Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
BC2008

Default Help goint to slip

19 hiurs and xounting, I do not know if I will make it. I am looking at my sstash and amabout reay to do hog wild! I feel like s**tttttt!!!!!!!! Help!
BC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
Mike

Eventually, ending the addiction will become the most important thing in your life and when that happens it is easier to keep committed. Some people need to lose it all before they realize addiction isn't compatible with any quality of life. At least you know where to get the help when you need it, so next time you will have a better chance. Better luck next time!
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
BC2008

THahnks for the f**kin "support"!
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #4
go75

BC, if you haven't yet, DON'T. Reevaluate your options. You can find some real-time NA type help at http://narecoverychat.org/ you might try going on chat room there and getting some real-time support.
go75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #5
Mike

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BC2008

THahnks for the f**kin "support"!
BC,
Ok blame me...You have to take some responsibility for your own recovery. I would go CT from Heroin and go through a week of much worse withdrawal then another week or two of milder withdrawal when I was trying to quit. I don't feel to sorry for someone who doesn't want to quit bad enough that they can't even make it to the beginning of withdrawal.

You know what to do, but you have to want it. hog wild and stash sounds to me like you aren't ready to put this behind you and move on. Why have drugs around if you plan on quitting? That's not much of a commitment and not a smart plan if your goal is to end your addiction.

If you want to quit don't keep a stash next to you just waiting for you to relapse. There is plenty of support here for those who really want to quit.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BC2008

19 hiurs and xounting, I do not know if I will make it. I am looking at my sstash and amabout reay to do hog wild! I feel like s**tttttt!!!!!!!! Help!
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
BC2008

If I did not want to quit, I would not be here! The fact is that not everyone is as strong as you, and when I asked for help I did not w=expect to be told off, but rather expected solutions We all cannot be as strong as you, SUPER MIKE. If you cannot offere constructive opinions, please don't offer criticicsm. I have been cold turkey plenty of times but at this particular time for some reason it seams worse.
Please do not be conescending, it helps no one.
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:47 PM   #7
BC2008

Thank you for your suggestions go75, I will try anything to get through this, in spite of what some might feel!
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
BC2008

s far as blaming you Mike, don't take things so personally. I have heard horror stories of people transferring from large doses of oxy, and have had a horrendous experience previously. The fact I am again going through this speaks volumns. Do't get me wrong, I am scared S*less. Everyone is idfferent and i come here for support, not platitudes from holy er than thous.Please accept this in the giving attitude that I feel.
And again, I am 1000 per cent responsible for my situation and will be 1000 percent responsible for digging my way out, with a little help from my friens!
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #9
Mike

BC,
sorry, sometimes tough love works. The solution is to take the sub even if you are not in enough withdrawal, if it's a choice between sub and relapse. You can stop the PW by taking more sub.
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #10
Douglas

BC2008,

Man, you can't have a stash, and just sit there and look at it. You have more control than me, 19 hours (that's great) looking at your stash.

I take it you DOC is heroin, so was mine. I don't know your story, but are you on Suboxone, or do you have some. If you do, take 32mg, then you can look at that stash all you want, cause it won't get you high.

Get rid of it, down the drain. I will be the first to admit, I could never throw nothin' away. You gotta' hang in there. Don't watch your stash, watch some TV, get your mind off the dope. Call some friends. Anybody can do it, with time. And not a lot of time, just a little.

Douglas
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #11
BC2008

Thnx Doug, Mike.
We CAN do this together!
Unread 01-26-2008, 11:57 PM   #12
BC2008

19 hours was not enough last time. But you say if I would have taken MORE sub it would have got me through? I hae t have faith in that. I just flushed all my goodies and am going to take 8 mgs at a time until I get through. it may be hell for a while but I am trusting in you, thos with experience!!!![8D][8]
Unread 01-27-2008, 12:06 AM   #13
Jennyg

i have made it 55 hours ct and its hell you can do it but like the others say you have to be committed realy relly want it...you have to want to quit as bad as u wanted to use, but my hope in the end the quiting part is going to be full of rewards.im new here and just started ...hang in there buddy if i can do it and im chicken poop you can do it..
Jennyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 12:15 AM   #14
spoint1
Way Cool Member

BC2008, you rock! I have never ever been able to flush a stash.
This is my first post. I love opiates, hate the consequences. Tried my first suboxone last week but too close to my DOC & got a nasty ol case of PW. Tried it again today b/c of some gnarly cravings, and no PW, YAY!
My other good news of the day is I didn't steal doc today when i had the opportunity, but the cravings spun up tonight.
spoint1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 01:01 AM   #15
isabella07

Hi and welcome BC and Sharppointy, BC you can do this, if you need support there is tons of it here. Mike ( to me) always tells it like it is and has helped me ( and others ) in so many ways. He has been around a while and has lots of knowledge and experience. He may not have said what you wanted to hear at the time but in my experience, that is usually what I end up needing to hear - when I look back on it.

Congrats on throwing your stash away, that is a huge step to letting go of your old life. As said many times, this is not a magic pill, it takes work, but 5 months down the road - my life is overall amazing. Please stay close to the board and/or do you attend any kind of support group? Anything to get you through this rough time, it will get better. OK ? : )

Sharp- glad you are here too and did not have to deal with any PWs ! It is great that you were able to resist stealing your doc, even when given the opportunity! Talking about the cravings helps and your cravings should get better when you stabilize on your sub. Good luck to you both and keep us posted, take care- Isa : )
isabella07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 01:11 AM   #16
CathSmith

BC, I'm glad you're still around! I've been writing you on the other link. Listen, I still have a whole script of oxy just a mile down the road at my pharmacy and can go get it any time. But I'm not and I won't. You can do this, just arm yourself, because the first day or two will be tough. I have nasal spray, Klonopin, nauseau medication, pepto bismol, hard cany, and plenty of soft TP. This passes. Just keep the tv remote by your side, and/or some books, and try to watch tv or read. Or post your heart out. We will be here. Please do not give up. I'm on day 2 of this and I'm feeling so much better when I really thought I was going to die, or go get the oxys. I DIDN'T. You can do this. I will help you!!!! I ended up having to take xtra bupe the first day/night and you might to. But you will get there, my god, I never ever thought I would but I did. I even went thru pw's and still I made it and feel so much better only after 2 days! Mike's got the right idea, with taking more right now, if you need to. It worked for me. They were going to put me in the hospital, but I made it at home, with a little xtra bupe.
CathSmith is offline   Reply With Quote