Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #1
That Girl

Angry Suboxone and my night of hell

I am new to this and I've tried to find answers on several different websites but everyone I got on I would post my big long story and then I would never get any reply so here I am and I'm hoping I can get some answers here. I have been on suboxone for about a year now maybe a little more but anyways I slipped up recently and got on heroin for 4 days my last dose was Friday night around 1 a.m. Saturday morning I slept throughout the day and didn't get up till about 3 p.m. so when I got up I didn't feel good but I didn't feel bad and I waited and waited contemplating on taking the suboxone so by 5 o'clock I had to scour the internet and I kept seeing these things about precipitated withdrawals and I have never heard of this until I read it that dayou. Well Finally decided to take the suboxone and I took 2mg and within 10 minutes I was instantly sitting into precipitated withdrawals. I ended up taking imodium and that actually took me out of it after an hour of being in it and not knowing what to do but my question is ever since that day (which was 2 days ago) I have been back on my suboxone and I haven't been feeling like myself and I don't feel bad but I don't feel good and I feel tired and depressed and I'm just wondering why 4 days of heroin would have sent me back to square one and did I prolong anything by sending myself into precipitated withdrawals first? And I kept just kept taking my suboxone as usual after I got out of withdrawals
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #2
nan

Hello That Girl, Wondering what dose are you taking? My guess would be that you are taking too much suboxone which would cause the problems you speak of, not good, tired, depressed, etc. Hopefully as each day goes on you will feel better and are resolved to remain on suboxone. Also wondering if you are going to counseling, groups, or any other support groups along with the medication. Might be a good idea to look into if you haven't done so yet. Hard to do this recovery thing alone.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hi That Girl, welcome. To add to what nan posted, if the heroin was cut with Fentanyl, you could be having a more difficult time also. Depending on where you are, there have been a lot of reports of heroin being cut with Fentanyl causing overdoses and a lot of overdose deaths.

One thing you can do is to check your pupils in regular light and if they're large, that's generally a sign that you're still in withdrawals; if they're small, then your dose could be too high - as nan said.

Adding onto what nan mentioned about counseling, this might be a good thread to read:
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=23809

Let us know how you're doing.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-29-2016)
Unread 04-11-2016, 11:58 AM   #4
jaycin1204

I have not experienced with Heroin, but I have been on Subutex treatment for 3 years after battling the good ole' Opiate addiction. First it started with a C-section when I was 35, then after that is was whatever I could get my hands on, and I did not mention I was a RN, so it was like I was in a candy store, it only took that operation in April 27, 2010 until June 16, 2010 to ruin my life. I lost my license because I could not stand to leave my newborn, plus I had a 1 year old at home. I finally went into treatment but after 30 days clean, I took my a$$ to the Sub clinic...worst mistake. These Drs. just want cash, and they love patients like me that passes all the drug test and take it as prescribed....until last month this new Dr. lowered my doseage to 4mg a day, which I was not ready for....mentally, and I told him that. The other Drs. worked with me and instructed me to take it slow. Well I bucked this new Dr and made it worse on myself because I have ran out 2 weeks early and I am in full withdrawals.

I work full time, and have a 6 and 7 year old, and I can't be dealing with this withdrawal process now, but I have no choice. I did it to myself! My DH knows whats going on, I told him, cause know I can't hide this until the 25th! I feel helpless right now, depressed, no motivation, its hard just doing normal activities like getting dressed, and I did taper the last 2 weeks so its not as bad as could be. Why can't I just take the damn things as prescribed because it is all in my head when I "need" another one...I can use 2 mg and be fine, but the addict in me wants more!!

If I can make it through until the 25th, I am giving the meds to my Mother and try this taper like the new Doc wants. He should know what he is doing, but I had to just take one more, then one more, then I run out early. Why do I do this to myself, I am hurting my kids more than ever, they don't deserve to be yelled at because I am a dumbass. They deserve a Mom who can take them to their ball games and have fun on the weekends, not laying around focused on how I can get my script filled early.

I am sorry about the rant, I hope things get better for you. Who knew I could get addicted in 3 months and loose everything when before I had so much drugs pass through my hands and never once thought about using it, and then addiction appears and it will ruin you and steal your soul, cause I am definitely not the person I was 6 years ago.
jaycin1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #5
jas035

Take it one day at a time and always remember better days are ahead!
jas035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2016, 12:56 AM   #6
Wrl78

Sometimes it dosent seem like it but it does get better
Wrl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #7
Carlos

You should have considered Subutex that doesn't have the Nalaxone which is the bigest reason to get the precipitated withdrawals.

What I have done in the past is to take an 8ms Bupernorphine 2mgs Nalaxone and devide the tablet or Strips in 8 pieces. ....that means that you will be taking 1mg of Bupernorphine and less than .25 or 1/4 mg of Nalaxone.

I take one 1/8 or 1mg Bupernorphine and 1/4 mg Nalaxon every half hour to an hour. DO NOT HURRY THE PROCESS. Although I will no feel my best, I have never gone on precipitated withdrawals. I'll feel well enough to get around. You will probably not feel your best until the next day. The Nalaxone only.last about fourhours. Meaning that if you take that 1/8 ever hour, by the time you are taking the fourth or fifth 1/8. the first 1/4 mg of Nalaxone you took is likely to have worn off.
Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #8
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
...You should have considered Subutex that doesn't have the Nalaxone which is the bigest reason to get the precipitated withdrawals...
Hi, actually the naloxone doesn't have anything to do with precipitated withdrawals. Naloxone is considered 'clinically insignificant' as it has poor bioavailability sublingually and in the GI tract.

Precipitated withdrawals happens when enough time hasn't elapsed between the last full agonist and the partial opioid agonist (buprenorphine). Buprenorphine has a higher affinity to the mu receptors so it 'kicks' any full agonists off - that is precipitated withdrawals.

The naloxone is only there to deter IV misuse. If injected it can cause precipitated withdrawals.

Naloxone is narcan - the medication that is used to reverse opioid overdoses. By injecting the naloxone, it knocks the opioids off of the receptors - and if done in time, reverses an overdose.

I hope that makes sense. This link might help too - How Buprenorphine Works:
http://www.naabt.org/collateral/How_Bupe_Works.pdf

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 08-16-2016, 07:22 AM   #9
Wrl78

Nancy, is naloxone less strong as the subs?
Wrl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2016, 11:25 AM   #10
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrl78 View Post
Nancy, is naloxone less strong as the subs?
Hi Wrl78, they are totally different medications. Buprenorphine is an partial opiate agonist while naloxone is an opiate antagonist - it doesn't have any stimulation of the opioid receptors to stop pain, give euphoria, etc. It actually will displace the opioids from the receptors - that's why it's effective in reversing opiate overdoses. If injected, naloxone could be 'strong' enough to kick the bupe off of the opioid receptors. But sublingually, the naloxone has ver poor bioavailability sublingually and in the stomach.

Let me know if that answered your question.

Nancy
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-16-2016)