Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-23-2016, 08:43 PM   #1
rstepp227

Red face Need Some Advice On How To Get My Prescription Paid For

I'm not sure if I'm typing in the right place or not but I could really use some advice. I have a prescription for Suboxone that is still in the pharmacy that I can't get filled because my insurance has quit paying for my medicine because my doctor won't go in to network with them. I have been going to the same doctor for close to 3 years. I have always had to pay the office visit but with a prior authorization my medicines were filled. I just don't know what to do. I'm also disabled and have a lot of severe pain issues, in which the Suboxone makes it a little more tolerable. With the savings card that's from Suboxone it was still $55 and something for a partial fill of 9 Films. I have found a couple of Dr.s that take my insurance but I had to be put on a 6 month waiting list. And with my health issues and not having any transportation on top of that, there is no way that I can go to Dr. 45 minutes away from here once a week. I have came so far in my recovery, I have been clean for over 4 years now, I have no desire to ever go back to the way I was. I just need to figure out a way to get my medicine covered with the Dr I'm with. He is the first Dr. that really ever cared about me and my situation. Does anyone here have any advice on what I can do? I just don't understand why they care if he is in Network if I'm the one that is paying the office visit anyways.
rstepp227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2016, 06:58 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi rstepp227, welcome. Did you see if you could get on any of the free med programs offered by the various manufacturers?

Suboxone:
http://www.needymeds.org/brand-drug/name/Suboxone

Zubsolv:
http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.t...e&name=zubsolv

Have you talked with your pharmacist to see if s/he has any suggestions? Is this something new that if your doctor isn't in network, the insurer won't pay for the prescription?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2016, 03:00 PM   #3
rstepp227

Default Thanks For The Advice

They have sent me an application for the needymeds program thru an email but I haven't been able to get it printed out but they were also supposed to mail me one but I haven't received it yet.

And with my insurance I have Medicaid/Passport. I have always paid the office visit but my insurance did pay for the prescription. I have really changed my life for the better with the help of Suboxone and right now I feel very scared of the pain going to get out of control.

You see I have had my second neck surgery almost a year ago and I was suppose to already had a surgery on my brain and all of this stress isn't doing me any good. Now as far as the pharmacy goes they know my situation but they don't seem like they of anything that could. But thank you for atleast trying to help me. And I was wondering is there any online meetings here?
rstepp227 is offline   Reply With Quote