Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #1
jeffbee71

AND today I woke up and had a missed call from the Ins Comp, so I called them back, they said they received the paperwork from the doctor office this morning and would be processing it... it took about 3-4hrs maybe and my pharmacy called me to say everything went through.. so I am GOOD!

I guess if I could pass any advice on to anyone here seeking help in the state of NJ... there IS hope! It's been a long year getting back on track the past few months, but here are the steps I have gone through...

1. Applied for NJ Family Care/Medicaid. http://www.njfamilycare.org
Wait roughly 4-8 weeks for your Medicaid NJ State Health Benefits Card (if approved)... allow the state or choose a health plan (there are 5 listed on the site).. I honestly don't remember what I chose, but they gave me United. Once receiving the benefits card, it takes about 2 weeks before your insurance plan starts... but the Medicaid is valid once you receive your Medicaid Card.. then you eventually receive your Insurance Card.

2. Seek a Sub doctor in your area on the Sub website.. www.suboxone.com
I had to call roughly 12 different offices in my area until I found one that took Medicaid/NJ Family Care. I was taking the names off the Sub website and searching them on the health insurance plan website where they show covered doctors.. I believe after calling a bunch randomly, I found 1 name on my company's website and tried calling them. That was the jackpot call, they said they took it, I had to call the insurance company and switch my PrimaryCarePhysician to that doctor, the 1st visit took about 2-3 weeks (17 days) from the day I 1st called the doctor office. I survived the waiting period, don't ask how...

3. Went to the Doctor, was 100% honest, signed a contract (the no drug ones while on program)... I WISH I would have known this insurance company requires counseling to prior-authorize suboxone.. but it's okay, I was given my prescription, took it to the pharmacy, was told that it was being prior-authorized as it was pending.. after 4 days from my visit I was Approved, however I needed to give the doctor's office the # and name of a counselor I will be meeting with 1hr a week.. for how long I honestly don't know yet. My 1st counseling session is next week.

4. Once approved after giving the doctor's office the counseling information the doctor office forwarded the information to the insurance company, the company then 100% approved my prescription, so all the phone calls and waiting paid off! $0 co-pay... I was actually refunded at the pharmacy like $100 for the meds I picked up and paid for out of pocket.

So if you live in NJ, are broke or make very little money, and are seeking help... these are the steps for you. I wish I would have known all of this months ago. Yes, I would have still waited for the Medicaid/Insurance Company (ObamaCare basically). But I would have saved myself 3 months of suffering if I had gotten on the Sub website and started calling DR offices in my area asking if they accepted my insurance.. I was VERY LUCKY to find the Dr. I did. He is great, their office is pretty nice, and $0 for visits, and $0 for my meds... only in America

I wish anyone and everyone the best. I hope this post stays up to help fellow NJ people seeking help... this was my way and it worked... for how long.. I do not know, but I am going to be very careful and not take advantage of this oppurtunity. You have no idea (unless you do) how beautiful it is to wake up and not start sweating, vomiting, have your heart beating, and go through the agony of dealing with the every day addiction, having to deal with complete scum, literally associating with some of the worst people in the world just to get your fix, not even to enjoy it, but just to feel normal.. it's a horrible way to live.

Good Luck to Everyone. I hope this thread can help some people!
jeffbee71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

This was copied from jeffbee1's thread:

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=29971
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2015, 04:52 PM   #3
jeffbee71

I hope that anyone in NJ who needs help can use this guide.

I've lived in this state my whole life, the past 5-6 years of my life I've battled addiction. I do not believe that Suboxone is the answer, or a cure... in fact I honestly feel it is just another chemical dependency. But I personally have tried detoxing on my own, and as I have grown older it is a lot more difficult as the addiction has ran it's toll on my body.. I have been to a 7day detox in Florida, spent 45 days in a rehab down there... only to come back to NJ and be dragged back down by my addiction that was 3-4 years ago. I started with painkillers in the beginning until I was tired of the everyday hassle and struggle so I went on Subs.. then tried rehab..

I honestly didn't try H or street opiates until late last year when my insurance ran out and I couldn't afford my suboxone treatment anymore. I went 14 painful days trying to detox myself off Subs and Benzos, a combo my last sub doctor put me on.. and I wouldn't wish the pain upon my worst enemy. All my times trying to kick Oxy or whatever painkillers I had were no match for this pain and literally heartache. I eventually cracked and hit the streets, contacting some awful people I've associated with over the years that I promised myself I would never bother with again.

After about 4-5 months of H, driving to the rundown parts of cities, having clowns in my car who would buy me stuff for rides, I HAD IT. I honestly had it after about the first few days, but as they say about insanity.. you continue to repeat your routines and actions over and over.

I was very fortunate to find state/government health insurance/assistance. I utilized it the best I could, asking friends and family for advice, and realized I had 3 options... Detox, Jail, or Subs... I found a Sub doctor and I am thankfully and happily at home, working again, and thank god not driving around to do the stuff I have been the past few weeks/months. I do not believe Suboxone is a cure, I am not drug free while on Suboxone. at least I do not feel so.. because I learned in rehab that yes Subs are just another addiction. But I will say that they are SAFE (while you have them), and you are SAFE, and despite the costs for some, they are a lot safer, better, and helpful compared to risking your life every day on the streets, literally your life, whether you possibly get a bad batch because you have no idea what's in the crap you get off the streets, or especially staying out of trouble with the law.. The police are not dumb, they know the areas where drugs are sold, in some parts of this state they monitor drug sales, allowing it because they know they'll never stop it, but it only takes 1 officer having a bad day to pop you. The narcs are out there and they will do their jobs when required to. It's actually quite sad that some areas the police won't do anything unless they know you are a heavy hitter/dealer/user or know that you have even worse things on you. I know that the police in certain towns and cities won't even respond to calls or do anything while seeing crimes committed unless they see or hear guns.. sickening.

I wish everyone the best, this is part of my story... like I said Subs aren't the answer, at least for me.. I would personally like to be 100% substance free.. however, I know myself too well now, and if I can take a low dose of suboxone on a daily basis it will keep me out of jail, and most importantly keep me alive. I know it all sounds contradicting, but I'd much rather take something given to me by a doctor, that I have been on before, that I know will let me sleep at night.. and literally let me sleep well and not wake up sweating, looking at my phone, trying to contact someone to get the next day setup... good luck everyone, and please don't hesitate to message me if ever need be.
jeffbee71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #4
tbarto

Default What doctor in NJ do you use

Jeffbee71, I am looking for a doctor that will be covered under NJ Family Care (Aetna) in NJ for Suboxone visits. It looks like you have found one. Would you mind giving me their name and location? My daughters both need to be on Suboxone and need to see a dcotor. Just paid $200 last night and was hoping I can find a doctor that is covered under NJ Family care (Medicaid). Thanks for your help.
tbarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2016, 10:44 PM   #5
natona

Pretty sure Dr Sander does. I dont know where in NJ you are.

Robert S Sander MD
477 State Route 10 Ste 205
Randolph, NJ 07869 (973) 584-8092
natona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #6
zeppie

Quote:
Originally Posted by natona View Post
Pretty sure Dr Sander does. I dont know where in NJ you are.

Robert S Sander MD
477 State Route 10 Ste 205
Randolph, NJ 07869 (973) 584-8092
hi all i just lost my suboxone doctor. suboxone saved my life also gave me a quality of life worth living. if anyone has a sub doctor near Toms River, N J i would appreciate your help.i m clean almost 2. years .i have state Horizone insurance. i can pay with in reason . like $ 200.00. thanks all Doctor Sanders is about 2 hours away. not driving. anyone else ? please .thank you all .

Last edited by zeppie; 10-30-2016 at 06:12 PM..
zeppie is offline   Reply With Quote