Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-12-2016, 01:43 PM   #1
AmberWV85

Default Saving Money On Daily Dosing Self Pay?

I had to enter a daily dosing program because there were no openings anywhere near me and I couldn't wait for treatment. Also, the clinic I attend only prescribes Subutex to pregnant women and I am allergic to Naloxone, I have tried Suboxone, Zubsolv and Bunavail all with the same results. The daily dosing program costs $20 per day which comes out to $140 per week and $560 per month. I do have Medicare and WV Medicaid but Medicare is my primary and the clinic does not accept it therefore they can't bill the Medicaid either so I am left paying out of pocket for everything. The clinic does offer a very slight discount if you pay a week or more in advance which saves about $60 per month. The cost is still really hard to choke down especially with the cost of travel (I live a total of 130 miles from the clinic round trip) daily. I easily put out $800+ per month with the cost of the clinic and travel. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to lower that cost some? I will try anything (legal of course) to save money on my treatment. I have found it extremely hard to pay for treatment and traveling plus my bills each month and am always needing to borrow money to get through. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

AmberWV85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi AmbeWV85, welcome. What is your dose and how long have you been taking that dose? Which type of bupe are you taking there? How long before you don't have to go daily?

Have you contacted Medicaid and Medicare to see if you can submit your bills to them and get reimbursed directly?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote