Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
kygirl44

Default Medicare

I need some input please! I have been seeing the same dr who is a family practice and suboxone dr for a year. I am on medicare and have been paying her $300.00 a month for visits. The other day she told me she accepts medicare for family practice so she has to accept it for the other. Therefore she is switching me to another dr within the facility which does not accept medicare. So i will still have to pay. But she said she has to reimburse me for the money I have spent since she started accepting medicare. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
kygirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi kygirl44, it sounds likes medicare must have caught up with her. From what I understand, insurance providers in general have to accept the insurance companies they contract with for everything - they can't pick and choose what they 'want' to cover. I saw this years ago with someone who had a big commercial insurance company. The patient was reimbursed (minus the copay) for the entire time of treatment.

Do you have receipts from all the time you paid $300 a month, so you know she's reimbursing you the correct amount, that's nice chunk of money you'll have coming to you, which will pay for another year of treatment since your doctor won't treat you any longer because she can't get the $300 cash from you. How unethical of her! Maybe look into seeing if there's any other doctors near you who accept medicare, if possible.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #3
Newman1

Post moved to:

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=30269
Newman1 is offline   Reply With Quote