Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-30-2009, 08:11 AM   #51
toboat777

Good Morning Coffee Lovers !

Its a Tuesday morning and all is well slept like a rock i have already had 1 cup of Joe and my eyes are open now how is everyone i hope well (note to OMike) yes i leave very early big Mike as you know we are in a heavy heat wave and 6-12 is our best productive times after 12 it slows to a crawl, Well its just Kevin & I and that is fine as we are wrapping up final details on the construction of this Steel Bldg, things are quiet and calm at
the site we got the roll up door yesterday all 700 pounds of to go 12 feet in the air so we will rent a gene lift to support it anyway enough of that.

Well today i go to a second sub doctor as to be able to see a therapist this is the protocol this clinic does to see this guy i really hope it works out and he is worth it i am running out of options as the next step is to drive 70 miles round trip to get to one who knows something about addiction and sub it would be fine if they were not up on sub but i just want to be safe and work the counseling down to a (T) well all i believe i
will get me another cup and wait for others to arrive.

Thanks for having me Mike take care all and have a great day in recovery.

Tony
toboat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #52
flier1

Good Morning Everyone

Hope today is a great day, did you know that smiles are contagious? So smile at someone today and see what I mean.

I was outside yesterday and am having real problems with barn swallow birds, I step out of the house and get as far to my car and about 20 come out of the barn and start diving at me this has been happening for about 2 weeks now and it is just me, I don't know what they are attracted to unless its the color of my hair and they want it for their nest LOL. If I walk out with someone or if their is people outside they fly around but if it is just me they try to attack, it is scary. Danny said that all of the nest in the barn has babies in them but he is out in the barn more than I am so I am stumped.

Danny was out yesterday fixing my daughters brake lines in her car and I was out pulling weeds in my flower garden and my daughters boyfriend came out and quietly told me to take the dog in the house so I got him in the house and I cam back out and I asked him why and he said that there was a skunk between my car and his so we stood there and watched the little guy finally he went into the field but if the dog would have seen him I think we would have been taking baths in tomato juice.

It is fun living out in the country as long as you don't run into skunks or you can outrun the birds. Today I just want to have a good day and smile.
flier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 08:31 AM   #53
OhioMike

Hey Tony, best of luck with the new Sub doctor and guess what, I go to a new one today as well. In fact, I forgot about it until I read your Good Morning Post! LOL

Tony my friend you guys are moving right along on that building! Good for you!

Hey it sounds like you may be on the right track with a sub program which requires therapy and has someone built into it to work with. Just remember, you are there to learn from them, so like with all of it, take what you need and leave the rest.

Tommy, I hope that jackhammer in your head eases up and coffee will be on here whenever your ready for it. Do something good for yourself today Tommy.

Come on everyone, git up, git'er going and have a GREAT day!

Mike

Good Morning Helen!

Oh man, Helen, see those birds are attracted to your motherly ways and caring heart. They will feel safer with your strands of hair in their nests, with their young! Maybe you should put on a hat and see what happens! LOL

Oh no a Skunk, boy it's good that he saw it before the dog did or you might have had one stinky dog to clean up! Whew, when I was in scouts one night we took one of the younger kids, tied him up in a sleeping bag, hung him from a tree poured honey and laid food out under him, as he was about a foot off the ground. He got sprayed good! LOL

I envy you Helen living in the country, so much more peaceful.

Mike
Unread 06-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #54
Sam Bailey

Good Morning Folks,

The way MY morning is starting, I might need to mainline OMike's coffee to get my bad-self going. Sorry. Inappropriate drug humor, I know.

Second apology: This is about to get disgusting.

I mentioned last week that I went to my primary doc to have her look at this peculiar growth on my back. No big deal, so I hoped. Well, it wasn't a big deal. It was, though, a freakin boil! Jes-us! I've never had a boil before, but now I can tell all 'y'all: They hurt like hell...and they're damned disgusting! Ha!

So this morning I'm due back in the doc's office to have her lance the yucky thing. So, to quote one brilliant mind: "And that's all I have to say about that"---F. Gump.

Google "boil" if you, like, really want to be grossed out.

Oh man.

Truth is, I'm very thankful it's JUST a boil...and not, well---you know, something else.

Tomorrow morning is my (double) knee surgery. That doc is going to clean out a bunch of debris and repair both torn meniscus.

Now, heads-up, folks.

I came home yesterday, from my "pre op" conference with him, with 50 Lortab, 10/500. Yep, 50 of 'em. First time in a long, long, long-ass time I've had any dope in the house. And now? Now Mrs. Sam is guarding that stuff like it's...like it's a safe zone in Iraq...or something.

As I was saying to OMike the other day, I asked myself: Do I actually believe I CAN'T handle having those drugs in the house? My answer: Yep, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying! Ha!!

Nah, (very) seriously, I actually think I COULD handle those pills without supervision. Yeah, I believe I could...but I don't need to. So why, I've concluded, do I even need to "test" myself? IF those pills are really not that big of a deal, why MAKE them a big deal...by testing myself? So, no, I WON'T give them any more power than they might otherwise have over me. Right now, they're on Mrs. Sam's side of the medicine cabinet...and that's where they'll stay until a few hours post-op, come tomorrow.

Of course, if I turned out the bathroom light, walked reallll quietly, on my tippy-toes and just removed a couple... Ha! Just more dumb-ass (inappropriate) drug humor!

Oh, for the record (I think I've also mentioned this previously): I believe that, for me, certainly, it was vital that I TELL everyone in my life about this knee operation. Specifically about the pills. "Building fences," it's called. So I've told Mrs. Sam, Sam Jr (my son) as well as all my friends 'n neighbors in my morning Breakfast Club Meeting.

OK, MY coffee is ready...and I'm a'pourin' it!

best,

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #55
NancyB
Administrator

Good luck with your knee surgery tomorrow Sam. Let us know how it goes when you're up to it.

Will be thinking of you.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #56
OhioMike

LOL ........... sorry to chuckle Sam!

Sam, the boil is nasty, but, your blessed, as you know, that it is only a boil.

Your knee operations are also a blessing, as after therapy your going to feel great.

Ah but the pain pills, those little dots of wonder and magic! Let Mrs. Sam control them and each time you have to take one celebrate your control over it. Celebrate the fact that you can now be normal, treat the ailment and then move on enjoying a healthy and happy life in recovery!

Sam, you will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Please check in as soon as you feel up to it. You have inspired and helped so many, we are here for you!

Mike

hahaha oh man, I have to share this, this is priceless.

I just searched "lace a boil pictures"................

on the first page of pictures was a picture of Obama and one of Hillary!

LOLOLOLOL oh God, I just peed myself. hahahahahaha

priceless, truly priceless!

http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=la...&icid=snap-pic
Unread 06-30-2009, 10:22 AM   #57
gotitang

Gooooodmorning everyone!
Can't stay long I have to be at the shop early cause my main man is gone! But......had to stop by for coffee......OH no I drink coffee....but I stopped by for a donut......Oh no....I said I wasn't going to eat a donut cause of this gaining weight from not smoking thing! SOOOOOOOOO crap....I guess I just stopped by for YOU GUYS.....geezeeeee I should have just said that all along! I like seeing you guys! Great way to start a day!
Omike how was your lunch date? Good times?
Blonde4540 welcome to our cluch! Stop in every morning with a question or two! We need you to stay sober! You'll understand later! wink
Tony.....Dam was it hot enough for you yesterday? This heat wave is killing me! Thank God for swimming pools! I got home from work and 3 of my AA friends were over floating in my pool! Crap the water was like a bath tub! I couldn't believe it!
Sam.....How the heck are ya this morning! Its good to have you back!

I just want to put out there that I am NOT happy with all this weight that guitting smoking has put on me again! My feet are killing me! And then when I put on a bathing suit yesterday I thought........hmmmm okay...I like this top half thing alot! (wink...you guys know what I mean) But....from the waste down this is getting bad! Big butt bertha is coming to mind! This exercising thing better start kicking in soon or I am stuck NOT going anywhere this summer! yikes!
Hey I gotta get in the shower guys! Work Work WOrk....Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!
Later!

Last edited by gotitang; 06-30-2009 at 10:25 AM..
gotitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #58
dawnny

did anybody start the coffee yet. i dont think so. well ill start the coffee. im making a big pot of hazelnut coffee with heavy cream, and if you want a lot of sugar, or equal. i got up late today, i thought someone would of been here already. i am so so so sore from my softball game last night. well i had a great time with my friend yesterday, it was good seeing her. i new her since i was 13. shes a really nice person. she bought me a book she wanted me to read, it was THE TALE OF DESPEREANX by kate dicamillo. she wanted me to read it. shes a teacher for 3rd and 4th graders in denver colorado. i wish she lived near me. well i have to go over my customers and think of ideas to get more customers to comein, its been very slow. i guess its summer and everybody is on vacation. well im gona take mikes advise again, think positively, and get through the day, with all that junk hanging around my neck. if you know what i mean. everybody have a nice day and enjoy the coffee. dawnny

oh i wen t bowling to yesterday, my friend paid, i felt bad about that. but i beat everybody. im turning into a sports person. but having fun!!
dawnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #59
OhioMike

Thumbs up

06-30-2009, 06:45 AM

Well .......... Goooood Tuesday Morning AS Family!

The coffee is brewing and ok, I broke down and broke out some donuts. Come on in, get comfy and help yourself!

hehehe ........... Dawny, I don't think you scrolled up far enough, I snuck in at 6:45 and got things started! lol

However, Hazelnut sounds GREAT, so I'm in for another cup!

So Tang ............... Hmmm ................. get swimming and waking, that will help the lower half of the swim suit!

Baby Ruth, Slugger ................. now it's Strike, all pins down! Wow, your really doing it up right, good for you, this is GREAT!

I hope you both have a really good day!

Mike
Thank You (02-01-2011)
Unread 07-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #60
OhioMike

Good Hump Day Morning Addiction Surviving Gang!

The coffee is ready, the donuts are "over there" and Yang, if you make it in this morning there is low fat milk and fruit for you!

Folks, I got up early with the dog, but, I just couldn't hang and I hit the recliner. Rain has that effect on me!

Well I visited my new Sub doctor yesterday and I kinda like her. I think she is going to be OK. I mean she gets it, this recovery stuff. She also chatted with me about my health in general, we talked a lot about Sub, Sub doctors and what can be done to help people have good experiences.

I was also very pleased with her staff. The nurse was a pleasure and very kind.

So we have found another good doctor here locally to send people to.

Well BRB, as I have to tend to the dog, visit the BIG boys room and phone my lovely wife.

Everything is ready come on in and get comfy!

Mike
Unread 07-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #61
gotitang

OMike............thats soooooooo thoughtful of you to bring me special items because of my hhhhhmmmmm handicap! wink...lol btw smart ass comes to mind! wink And is that a typo or has new new fat name changed to YANG? lol you are just too much! smiling!
Hey Tony.....jump in and protect me here will you? pleassssssssssse!

I want you guys to know that today.......is 90 days NO SMOKING! yeaaaaaaaaa I am soooooooo glad to be over that habit! Something wierd is happening to my body though! I am not sure if it is related to not smoking, suboxone, that surgery I had or what and am afraid to go to the Dr.
I thought my feet were just sore from this wieght that I gained so quickly....have I mentioned I topped the scale at 155.8lbs ......but it seems to be more than that! I now have adema...and I haven't slept well in a few days cause my legs are just burning....this is so wierd and is getting painful! I am going to call the Dr. today and see if I can get an appointment! I'm getting nervous about it! I'll keep you guys posted!
Anyway .....Thats about all this morning.....Thanks for the EXTRA goodies.....makes me feel special! And one of these days I'm gonna beat Omike in and make the coffee and shock everyone! He is quick though!
Unread 07-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #62
OhioMike

Smile

Good morning Tang!

LOL .................. yes, yes, the breakfast club will cater to your um, handicap! hehe

Hey, about your feet , please see if your Sub doctor will switch you ti Tex, instead of Suboxone! That may help and certainly cannot hurt. I don't know the relation Suboxone has to swelling or to the extent and I feel it varies from person to person, but, I feel there is some connection. Of course many never have a problem with this. Also your added weight is not helping and can also be playing a role in it.

Elevation when relaxing, lots of walking and tight stockings up to the knee when at home will help. Please don't assume the worse, as it is most likely something you can treat medically and in time correct.

Hey Tang, have a good day today and do something special for yourself!

Mike
Unread 07-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #63
gotitang

Omike......do you think that after all these years (almost 2) that just NOW I am having a re-action to Suboxone? I am on such a little dose! I take slivers....

I'm thinking it may be more related to the surgery 3 weeks ago! But, I'm not sure how! Having my bladder in a hammock maybe could pinch something off and cause my kidneys to process differently! don't bad kidneys have an adema side effect? Or heart problems? For this to be just weight is alittle wierd! I mean swelling from being on my feet too long is one thing! This is like you can push your finger on my cankles and the mark doesn't bounce back! And whats the burning about?
GEEZE>>>>>I gotta just call the Dr.
I hate health problems!
Thanks for ah....my......needing special attention at this coffee meeting! wink I appreciate you sparing no expense to help my movement! wink lol
Unread 07-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #64
OhioMike

Tang, I'm sorry I offered that without stopping to think about the size of your Sub dose and time on.

I do understand how you feel though, as I experience the same thing. Cankles lol, sorry I still like that term.

The burning may be from the skin stretching out and braking down. I'm not familiar with the surgery or how that could effect this, but, you seem to understand it better, please check with the doctor right away. Just please don't get yourself stressed about it being something bad and when I say that, I mean organ function from disease.

Also you know we can develop deep vein issues which cannot be detected from the visual inspection, that is how mine began. Nevertheless, please try the suggestions I shared on helping to control it, they have helped me.

Oh and a BIG ........... WAY TO GO, on the 90 days without tobacco! That is so great. I want to stop myself, but, honestly, I enjoy smoking my cigars and I just don't think I can stop the cigs and not the cigars. lol

Mike
Unread 07-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #65
So.Cal.

OhioMike Senior MemberTommy, I hope that jackhammer in your head eases up and coffee will be on here whenever your ready for it. Do something good for yourself today Tommy. Come on everyone, git up, git'er going and have a GREAT day!Mike__________________My Story..... http://www.naabt.org/mike/ Good mmornig everyone,,I didnt resond yedterday cause i was too sick, ,,but dont feel sorry for me czuse i brought it on myself. (xanax),,in a way it made me feel lke when i first started sub,,,,big difference being i could get high on th xanax,,and up until this point have never taken them correctly,,,so at one point i would run out and most of us have been there, I just type this as a reminder in case your MD, pschch,,or whatever thinks it mat be a good drug for you, Maybe in some extreme cases it is,,but in my case ive managed all my life to deal with deprresion ,,angiety attacks and all that w/o having to take a xanax. At least with sub i dont get high and and i keep my old behavior in check,,,but cant quite accomplish this on z's. Im in a really bad place because of these. Yesterday the family came down with their boat ,,the lake,,bbq and all that. But i had an excuse for not going,,i had some work to do and it needs to be done(ood jobs to pay for braces),,turns out thasy didnt happen,,but even if it did i was too freakin sick(wd's from xanax) to even be with my family, Sound familar to anyone? Well,,,it will be over soon,,I just picked up what i thiunk wiill be my last refill. He only writes for one week cause he knows i have abused them in the past so he give me 14 pills a week. So this is do or die for me. One good thing is my tolerence is up there so high that i could take all 14 and not get a buzz, but it still gives me the feeling of no stress and life is so much easier! Anyway,,today i took the gegular dose,,2mgs a day,,and starting tommarrow im going to 1mg a day then the remainder im cutting in half just to keep the wd's away. Then when they're gone,,im done and im just gonna have to be sick for awhile. Couldnt have come at a worse time,,we bought a home and have all the moving and stuff. But i liked what you wrote Mike,,its all about what im "doing" today and the thoughts of a futue.anyway,thanks,Tattoo Tommy
So.Cal. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #66
gotitang

Just an update! I have a Drs. Appointment at 2;30 today! Everyone is just concerned so I said okay! I'll go! Funny thing is and this alwasy happens......I look down to see what they look like and this afternoon they don't look as bad! This is like a car! You bring it to the shop and whatever was wrong doesn't do it again!
But....I'm going anyway! Not being able to sleep last night tipped the scale to the Dr. side! No pun intended! ha
Unread 07-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #67
Sam Bailey

Hey Folks,

Good morning...afternoon, actually.

First: Ang, it's good (and right) that you're taking yourself to the doctor. No matter what it is (and it's probably nothing-much to worry about), it's ALWAYS best to know what is/is not on our respective plates.

So, go---then come home with a clean, uh...plate!

OK: That's about it for me, for now. Still a little goofy from my surgery this morning...and still, I'm sure, have plenty of drugs coursing through my ol system. I've been home for about 4 hours.

Mrs. Sam handed me my first (and, so far, only) pain meds about 2 hours ago...exactly the dose prescribed by my surgeon. Folks, I gotta say, even now, after such a (relatively) long time sans dope, it's past-bizarro to actually take those pills "as prescribed." Yet, this is exactly what I'm doing! Well, what I've DONE, since I've taken just that one dose.

It goes like this, 1 pill every 4 hours...or, hmmm, maybe he actually meant 4 pills every 1 hour? Ha! OK, OK: More inappropriate drug humor!

Thanks (again) for all your concern, and support. While such back-up is often hard to find, I know that I can always find it here.

Later, friends 'n neighbors.

sam b
Unread 07-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #68
OhioMike

Cool

Hey Tang, thinking about you! Please let us know what the doctors says about your cankles!

Sam, Hmmm ............. I always enjoyed the "or as needed" declaration on my prescriptions! hahaha

Glad your home and resting Sam, tell us, are the doctors pleased with the results?

Tommy, I know it's hard to get going feeling like that, but try to get up and get out some each day.

Mike
Unread 07-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #69
Sam Bailey

Hey OMike,

"Are the doctors pleased with the results?" you ask. Too early to tell, for certain, that is. The actual operation went quite well, so said the surgeon, though he did find "quite a lot of arthritis" in both knees.

Damn! So NOT a good thing. However, he repaired both meniscus tears, and "cleaned out" a buncha other stuff. Blah blah blah.

I'll know more next Monday, when I report back to him for my first post-op check up. Big thanks for asking.

By the way, the dealeo with the boil (lancing that way-bad-disgusting-thing!) was freakin' WORSE than this morning's operation. Of course, I wasn't unconscious yesterday...as I was this morning. But, damn! That "lancing and packing (etc)" really 'n truly hurt like hell!

Ha! What a wuss ol Sam is!

OK...back to my couch and my ice packs.

later,

sam b
Unread 07-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #70
toboat777

Good Afternoon Morning thread

Sorry i couldent get here dismorning but ill be back in the morning.

Tony

Oh Shoot Sam !

Sorry ! ! !

Hey glad you are doing ok hope you get back on your feet soon.

Tony.
Unread 07-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #71
OhioMike

Smile

Hey tony, since you were MIA this morning and not offering up a good excuse, you owe us some special goodies in the morning! LOL

I wouldn't mind some pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream!

Sam, thanks as that is what I was asking, if the surgeon was pleased with his end product on the job he did. Hopefully recovery will do well and you will up and dancing in no time!

I drive to the lake tomorrow to pick the kid up from boot camp, so my short vacation from being Mr. Mom is over, more on that in the morning. LOL

Mike
Unread 07-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #72
toboat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMike View Post
Hey tony, since you were MIA this morning and not offering up a good excuse, you owe us some special goodies in the morning! LOL

I wouldn't mind some pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream!

Sam, thanks as that is what I was asking, if the surgeon was pleased with his end product on the job he did. Hopefully recovery will do well and you will up and dancing in no time!

I drive to the lake tomorrow to pick the kid up from boot camp, so my short vacation from being Mr. Mom is over, more on that in the morning. LOL

Mike
Mike i also owe you an explanation i have not been able to get you more pictures i will i promise i am off tomorrow due to a order not coming in so i will be in touch have a safe trip up to the great lakes.

Tony
Unread 07-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #73
OhioMike

Smile

Hey Addiction Survivors, Good Thursday Morning!

Hi everyone, OK come on, git up, git up ............ coffee is ready, Tang, Hmmm .......... how about some juice and sugar free brownies this morning? LOL

Be back shortly gang, still getting up here, but, if I miss you, have a GREAT day and do something special for yourself today!

Mike
Unread 07-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #74
Sam Bailey

Morning Folks,

Oh man, what in hades did those docs put in that medicine yesterday!? During my double-knee operation, I'm referring to. As noted, ol Sam must be quite the wuss!

Nah, I realize it was a pretty big dealeo. Not serious. But (still) surgery. Whatever that "dope" was, it played hell with my dreams last night. Weird stuff. Say, are docs using LSD for anesthesia these days? Ha!

Anyway. Enough about my stupid ol operation. I'm sounding like one of those old guys sitting around the cracker barrel showing off his scars, comparing medications. Wait! I AM one of those old men! Would you believe...aging?

As I said one time in another post: I just turned 60, but no problem...you do know, of course, that 60 is the new 59.

Thanks Tony for the kind thoughts. Yeah, this arthritis thing blows. No doubt. But truth is, I'm otherwise a very healthy man. Thank God. Amazing fact after all the freakin abuse I did to myself, and for so many years.

OK, folks. Since I can't sleep...hand me the coffee! And Tony, I'll take one of those delicious apple fritters!

OMike? Have a great, and safe, trip picking up your boy. That's a real cool thing all the way around.

best,

sam
Unread 07-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #75
dawnny

good morning everybody it is thursday july 2. i put the coffee on. help yourself. there is some jelly donuts too and some strawberries. well i had my 2nd game we didnt do as well as mondays game. we all need work in the outfieild. but nobody wants to practice, so i do with my daughter. I was so sore my legs didnt want to move. we have a game monday and thats the team thats a bunch of mean women. they are gona kill us. i dont like the coach of our team much. right when i got there she said your starting pitcher. what would it of taken for her to call me the day b-4 , so i could of practiced, i pitch 2 innings, at the end i started walking people, my wrist was turning so i told her to put someone else on. she doesnt say anything hi, or good hit, or anything. oh well whats ya gona do. thats the least of my worries, ill just make beleive the balls her head when im hitting. ha ha!I heard from the governor on my mortgage, I have to do a couple of things to send him. I dont know if its gona help or not, Im still awaiting senators reply. the mortgage company is calling me like crazy. my positive thing today is I am busy in my salon finally. So I am looking forward to that. My daughters going swimming with a friend thank god because she says shes bored all day. Well Ill keep trucking along. everybody have a good day in recovery. good luck to everybody!
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #76
OhioMike

Smile

OK, well I am human now.

Sam, Sam what are we going to do with you? LSD dreams? Whew, enjoy it! LOL

Sam, congratulations on being able to control your surgery recovery and the pain management. My friend that should make you feel pretty good inside and it is certainly inspiring and motivating for me!

Good Morning Dawn, hey sorry about the game and the sore legs. I'm proud of ya sore legs and all, your getting out and being active and that is so important. I hope that you can get something worked out on the mortgage, I know some are getting help, I hope your one of them!

Glad to hear the salon is busy that always helps and is a huge plus in keeping you positive.

Well yes I get to go pick up my little buddy today and attend boot camp graduation. Also today my MIL, the ole bitch is having her arm and shoulder put back together, so please keep the old bat in your prayers. She is a mess, but, she is my mess and I love her! God I hope she never reads this!

Today for recovery, well I get to humble myself and offer a heartfelt apology to someone I hurt yesterday. It wasn't intended, but, my smart-ass ways put my foot in my mouth . Gee, can you imagine me ever doing that! LOL

Anyway, that is a big part of my recovery, not letting things like that pass and taking care of them right away when needed. During active addiction I would have cared less.

I have two special things to share this morning, the first is from shopping on Craigs List. hehehe

http://columbus.craigslist.org/for/1245024803.html

The second is well, a good thought to begin the day with ............

Night has ended for another day, morning has come in a special way.
May U smile like the sunny rays and leaves your worries at the blue blue bay.

Hey everyone, we are in recovery, enjoy it, celebrate it and be good to yourself today!

Mike
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #77
gotitang

GOOOD Moooorning everyone...... hmmmmmmmmm I'm running alittle slow this morning! ANDDDDDDDDD NO.....Omike it is NOT okay that I have some JUICE and sugar free brownies! I want that donut over there cover in sugar! AND a great big coke this morning! wink
Sooooooooo I go to the Drs. yesterday and first thing out of his mouth is YOU look great! I saw you walking from the parking lot and youv'e done something different!
HA....yes....yes I have. You boys are funny! Put some poundage on a womens breast and you guys all the sudden think WOW she looks great! lol I can't tell you how many comments on how great I look that I am getting from men! Weight goes to the top and bottom of me. So even though I am having a really tough time with the cankles everything is looking great! So anyway.....heres the Drs. opinion! Lab work and then a dieritic (sp) Says that since I have gained the weight so fast from not smoking that it is probably that causing it! He gave me a website to go to to get some weight loss ideas that are life changing not dieting! Which he doesn't believe works! I said this is going to be tough because I have NEVER had to lose weight my whole life! His response was IF you could quit smoking cold turkey you can do anything! Great job!
I'm not so sure but I'm going with his plan! And the website! Hope it works!

Omike.....your sons coming home already? WOW that went by quick! Are you excited? Have you talked to him since he has been gone? And ...... how did playing Mr. Mom work out! I started to giggle when you said that and thought about that movie Mrs. Doubtfire......remember when (ohhhhhhhh the guy that played in Mork and Mindy .....crap I can't remember his name now....you know who he is right!) anyway the movie was so funny! I was thinking was this a week of dress up for you! wink!!!! Come on......Tell us all about it!!!! We can keeep secrets here! wink

And Sam......wow...ouch....how are you this morning? You okay! What kind of donut you want....I'll go get it for you! Just sit back relax.....I got it! And coffee? Black? okay, okay.......whatever you want! NOW .......lets see? Are you able to put any wieght on those knees yet? You had both done at the same time? Dam they are miracle workers today! And yes that stuff they put us out with is a trip! 3 weeks ago I had a surgery and lots of wierd dreams that next night! Pretty graphic! I liked it! Colors, and odd behaviors in the dream.
Anyway.....I sure hope your okay this morning! Be careful with those pain pills. I only had to take 10 in 3 days! WOW can you believe that coming from me? I was impressed! Hang in there and do what the Dr. says!

Tony.....hey you okay? Working in this heat has to be killing you! Man its been HOT here in Cally! You okay!

Well hope everyone has a great day! Thanks for the donut......ah I mean 2 donuts.....shhhhhhhhhh don't tell . wink
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #78
gotitang

I must have been writing at the same time as Dawnny! Morning Dawnny! Glad you stopped by! I'm really impressed with you playing ball! It is so cool to get out and do things again once we are in recovery! I dropped alot of things while I was out there loaded! Recovery turns out to be alot more fun! Believe it or not I can do ALL the things I did when I was younger! Even Flips on a trampoline! At 47! Pretty darn cool! Sooooo BIG KUDOS for getting back into playing ball!
About the house thing! It is there job to harrass you and call all the time! Remember they are just 8 dollar and hour employees doing there job! Don't let it get you down! Be nice and remember you do NOT have to answer the phone everyday! I finally said to one of them this::::: LISTEN THIS IS BOARDING ON HARRASSMENT! If I have a breakdown from your harrassing calls NO ONE WILL GET ANY MONEY and I will sue your company for harasment! THAT stopped them cold! They started apoligizing to me and said they would back off and put that down in there notes! They also said that I had the right to stop ALL the phone calls and have them contact me ONLY by mail if I wanted to do that! SO see if that is available to you! Oaky! I didn't want to be contacted by mail I just wanted for them to stop calling every other day! My financies didn't change from one day to the next! wink....Hang in there! And here's another tip! Here in California what they have to do is get your house payment down to 38% of your income! So do not take there first offer. I know this is scarey! BUT....believe me! They do not want to own your house! SELLING an empty property is difficult! SO before they even get to that point they will make deals and deals with you! Right up to the moment they say "IF we do not get any money by ....... Then the house will go on auction at blank blank day and time!" There are many negoiations before that! MANY! It will NOT be a surprize when they get that auction date! SO don't think they are going to march over and just kick you out of your house! They won't! Okay! FEAR is what you are having! Just treat these bank people with respect! Be very honest with them on your financil situation and they will work with you! I promise! AND remember this.......If GOD closes that door (the house and you have to move) then God will open something BETTER for you later down the road! You may not see it right this mnute BUT it will BE BETTER than you think! That is also a promise! TRUST and stay in the footwork! DON'T let FEAR make you make bad choices! REMEMBER we are going through this together! I'm still in my house and it has been a year and a half that I have been negoiating with the bank!
Have a good day! okay! BIG HUGS.
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #79
OhioMike

Thumbs up

LOL Tang, your killing me over her! hahaha

I'm going to share something and I hope it stands and is not edited out, but, we will see. Every now and then I go to the OBGYN with my wife and whenever we go to the doctors with the other, we always go in the examining room with each other. In fact, this actually happens often. So, we always laugh about this doctor because he always tells my wife that she "smalls nice" LOL .............. anyway, the first time I met him, some years ago during a regular exam, he didn't say that to her. So I got curious and said hey doc, what's wrong with my wife today? He seemed puzzled and said well what's up, you always tell her how nice she smells, doesn't she stink today? hahahaha ............ well he was left speechless and before he could gather his thoughts I said, oh, oh, I get it doc, your just being shy because I'm here. LOL

So Tang, seems that gaining a little weight isn't all bad, eh?

Hey, I'm glad he doesn't feel it is anything serious and he is spot on about the weight deal and diets. Life changing is where it's at. You can do it and I'll bet you will find it's not all that bad .............. now put that donut down!!!!!

Mr. Mom? LOL ............. I have been Mr. Mom every summer for the past 5 years and I have already given up that I read Women's World and you want more from me? oh your tough, Hmmm ............ I'm gonna have to think about this, I can't give away all of my secrets.

No, no calls from Boot Camp, it is total military lock down, so no phone calls. They do post pictures from the week on a web site and update them daily, so we have seen him in action. They even posted pictures of him learning how to organize a closet and make his bed, military style, so my wife and I are really excited about that. Hell, that makes the entire week worth it. LOL

http://firelandsnscc.org/ctc/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6

Yeah I miss the little shit and it will be good to have him home!

Tang can you please share the web site your doctor gave you? It may help me as well.

Mike
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #80
toboat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitang View Post
GOOOD Moooorning everyone...... hmmmmmmmmm I'm running alittle slow this morning! ANDDDDDDDDD NO.....Omike it is NOT okay that I have some JUICE and sugar free brownies! I want that donut over there cover in sugar! AND a great big coke this morning! wink
Sooooooooo I go to the Drs. yesterday and first thing out of his mouth is YOU look great! I saw you walking from the parking lot and youv'e done something different!
HA....yes....yes I have. You boys are funny! Put some poundage on a womens breast and you guys all the sudden think WOW she looks great! lol I can't tell you how many comments on how great I look that I am getting from men! Weight goes to the top and bottom of me. So even though I am having a really tough time with the cankles everything is looking great! So anyway.....heres the Drs. opinion! Lab work and then a dieritic (sp) Says that since I have gained the weight so fast from not smoking that it is probably that causing it! He gave me a website to go to to get some weight loss ideas that are life changing not dieting! Which he doesn't believe works! I said this is going to be tough because I have NEVER had to lose weight my whole life! His response was IF you could quit smoking cold turkey you can do anything! Great job!
I'm not so sure but I'm going with his plan! And the website! Hope it works!

Omike.....your sons coming home already? WOW that went by quick! Are you excited? Have you talked to him since he has been gone? And ...... how did playing Mr. Mom work out! I started to giggle when you said that and thought about that movie Mrs. Doubtfire......remember when (ohhhhhhhh the guy that played in Mork and Mindy .....crap I can't remember his name now....you know who he is right!) anyway the movie was so funny! I was thinking was this a week of dress up for you! wink!!!! Come on......Tell us all about it!!!! We can keeep secrets here! wink

And Sam......wow...ouch....how are you this morning? You okay! What kind of donut you want....I'll go get it for you! Just sit back relax.....I got it! And coffee? Black? okay, okay.......whatever you want! NOW .......lets see? Are you able to put any wieght on those knees yet? You had both done at the same time? Dam they are miracle workers today! And yes that stuff they put us out with is a trip! 3 weeks ago I had a surgery and lots of wierd dreams that next night! Pretty graphic! I liked it! Colors, and odd behaviors in the dream.
Anyway.....I sure hope your okay this morning! Be careful with those pain pills. I only had to take 10 in 3 days! WOW can you believe that coming from me? I was impressed! Hang in there and do what the Dr. says!

Tony.....hey you okay? Working in this heat has to be killing you! Man its been HOT here in Cally! You okay!

Well hope everyone has a great day! Thanks for the donut......ah I mean 2 donuts.....shhhhhhhhhh don't tell . wink
Hey there Tang yes it has been a challenge but i did it the day it hit 109 was the tuff one head aches and all Sub paints a different picture on the heat compared to Hydros but the Sub is worth every head ach compared to that hydro crap,
how are you has the swelling gone down for you ? My (D) gets swelled up in the heat and sitting at work all day that worries me of course im the worry wort. LOL Thank you for asking take care of your self as well Tang
Your to the north chatter, ........... Tony
Unread 07-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #81
dawnny

hey everybody, mike whos feelings did you hurt? what did you do? well at least you realized it, and you are gona appoligize. well my customer forgot her appt. i booked it for 2 1/2 hours cause i had to do full head foils, great I really could of used the money. oh well. tang thanks for the advise. should I answer the phone cause i never do? I hate talking to them because they arent nice to me. I have wrote letters after letters asking for help, and they refused to do anything for me. i keep hearing banks work with people, well not me, they dont want to help me at all. Im still waiting for an answer from the bankers commission and the senator boxer. I hope they can help. it is very stressful. anyway you quit smoking cold turkey. how did you do it. i smoke almost 2 packs a day, i want to start cutting down. let me know how you started doing it. I know i would gain weight, but everybody in my family wants me to quit. my mom had emphazema, she was on oxygen 24/7, but she use to take the oxygen off and light up, its insane, and i seen how she coulnt breathe, and i still havnt quit. I enjoy smoking, sounds sick but i do, but i dont enjoy it when im running for the bases huffing and puffing. sunny rae needs to lose weight to maybe you can share whatever site you have to her. shes having a hard time. well thanks everybody for the help on the house i appreciate it. and i am enjoying softball so much im really happy with that, anybody have any tips playing on the outfield? I need it. I played 3rd base and pitcher, and center field. yesterday a high pop came my way thought i had it sun was in my eyes it touched my glove but dropped it, i was so so mad. oh well. everybody have a great day dawnny
Unread 07-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #82
dawnny

oh mike, you remember you said you would share your story maybe it would help me, well i will take you up on that just ask nancy for my email. and that was funny at the gyno's office. thats really personal. your wife would kill you if she knew you told us, beleive me im a women. i remember after i had my daughter, it was a terrible labor, it was 28 hours long, 3 hours pushing with no meds. she just didnt want to come out. then my daughter had a cerebral hemridge 12 hours after. they should of did a c section. but anyway when i went to the gyno after my delivery i said to the docter "come on Im ready I slid all the way down" I wasnt embarassed anymore because what i went through in the delivery room. He looked at me in amazment because I was so ready and not embarrassed. It was funny his exspression on his face.
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #83
OhioMike

haha ........ you caught that doctor off guard!

.........& My wife knows I tell that story! LOL

We have a lot of hmmmm, steamy doctor office stories. Be it her doctors office or mine! lol
Unread 07-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #84
nan

Good morning to you all! I cannot believe that I am the first one up today! Everybody sleepin' in on a holiday Friday? Since I am the first one today, I made up a breakfast casserole that is in the warming oven-and I have a selection of flavored teas. Sorry about no coffee., I will leave that to the next person.

This is a good positive way to start my day having breakfast with my friends. I wish everyone a great Holiday weekend-stay positive-have fun-do something good for yourself each day-stay safe. Remember, living recovery is the best thing anybody can do for themselves. It can be a wonderful life as long as we stay focused on that which is good and fun.

Oops, just remembered I have to make a run to the store for some sparklers and snakes. Yes, that is how exciting my 4th of July is going to be.

Have a great day everybody!

Nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #85
Sam Bailey

Hey Folks,

Good morning!

Well, Nan---I reckon we're the ONLY two non-lazy-butts up on this pre-4th Holiday. Then again, I am pretttty lazy today.

The sparklers idea is a good one! And, like you, I would run to the store to get them myself...but I can't freakin run! Or walk! I'm on crutches! Ha!

Nah, truth is, both of my (newly operated on) knees are healing just fine, I think. And that disgusting back-boil is also healing. Did I say...dis-gusting!

OK, coffee time.

Up and at 'em, folks!

sam
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #86
toboat777

Hey come on now !!

I have been up and about for a while now good morning you two how are you guys dis morning Nan missed you in chat, Sam hows the knees i want to get your attention with this post and now I'm going to write another to share some exiting news about me.

Hang On Here It Comes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toboat.
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #87
toboat777

HELLO AGAIN

Well i woke up very early as usual and have been buying boat parts on E
Bay this is my second job LOL i am building several model boats the kind you see that have little gas engines and can be up to 5feet long it is a blast i have been doing this for some time now but i am really getting serious about it as now that i have been clean from hydros i no longer spend my hot afternoons at the gambling hall popping pills and pulling handles that was a bad bad deal does not make for a happy wife either.

OK every one i have a 2nd new lease on life as i look at it for some years i have been thinking of getting a more permanent type of work but have not really had much luck well my luck better then gambling changed yesterday
I have a new Job !!! of course i am still a building contractor but i am taking that a step further as i was hired by a property management co. 250
homes & businesses strong and growing and covers up to five towns in a 50 mile radius and it all happened yesterday at 3 pm do to the recent home foreclosure mess well some our taking that to an advantage be it management, or home and bus, owners as their is a need for many rentals well people are renting their second home and etc, and of course they require maintenance well this go getter of a Lady and her partners have been doing this a while but have always had trouble with the maintenance part and this is were i come in i am now in charge of overseeing these many property's and i am working as we speak as if their are any problems i will go to it and take care of it as needed example plugged sink call roto rooter or do it myself i have the option.
As well as i will still be bidding any work these homes need at the normal P&O as my normal business would be.
The best part is when we are in the middle of Dec. and i want to have a Christmas i can have one rain or shine as in a couple of months after a trial of my choice i can draw a salary from this company there were so many options on the table that i needed to sleep on it for a week or so as they gave me plenty of time to decide on what i wanted to do so every one this is a wonderful weekend as not only for this i am also turning 19years sober on the 5th what a explosive dynamite firecracker weekend it is for toboat .

Not to rush and i am not really but i will begin looking for a new truck but i also want to see what they may offer me for this a i will be doing alot of travel i have this thought that a small utility type truck may be just the ticket.

Well all that is my News thanks for listening and wish me luck this is a big
weekend and what better way to spend it by being clean and sober.

Tony. P. S . Have a wonderful 4th of July !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #88
dawnny

good morning eveybody. i want to start the coffee but i dont have any. well ill make beleive starting the coffee ok! enjoy yourself with the invisable coffee. i had tea. not crazy about it. well im really thinking about selling my car back to toyota, its a matrix 2009 with 11,000 miles on it. they said they would give me 15,000, i know i can get more selling it on my own, but i really need the cash. what does everybody think about that. I really like the car, I bought that with the money my mom left me when she died. I keep asking my mom to tell me what to do. I think shes telling me get rid of it. I have my daughter asking me for some snickers. cant even do that. its so annoying. She does need them, the ones shes wearing are gone. I just have to pick up a cheap car for now, a couple of thousand just so I can get around, dont need nothing fancy. I just go back & forth to town. well everybody have a nice day, i have a color today and a h/c, at least thats something.
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #89
nan

Oh wow Tony! That is just wonderful news. I am so happy for you and Diane. Sounds like a great opportunity and also sounds like you took the time to research it and make sure it would be a good fit. In your world of recovery,look, another good thing has come into your life. 19 years sober is also another wonderful milestone.Yep, you have lots to celebrate this weekend! Sorry to have missed chat, my 3 grandchildren had worn me out the last 3 days and I was sleeping! lol Happy Fourth of July!

Sam, glad to hear you are coming along ok, even though a little more "slowly" because of the crutches. Now don't take this wrong but maybe you needed to be slowed down a little for a few days-lol Send somebody else to the store for the sparklers-and you just take advantage of your disability-allow them to wait on you for awhile! Hope you have a great weekend too!

Nan
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #90
toboat777

Hi Nan & thank you for your kind words

You know i wrote a post just minutes ago to you explaining the history of this company i am working for now and again like so many here i posted and lost it this gets so aggravating as it has happened to me so many times and so many others i have read about.

I wonder if this format could be changed as to stop this i guess this is a question for Nancy i am not going to bother it with it now but i am going to look into it .

Sure i need to be more careful but if it had a save icon at least that would sure help Oh well quit griping Tony you should feel lucky to have this place to come to LOL.

Bye for now all ..................... Tony.............................................. ....
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #91
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Tony, if you lose something, hit the 'back' button and it might still be there. Sometimes that happens when there's a glitch in the internet connection if you're on wireless internet. I switched to hardwire internet myself a while ago and it hasn't happened since. If you're going to write a long post, think about writing it in a word processing program, such as Microsoft Word, and then copy and paste it into the reply box.

Hope this helps, again, congrats on the job.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #92
OhioMike

Good TGIF Morning Everyone!

Sorry about being MIA for the early shift, but, I had to visit the witch this AM at the hospital. Yes, yes, I went being dragged and kicking.

Looks like she is going to be in there for a little longer, thank God! She needs the care!

Anyway, I have a couple calls to make and I'll be right back. Thanks Nan, Sam, Dawny and Tony for getting things started this morning!

Mike
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #93
hairgirl

This is my first time here, what exactly do you guys do or talk about?
hairgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #94
dawnny

tony, that is wonderful. everything seems to be going great for you. i wish you all the luck in the world. it is great sober for 19 years, thats a long time. i cant wait till i can say that.have a great 4th of july. hairgirl, someone starts the coffee, and start your day with positive things, say what you want to say, ask questions, its just a place where you can start your day off right.
Unread 07-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #95
OhioMike

Thumbs up

Whew, well TGIF and hey, Tomorrow is the 4th so I'm sure many celebrations begin today!

Well the mother-in-law still has her broom parked at the hospital and she may be there for a little while. What was to only be a over night stay has turned into a longer engagement. Of course I'm not surprised, I figured once they got to know her they would want to keep her and explore other issues with her! But so far no complication from the surgery, just very sore and really doesn't need to be at home alone. hehehe

Tony, what can I say except good things do come to good people! God always provides and I am thrilled for you! It's not like we are old friends, but, I feel confident saying they picked a good man and a good person for the job, they will not be disappointed.

Tony, this is just more of the rewards of recovery, enjoy it, you have earned it and be proud of yourself, you have come a long way and your doing good things for yourself and Diane!

Nan!!!!! .................... Hey it's great to see you here for breakfast! A casserole sounds perfect. My youngest daughter fixes those once in a while for breakfast and I love them! Thank you!

Hey Sam, glad your healing up just fine and can get up and around. I hate crutches. I had to use them once due to a high school football injury and it stunk.

Hiya Dawny, hey, no coffee???? LOL ............. Dawny, you know what I think about the car deal from my one post to you about your situation. Dear, cars and be purchased at any time and they come and go. If you need the money, then find something reliable which you can afford to pay cash for and use the rest of the money for other obligations. I know it sucks, but really, it is OK, you have so many wonderful things in your life, please don't let the material things drag you down. Hang in there!

oh and Tony, Nancy is correct writing in word and then copy and pasting it into the post is a good way to do it. I write in my email box then move it over into a post.

HAIRGIRL ............. Welcome! ............ This is a thread to help us get up and get our days started on a positive note. Share some, joke some and most of all, share about what we are going to do for our recovery for the day or why our recovery is so important for the day. So please, join in. Whoever get's here first each morning starts the coffee!

Well this morning I checked in on the MIL and now I am baby sitting my granddaughter. I'm not sure what the rest of the day holds for me. The boy is back from boot camp and he was up at 5am , LOL boy was that a shocker and then we went outside to run! No shit, he was running at 5 am and he is out there running again!

Hmmmm ............. it will be interesting to see how long this lasts, but, I am going to try and motivate him into keeping it going.

Here is a little ditty about the new day!

It makes me so happy, this is what I'm gonna do, Send a good morning right back to you, Good Morning my Friends!
HAVE A WoNdErFuL GoOd MoRnInG.

And remember, treat yourself good today!

Mike
Thank You (07-04-2009)
Unread 07-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #96
toboat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi Tony, if you lose something, hit the 'back' button and it might still be there. Sometimes that happens when there's a glitch in the internet connection if you're on wireless internet. I switched to hardwire internet myself a while ago and it hasn't happened since. If you're going to write a long post, think about writing it in a word processing program, such as Microsoft Word, and then copy and paste it into the reply box.

Hope this helps, again, congrats on the job.

Nancy
Hi Nancy Thank You And i should of wrote ( I am not going to bother her with it now )
NOT IT Your not a it Nancy if you didn't catch it you would need to read my complaint post to see my Blooper LOL here i blame this wonderful site and its me go figure thank you for the tip have a nice day.

Thank You Thank You Thank You

For your support and wishes Re: my Job and also every kind and caring things all of you do for me and others here as OMike said it may not be that we are long time friends but i have to say it sure does feel as though
I will be thinking of all of you on this 4th of July and every one please be safe Hugs Every One Happy 4TH.

toboat..................Tony
Unread 07-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #97
deanna

Hello everyone! Was wondering if I can join in on the good morning thread! I can bring some french vanilla cappuccino! See ya in the morning! deanna
deanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #98
OhioMike

Deanna, you come on in, make yourself at home and the French Vanilla is on you! lol

Welcome to the group and yes, it is a good way to begin the day.

Well the granddaughter was just picked up by the grandmother from the other side. She was soaking wet as I introduced her to battery powered and pump charged water blasters and she had her first water fight. Needless to say I soaked her and she soaked me! lol

Talk about the rewards of recovery, folks, there it is ............. the stuff money cannot buy!

Mike
Unread 07-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #99
deanna

Oh that brings back memories of when my son was little! We used to have water fights in the summer. I cant believe how fast he grew up. It seems like just a year ago he was a little boy and now he is riding a motorcycle and looking for a job!
Well, I got the cappaccino here....better hurry up, there wont be any left, I love the stuff!
Everyone have a safe and Happy Independence Day! Deanna
deanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #100
nan

Good morning all! I am grabbing a cup of the french vanilla before it is all gone. Thanks Deanna! It is a rainy, cool day here today but we are going to have a family gathering in spite of it. It is a blessing to be able to share time with family and find enjoyment in everyday life. I always told my kids, people are important, "things" just don't matter. So I hope everyone has a good day, and stay safe and secure!

Nan