Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 05-07-2015, 02:39 AM   #1
Hollieb

Default medicaide: united health care Problems

I am having some trouble with my insurance I have united health care of bayou health of Medicaids. And they have paid for my suboxone for the past few months with no major problems or fuss. Well I got this letter in the mail stating that suboxone is not on there preferred drug list and that I needed to take the letter to my doctor which they would put me on a different drug that is on the list or give authorization to take it. Well my doctors nurse called and they faxed her forms to fill out and send back. Well they never answered back for a week I called daily and no one knew anything. Finally I talked to someone a week later who told me my doctor office did not fill the forms out correctly..so I called the office. They talked to the insurance she says and they need some proof your being counseled. So for our office we use this site as counseling. Which I absolutely love and support because it is really helpful and affordable. Especially since I have been having to pay cash for my medication. I cannot afford it and its been a month since my visit and I'm still waiting on the insurance company to say its OK to fill my med. They are still trying to decide if they want to pay for it! My nurse told me she mailed some pages Printed out of my activity on here witch isn't much BC I have just gotten on and started on here. But yes please say a prayer I really need this medicine right now in my life and I need y'all prayers. Hopefully they pay and help me. And all is well. Y'all have a good night
Hollieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Hollieb, I'll keep my fingers crossed that the insurance company accepts online support as counseling. But, to let you be aware, they may not because peer support isn't really counseling. What you might want to do is to check out to see if you can find any free counseling or any counselors who take your insurance - just so you can be ready in case they deny the online support.

I found this: http://www.uhccommunityplan.com/la/m...ou-health.html
Mental Health. Counseling and other treatments are covered.
That page also has phone numbers you can call. If they are requiring counseling, they should be able to help you find one.

Think about either calling your insurance company and asking them for a list of counselors who are in network or looking on their website for eligible counselors. Or you can check this site to see if there is anyone near you.
http://www.needymeds.org/free_clinic...=list&state=LA

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the doctors office can get the approval, but you might want be proactive and be ready just in case they don't.

Keep us posted!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote