Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-06-2016, 07:43 AM   #1
hawkeye25

Hi
I've just joined up and can't find where to post apart from replying to people's post so hope you don't mind me asking.. I've been through the mill with addiction to opiates and over the past couple of years have been addicted to codeine phosphate. I'm about to start on subutex but I'm not sure how long to wait before taking my first dose. Recommendations say wait till you're feeling withdrawal effects. I can feel them the same day if I've only used in the morning, is that long enough to wait?
If you're unsure and can direct me to the right forum I'd be greatfull.
Thanks, hawkeye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eem View Post
People are scared at the first suboxone visit. They are afraid it wont work. It does. 100% . You just have to be willing to not getting high anymore
How long after taking 28 x 30mg codeine phosphate would people recommend before starting my first dose of subutex, as the last thing I want is to be thrown straight into withdrawal.
hawkeye.
hawkeye25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi hawkeye25, welcome. Protocol is to wait until you're in mild to moderate withdrawal. Page 2 of this link gives you a 'guide' to see where you're at. The longer you can wait, the better - to make sure that you're in WDs and don't have anxiety presenting itself as WDs.
http://www.naabt.org/documents/NAABT_PrecipWD.pdf

Here's a link that's a guide of sorts on the mechanics of the forum:
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle..._threads_posts

Keep us posted on how you're doing and if you have questions.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote