Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-22-2016, 11:10 PM   #1
NicoleKylla7

Default New member

Hi, I've been on opiates for years going threw pain management. I got into a bad car wreck and got thrown out the vehicle, and landed on a cement slab, once I began taking pain meds I felt good was able to move around and just do the things I thought I wouldn't have been able to do again. I found my self sleeping tI'll 5pm and my ex husband having to wake me up with pain meds and me waiting for them to kick in till I could move or even get out the bed. I then realized my son was being raised without me I have 3 boys and one was with me at the time. I knew i had to do something I began to get off slowly with no help but being an addict 2 years and I relapse. I wasn't doing them much only when I couldn't take the pain. Well a friend of mine introduced me to suboxone I felt like the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders I then knew I had to get help and get it fast...
NicoleKylla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2016, 06:25 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi NicoleKylla7, welcome. Did you find a doctor? How is your treatment going?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-03-2016)
Unread 04-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #3
NicoleKylla7

Wink I'm new to this zubsolv and suboxone

I've been on zubsolv and was working great till I got switched to suboxone. Some reason my insurance will cover suboxone but not zubsolv. Suboxone has the same med in but I don't like how I still think about the pain meds and am scared to relapse bc honestly this normal feeling I've been having for a month now makes me see a lot of light I love how I can wake up not feeling like OMG how will I move or do anything today I just feel normal. I baby sit some times up to 15 children which is a lot for anyone. But I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for suboxone, I can now go outside and just be so happy and not feel like I'm just really numb and my brains clouded bc of the meds. Somehow I wish that I could just be able to get on zubsolv.but my Medicaid deny me wanted me to try suboxone first I hate the feeling and the taste makes me gag the whole time.
Unread 04-24-2016, 06:05 AM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi NicoleKylla7, what dose of Zubsolv were you taking and what dose of Suboxone are you taking?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Thank You (08-03-2016)
Unread 04-24-2016, 10:15 AM   #5
Iamready61

I think tomorrow I am being switched from Bupe to Suboxone, same as you it is what ins will pay for..I am afraid of the change
Iamready61 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Iamready61 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-03-2016)
Unread 04-24-2016, 10:32 PM   #6
NicoleKylla7

Zubsolv 2 pills a day, suboxone 2 film a day
Unread 04-25-2016, 06:26 AM   #7
NancyB
Administrator

Hi NicoleKylla7, how long have you been taking Zubsolv and how long the film? If the film is making you gag, maybe you're losing some of it. You can try putting a mint on top of your tongue while the film dissolves - that's worked for some here. Or you may need just a little more. Zubsolv may have a better absorption rate for you than the film. Everyone is different.

If it isn't working, contest it with your insurance company with your doctor's help.

Nancy
Thank You (08-03-2016)
Unread 04-25-2016, 09:34 AM   #8
NicoleKylla7

It is very hard, I've been taking it for a month now and the zubsolv I was taking for 2 weeks felt great didn't have any thoughts of pain pills. But I don't know if it's just me or not but I have had many thoughts about pain pills on suboxone. On zubsolv I wasn't hurting my body felt good now every morning I wake up my back hurting I don't even want to get out of bed. I don't know if it's because of the medicine or not . Today I have an appointment and I will be talking to the doctor about it maybe he has a sulation to all this. But I will be trying to go ahead and get on zubsolv in my own oppion it works better for me.
Unread 04-26-2016, 06:35 AM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

Hi NicoleKylla7, how did your appointment go?

Nancy
Unread 05-03-2016, 06:02 AM   #10
NancyB
Administrator

Just checking in to see how you are NicoleKylla7. Let us know when you can.

Nancy
Unread 09-27-2016, 11:38 PM   #11
NicoleKylla7

Talking

I've been on suboxone for a while now and to be honest I wish everyone would open there eyes and see that this is truly a miracle medicine. I'm take 3 a day. My children and I are a normal family again. Wish I would have wanted this earlier in my life. Again I can't stress how much more important it is just to get up in the morning not having a cloudy brain due to pain pills and ECT. On subs I feel normal no high feeling or nothing. My children see a difference in me and so does everyone around me. The only thing that needs to happen now is some kind of help paying for the doctors visit.
One User Says Thank You to NicoleKylla7 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-28-2016)
Unread 09-28-2016, 07:23 AM   #12
NancyB
Administrator

Hi NicoleKylla7, that's so nice to hear! How often do you see your doctor? Maybe you can ask about less frequent visits? With buprenorphine being a Schedule III medication, that means a doctor can write a prescription with 5 refills.

So happy for you and your family! Thanks for checking back!

Nancy
2 Users Say Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-28-2016), Thank You (09-28-2016)