Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #1
NYC

Thumbs up New member, 5 days sober

Hello everyone,

I've been doing a lot of reading on this website and similar ones for a while. Thought about quitting oxycodone for a year or two but never really wanted to stop. I started just leaving the suboxone.com website open on my computer a lot to get it into my subconscious.
I wanted to quit because I was no longer happy. I was feeling signs of depression and anxiety that first caused me to self medicate. I wondered why with the amount I kept increasing, and spending to feel good. Why was I still unhappy. The pills cured my anxiety and made me happy, for years. Until last year, I was spending about $1600/month on just oxycodone.
I was working just to fulfill my addiction and it wasnt even making me happy anymore. It was comforting to be on it still, but annoying to carry and hide pills with me and around my friends and family and coworkers.
My story is shadowed in comparison to others I've read and heard, and it gave me strength to finally quit. If all these people can do it, so can I. I couldn't believe some of the scenarios I've heard - I thought I had it rough.
So I finally got the nerve to call a few places listed on the suboxone website, some receptionists were friendly, some never picked up or returned my call. They all mentioned how the first visit was going to be between $350-500 and I would need many visits after that at a reduced rate, with no insurance accepted. I didn't want to ask about getting a prescription on my first day because I thought maybe they'd think I'm just trying to scam them.
I got lucky, out of my 5 phone calls, one receptionist returned my call, and gave me an appointment in 1 week.
I did what any addict with a time limit would do, and ramped up my dosages to the point of passing out and getting sick. I'm surprised I didnt make a huge mistake in those final days.
My nerves were intense and I thought they'd send me away or turn me down and legally rob me of $500.
Thankfully, this business agreed with my confession of addiction and I was prescribed 8mg suboxone strips. 7 of them for the week. It's been 6 days since my last pill, and 5 days on suboxone.
I meet with the doctor in 2 days for my first clean drug test in almost 4 years.

I wrote this to become an active member on this website, as well as to thank all of you who have posted on this website. I've read some of your testimonials and I've read a lot of the guidance in the suboxone forum and I will continue to do so. I'm lucky and blessed enough to work with someone who has been 7 years clean, so I'll have someone to talk to everyday about this. And he's been motivating me to quit for the past year.
The past few weeks have been tough, the last week even tougher. Anyone who has gone through what I just did, which is most likely all of you (and you've probably gone through a lot harder conditions) are incredibly strong. This was the hardest thing to do and go through. And I give everyone on this website who has quit a huge congratulations.

I look forward to building connections with a lot of you, and thanks for taking the time out to read this.
NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2016, 11:30 PM   #2
Iamready61

Welcome NYC, I have found this forum very comforting. Keep us posted..and most of all Congratulations !!! Cessa Mama Shel
Iamready61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2016, 01:38 AM   #3
NYC

Thanks Iamready, I actually read your 3 month thread a little earlier. Congrats on the 90 days!
Unread 06-20-2016, 06:14 AM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi NYC, welcome and congratulations on taking that big step! Have you seen this thread:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21609

It has a bunch of information that you might find helpful/informative.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #5
j74

Welcome to the forum and congrats!
j74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #6
NYC

Talking

Thanks everyone. Addiction free & on suboxone at my lowest possible dose for 17 days and I feel great. Much more alive than being addicted.
Unread 07-02-2016, 01:46 PM   #7
j74

Smile Nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been doing a lot of reading on this website and similar ones for a while. Thought about quitting oxycodone for a year or two but never really wanted to stop. I started just leaving the suboxone.com website open on my computer a lot to get it into my subconscious.
I wanted to quit because I was no longer happy. I was feeling signs of depression and anxiety that first caused me to self medicate. I wondered why with the amount I kept increasing, and spending to feel good. Why was I still unhappy. The pills cured my anxiety and made me happy, for years. Until last year, I was spending about $1600/month on just oxycodone.
I was working just to fulfill my addiction and it wasnt even making me happy anymore. It was comforting to be on it still, but annoying to carry and hide pills with me and around my friends and family and coworkers.
My story is shadowed in comparison to others I've read and heard, and it gave me strength to finally quit. If all these people can do it, so can I. I couldn't believe some of the scenarios I've heard - I thought I had it rough.
So I finally got the nerve to call a few places listed on the suboxone website, some receptionists were friendly, some never picked up or returned my call. They all mentioned how the first visit was going to be between $350-500 and I would need many visits after that at a reduced rate, with no insurance accepted. I didn't want to ask about getting a prescription on my first day because I thought maybe they'd think I'm just trying to scam them.
I got lucky, out of my 5 phone calls, one receptionist returned my call, and gave me an appointment in 1 week.
I did what any addict with a time limit would do, and ramped up my dosages to the point of passing out and getting sick. I'm surprised I didnt make a huge mistake in those final days.
My nerves were intense and I thought they'd send me away or turn me down and legally rob me of $500.
Thankfully, this business agreed with my confession of addiction and I was prescribed 8mg suboxone strips. 7 of them for the week. It's been 6 days since my last pill, and 5 days on suboxone.
I meet with the doctor in 2 days for my first clean drug test in almost 4 years.

I wrote this to become an active member on this website, as well as to thank all of you who have posted on this website. I've read some of your testimonials and I've read a lot of the guidance in the suboxone forum and I will continue to do so. I'm lucky and blessed enough to work with someone who has been 7 years clean, so I'll have someone to talk to everyday about this. And he's been motivating me to quit for the past year.
The past few weeks have been tough, the last week even tougher. Anyone who has gone through what I just did, which is most likely all of you (and you've probably gone through a lot harder conditions) are incredibly strong. This was the hardest thing to do and go through. And I give everyone on this website who has quit a huge congratulations.

I look forward to building connections with a lot of you, and thanks for taking the time out to read this.
Congrats on being sober ! Life is great!
j74 is offline   Reply With Quote