Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #51
Foogie888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza12 View Post
Hi Foogie,

That's great! Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas to you too.

Best,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth,
I got a problem. I had a root canal done years ago that has gone bad. I now have a cyst behind the tooth that is going to have to be cut out. The doctor stated that I will hate him for a few days after the procedure. My friend had this done and as expected he informed me it is a rough few days after the anesthesia wears off. I can stand pain in many areas but I'm really concerned about this because of the location and what I can stand. I think I'm going to wean off the sub for now and see what I need to do. Only been on sub for exactly one month so I'm curious about any w/d's. Going to get a few Percs just in case the w/d's are all I've read about. Your thoughts?

Thanks
Foogie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2015, 01:28 PM   #52
Eliza12

Hi Todd,

Ouch! I had a similar thing happen some years ago and it was pretty painful. At 3.5mg of sub or so, you should be OK if you stop the sub a couple of days before and take the Percocet after the procedure. If you can, wait until you have it done to take the pain meds. When will you have it? The challenge will be stopping the perc as soon as possible when the pain is manageable. Just set your mind to it, and watch out for thoughts of continuing.

It's too bad this happened so soon after you started sub, but you can successfully manage the pain and then get right back on the program. Keep in touch and good luck! Dental work like that is not fun...

Best,
Elizabeth
Eliza12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2015, 10:58 PM   #53
Foogie888

Quote:
Hi Todd,

Ouch! I had a similar thing happen some years ago and it was pretty painful. At 3.5mg of sub or so, you should be OK if you stop the sub a couple of days before and take the Percocet after the procedure. If you can, wait until you have it done to take the pain meds. When will you have it? The challenge will be stopping the perc as soon as possible when the pain is manageable. Just set your mind to it, and watch out for thoughts of continuing.

It's too bad this happened so soon after you started sub, but you can successfully manage the pain and then get right back on the program. Keep in touch and good luck! Dental work like that is not fun...

Best,
Elizabeth
Yeah I am just sick! I am scheduling the procedure in mid January. Will start weaning off the sub in the next few days. I want as such sub out my system as possible before the date of the surgery so the prec will have some effect. I've been reading for days about switching back to op from Bupe. I'm not a whinny type but he said this is very uncomfortable procedure with bleeding possible up to 2-3 days afterwards. Overall all however I'm still very encouraged what I've accomplished the last month and now I know I can get off these things. Also want to lower the sub dose when I get back on. This is some powerful stuff and frankly it scares me a little after all I've been reading as of late. Don't get me wrong it's so much better than the Percs. I'm grateful !

Thank you
Unread 01-10-2016, 04:29 PM   #54
Eliza12

Hi Foogie,

How are you doing? Did you schedule your dental work? Just thinking about you and hoping you are still on the road to recovery.

Best,
Elizabeth
Unread 01-21-2016, 11:09 AM   #55
MattC42286

Hi fooggie888! I recommend suboxone 100%! It will definatelt improve life and the quality of it! Thanks andGod bess!! -Matt
MattC42286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #56
jw

Smile Recovery

Recovery is a long road,but if you really genuinely want it,you can get there. This medicine has worked wonders for me and changed my life.

Last edited by jw; 01-23-2016 at 03:57 PM..
jw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2016, 11:45 PM   #57
Foogie888

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw View Post
Recovery is a long road,but if you really genuinely want it,you can get there. This medicine has worked wonders for me and changed my life.
Got sidetracked. Good off Sub so starting over when Im committed. That oral surgery was pure agony!
Unread 02-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #58
Eliza12

Hi Foogie,

Glad to see you post. Hope the worst is over with the dental surgery. Good for you for getting going again with Sub. Stay in touch, so we can support you.

Best,
Elizabeth
Unread 05-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #59
Foogie888

Quote:
Hi Foogie,

Glad to see you post. Hope the worst is over with the dental surgery. Good for you for getting going again with Sub. Stay in touch, so we can support you.

Best,
Elizabeth
Hi Eliza,
Well Imback after months of not posting. I still have half my original script from my initial appointment. After oral surgery I had a follow up with doctor for urinalysis. Well I got my EOB'S back a few months ago and they billed my insurance over $6500. That feels like this is nothing more than a rip off. Make matters worse is that I am a fairly private person. Even though I went to the doctor over 90 miles away from my home there were people in the waiting room close to my hometown. I cannot go to a treatment center with 25 other people in the room. I'm an elected official and needless to say this is not something I'm not comfortable with. So I guess I'm going to start over.