive learned it is a tool for many just like sub is, without methadone many would be living a life of addiction, unfortunitly you and I abused methadone.

Brett
Unread 10-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #29
Mary

Hey bam55! I wish you much success in your taper. If you have any questions, I've been off since June, a longer gig than yours, but maybe I can help anyways. -Mary
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #30
bam55

Thank You everyone for the support and insights.I will follow up on my progress soon.
Bill
Unread 10-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #31
bam55

Brett
I have read many of your posts and appreciate your knowledge and insights.Your point is well taken.
I look at this forum and dialog as a significant support group,I hope I am not kidding myself in that regard.
My wife knew nothing of my addiction until last week.She now does.She is supporting me BUT she will not be so inclined to observe a relapse with the same view.She is now in controll of 100% of our finances,which is a huge change.I have zero friends or associates that use.Other than the person who supplied my doc,who I have burned the bridge with completly,I hang with no one or even know anyone who uses.Even if I was so inclined to reconnect with my supplier I have no cash,and certainly no credit,to resume using.Even more so than seeking sub treatment I jumped off the addiction cliff with no parachute when I came clean with my wife.
I know many would say that I have little chance for continued sobrity without the involvement of na or other such 12 step programs.I also know that there is an answer to every objection one would have to such programs by proponents of such programs who have been saved by them.With all due respect I am not interested in that debate.
In addition to being a test case in rapid tapering I will be another test in alternate approaches to sobriety.
I am no better than any addict but we all are different and I choose to try this another way.I will continue to post and follow up with my short and long term experience.
I write these posts because I think they help me and hopefully it can help others.I can not tell you how much I wanted to hear others experiences when I was just reading this and other forums before I decieded to seek treatment.I sure hope it does not come across as braging that I am having to now an extremly positive experience with suboxone.I am just excited and hope others can share the hope that seeking treatment can provide.
I have tapered to 1mg these last three days and still feel great,if possible even better than the last few weeks. A few more days at 1 then 1 every other day for a week or so then zero.I will let you know how it goes.
Bill

Unread 10-30-2006, 06:28 PM   #32
snipes

Bill,
wooo! im happy everything is going real smooth for you! It gives me some hope for when my time comes to taper down. I too find this site a huge TOOL in my recovery. I dont know where I would be without this site and suboxone. Im happy your doing so good and let us know how everything is going... good luck...

Tim
Unread 10-30-2006, 06:50 PM   #33
Brett

Bill,

Just a suggestion, you may want to try .5mg before you jump off, it may help with the landing, im really pullin for ya, stick around here with us, you will need our support and we need you, good luck my friend

Brett
Unread 10-31-2006, 06:15 PM   #34
bam55

I have a correction to make regarding my induction that I spoke of earlier.The 2mg of liquid that my doctor gave me was bupe not Suboxion.He no longer does that because it violates an agreement he has with the Suboxone people to use suboxone which is a copyrighted drug.The reason he used it was that the liquid provided a very rapid relief which got peoples attention and then they would be more open to listening to and beleiving in the treatment that was being offered.Sounds reasonable to me but I guess there is a problem with doing that so he will no longer offer that protocal .I just found this out from my doctor and I had responded to a question frm JAT with incorrect information.
Bill
Unread 10-31-2006, 06:38 PM   #35
JAT

Bill,

Thanks for correcting that info but I'm sad to hear your doctor won't using that protocol any longer. Heck, if it worked, why not? As long as he's not violating any laws and he's licensed to do it, more power to him.

Best Regards,
John
Unread 10-31-2006, 06:50 PM   #36
bam55

Jat
He was violating an agreement with the manufacturer of Suboxone somehow.He was a little concerned when I told him I had mentioned here that I was given the liquid.He no longer will for that reason but it really has no impact on the success of the treatment.He was actually involved with the clinical trials getting FDA approval of Suboxone and really knows his stuff.He only treated addicts for over 3 years,no other patients.Litteraly thousands of people.No 6 hour course here.I really lucked out that I choose him for treatment,or so it seems so far.Just knowing he has been there done that and seen so much gives me confidence and as we all know a lot of all of this is in our heads.
Bill
Unread 10-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #37
josie

Quote:
quote:[i]Originally posted by bam
as we all know a lot of all of this is in our heads.
Bill
Which part of addiction?
josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 10:21 PM   #38
bam55

Josie
Certainly not the physical but a lot of the recovery process.In my admitedly modest,novice opinion.My understanding is once the physical addiction is dealt with the recovery process is 100% mental,am I mistaken? I defer to others on this board who are more qualified to discuss the issue.
Bill

Unread 11-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #39
josie

I was waiting for someone to respond to this question. I think that we do need to be careful not to perpetuate stereotypical attitudes towards the disease of addiction. Here is a good link that explains the science of addiction:
http://www.naabt.org/education/modern_philosophy.cfm

I am still learning each and every day.
~josie
josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #40
doped_down

Bam55,

You are an inspiration! We have similar stories, although I chose IV for my oxycontin delivery. I read another post by you on another thread which brought me here. In that post I think you stated to follow what your body is saying, which is what I had done and I started rapid detox (my only other post has those details). It's good to see that it is a clinically viable treatment. Like you I have used everything and walked away until the opiates and most especially oxycontin.

I want to post more and will later. The excitement of reading your episode made me want to get that of my chest in a hurry though.

doped_down is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #41
bam55

Hello D D
You have read my first post so you might want to read my second it is "rapid taper update".I really can not say that I followed what my body said.I followed my Doctors program and I have felt great doing so but I did not try and analyze my feelings much.I know many do here but so far this has worked for me.I am now at 0mg,as of today, so obviously the coming days will really tell the tail.I will follow up for better or worse.I admit I am nervous about the coming days.Good luck to you.
Bill
Unread 11-09-2006, 09:15 PM   #42
brchad

bam55,

Just want you to know that I am rooting for you and I'm not far behind you either....so I have a real interest in following your progress. Today was a 0.25mg day for me and at this point (6pm) I am feeling okay. Wish you luck. Please keep posting.
brchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 11:23 PM   #43
bam55

brchad
Glad to hear you are doing well at.25mg.We are on similar paths from this point.So far so good for me,altough I only slept 5 hours last night,which is not that unusual for me except the last month on sub I slept better7-8 hours per night.I feel fine with only 5 hours today but too many nights in a row will take a toll.I will be in touch.
Bill
Unread 11-10-2006, 03:49 AM   #44
doped_down

Bam55,

Good luck to you too. You appear to be the pioneer of rapid detox in these posts and one of the few who has actually reached 0mg. I did read your second update after learning how to navigate this forum.

Sometimes one makes their own luck: like when I navigated to this forum and found your story or you hearing about Sub and following up on the internet...Maybe we all miss our old lives enough to make an effort to find a semblence of the lost clarity in our futures.

I have no doubts for you in the short term because you have a devoted wife who will stand by you. Your support system is one of the best life has to offer. In the long run, as long as you keep your trust with her, she will not let you relapse.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself there, I hope not, so I'll say no more...

I've been asked to tell my story, so I'm going to work on that for a while.

There may be someone more curious about your next few days, if so, I'm a close second. Thanks again for sharing your report.

Unread 11-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #45
bam55

D D Thanks for the good vibe.I just read your story and am really pulling for you to take advantage of this chance you have to put all that crap behind.Your x wife sounds like my x.Keep in mind that there are women out there that are more than worthy of your trust.I hope you get right and find one.
I would suggest that you read the Mary and Ros taper posts.They, amoung others have gotten to zero.Keep in mind many people leave this forum when they zero out so there are not as many stories as are out there.If you or I or anybody needs to stay on sub for however long to stop using and killing ourselves thats OK too.It sure as heck beats the alternative.
Bill
Unread 11-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #46
Mary

Bill Bam! Hope you're doing ok. Just keeping thinking positive!!! Sending big positive energy beams to you! -Mary
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #47
JAT

Bill, I couldn't be happier for you!! Can you please update your initial post and gave us the schedule that got you down to zero? I'm eager to see what you did. Great work, bro.

Best Regards,
John
Unread 11-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #48
doped_down

JAT,

I don't want to seem presumptious, but BAM55 has posted this that may answer your question:

Here is where I am on my program,thanks for everyones support.
Day 19 - 2mg
Day20 - 1mg
Day21 - 1mg
Day22 - 1mg
Day23 - 1mg
Day24 - .5 today 11/2/06 ( thanks to you Brett. I was going to skip a day and and do 1mg every other,my doctor agreed this may be better.I will be done in 7 days of .5.
So far no discomfort,no urges,clarity of mind I have not felt in years.
Unread 11-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #49
JAT

doped_down:

Thanks for that info. I was wondering how Bill got from .5 to zero and that info fills in the gap. He went from .5 on 11/8 to zero on 11/9. And he's not feeling any WD's. God, what a miracle. If it were that easy for everyone, physical addiction would no longer be an issue for society. Incredible.

Best Regards,
John
Unread 11-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #50
bam55

Jat
I hope I can still say zero problems the next few days.I understand days three and four are critical,not to mention the rest of my life.
If I hit a wall I will talk to my Doctor about bumping back to .5mg but it will have to get fairly ugly for that to happen.I am no martyr though and if Sub at some level is in my future so be it.
Bill