Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-19-2016, 06:04 AM   #51
NancyB
Administrator

Wow! You took it easy yesterday? Good for you! Too funny about the almonds!! I thought of you last night when the bottle of salad dressing I found in the back of my pantry shelf had expired 2 years ago. Maybe I should eat more salads... heehee

That's so good that your face is doing better. I'm sorry to hear about the Lupus though.

You have such a fabulous attitude, have a great Sunday!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2016, 02:21 PM   #52
j74

Smile Another sober day

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Wow! You took it easy yesterday? Good for you! Too funny about the almonds!! I thought of you last night when the bottle of salad dressing I found in the back of my pantry shelf had expired 2 years ago. Maybe I should eat more salads... heehee

That's so good that your face is doing better. I'm sorry to hear about the Lupus though.

You have such a fabulous attitude, have a great Sunday!

Nancy
hey hope ur having a wonderful weekend! Cause I am I mopped all my floors this morn then I worked on jewelry ! Yeh I make jewelry for extra money but I have my disability hearing fri June 24 this will be my 2nd hearing been trying since March 2012! I have more health issues that qualify more than I need! Oh well I just turn it over to gods hands! Anyways I'm going to my aa meeting then come home &Astarte sun dinner! Then I will relax cause I've got a busy week coming!but for now I'm just staying in the day &grateful to be sober! I hope ur having a wonderful blessed day Nancy!
j74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2016, 06:50 PM   #53
NancyB
Administrator

Hi j74, that must be tough sometimes making jewelry, no? Hopefully your disability will be approved this time. I hear of so many people saying that the second time is the charm for that process.

Busy, hopefully not too busy that you run yourself ragged!! Take good care of YOU.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 06-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #54
j74

Smile Good morning

Quote:
Hi j74, that must be tough sometimes making jewelry, no? Hopefully your disability will be approved this time. I hear of so many people saying that the second time is the charm for that process.

Busy, hopefully not too busy that you run yourself ragged!! Take good care of YOU.

Nancy
how is everyone? All good w me I'm all ready to go to my aa meeting then I have my therapist whom I just adore &glove! I did a lot of running around yesterday! Oh &Amy disability hearing is moved to sept 14 which is ok w me! At least I got all my records to my lawyers office ! Oh &awhile I was out yesterday I drove down to the new sub doc I'll be seeing Thursday I was gonna p/u my new patient paperwork and the office was closed for lunch! So I thought oh well I'll just get there early thurs &fill papers out there! Nancy how ru you doing? I'll check bak in later gotta go 2my meeting!
Unread 06-22-2016, 07:05 AM   #55
NancyB
Administrator

How was your day yesterday? Besides having a lot to do again. lol
That kind of stinks they moved your hearing to September, but glad it's ok with you.

Good luck at your new doctor tomorrow. I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

Have a fabulous day!

Nancy
Unread 06-23-2016, 11:27 AM   #56
j74

Smile Nancy

Quote:
How was your day yesterday? Besides having a lot to do again. lol
That kind of stinks they moved your hearing to September, but glad it's ok with you.

Good luck at your new doctor tomorrow. I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

Have a fabulous day!

Nancy
Good morning how ru? All good here in SC! Had a great day yesterday! Today my plans are I'm going to my aa meeting then I go to my new sub doc! He got good reviews from other patients like 4 out of 5 stars so I'm looking forward to it! I do have to pay for my 1st visit but once insurance pays for it I do get that money back!im just grateful that this doc is in my network! I liked the other doc &she was much closer to my house but I can't afford 132.00$ a week so I'd rather driver 40 miles to other doc that's in my network! I'm sure u understand Nancy! So that's my plans for today! Hope ur doing well!
Unread 06-24-2016, 05:56 AM   #57
NancyB
Administrator

Hi j74, how's the humidity down there? Wasn't toooo bad here yesterday. You guys get it much worse though, no?

How's the new doctor - would you give him 4 stars? I sure hope so. Heck yeah, I'd drive 40 miles to save over $500 a month! Do you have to go to this doctor every week? Most have just monthly visits. For the last doctor, did you submit those receipts to insurance to see if they would cover any of it? The self-reimbursement forms might be on the insurer's website.

Hope it went well!

Nancy
Unread 06-24-2016, 01:51 PM   #58
j74

Smile Nancy

Quote:
Hi j74, how's the humidity down there? Wasn't toooo bad here yesterday. You guys get it much worse though, no?

How's the new doctor - would you give him 4 stars? I sure hope so. Heck yeah, I'd drive 40 miles to save over $500 a month! Do you have to go to this doctor every week? Most have just monthly visits. For the last doctor, did you submit those receipts to insurance to see if they would cover any of it? The self-reimbursement forms might be on the insurer's website.

Hope it went well!

Nancy
omg it's very hot &thumbs here in the south! Yes the new doc was great and I do have to see him every week for a month then every 2 weeks then once a month! But I did like him more then the other doc! He is gonna help me for when I go 2 florida cause we go down to fl from nov till end of March I just can't take the cold it's bad on my RA & lupus!but all is good here my sponsor is on the road to Connecticut to visit family I'll check in w her later! Not much planned for the weekend I'd luv to go to the beach but it's sooo hot out but maby sun I'll go or Monday? I hope ur having a great Friday!
Unread 06-24-2016, 09:40 PM   #59
theswan

I may not be going to meetings but am hard pressed not to be around AA's as 90% of my close friends are still active in meetings. I do stay in touch with my sponsor as well.

Anyway, I'm not alarmed as I have been away for a time before and as far as the drink problem, well that is not an issue as it has been removed.
I was one of the first to try Kadian in a clinicial trial. I suppose the idea was to take away the abuse potential as far as snorting or spiking the opioid but that was never an issue for me just needed more and more of it.
I had searched the internet for "safe narcotics" and came upon kadian and then finally came upon "Suboxone for pain patients" at Columbia/Prespyterian NYPsychaitric institude which turned out to be the real safer narcotic (opiate-one time the word narcotic meant opiate only but law enforcement bundled it into a catch all word.

I have another friend in recovery who I talked into getting on bupe and he is now doing great and is down to one third a strip every three days. He had been on oxycontin in massive doses. (low back, knee and pain related to AIDS) He is even going back to work and was near death at one time. So yeah, bupe works wonders

Glad you are doing well

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2016, 08:00 AM   #60
NancyB
Administrator

Hi j74 (Hi Glen! ) Phew! I'm glad the new doctor is good. That's not too bad I guess, every week, every 2 weeks, then once a month. Even better that he will help from November to March. With bupe being a Schedule III medication, he can write a script with 5 refills, so hopefully he will do that for you.

I hope you have a good weekend and go to the beach! Maybe it will be a little cooler if there's a breeze coming off of the ocean. That's what they're saying for up here this weekend anyways.

Nancy
Unread 06-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #61
j74

Question Nancy ?

Quote:
Hi j74 (Hi Glen! ) Phew! I'm glad the new doctor is good. That's not too bad I guess, every week, every 2 weeks, then once a month. Even better that he will help from November to March. With bupe being a Schedule III medication, he can write a script with 5 refills, so hopefully he will do that for you.

I hope you have a good weekend and go to the beach! Maybe it will be a little cooler if there's a breeze coming off of the ocean. That's what they're saying for up here this weekend anyways.

Nancy
oh no he want give me refills? Just said he would help me w a doc in FL but anyways ,Nancy is their a difference between Butrans patch bupronorphine and Suboxone? Seems like their the same medicine except 1 is a patch and the other is film ?ty sweety if u can answer that ? And I pray u have a beautiful weekend!
Unread 06-26-2016, 06:53 AM   #62
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again! Oh, he'll help you find a doctor. That's good too. At least he'll be able to recommend someone and you won't be scrambling trying to find someone. The Butrans patch is FDA approved for pain only. So it can't be written for addiction. It's a buprenorphine transdermal patch that stays on for 7 days and delivers the medication 24/7.
https://butrans.com

One person started posting about tapering with it, but never updated us. So I'm not sure how that went.
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=30304

Does the bupe help you at all with pain? For some it does, others, not so much. And with the sublingual delivery, the analgesic properties work for 4 to 6 hours on average.

How was your Saturday, did you go to the beach?

Nancy
Unread 07-02-2016, 06:40 AM   #63
NancyB
Administrator

Hi j74, just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!

Nancy
Unread 07-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #64
j74

Smile Nancy

Quote:
Hi j74, just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!

Nancy
Hi I'm doing great! I posted a message 2 you? But I don't no where it went? I was getting worried bout you?how ru? Again I'm doing great ! I even took a Pilates class yesterday & I enjoyed it I'm still goin to my meetings going to therapy just staying busy! Most of all still SOBER! I hope u have a happy &I safe 4th of July!
One User Says Thank You to j74 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-03-2016, 07:02 AM   #65
NancyB
Administrator

Hi j74, I didn't see a message, I wonder if there was a glitch and *poof* it floated out into cyberspace somewhere. That's happened to me before and always leaves me puzzled! hahaha Wow look at you with the Pilates class! How did you like it?

Any picnics for the 4th? I had a wedding yesterday, my cousin's daughter. What a beautiful day for it! I hope it's nice and not too humid for you this weekend.

Nancy
Unread 07-03-2016, 08:33 PM   #66
j74

Smile Happy 4th

Quote:
Hi j74, I didn't see a message, I wonder if there was a glitch and *poof* it floated out into cyberspace somewhere. That's happened to me before and always leaves me puzzled! hahaha Wow look at you with the Pilates class! How did you like it?

Any picnics for the 4th? I had a wedding yesterday, my cousin's daughter. What a beautiful day for it! I hope it's nice and not too humid for you this weekend.

Nancy
Hi sweety yes I really enjoyed the Pilates it was a work out! But I kept it at my comfy level but it is so good for my RA &fibro! So I'll be even busier ah I made it bak to the beach today! It was beautiful! I'm still happy joyous & free &sober! Tom on the 4th I'm going to the neighborhood pool and there's a cookout there so that's my plans ! Hope u have a blessed & holiday! Ahhh I luv weddings!
Unread 07-04-2016, 07:23 AM   #67
NancyB
Administrator

Hi j74, I'm glad the Pilates was enjoyable and not painful for you. And that it's good for your RA and fibro. An added bonus! The beach does sound so nice. The wedding was nice, but the DJ was too loud. Or I'm getting old. hahaha!

Happy Independence to you! Have fun at the cookout!

Nancy
Unread 07-07-2016, 10:57 AM   #68
j74

Smile Checking in

Quote:
Hi j74, I'm glad the Pilates was enjoyable and not painful for you. And that it's good for your RA and fibro. An added bonus! The beach does sound so nice. The wedding was nice, but the DJ was too loud. Or I'm getting old. hahaha!

Happy Independence to you! Have fun at the cookout!

Nancy
Hey how ru? All is good w me besides very hot &a humid here in the south! I'm still staying active & busy w meetings Pilates doctors etc! But I'm happy joyous & free and SOBER ! Hope everyone else is doing great 2 ! Have a blessed day!
Unread 07-07-2016, 03:13 PM   #69
theswan

Just a point of information for NY folk

The 7 day supply requirement is for new patients. Not sure if a patient becomes "new" if he had never been given opiate medication but think it refers to ER and first time patients to curtail diversion via doctor shopping

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2016, 11:07 AM   #70
j74

Smile Happy Saturday

Hi everyone I'm just checking in! I have been so busy this week ! So I'm taking it easy today! Besides going to mass this evening! Also it's another hot & humid day here in SC ! Not sure if I'll make the beach tomorrow? Depends on if there is any wind tomorrow at the beach! But I'm doing very good still SOBER ! Life is wonderful! Hope everyone has a blessed & thankful weekend!
Unread 07-10-2016, 07:41 AM   #71
NancyB
Administrator

Happy Sunday j74! Busy doing for other people I bet - have you gotten some 'you' time in there? Glad you were planning on taking it easy yesterday. Think you'll get to the beach today?

Well, whatever you do, I hope you have a lovely Sunday!!

Nancy
Unread 07-10-2016, 09:58 AM   #72
j74

Smile Nancy

Quote:
Happy Sunday j74! Busy doing for other people I bet - have you gotten some 'you' time in there? Glad you were planning on taking it easy yesterday. Think you'll get to the beach today?

Well, whatever you do, I hope you have a lovely Sunday!!

Nancy
Hi there how ru Nancy? And yes I have had me time! I have a month w no pills today! Wow time flies? I think I'm skipping beach today there is no breeze or wind today for the beach! But I might go to the pool? But I no I'm def going to my 3:00 meeting today cause I haven't been to that meeting in a couple of weeks cause I been at beach! Oh & yesterday my thigh muscles were sore from Pilates Friday! Lol I probably over did it! Plan on taking sculpture & strenghth Monday ! I hope you have a wonderful & blessed Sunday !
Unread 07-12-2016, 06:44 AM   #73
NancyB
Administrator

Hi j74, I'm really happy that you're putting in some 'me' time! Congratulations on over a month now! Time really flies, doesn't it? You're really walking the walk as they say.

I'm very curious as to how the sculpture and strength class went yesterday. They offer something like that through my town and it always looked interesting. But I never signed up! lol

Happy Tuesday!

Nancy
Unread 07-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #74
j74

Smile Nancy

Quote:
Hi j74, I'm really happy that you're putting in some 'me' time! Congratulations on over a month now! Time really flies, doesn't it? You're really walking the walk as they say.

I'm very curious as to how the sculpture and strength class went yesterday. They offer something like that through my town and it always looked interesting. But I never signed up! lol

Happy Tuesday!

Nancy
hi Nancy how ru? Omg I was so sore yesterday from the sculp and strenghth but I over did it as usual but I did enjoy the class u do get a work out! I'm skipping that class today I'm going to the swim class today! Also I'm still doing great I'm still sober and happy joyous & free I hope that u have a beautiful day !
Unread 07-13-2016, 09:47 AM   #75
MattC42286

Hi j74! To be honest it changed my life 360 degrees for the better. Will definately improve your quality of life and also finances. Been a life saver for me and many others! Good luck and let us know how it goes! Thanks, Mat
MattC42286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2016, 07:55 PM   #76
NancyB
Administrator

Hi j74, look at you go with all the fitness classes! I'm really impressed and proud of you for doing all of that! Swimming sounds nice about now. lol Hot and humid here for the rest of the week - but you guys get that a lot more than we do, so I'll stop whining.

Nancy