Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
onelove

Default how long

Hey does anyone know how long will it take for them to send me the card for the suboxone.
onelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #2
onelove

I am on 8mg twice a day. I have been told i may have a genetic problem. This med does so much. I dont feel high and i can work, and do all the things normal people do. I have never been able to sleep or take any of the stuff that puts normal people to sleep. And it calms me down. I am very thankful for this
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
onelove

I called and they have everything they need. I dont think there will be a problem gefting it. On my taxes i made less then 10000 last year. I just hope its soon. I really dont have the money for doc and meds.
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
nan

Hello, Glad to hear that you called and all is in order. I do hope they are able to process it quickly. Do you have enough medication that will last until you get the card? You know, even with the card you will need to have a dr's prescription to get the medication. How often does your dr require office visits and does he write for refills?

I hope you will take advantage of all the good information that is available to you on this site. One of the things I wonder is if you need 16mg still. You say you have been taking that amount for one year. Have you thought about talking with your dr about tapering down at all? Another question is have you done any groups or therapy while you have been on this medication assisted program? A complete program requires more than just taking the medication. I have attached a couple of links that might be of interest to you.
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21609

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=23809

Again, I am glad that your paperwork is all in order and will keep my fingers crossed that the process is quickly done for you! Thanks for letting us know.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
onelove

I see my Doctor every 30 days. I can afford the doc visit just not med to. And what scares me about this is i always end up back on something because i sufcer froms no sleep. Even years later. .. like i said in another post normal thing that doc give you fot that hurts me or makes things worse.. i had a doc tell me that it may be deeper then a normal case and i will be on meds for a while. Suboxone kill everything but me. I can sleep and be sober and normal. I am not high nor do i feel like i am. And thats what i want more, other then sleep every night. And yes i go to celebrate recovary, it is a faith based program. My wife goes with me. I am 34 and for the first time in my life i really feel like im ali e. It is crazy what sleep and a clear mind will do.
Unread 11-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
nan

Good morning onelove, That's good to hear that you can afford the dr every month, although perhaps, since you have been seeing this dr for a year, you could ask about going every other month. The dr could write for refills on your meds. Cutting back on dr visits would save you money. And, wow, it sounds like you are doing so well with this medication assisted treatment. It is great that your wife goes with you to the recovery group, nice to have all the support.

Has your dr suggested any other medical testing to determine issues behind why you have such difficulty sleeping? Lots of people go to sleep clinics and find out just why they are having the problems.

Yep, sleep and a clear mind can do wonders!! Keep us posted.

nan
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
onelove

yes i have seen a doc for my sleep. everything they do or give me made it worse. wich is the reason i have always went back to self medicating. it has been the only thing that has helped.
Unread 11-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #8
onelove

i have seena doc for my sleeping problems. everything they have done made it worse or did not work.. i do wish there was another route but at this point i have found none. since i was very young, well as long as i can remember i, i have had this sleepi.g problem. i have got told more times then i care to here that its in my head. its not in my head.. i think something genetic is rong.
Unread 11-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

Hi onelove, what time do you take your Suboxone? Some find that if they take in the afternoon or later that they have a hard time sleeping. That might be something to take into consideration.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
onelove

my meds help me sleep. i switched from oxys to this on the street b4 i went to doc. like i said in my last post, since i was very young i have had the sleeping problem.
Unread 11-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #11
onelove

got my card info. i called and it took less then a week to get everything. card will be in mail but got all the info over the.phone so i can go ahead and use it. im so happy cant believe it. god is looking out for me.
Unread 11-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #12
onelove

Default one week

i am bout to go to work but want to thank everyone for the info and abvise. me calling them is why i got the info of my card. i did not have any med and was not sure how or when i would get any. this is alot to be taken off my shoulders cause i have school for my wife and a home. the money for that came last.
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #13
NancyB
Administrator

Hi onelove, so happy to hear everything worked out!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #14
nan

Hello onelove, so glad to hear that the process worked so quickly for you. Hopefully it will work that way for others too. And, yes, I always say one should call and keep track of the application, and in your case that surely worked to your advantage. Always like to hear good news!

nan
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #15
onelove

Default free

i would have to say that now i feel free. im no longer high and i no long spend a fortune for drugs. i am working two jobs and pitting my baby girl through school.
One User Says Thank You to onelove For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-18-2012)
Unread 11-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #16
football50

well one love thats great, kids are a blessing from God and our own personal problems shouldnt be broughten in their inoccent worlds, keep up the good work and it will all be worth it
football50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2014, 05:01 PM   #17
brasco03

Post moved to new thread:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=29536
brasco03 is offline   Reply With Quote