Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
TapOut

Default Eastern Ky Physicians that accept insurance

Does anyone know any Dr's in or around Floyd, Pike, Knott Co's that accept Medicare? I'm paying $360 per month and I just keep getting my dose decreased. I've had a few Dr's contact me that accept insurance but once I tell them I'm on 24mg a day they bluntly tell me that they will write 16mg and that's it. I don't know where the common sense in that comes from but before I was switched from tablets to strips I only took 16mg per day.
I'm looking for a Dr. that will take my insurance and understands that 20yrs worth of addiction isn't as easy as snapping a finger and decreasing dosages every few months.
So
If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.
TapOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
julie48

Hi. I would go for the 16mg. That is truly a high dose. You will be surprised how well you will probably due. Good luck and keep posting. 24mg is really high. How long have u been on subs??j Julie
julie48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
bizzby45

I think it's sort of a blessing in disguise that you are in this situation . It's a good opportunity to taper a little and I don't think it will be hard for you to taper from that dose.
bizzby45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi TapOut, did you try the matching system yet?
http://www.treatmentmatch.org/

About going from 16mg of the tablets to 24mg of the film, they do have generic Suboxone tablets now, maybe that's an option for you to get back to 16mg and to one of those doctors who won't prescribe over 16?

In general with the film, most people have needed to decrease their dose because the films usually have better bioavailability. Are the films dissolving much more quickly or is there more saliva in your mouth with those versus the tablets? Recently someone said that the 4mg films were dissolving much quicker than the 8mg films and there was more saliva, so they tried putting it in between their cheek and gum like chewing tobacco and found that worked better for them. Not sure if that would work for you.
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=28726

I hope that's helpful. Let us know.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #5
asouth32

My doctor that I used to go to in Danville,KY would write up to 24mg a day but the only insurance that she would take was the medical card. I aint sure if that is Medicaid or Medicare, I get those two messed up. Anyways, the film to me is more potent than the tablets. I think 24mg is a lot to be on, but if that is what you need to get you through the day, that is your business. However, most of the doctors that I have spoken with dont want to write anymore than 2 a day. I have called all over KY being from KY myself, I will tell you that my doctor in Lexington is awesome. His name is Dr. Tuyen Tran and no he doesnt accept insurance other than the medical card, BUT he does let me come once every other month and he has been extremely helpful in working with me on costs and things like that. The script that he writes for me will last me two months and sometimes longer. He is very understanding about if I need to reschedule and the ladies that work in that office treat me with the most respect that I could ask out of any office. They remember me from appointment to appointment and ask about family issues, just friendly chatter. Things like that matter to me ALOT. If you are interested, I know that you are needing a doctor that takes insurance I can give you his number. My PCP told me that if I wanted to save a little more money he would refer me to a pain clinic in Richmond, he said that he could get the doctors over there to write me Subutex BUT I am afraid that I will mess up a good thing with Doc right now. You never know if my PCP will be able to get them to write certain things, and then again if I stop going to Doc Tran and the pain clinic doesnt work out then I have screwed up there. I will tell you straight off they have the best office that I have been to SO FAR. He told me the first day that I went in if ANYONE in their office gives me any BS, to let him know first hand. He would not stand for it, because he read my story about how I was treated at my other office. I sent them a email about how I was treated over there. It was horrible.
I didnt mean to ramble on, I do have that problem. Now I dont use the treatment matching system to find a doctor, because I have never had any luck with them.
http://www.suboxone-directory.com/
That is the one that I used to find my doctor. I got the phone out, made sure it was charged and got a notebook and went to calling every one on the list. Some of them might not be Sub doctors specifically, but doctors that will prescribe it. I did find a couple of those, but they wouldnt see me because of the length of time that I have been on Suboxone. I just have more luck if I call and ask questions myself, to me that link works better for me. I do also call a few here and there from time to time to see if any have started prescribing Subutex, because I dont know if you have this problem but for me it seems like there is NO doctors in KY that writes it other than the pain clinics. I am also leery about going to pain clinics because I have heard some weird stories of people selling drugs in the parking lot and things like that.
I guess that it happens everywhere, but I am trying to not be around things like that. I am not saying that it happens at all of them, but it does happen from time to time. I have seen it happen in the parking lot at regular doctors offices and hospital parking lots sadly.
Sorry, I ramble LOL. Hope that link helps out some.
asouth32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #6
momma1981

Thumbs up would like to get the doctors number in lexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by asouth32 View Post
My doctor that I used to go to in Danville,KY would write up to 24mg a day but the only insurance that she would take was the medical card. I aint sure if that is Medicaid or Medicare, I get those two messed up. Anyways, the film to me is more potent than the tablets. I think 24mg is a lot to be on, but if that is what you need to get you through the day, that is your business. However, most of the doctors that I have spoken with dont want to write anymore than 2 a day. I have called all over KY being from KY myself, I will tell you that my doctor in Lexington is awesome. His name is Dr. Tuyen Tran and no he doesnt accept insurance other than the medical card, BUT he does let me come once every other month and he has been extremely helpful in working with me on costs and things like that. The script that he writes for me will last me two months and sometimes longer. He is very understanding about if I need to reschedule and the ladies that work in that office treat me with the most respect that I could ask out of any office. They remember me from appointment to appointment and ask about family issues, just friendly chatter. Things like that matter to me ALOT. If you are interested, I know that you are needing a doctor that takes insurance I can give you his number. My PCP told me that if I wanted to save a little more money he would refer me to a pain clinic in Richmond, he said that he could get the doctors over there to write me Subutex BUT I am afraid that I will mess up a good thing with Doc right now. You never know if my PCP will be able to get them to write certain things, and then again if I stop going to Doc Tran and the pain clinic doesnt work out then I have screwed up there. I will tell you straight off they have the best office that I have been to SO FAR. He told me the first day that I went in if ANYONE in their office gives me any BS, to let him know first hand. He would not stand for it, because he read my story about how I was treated at my other office. I sent them a email about how I was treated over there. It was horrible.
I didnt mean to ramble on, I do have that problem. Now I dont use the treatment matching system to find a doctor, because I have never had any luck with them.
http://www.suboxone-directory.com/
That is the one that I used to find my doctor. I got the phone out, made sure it was charged and got a notebook and went to calling every one on the list. Some of them might not be Sub doctors specifically, but doctors that will prescribe it. I did find a couple of those, but they wouldnt see me because of the length of time that I have been on Suboxone. I just have more luck if I call and ask questions myself, to me that link works better for me. I do also call a few here and there from time to time to see if any have started prescribing Subutex, because I dont know if you have this problem but for me it seems like there is NO doctors in KY that writes it other than the pain clinics. I am also leery about going to pain clinics because I have heard some weird stories of people selling drugs in the parking lot and things like that.
I guess that it happens everywhere, but I am trying to not be around things like that. I am not saying that it happens at all of them, but it does happen from time to time. I have seen it happen in the parking lot at regular doctors offices and hospital parking lots sadly.
Sorry, I ramble LOL. Hope that link helps out some.
My husband has been taking suboxone for a little over a year and he is doing really well. He has come arrally long way. He was on pills for 25 yrs, now hehas been clean for a year with the help of suboxone. He is trying to find a doctor that will accept a medical card. It is really hard to pay for it out of pocke when you are trying to raise a family. Please get back in touch with me so that I can find this doctors phone number. Thanks!!!
momma1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 09:30 AM   #7
momma1981

Someone please let me know if you know any doctor and their phone number that does accept a medical card in or around Lexington Ky. Thanks so much!!!!
momma1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
asouth32

I still have not found a Medicaid doctor and I have been looking for awhile. There is one close to us, however they are completely full and have no idea when they could even fit me in. It would be 100 dollars a visit instead of 320 a month, and I have been calling them about once a week. Even if I can get in, I have to call my other doctor's office and tell them to dismiss me. I might can get it done, but sometimes you can never tell. When they made my nurse office manager, she changed her tune quite a bit.
Most all doctors will call your medicine in for PA regardless of what insurance you have, and right now mine is not costing a dime. I get 42 a month because I am only paying half of my visit right now, times are tight right now. REALLLL TIGHT.... Its ok though, we will get through.
asouth32 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to asouth32 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-11-2016)
Unread 02-13-2015, 06:13 PM   #9
renee1991

There's a clinic in paintsville that's going to start accepting insurance very soon! It's Dr. Burnette and I think it's called East Ky Recovery Center!
renee1991 is offline   Reply With Quote