Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 05-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #51
TIM

Hi,
Has anyone had any success using this card to get discounts on buprenorphine? http://www.wellcardrx.com/index
Thanks,
Tim

Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. Voluntary Disclosure: Timothy L. is the President of The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine treatment. (NAABT.org) The views and opinions of Timothy L., or any poster, are not necessarily the views of AddictionSurvivors.org. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #52
asouth32

Not sure if anyone uses Goodrx.com but if you do a search for Buprenorphine/Naloxone 8mg tablets, in my area for 30 of them at CVS it comes up to 101 or 107 for 30 tablets. Now, when you go into CVS they will give you a much higher price. You give them the print out coupon, dont take the mobile one if you can help it. Most stores will print out anything you need for a dollar if you take them a SD card or a USB flash drive. Take the print out coupon and if they run it and it still takes nothing off, there is a 1800 number on that coupon paper that they have to call. If they are on Goodrx.com's website, apparently they are under contract to offer the price that they show on the website. That came from their mouth.
I did try this at Walgreen's and they wouldnt budge on their price, but now I have heard better things from other pharmacies. I am not sure how good the generic tablets are, but I am seriously thinking about switching over to them for a week to see if it is as good as the films.
Now, I have tried different prescription cards and I usually get a new one every week in the mail and the only one that has even put a dent in the script only saved me 4 dollars total. Not 4 dollars per fill, but 4 dollars total. That is not terrible, 4 dollars is a box of Ding Dong's and a Mt Dew. I have tried and tried to get insurance, but being that I am on Suboxone they wont touch me with a ten foot pole. If anyone has insurance that they have gotten after they went on Suboxone, shoot me a name. The only thing that I can get is that Kentucky Access crap and it is crazy expensive.
I have gotten my cost of medication down to 8 per film, and being that I take anywhere between 20-25 a month that isnt terrible. I also got my doctor to let me come in every other month which has saved ALOT of money. Get the phone book out, and start calling every pharmacy in a 50 mile radius or however far you are willing to travel for your medication. I am in the middle where I live so all the bigger cities are around me in about a 50 mile radius. Being that I have to drive a ways for my doctor, if I fill my medication over where he is located it isnt too big of a deal, I can always get it transferred if I need to do that.
I havent found any of the drug cards that really help out, but if I do I will always post which one and how to get ahold of it.
asouth32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #53
julie48

Hi, just wanted to mention the generics are fine and do the job. If people start over thinking they suck, then they will. The have the active ingredient to stop withdrawal and that's all one need to know! God bless!
julie48 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to julie48 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-09-2015), Thank You (07-16-2013), Thank You (07-15-2013)
Unread 10-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #54
Vic

Thumbs up "Good" experience!

I have had good experience with GoodRx knocking nearly 30% off my prescription for Buprenex (significant considering the retail price was $17.73 per vial). You can order a wallet card for free or just print one along with an actual coupon from www.goodrx.com and they have a nice phone app too. It seemed, though, like the coupon was needed because they tried unsuccessfully to process the card with the info I gave them over the phone. It's the only discount medication program partnered with MedicAlert, can keep track of your profile to update you on important information, and work in conjunction with Medicare programs (when we eventually get to that point).
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Vic For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-17-2014), Thank You (10-24-2014)
Unread 01-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #55
2x Denied Suboxone

Default i have been denied twice

I recently was put on zubsolvs and got denied by my med insurance so my doc put me on Suboxone tablets and found out today they denied me again this is so heartbreaking to me seems the harder I try in sobriety the harder things comes down on me!!!! Just don't know what I'll do now. Are there a savings card number or something that I could use to make my meds cheaper just paid my copay for my couslers 350.00 please if u no how I can save on my meds cause I am paying 100% out of pocket I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for the Add!!!
2x Denied Suboxone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2015, 05:59 PM   #56
NancyB
Administrator

Hi 2x Denied Suboxone, can you look at your insurance carrier's formulary to see what form of buprenorphine they do cover? Reckitt Benckiser discontinued Suboxone tablets, now there's only Suboxone film. But there are generic Suboxone tablets - that's probably what you were prescribed?

As for savings, here's a link to brandname Suboxone:
http://www.suboxone.com/treatment-pl...card/?cid=subx

Zubsolv:
http://zubsolv.com/about-zubsolv/patient-savings.php

Then there are the other prescription savings cards listed in this threads.

You could also call your insurer to find why they are denying the claim and what you need to do to have the medication covered.

Let us know what you find out.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-12-2015), Thank You (01-12-2015)
Unread 01-12-2015, 08:17 PM   #57
2x Denied Suboxone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi 2x Denied Suboxone, can you look at your insurance carrier's formulary to see what form of buprenorphine they do cover? Reckitt Benckiser discontinued Suboxone tablets, now there's only Suboxone film. But there are generic Suboxone tablets - that's probably what you were prescribed?

As for savings, here's a link to brandname Suboxone:
http://www.suboxone.com/treatment-pl...card/?cid=subx

Zubsolv:
http://zubsolv.com/about-zubsolv/patient-savings.php

Then there are the other prescription savings cards listed in this threads.

You could also call your insurer to find why they are denying the claim and what you need to do to have the medication covered.

Let us know what you find out.

Nancy
Thanks Nancy for the quick reply! Means a lot! Yes its the generic tablet firm and yes my insurance covers it at first they said the needed more medical information then,they denied it! I found a few savings card on this form I am going to try and use cause every dollar counts! Its averging me cause I can only pick up a couple or so when I can and its averging about 10$ a pill or so! I am,trying so hard! I call,the doc office today and told them and they said they would contact them and see what the problem is to call back in the morning. So hopefully they can get something straitened out for me. I really don't want to go back to using I want a better life I guess that is why I am not giving up and keeps me pushing forward at times I do feel likejust tthrowing my hands up cause everything well all the odds like the insurance and everything has been denied twice nothing has went my way! I guess I am holding on to that little bit of HOPE that I still have cause where ever there is a will there is a way and I try and keep myself reminded of this but I will let you know more tomorrow what is going on cause somebody else might be going threw the same thing insurance wise like me and I might be able to help them. Thank you so much and I love this site/forum it is a GREAT HELP!!!! thank you and good luck to all
2x Denied Suboxone is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to 2x Denied Suboxone For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-09-2015)
Unread 01-12-2015, 09:46 PM   #58
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, hopefully your doctor's office will be able to straighten it out. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Let us know what happens!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 07-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #59
wntpce

I have searched so many of these prescription discount cards online. You can look up how much the scripts will be and to me, these do not give you much of a discount. I saw on a post somewhere where one person used one of the cards and didn't pay much at all. It shows on a few that you can save up to 80% for suboxone but when you look at the prices it isn't even discounted. About $650 for 90 films is regular price and it still shows the same. I do not think that there IS any kind of discount card that you can use to save hundreds on this medication. I believe the person who posted that they only had to pay $30 and used to pay over $500 was a fake.. after they posted that, of course people would ask which discount card they used, and that person never answered anyone back. We all know how expensive this medication is. And if anyone is able to find a discount that really works, then I believe it would be fair for you to help others out, especially if your going to post about it.
wntpce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2015, 03:12 PM   #60
bransyn.love

Exclamation

I found a pretty good discount card, before I was switched to suboxone I was paying $1.82 a piece for the subutex. 60 of them was 103.90. Now, for the suboxone i 85$ for 15 of them. Instead of 120$ for 15 of them.. hate that I had to be switched when the subutex were so much cheaper. hope this helps someone. Ohio best rx is the card name.
bransyn.love is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to bransyn.love For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-02-2015)
Unread 11-03-2015, 05:25 AM   #61
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransyn.love View Post
I found a pretty good discount card, before I was switched to suboxone I was paying $1.82 a piece for the subutex. 60 of them was 103.90. Now, for the suboxone i 85$ for 15 of them. Instead of 120$ for 15 of them.. hate that I had to be switched when the subutex were so much cheaper. hope this helps someone. Ohio best rx is the card name.
Thank you bransyn.love! I googled the card, and here's the link to the site in case anyone needs it:

http://www.ohiobestrx.org/en/index.aspx