Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
janice

Default service

Service work is importent to me. I give back what was so freely given to me. I may not do a lot at times, but it feels good inside. When i went to my first meeting i was scared, but i wanted what they had. Today is good. Life has it's ups and downs. i manage to get threw them with HP and my fellow recovering alcholics. Jan H
janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Saint

Jan,

Hi - I'm a recovering alcoholic. A little over three years. I've learned a lot from the people that share their lives / stories with us here. Yes there are good days and bad days, such is life..... but life is so much better when alcohol is not involved, for me anyways.

I believe in a higher power but do not rely on that higher power for me to stay sober. I am however, in awe of the miracle of life when I take a moment to stop and admire the beauty of it all. We all have something to give....

Regards,
Saint

Last edited by Saint; 11-14-2012 at 09:09 PM..
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-16-2012)
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
CarlyO

Dear Janice,
Did you see your thread?

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=28149

Just wanted to make sure you knew it is there for you, would like to learn more about your story if you care to share. It is awesome that you are doing service work! Glad you are here and hope all is well. Take care, Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
theswan

Just being there can be twelve step service. I was in and out a lot in the late 70's to early 80's and it was a real comfort to see the same people (often in the same chairs) I felt like "Wow they are still here and they look good"

Active in service for years I slowed down quite a bit. I've been as high in service as coffee maker to as low in service as DCM. I was area chair for special needs and GSR (most important job in AA according to Bill W.) for a few groups.

We get no promise except another day away from the throes of alcohol but we really end up with a lot more.

So glad to enjoy service (I hated my coffee job and got many resentments over how long I had to do it which was over a year-poor ole me lol)
After I gave the job up, I wanted it back because I then saw how very important it was (it kept me sober and I had to be relied on)

Pass on your zeal to others you sponsor because of the benefit to them as well as to the fellowship (so few choose to do service I'm sure you know)

Easy does it

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to theswan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-16-2012)