Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #1
twinkletoes

Default Can someone tell me if this is lingo for heroin?

I found a conversation between my brother and his friend and I am having a hard time deciphering it. Can someone please help me? He has admitted to using pills, but I believe he is referring to heroin in this message. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Bob - u got any Ron left?
Dave - I think I have a bump.
Bob - we should've sold those coins today so I know how much money I have to spend.
Dave - I tried calling. I wanted to.
Bob - yeah I've been sleeping all day. Trying to catch up from this week.
Dave - I hear yeah I'll probably do that tomorrow
Bob - me too can't really do anything until I know how much money I have. I spent $30 yesterday and didn't even feel that shit.
Dave - I don't know how I felt mine.
Bob - did he bring you the same shit today
Dave - not sure it looked similar but then he showed me the brown he's giving me tomorrow and mixed some in
Dave - **** I'm bored
Bob - me too.. But I know if I come over I am just going to want to get high
Dave - there won't be any here then. I will just do it.
Bob - that's no fun
Dave - it's way better if you cook it
Bob - **** you got a shot left for me
Dave - I might
Bob - might won't get me out of this warm ass bed lol
Dave - yeah got shots
Bob - ****. Let me get dressed and get into this cold ass outside shit.
Dave - vodka shots or rum
Bob - yeah. wrong shot
Dave - ooh. Beer? Tequila
twinkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2015, 07:53 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi twinkletoes, welcome. Brown could be referring to heroin, more specifically black tar heroin.

Hope that helps.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
twinkletoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi twinkletoes, welcome. Brown could be referring to heroin, more specifically black tar heroin.

Hope that helps.

Nancy
Thanks Nancy. What about "Ron" and "shots" and talking about "cooking it" are these all things associated with heroin or could it be something else?
twinkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2015, 09:01 PM   #4
Eliza12

Hi twinkletoes,

I found through Googling that one slang term for heroin is "heron" shortened to "ron" and cooking it likely means heating it up. Found different meanings for bump - small dose, sniffing a drug, injecting a drug.

Elizabeth

Last edited by Eliza12; 01-20-2015 at 09:07 PM..
Eliza12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #5
gotoffmdone

Not familiar with the Heroin lingo nor have I even seen Heroin, but if I was guessing I would say your instincts are correct. I cannot think of "ron" being code for anything else. I agree with nancy about the word "brown". Drug Inc on National Geographic used the word brown in reference to Heroin. The word "bump" could have even referred to snorting it. "Surprised he felt it" was a definite drug give-a-way

wayne
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2015, 11:49 AM   #6
Oxytarginbup#1

It's definitely heroin! Street grade heroin is typically "brown", for a time period, "China White" was being smuggled into North America, through "Air America", by a resourceful US military member, during the Vietnam, war, but actually cones from an are called the golden triangle, an area where Thailand, Burma, and Loas, connect, hence the triangle, it was also being smuggled into Montreal, Canada, through the St Laurence, water way.

It is very rare to find "China White" anymore, and in fact there are is diversified production of heroin taking place in South America, and run through Mexico, sinse it isn't indigenous to South America, the grade is lower, not as refined, and hence, a bit brown.

A bump can refer to "snorting it", and the reference about cooking it basically means to remove the impurities that make it brown, unlike "China White", that cooks up to almost the same weight as purchased.

A 30$ amount would be just enough to share recreationally, and might give 2 novices to the drug a good high, but it doesn't constitute a big score, that is a one session amount at best.

As for the other lingo, shots can mean, an amount enough to cook "one shot", a single needle dose.

If I heard that in a bar, I would think exactly what you though!

Hope that helps!
Oxytarginbup#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Oxytarginbup#1 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-22-2015), Thank You (01-24-2015)
Unread 01-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #7
Nicole0909

Yes they are talking about heroin and Ron is heroin and shots are shooting up wish you the best of look God bless
Nicole0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2015, 10:21 PM   #8
MarvinC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza12 View Post
Hi twinkletoes,

I found through Googling that one slang term for heroin is "heron" shortened to "ron" and cooking it likely means heating it up. Found different meanings for bump - small dose, sniffing a drug, injecting a drug.

Elizabeth

yep, she's right, ROn is slang for heroin.
MarvinC is offline   Reply With Quote