Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 05-12-2016, 09:15 AM   #1
Lynmor33

Default 3 times a charm. Right...

Hi its Lyndsay. I use to post under Want2beclean last year. I just wanted to check in and update where im at with my sobriety. Iv'e been on 60mg of Methadone again for a year. Just started another detox. So im at 45mg now and going down 5mg every Thursday. Once i reach 30mg i will skip a day and switch to Subutex.
I always had trouble paying for my meds at the clinic but somehow i was approved for Medicaid last year and have not had to pay anything for treatment. What a blessing that has been. I still dont know how i was approved for Medicaid because ive always been denied in the past. Im thinking they may have made a mistake by giving it to me and everyday i worry they will take it so thats why im going to go ahead and switch back to sub and get get to a very low dose so if they do take my Medicaid i will be close to finishing detoxing and won't have to pay out of pocket for long.
This will be my third time detoxing and I really, really want to be done! Ive reached a point in my life where im truly ready to be done. The fear of withdrawls is something i just want to put behind me and never put myself through again.
I do know i need to try something different this time so i will get and stay clean for good. If i can get past the months of feeling like crap i know i will make it. Its just that horrible feeling of wd that breaks me everytime.
Well need to get back to work. Hi everybody!
Lynmor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay! Nice to 'see' you again.

When you switch from methadone to bupe, remember you need to be in mild to moderate withdrawals when you start bupe, otherwise it could throw you into precipitated withdrawals. Methadone can be tricky, so please read both pages of this link:
http://www.naabt.org/documents/NAABT_PrecipWD.pdf

If you got medicaid, try not to keep thinking that it was a mistake. They could have changed the eligibility requirements and this is the time it worked in your favor. So please try not to worry about that, ok? They gave it to you, so you must have qualified. Maybe the mistakes were the other times you applied.

But please don't start bupe too soon. PWD is not fun, especially from methadone because of the long halflife of that and the way it can stay in your system.

Keep posting!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
Want2beclean

Hi Nancy. Glad your still on here giving great advice. I will wait a few days or go lower than 30mgs. My new consular has talked me into slowing my detox down. So ive stopped at 45mg for the next week and then i will drop 1mg twice a week. Im into whatever advice i can get this time around.
Unread 09-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #4
Lynmor33

Well sitting at home feeling pretty crappy and Just wanted to update my situation. Im now on 25mg of Methadone and going down 1mg every two days. I have a appointment with a Suboxone doctor on 9/30 for my induction. I should be around 18 or 16 mg by then. My last dose will be on Wednesday morning at 7:30am and I see the doctor on Friday at 9:15am. So it will be around 50hrs before i start Sub. They said i only had to skip 24hes because in so low on methadone but im not crazy. I know that i need to be pretty sick before starting sub. Even though first time i started sub I used pills on the same day. First time i started Subutex I was on 15mg of Methadone and skipped one day and was ok but im really nervous this time around.
Hoping my medicaid will be good long enough to get through this last switch and detox. The reason I Got approved was because they have a deductible that i met paying for my medication a few years ago. So once you spend so much you can get medicaid if your considered low income. I only make 21k a year so i guess Thats low enough. What a blessing it has been to have free medical care.

I'm feeling pretty crappy right now and want to stop detoxing from meth and Just switch at the dose Im at but im guessing the less meth on my receptiors the better I will be. I also dont want to be sick for two days when i skip to switch over. Dont know what to do. I may stop at 20mg and switch from there....
Unread 09-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #5
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, just go with your gut on how you feel on the 30th. If need be, wait another day to be sure. You don't want your nervousness to interfere with the withdrawal signs. I can't remember if you used COWS chart before, but it's on page 2 of this link:
https://naabt.org/documents/NAABT_PrecipWD.pdf

The salient points for you on page 1:
Methadone
It is recommended that patients transitioning from methadone to Buprenorphine slowly taper to 30 mg./day of methadone, for at least one week. Last dose must be no less than 36 hours prior to induction, and may be 96 hours or more. A minimal score of at least 5 on the COWS is recommended, although some physicians prefer scores of 15 or higher.

Patients transferring from methadone or another long-acting opioid to Buprenorphine may experience discomfort for several days and dysphoria for up to 2 weeks.

The goal of induction is to safely suppress opioid withdrawal as rapidly as possible with adequate doses of Buprenorphine. Failure to do so may cause patients to use opioids or other medications to alleviate opioid withdrawal symptoms or may lead to early treatment dropout. To achieve this, some physicians have found they may need to dose as high as 32 mgs. the first day with some methadone to Buprenorphine transfers.

Everyone is different - we've had people here do fine with 48 hours off of methadone, and we've had people who needed to wait much longer than that. Even though you don't want to be sick for a couple of days beforehand, you don't want to risk precipitated withdrawals either.

Will you start in office on the 30th?

Keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth transition for you!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 09-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #6
Lynmor33

Nancy. Im not sure if they give me meds there but i hoping i get a script so i can take it when im ready. I'm sure i will be ready Friday only because I feel wd now. I took 24mg of meth today and tmrw then i go to 23mg and so on. I'm trying to make it to 20mg before my switch. I guess my question is should I stop now and level out so i dont feel as bad by 9/30 or just keep pushing through. Wanted to consultant with someone at clinic today but everyone was busy as usual.
I am excited to be getting films again so i can cut them way smaller than subutex. The easiest detox ive ever had was from films. Also no more Clinic!!! That place is horrible. I had a false positive for benzodiazepines a few months ago and keep telling them I never took them and they treated me like crap and didn't belive me. I've never given a dirty urine in 3yrs. Guess they are so used to hearing addicts lying so they just blew me off. Just glad to know im leaving that place and should have been gone but didnt know if medicaid would last. Still Dont but hey I'm gone .
Trying not to focus on the wd and make this transition easy on myself. Not to bad just Aching legs, watery eyes, spaced out feeling and hot and cold at same time. Dont feel like myself at all. I also told my bosses that i have an appointment on the thursday that i have to skip just in case I start feeling crappy I can go.
Alright I'm all over the place today with this post so check back later. Thanks Nancy for responding.
Unread 09-19-2016, 04:01 PM   #7
TDEP2016

Lynnmor33,
Stick with it. I just went through what you are going through and started bupe on Friday. I still feel a bit odd but I keep thinking about the fact that I'm not taking pills and it makes me happy about what I chose to do.

Stick with it and dont give up!
TDEP2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2016, 04:19 PM   #8
Lynmor33

Thanks TDEP2016 Im trying to just get through this switch and get stabalized on a good dose of Suboxone. Im excited though to have films again so maybe that feeling will stick with me.

I called the sub doctor today to see if they can get me in this Friday instead of next Friday and they have me a appointment for 11:45 This Friday. I have my two take homes of Methadone left. Tmrw is 24mg and Wednesday is 23mg. Ive been under 30mg for longer than a week so im sure i will be ok with my induction. My friend said they sent her home with a weeks worth of sub on her induction day so atleast i can take it when wd are bad. I go back every Friday for first month then once a month after that. So only 4 days left until I'm free of my liquid handcuffs...
Unread 09-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #9
TDEP2016

My doctor did the same thing. He gave me a weeks worth and a recommended dosage. I am going back this Wednesday to discuss what he thinks my regular dose should br based off my usage during the previous 5 days. With the long half life of the bupe, I have noticed that I dont feel the usual WD symptoms, i.e. first thing in the morning, etc. The bupe makes it much easier to keep a steady schedule on when you take the medication and almost makes you forget about the times you usually feel crappy on opioids.

Please let us know how your appointment goes this Friday. My first counseling session is this Wednesday along with my doctor's appointment so I'll be sure to let you know how I make out as well.

Stay positive!
Unread 09-20-2016, 06:01 AM   #10
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, if you can stop the methadone today or tomorrow and give yourself more time off of methadone, that would be great to let the methadone halflife ride out a little longer. If not, at least you can bring the meds home and not HAVE to start in the office. Much more under your own control. I like that part the best.

Nancy
Unread 09-20-2016, 08:26 AM   #11
Lynmor33

Nancy my last dose of 23mg of methadone is tmrw morning at 7:00 am. Then nothing Thursday and my appointment is Friday so its around 53hrs of nothing. Your right though i will not take anything unless my wd are bad enough. I saw on the cows post that they sometimes start methadone to Suboxone clients on 32mg of Suboxone. Thats just plain crazy!!! No way that much is needed for anybody ... I think.

TDEP- Sounds like your through the worst part. If you dont mind me asking what has your dose been? 1st day to now? I also will be getting counseling at my doctors office. I hope its better than the clinics counselors. Everytime i would get to know one they would be gone. In 3 years i had atleast 7 different ones.
Oh yea did the doctor give you enough films to last the whole week?
Glad your feeling better.
Unread 09-20-2016, 07:16 PM   #12
TDEP2016

I was never on methadone so I came right off the percocets onto bupe. I was actually taking a relatively small amount of percocets compared to other users but I was on them for many years so the withdrawal is still pretty rough. I would take between 6-8 perc 10s a day, sometimes more, but usually in that ballpark.

The first days on bupe were a bit weird, per se, but I slept great last night and woke up feeling awesome today. The first two days, I was taking two 4.2 Bunavail (generic Suboxone) strips a day, then down to 1.5 strips, and today I only took one. Hoping one strip will be my steady dose now that I went through the induction phase. Even with the increased dose the first few days, I still felt some levels of withdrawal, mainly mental. I didn't sleep well and was ornery. Today is totally different. Lower dose and feeling better than I have the past 4 days. My doctor did say the usual starting dose is 2 strips a day, but that is all dependent on the patient. Could be less or could be more.

The doctor did give me enough strips for the whole week. The prescription was for 2 strips a day for 7 days but he told me to only take what I needed. If I didn't need a full two, take 1.5, etc. So that is what I have been trying to do. I take one first thing in the morning, then let it ride for a bit. Once I feel the symptoms start to creep, even just the littlest bit, then I'll take another half a strip. That way, I am only taking them when I absolutely need to and not over-medicating simply for the sake of doing so.
Unread 09-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #13
Lynmor33

TDEP,
Glad your stabilizing now. You will soon find a good dose that works for you. Its been a few years since i did a Suboxone induction and couldnt remember what the doc gave me to get through the first week. I do remember it being a pretty easy detox because i went super slow and vut my 2mg films into so many pieces that i never felt to bad when i stopped. Didnt last to long because i got a horrible ear infection and took the prescription for pain meds when i should have known better.
This time around will be my last, god willing. Im so tired of this addiction consuming my life. Ready to be free.
I do remember if i took my dose to late in the evening i couldnt sleep at all. So try to dose once a day and early when you get to that point.
Thanks for the info.
Unread 09-22-2016, 06:27 AM   #14
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, how are you doing today?

Nancy
Unread 09-22-2016, 04:28 PM   #15
Lynmor33

I am ok. Left work early because i just wasn't feeling it. Got home and took a good nap. Just been in bed with heating pad wrapped around my legs
I had to pull space heater out because my whole body is one chill. Blanket on blanket off all day. I feel a little mentally out of it. Other than that not to bad.
Thanks for asking. Will check back in later.
Unread 09-23-2016, 05:43 AM   #16
NancyB
Administrator

Good luck today Lyndsay!! Look forward to hearing from you after your appointment!

Nancy
Unread 09-23-2016, 01:18 PM   #17
Lynmor33

Ok so these doctors just throw sub at patients. He pretty much asked me how much i wanted cause he didnt want me to relapse during my iduction. I said your the doctor what do i need? He gave me 2 8mg films a day. I didnt care just wanted to get out of there because i felt so bad.
Go to pharmacy and my medicaid needs approval before i can get my sub. By this time im ready to flip out because wd are so bad i just want to go home. So i had to pay $100 for 10 films. I just took 4 mg and sitting in my car at docs office in case i go into precp wd. I can go back into docs office and he will write me scripts to help if im thrown in wd. Praying i just feel better in about 30 mins.
Unread 09-23-2016, 06:59 PM   #18
Sam Bailey

Hello Lynmor33,

Welcome to the site.

Based on the time stamp of your post, it's been several hours since you took that 4mg piece of film.

My bet is it wasn't long until you started feeling better. We've all been in those same shoes. Being in withdrawals, for any number of reasons, and needing to THINK. Those two functions do NOT go well together, thinking yet being too sick to think properly.

Point being, while it's often really tough to spend dough when you might not actually need to spend it, your wds forced your hand. Other words, you made the right decision to spend the 100 bucks.

Now, though, what to do?

The smartest move you can make with the Sub is to take ONLY what you genuinely need. I know that sounds pretty obvious, and it sorta is, but the fear of getting sick again makes most of us take more than we actually need.

What is the amount of Sub that'll keep you stable? That's the first question you need to answer. It may take a little experimenting, but remember, Sub is extremely potent. We really don't need much at all, no matter how "serious" our addiction was.

Many people, myself included, were able to stabilize on 2mgs pretty quickly. Whatever that dose is for you, get there soon as you can and while you're feeling "well," begin figuring out your next moves, moves that'll keep you from falling back into the darkness.

For me it was one on one therapy, group support (AA/NA worked best for me), good nutrition, regular, strenuous exercise and, most important, finding harmony in my daily life. Other words, stop isolating (that was one of my worst flaws), thinking positively, being of use to other people, that kind of positive action.

Anyway. That's enough from me. I sure hope my post finds you feeling good now. Sub is not magical, it takes real work, alongside the medication, to reclaim our lives. Nope, not magical, but it sure can help lead us back into the light.

**Edit: Sheesh! Guess I should have read your entire thread before posting a reply. Sorry. Anyway. Seems like you've been to this party before...so you know what you need to do. Again, apologies for taking that shortcut. Hope you are feeling 100 times better than this morning! sb

best,

sam

Last edited by Sam Bailey; 09-23-2016 at 07:08 PM..
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Sam Bailey For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-24-2016)
Unread 09-23-2016, 07:32 PM   #19
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, what's going on - how are you doing? Let us know when you can.

Nancy
Unread 09-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #20
Lynmor33

Ok so just woke up and feel 75% better. Im having the worst pain in my back and legs still. The doctor also wrote me Gabapentin to help me relax. It is supposed to help with the RLS to. Im just still to ughh to know if its really doing anything to help. I ended up take 4mg every hour until my wd stopped. Im sure i wont need that much tmrw. Total of 12mg today.

Sam thank for the post i need all the advice i can get. Another part of my treatment is NA/AA meetings. So for once im trying to do this different. I've never done meetings before. My plan is to be done with Sub in a year. This will be my 3rd time detoxing and relapse is not an option this time.

Well have the dreaded Sub headache so i will check back in tmrw.
One User Says Thank You to Lynmor33 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-23-2016)
Unread 09-23-2016, 09:29 PM   #21
NancyB
Administrator

I hope you sleep well. Make sure you stay hydrated too!

Nancy
Unread 09-24-2016, 06:29 PM   #22
Lynmor33

Feel alot better today. Only getting chills every now and then. Not sure if that means i need more Sub or if they will just go away in a few days. Called pharmacy today and my medicaid still had not approved my medication. Have to call doctor's office Monday and get them to follow up on it. Dont know what i will do if my medicaid wont cover it.
I slept pretty good lastnight. Only thing is with methadone i could sleep extra hours that i didnt need. I tried and couldn't take a nap today. Instead of sleeping i went crazy cleaning my house. Guess thats a good thing even though i love my naps.
Well back to work tomorrow and so glad those horrible wd are behind me.

Forgot to mention that at first doctor was going to give me 3 8mg films per day. Thats just crazy!!!
Unread 09-24-2016, 08:18 PM   #23
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, if the only thing that's going on are those chills, they may subside as you build up your bupe levels over the coming week. How much did you take today? Try to stay at the same dose for a week to stabilize, then you can better be able to tell if you need a dose adjustment.

I'm glad you slept well last night, hopefully again tonight. Also glad you started low and increased accordingly. Some doctors just don't know how to induct properly. But don't get me started on that! lol

So glad you're doing well!!

Nancy
Unread 09-25-2016, 06:02 PM   #24
Lynmor33

Hi Nancy,
I ended up taking 16mg yesterday and today. Not to worried about being on a high dose because i know how easy it is to come down from 16mg. Next week i will go ahead and drop. Worried about having a stock pile because i seem to mess up everytime i do that. So maybe one or two saved but thats it this time around, trying it different. I also have a doctor that will right me meds when i detox this time. Felt good today but still have chills about 10 times a day. Defently no more sub though will wait it out. Just want to stabilize and get back to living life.
Unread 09-25-2016, 06:36 PM   #25
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, just stick to the 16mg for a week and get nice and stabilized. Methadone is a tough transition and you're rockin' it! You're so right in that once you've stabilized, you'll likely easily go down to 12 from 16mg.

I'm really proud of you for doing this!

Nancy
Unread 09-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #26
Lynmor33

Thanks Nancy. Ive taken the 16mg past few days. Still have chills and leg pain but nothing to bad. The Sub feels so different than Methadone. Its been tough trying to get used to the Sub. Really hoping a few more days will help. Feel like Sub doesn't hold me all day like Methadone did. Im thinking about it constantly. I dont like taking it twice a day. For years i dosed at 7:00am and didnt think about it for rest of day. I know its early in my switch and im just wanting to stabilize.
Have a great day Nancy & Thanks for support, You rock!!!

Oh yea Medicaid approval came through and my medicaid is good for now. They are backed up on their case loads so until they send out recertification papers they will continue to push my medicaid through month to month. Yeaaaa!!!
Unread 09-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #27
Sam Bailey

Hey Lynmor!

Good deal that your insurance dealio came through. That's one other problem you don't have to fret over.

You mention that your Sub dose doesn't seem to be holding you all day...and you're hesitant about breaking the dose into two: one in the morning, one in the afternoon/evening. Plus, and maybe worst of all, you note that you're "thinking about" taking more meds all day long.

Here's a suggestion: Go ahead and break your dosing schedule into two parts! Yes, ideally one takes a single dose in the morning, then doesn't think about medication til the next morning.

But right now, that's just not working. So go ahead and take half early then the other half later.

Lots of folks have done this; I did it. For me it was a good thing. Mostly, since I WASN'T thinking about medications all day, I could go about the task of repairing the many broken parts of my life.

That's what Sub does, it gives you comfortable time to repair your life. Later on, maybe weeks, maybe months, once you've really stabilized, you can combine those two doses. But right now, NO NEED to hurt yourself.

best,

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Sam Bailey For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-30-2016)
Unread 09-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #28
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, if you have to take it twice a day for now, so be it. Once you get stabilized I'm sure you can go back to once a day and hopefully decrease your dose.

That's awesome that the Medicaid approval finally came through! One less thing to worry about!

Just remind yourself of how great you're doing!! If you don't, I will remind you!

Nancy
Unread 09-29-2016, 07:20 AM   #29
NancyB
Administrator

How's your week going Lyndsay? Hopefully you're stabilizing nicely.

Nancy
Unread 09-30-2016, 08:24 PM   #30
Lynmor33

Feeling ok. Told my doctor today about how ive been feeling and he tried to push me into taking more Sub. He said the switch from Methadone to Sub can be tricky and i need to get stabilized asap as hes in fear of me relapsing. I took the script of 3 8mg films a day from him but honestly i dont think more Sub is the answer right now...
I do feel better but not 100% yet. Im just trying to get use to the change. I pretty much was on Methadone for 3 years. I also told him i couldn't really feel the effects of the Gabapentin so he wrote me stronger ones but i didnt get them filled.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 10-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #31
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, what symptoms are you having? That, I think, would determine if you should try more bupe. Not another 8mg, but maybe 2 or 4mg might help you to get past how you're feeling now. Or if you think you can stick it out, do that. The main thing is that you don't want to suffer so much that is really negatively impacts your life. You may only need a little extra for a couple of weeks. Or you may be able to push through it.

Just don't suffer unnecessarily, ok?

Nancy
Unread 10-01-2016, 08:23 PM   #32
Lynmor33

Nancy,
Just told him that i still had chills and pain in my legs and anxiety. Also told him how it just didnt hold me all day and it was nothing like Methadone. Both times ive seen him he goes into rants about how horrible Methadone is and that my brain is mush from all the years of using and treatment on Methadone.
I took both 8 mg within an hour of each other early this morning and another 4mg at 6:00pm and felt great today. I think this will work for thr next 11 days until i go back to see him.
Unread 10-02-2016, 06:10 AM   #33
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, wow, he really doesn't have anything good to say about methadone.

In any event, yes, stick with what worked for you and, after you stabilize on that dose, if you start feeling over tired for no reason, you might think about reducing down 2mg and see if that helps. That's one of the biggest indicators of too high of a dose.

Glad that worked and you felt great!!

Nancy
Unread 10-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #34
Lynmor33

Didn't mention this earlier but ive had a migraine for 3 days now. Today makes third day ive woken up with horrible pain in right side of my head.
If it was from Sub wouldn't it have been started?
Today is day 10 on Sub.
Unread 10-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #35
Lynmor33

Left work early and just woke up from a nap with no headache. Only took 8 mg film this morning well maybe more but as soon as i put 1st film under tongue the office phone rang and film was gone as soon as i started talking so dont know if i absorbed any of it.
Unread 10-04-2016, 07:41 AM   #36
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, glad the headache went. One easy thing to do is to make sure that you stay hydrated. Opioids can suppress the thirst mechanism, so it's best to be mindful of drinking enough fluids - water especially.

I think you probably did absorb enough with that first 8mg. Did you feel any different the rest of the day or this morning?

Nancy
Unread 10-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #37
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, feeling better yet?

Nancy
Unread 11-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #38
Lynmor33

Hey Nancy just checking in. Well Im doing really good and only taking 4mg a day now. Just switching was the tricky part for me. Found out really quick that the more i took the worse i felt.
Alot has happened since i posted. Im moving back to my hometown and buying my first house. Transferring my job and going into mgmt with a 13k raise. Excited but scared all rolled into one. Been in a pretty bad relationship for 11 years and always felt stuck because financially i couldnt make it on my own. Hate to take my kids out of school to but i know this move is the right thing to do plus i will be a homeowner!!!!
Not sure what will happen about me getting my sub. I have Medicaid in N.C but i dont know what will happen in S.C. My new Mgr. position will offer me Blue Cross but dont know how much that will cover for my meds.
Making sure i have enough films to cover my transition to S.C. Would love to be detoxed by then but i know me and i need to really continue on meds through the move. Its very stressful to relocate your whole life.

Ive been going to meeting for the first time and love them.
Really trying to put as much as i can between ne and my addiction this time around.
2 Users Say Thank You to Lynmor33 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-26-2016), Thank You (11-26-2016)
Unread 11-27-2016, 05:27 AM   #39
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, wow! Look at you and all the changes in your life! Positive changes. That's fabulous, congratulations! I'm so glad you're able to get out of that relationship. Your kids will be fine, they're so resilient and I bet they'll be much happier too.

Can you find out anything about the Blue Cross insurance you'll be getting? If you know the name of it, you can generally google Blue Cross XXXX formulary and see if bupe is on there. In the meantime, just save up what you can.

I'm so proud of you and happy for you! Here's to a smooth transition to your new life!

Nancy
Unread 12-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #40
Lynmor33

Well went to doctor yesterday and got my script and went to get it filled, NO GO!! I lost my Medicaid with no notice. Im freaking out and stressed the fudge out.
Going to go Monday morning and find out why i lost it. Can only pray that i get it again. Didnt think i should have gotten it in the first place but will have to wait and see.
On top of the stress of closing on a home in another state i now have this to worry about.

Nancy do they still have the here to help program?
Unread 12-10-2016, 06:30 PM   #41
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, do you have any leftover to hold you until you get that straightened out?

Here's some Suboxone info:

Savings card:
http://www.suboxone.com/treatment-pl...FY-EswodNBMKMA

Free Meds:
http://www.needymeds.org/brand-drug/name/Suboxone

Zubsolv savings card:
https://www.zubsolv.com/zubsolv/patient-savings/

Hope that helps. Let us know what happened when you find out.

Nancy
Unread 12-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #42
Lynmor33

Oh yea i have 100 8mg films saved but i wanted alot saved up for my transition to Myrtle Beach. I cant start at two new stores down there sick from having no meds. Not moving until sometime in February.
I looked on the Blue Cross website and it has Sub but needs prior approval.
I really need my Medicaid and praying i will get it back . I dont know if i can get any once i move down to beach.
When stuff like this happens it makes me really stress alot.
Thanks for the info Nancy.

My script cost $1080 plus my other scripts equal around $460 so really hoping this application i put in gets approval and i get my Medicaid back.
Unread 12-12-2016, 06:30 AM   #43
NancyB
Administrator

Good luck with medicaid today Lyndsay. Let me know what happens when you have time.

Check out needymeds.com to see if there's any savings cards for your other meds.
Goodrx.com is another good site to get the best price you on meds and they have coupons you can use too.

I'm glad you've saved up the other films for your move.

Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Nancy
Unread 12-12-2016, 09:53 PM   #44
Lynmor33

So they claim they have no record of me ever getting full coverage Medicaid. Wtf!! Well who paid for my medications and doctors for almost two years people. Tried to tell them over and over and they just said theres no way i can get Medicaid with my income.
I had a feeling i shouldn't have ever gotten it to start with....
I asked is there anything any programs that can help me and Nothing!!!
So i had to sign up for Blue Cross through my employer. Will cost me $70/$80 out of every check. So around $160 a month just for my insurance.
Im not even sure how much it will help with cost.
I asked my doctor to right me the Suboxone Pills because i figured they'd be cheaper. Well that script was $450 so needless to say i didnt buy that one either.
Im so worried about this and i know i need more medication than what i have saved up plus meds to currently take.
I have the human resources department trying to back up my coverage to 12/1 since i lost my Medicaid on 11/19.
Wont know anything until tmrw.

Buying my first home should be the happy time for me but its over shadowed with worries of money for medication.
I swear when i detox this time IM DONE!!!
Unread 12-13-2016, 05:51 AM   #45
NancyB
Administrator

Wow Lyndsay, what messed up system! Can you go to your new insurance's website and look on their formulary to see what they will cover? Did you go to Healthcare.gov to see what the ACA has to offer for you? You have to be careful with some of those plans too by looking at the deductible and formularies. I've seen people paying a low monthly premium, but the deductible and out-of-pocket being $6,000 + a year.

I hope this is resolved so you can enjoy the purchase of your new home!!

Let me know.

Nancy
Unread 12-18-2016, 09:29 AM   #46
Lynmor33

Hi Nancy,
I can only accept coverage through my employer. Stupid rule... So i did end up getting my Blue Cross back tracked to the day i lost Medicaid. I printed temporary card and took that to get my films. Of course i had to wait a day on pre approval. I only paid $25 for my 90 8mg films which is great!!! My deductible is 5k but i had to take what i could get. My office visits are cost$80 so im not sure what they will cost me with my new insurance.
Whats crazy is if you pay cash for your films the script is over 1k but paying with insurance it was only $686. Why would they charge someone with no insurance so much more.
Blue Cross took no time in taking my first $75 payment out of my check.
Well my inspection is getting done on my house Monday and then appraisal is next. Total of $775 for the two.
Well going Christmas shopping today before this new house takes all my money!!!
Unread 12-19-2016, 06:34 AM   #47
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Lyndsay, phew! Glad it worked out with your BC and them making it retroactive. It will be interesting to see what your office visits cost. I really don't understand the whole insurance / non insurance / cash cost of prescriptions.

Good luck with the inspection and appraisal! I hope all goes well for a smooth closing!

Nancy