Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
Pony123

Default Addicted and scared

Hi I am a high functioning addict. No one but my brothwr knows. I was on subs for 2 years and relapsed 6 months ago. I am already up to 300 mg of oxy again. I have tried to reinduct 3 times and it hasnt worked BUT i did only wait about 12 hours. I have desperately been trying to wean down but i get so anxious i cant leave bed. I am well educated, have a job in management at a bank, and am financially secure ( for now) i feel like i have caught it before i lost everything but what to do now? Do i try to induct again and wait longer or go to inpatient? My wo derful live in boyfriend doesnt know and hes getting ready to rent his house and theres no going back for him once its rented. Should i tell him in case he wants to bail? Am i being unfair? He is so straight laced and a fireman so he sees what addiction does. Help me please!
Pony123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2016, 10:15 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Pony123, welcome. It's not really the amount of time that you wait, but the depth of withdrawals. Please read the attached link - on page 2 is the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale by which you can see where you're at withdrawal-wise.
http://www.naabt.org/documents/NAABT_PrecipWD.pdf

The longer you can wait, the better.

Would your boyfriend understand and not bail, but be there to support you through this?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2016, 01:57 AM   #3
Pony123

Hi Nancy thank u for the reply. I would like to think he would but i dont know. Question- do u think 5 days off of work would be enough for me to transition successfully and return on the 6th day? If not i would have to wait until the new year, and i am terrified of what my dose will be by then.
Unread 12-09-2016, 06:55 AM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, are you taking time-released OxyContin or short-acting oxycodone? That makes a big difference because of the half-life/time release.

Does your boyfriend know you were on Suboxone before?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 12-09-2016, 09:40 AM   #5
Pony123

Hi Nancy... i am taking short acting 30 mg oxy. Its to the point now i begin withdrawing at hour 4 or 5 without and i cant even sleep. No, he does not know about the subs.
Unread 12-09-2016, 08:00 PM   #6
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Pony, when you've tried to induct yourself, what dose did you try with and what happened?

Has your boyfriend ever talked about addiction? Do you know his views on it?

Nancy
Unread 12-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #7
Pony123

Well I did it I told my family and my bf...he was upset but eventually supportive..BUT he doesnt like the suboxone at all. He thinks im trading one thing for another. I hope he comes around on that point. When i tried reinducting i only waited 10-12 hours and dosed with 2mg and went into pcwds...they werent the terrible things people talk about but they were bad...and then they didnt let up for two days so i went back to my DOC...thank everyone for any and every reply i am doing this wed and will have five days off so wish me luck i will need it
Unread 12-10-2016, 05:20 PM   #8
Pony123

My mom is going to come stay with me and help me
Unread 12-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Pony123, can you explain a little what happened when you took the 2mg? Generally, the answer to precipitated withdrawals is to take more bupe.

Please use page 2 of that pdf I posted before - it will help you to see where you are withdrawal-wise. Also remember that sometimes being anxious can present itself as WD symptoms, so the longer you can wait the better. The pupils are a good indicator. Look at them in normal light, the bigger they are, the more in withdrawals you are.

This link might help your boyfriend:
http://www.naabt.org/faq_answers.cfm?ID=1

I'm glad you have the support at home now and glad your mom will be staying with you.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Nancy
Unread 12-10-2016, 08:29 PM   #10
Pony123

However another question...with my dose being so high the last few days i have felt very strange like Im in a fog or a bubble. I cant think or see straight. Is that normal?
Unread 12-10-2016, 08:30 PM   #11
Pony123

Sure...i had chills, sweats, threw up once, rls...i tried to take more Bup but seemed to make it worse not better
Unread 12-11-2016, 07:58 AM   #12
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, Not sure about your first question, but can you try and cut your dose some today to see if it helps? Hopefully by using the Clincial Opiate Withdrawal Scale and checking your pupils when you induct this time, that will help. And the longer you can wait, no matter how uncomfortable, the better it might be. You could also think about starting with 4mg instead of 2mg because of the amount you're taking.

How are you doing today?

Nancy
Unread 12-11-2016, 11:13 PM   #13
Pony123

Im doing ok my induction is going to bein late tues night ( 10pm will be my last dose of oxy..then im going to wait at least 24 hrs before trying a small dose of sub...i have a few benzos which i never take to help some and some immodium...but i am so scared i havent eaten in days
Unread 12-12-2016, 07:14 AM   #14
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Pony123, try to eat something. That could also be why you're not feeling well. You're going to need some strength. If you can't eat, at least try drinking those ensure or protein drinks. Also try not to be scared - you want to be sure that you're in enough withdrawals and anxiety can mimic some of the withdrawal symptoms. Take a look at your pupils in regular light today and remember what they look like. That will be a good thing to go on for your depth of withdrawals. You can do this. Be confident.

Nancy
Unread 12-12-2016, 06:35 PM   #15
Ghost

Wink

Hi Pony123. 24 hours should be long enough to start subs if you are taking oxy's. Ive been through this. Its the most horrible experience ive ever had. Took my subs too soon after my 120mg dose of methadone. All I could do was tough it out all night till I could get to the clinic in the morning and dose more methadone. I had to go 3 days with no methadone before I could take my sub's. But, oxy's have a much shorter half life. Ive taken subs after 24 hours of no oxy's. I wasnt at a dosage as high as yours though. Try to avoid immodium too. Any opiates during your waiting period to dose your subs is just going to make it worse. The benzos should be fine but avoid any opiates. Period. It sucks, I know. But you can do it. Just be strong. When you do take your subs, start low and give it 45 minutes to 1 hour before taking more. It takes some time to fully kick in. After 1 hour, if you need more try a few more mg's until you are comfortable. The extreme withdrawls will not be present if you just wait the alotted time before taking any buprenorphine. Good luck. You can do it.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2016, 08:14 PM   #16
Pony123

Thank u all for your replies! Please continue i am counting on your support when it gets tough. Its almost last dose time.!! See u in the am!
Unread 12-14-2016, 06:58 AM   #17
NancyB
Administrator

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted when you can.

Nancy
Unread 12-14-2016, 12:05 PM   #18
Pony123

Hi! Its been 14 hours and really withdrawals juuussssttt beginning...strating to think 24 hrs wont get me to a 26...but we shall wait and see
Unread 12-14-2016, 03:14 PM   #19
Pony123

17 hours and only very mild withdrawal? Is that even normal?
Unread 12-14-2016, 03:20 PM   #20
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Pony123, it could be. Everyone is different and although the halflife of oxycodone is around 4 hours, that's the average. So you may process it differently. But it's a good thing, because the longer you can wait, the better off you'll be, especially with the trouble you've had inducting in the past.

Hang in there!!

Nancy
Unread 12-14-2016, 03:27 PM   #21
Pony123

Yes maam i can make it to 24 hours and if im still where i am now i will wait longer until i can get to a 26
One User Says Thank You to Pony123 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (12-14-2016)
Unread 12-14-2016, 10:44 PM   #22
Pony123

Well...24 hrs in and withdrawals still manageable....im starting to think they are bad but the pws were so much worse that i feel like this is easier...i dont know...i just think i should be at least starting to go downhill now...so gonna hold off a bit on the subs see you guys in the am
Unread 12-15-2016, 12:48 AM   #23
Pony123

Well 26 hours wasnt enuf...i am in pw
Unread 12-15-2016, 06:48 AM   #24
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Pony123, how are you doing now?

Nancy
Unread 12-15-2016, 04:15 PM   #25
Pony123

Hi....i havent taken anything else today im still very weak but im in the bed. Thinking about trying again as its been 40 hrs
Unread 12-15-2016, 05:20 PM   #26
NancyB
Administrator

Maybe try to wait even longer, just to be on the safe side?
Unread 12-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #27
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Pony123, checking in to see how you're doing. Let us know when you can.

Nancy
Unread 12-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #28
Pony123

Hi I am starting to feel better now the sub is kicking in but im still very weak. Bed to bathroom is about it for now. But i think im over the hump
Unread 12-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #29
Pony123

I need to be a lesson for heavy users...wait 48 hours...period
Unread 12-16-2016, 08:30 PM   #30
NancyB
Administrator

Phew, I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Are you able to eat anything? Maybe some protein shakes to get something in you?

I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling MUCH better!!

Nancy