Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-19-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
Nabila12

Default Need Help in NC!

Hi, I live in Greensboro, NC and am wondering if anyone One this board knows of any practice within a two-hour radius of Greensboro that prescribes Suboxone and/or Zubsolv and will will not demand a huge up-front deposit and will bill my partner's insurance for med checks instead of insisting on cash only. He loves the practice he is at now, but they will not increase his dose of Zubsolv or let him stay on it for more than a year. I am not pleased because I paid over $1000 to get him established at this practice and can't afford to do that again on top of being required to pay cash for all visits (his current practice bills his insurance, so the out-of-pocket for med checks is only $20). He doesn't want to return to a clinic he has to visit every day or even every week. My partner was on 135mgs of methadone for five years and then switched to Zubsolv last August. He is well aware that if he does not have MAT, he will likely start misusing opiates again. Also, if someone here knows someone who might be able to help me navigate this complicated issue, as I simply do not have time to call every prescriber in the Triad, I would be grateful for an intro/referral. Thanks!!!! And yes, I have already tried treatmentmatch and had no success.
Nabila12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Nabila12, welcome. Some other things people have had success in finding doctors are asking their pharmacist for names of prescribers; calling hospital referral lines; calling their insurer; using the 211 referral line in their state.

Does he get receipts for the cash payments? Has he tried submitting those for self-reimbursement?

Just wanted to throw those ideas out there.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #3
Nabila12

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the confusion. Right now, we are NOT paying cash. With his current provider willing to bill our insurance and a Zubsolv co-pay card, his MAT costs us a grand total of $30/mo plus his very reasonable insurance premium. However, the person who runs the Zubsolv program told my boyfriend from the outset that he would not prescribe Zubsolv for more than a year, which will roll around in August. Thus, I am starting the search early for another provider we can afford should we need to change. I talked with his current provider's receptionist on Friday to confirm the one-year policy and also found out the free case management service our insurance company offers can probably help us get this sorted out, so I should have some answers next week from his current provider and possibly the insurance company. Nonetheless, I am casting a net wide and far. Thanks again!
Nabila12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, no no no! My mistake. But did you get reimbursed for any of the $1000 to get him established there? That just doesn't seem fair if they are taking his insurance.

In any event, let us know what you hear back. I hope you get good news, that would sure ease a lot of stress.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote