Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 07-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #1
PerfectlyImperfect

Angry Starting subs 2day.....scared

Today is my starting day, I'm still waiting to feel like sh*t before I take my first sub. I've been on a 60-70mg percocet habit a day for 4yrs. (10mg perks) my last one was 12hrs ago but still don't feel like I'm ready to take my sub yet. I'm under a doctors care buti have to induce myself at home. Any suggestions will & support will help!
PerfectlyImperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2016, 04:59 PM   #2
kellyjean2002

I was in ur position about 2 weeks ago. I was terrified! !! I was taking 200-300 mg of Oxy a day for 2 years. I decided its time to get my life back. Well I was indused at my dr. Office. I had taken my last Oxy around 12 hours before I went. Well needless to say I sat at the office waiting to feel like crap and it never happened! ! I was so scared to go thru Participated Withdrawal I didnt wana take the Sub. So after waiting 16 hours my dr. Said I thnk youll be ok. So I took 1/4 of a 8mg waited 30 min and I was fine. So he said take the other 1/4 which I did and it was fine. I couldn't believe I never went thru even regular withdrawal! ! My biggest fear of a user was always goin thru the wd to get better. Thats why It took ke so long to move forward w my recovery. NancyB the wonderful Adm on here suggests to wait as long as possible to avoid PW. The normal is 12-24 hours. And look at ur Pupils the larger they are the more in withdrawal ur in. Myself never felt bad after 16 hours and ill never understand that ( lots of prayers I thnk) Damn I was using every 3-4 hours 40mgs of Oxy and the day I needed to go thru WD I didnt seam to. But damn if I was at home im sure I would have went thru Wd
The dr. Said it had a lot to do with my Mind frame. Bc myself would start freaking out knowing I didnt have a Oxy but I gues since I prepared myself I was actually ready. Please keep me updated and Good luck w ur recovery. Just keep checking ur pupils. And when u feel " u cant wait any longer" then take ur 1st dose. I hope the dr.explained participated withdrawal. Bc its awful!!! And u def dnt want to go thru that.. Ive been oxy clean for 13 days. I will def say the Subs have been a life saver. NO CRAVINGS. !!! XOXO
kellyjean2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to kellyjean2002 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-09-2016)
Unread 07-09-2016, 11:04 PM   #3
PerfectlyImperfect

hey, thank you for responding to my post. Congratulations on doing so well. Glad to know I'm not the only person that was scared to start it it's been 21 hours since my last 10 milligram percocet. I do not feel as bad as I thought I would very achy bones I'm very irritable and I went to the bathroom a few times. I'm actually scared to go to sleep because I don't want to wake up in full-blown withdrawal and that's the same reason why I'm scared to start it I wonder if I'll be okay if I started now so I can at least go to sleep
Unread 07-10-2016, 06:56 AM   #4
PerfectlyImperfect

Hello Nancyb, I'm so sorry for jumping under this thread to speak with you but I was told that your great & I had a few questions about induction at home. Quick history I was taking 50-70 MG a day of 10 MG percocets for 4years. I waited 21 hours before inducing I took a 2mg piece from a 8 MG strip at 1130 last night and now at 650am, I'm still okay. .. no withdrawal symptoms or anything. Is it necessary for me to take another 2 MG piece now since it's morning because I'm in the induction phase or can I just wait until I feel withdrawal symptoms
Unread 07-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #5
NancyB
Administrator

Hi PerfectlyImperfect, welcome. Were you able to sleep after taking it? Some people find it disrupt their sleep.

Basically, if 2mg took care of your cravings and withdrawals, then you likely will not need more than 2mg a day. Especially where you were taking 60-70mg of oxycodone day. Taking more might be overkill.

If it didn't disrupt your sleep at all, then you might just want to take it at night instead of the morning. If it did keep you awake, then you might think about switching it to a morning dose.

The medication has around a 37-hour halflife, so if you feel ok tonight before you go to bed, you could possibly just start taking it in the morning tomorrow morning.

Let me know what you think and how you're feeling.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-10-2016)
Unread 07-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #6
j74

Smile Perfectlyinperfect

Congrats I was right where ur exactly 1 months ago! Best decision I ever made ! I can't believe I have a month today! I also was scare & terrified 2! But you will get lots of support here! I also go to meetings and I have a therapist also! So pls make sure you get other support also! Congratulations again!
j74 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to j74 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-10-2016)
Unread 07-10-2016, 02:05 PM   #7
kellyjean2002

How are u feeling today? Itz crazy the same happened to me as far as waiting to feel like Crap and it not happening. Im so happy ur 1st dose went well!!! Keep ur head up and be proud of yourself! !!!
kellyjean2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #8
PerfectlyImperfect

Hey Kelly & Nancy I'm actually doing great I've only taken a 2 milligram piece and that was at 11:30 last night. It's been over 17hours and I still feel fine I don't know if I should take one anyway but I've decided to only take it when I feel withdrawal and I'm documenting everything. I was a little anxious last night and didn't sleep well hopefully I'll do better with it tonight. How are you doing?
Unread 07-10-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
PerfectlyImperfect

Ye s I was very terrified but I feel awesome now I've only taken one 2 milligram piece in the last 17 hours so I think I'm off to a good start how are you doing today?
Unread 07-10-2016, 05:19 PM   #10
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, the only thing about taking it when you feel withdrawals is that it mimics active addiction - taking something for an effect. If you get into the routine of taking it once a day - like a vitamin - it helps to 'dissolve' those addictive behavior pathways. Keeping a journal of dosing and how you feel is good because it takes about a week to stabilize and then you may find you need even less.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 07-12-2016, 06:42 AM   #11
NancyB
Administrator

Hi PerfectlyImperfect, just checking in to see how you're doing. Let us know when you can.

Nancy
Unread 07-12-2016, 11:09 PM   #12
theswan

good luck to you. I am very glad you only needed 2mg. I was on a boat load of percocet myself and was induced in a clinical trial under strict supervision. I was not to know how much I was taking until it was concluded and I was to stay a few weeks. They gave me broken pieces of the old suboxone 8mg tablets but it was always4-5 pieces and I did not know if one or more was a placebo.

I left at 16mg and apparently I was on as high a dose as 24mg but since I kept a WD and craving log along with a pain level log, they concluded I required 16mg as my dose twice a day due to my dual issue of dependence and chronic pain.

I'm pretty sure the first two days I was given the dose of 8mg. After the second dose I started to feel like my old self and the first dose was like a godsend in how well it eliminated the WD (Which to me was more moderate to severe then mild to moderate because I had been through a few WD's from large massive opiates) I was leg shaking head thrashing, runs to beat the band and anxiety so bad I could not focus so I kept my eyes closed.

Please stay in touch because we are all interested especially new comers.

Be well

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2016, 06:11 PM   #13
PerfectlyImperfect

Hello Nancy & everyone on this thread!! I'm doing GREAT! I'm only taking 4mgs a day, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. I have ABSOLUTELY NO WD OR CRAVINGS. I've been on the subs for one week 2day. I went to my doctor on Thursday and he is very pleased with my results thus far. I would like to know if anyone can help me with a taper plan, I would like to only be on the subs for 6-8 weeks if possible. I'm so scared of getting addicted to the subs, any info would be great. Hope to hear from someone soon, STAY BLESSED!
Unread 07-16-2016, 07:45 PM   #14
NancyB
Administrator

Hi PerfectlyImperfect, wow! That's great to hear you're doing so well.

As far as a taper, please read the following links. It could help you understand the difference between tolerance, physical dependence and addiction. Most people do not become addicted to buprenorphine. It continues the physical dependency on opioids, but, usually, stops the addictive behavior so that the patient can work on the psycho-social aspect of addiction. Briefly, addiction is uncontrollable compulsive behavior despite negative consequences. Taking a medication as prescribed isn't addiction. It's when it goes to compulsive thoughts and behavior about the substance that it becomes addiction.

http://www.naabt.org/faq_answers.cfm?ID=1
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=23809

That said, if you think you're ready to taper because you want to taper, that's totally different. You should be ready to live both addiction free and medication free before you start a taper.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Nancy
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-18-2016)