Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 08-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
CarlyO

Default read about the celebrity deaths as well as Lee's friend

hi all,
I keep reading about the deaths of actors, celebrities and singers like Amy Winehouse , reports say had nothing in her system , possibly died of alcohol withdrawlas?
Then the singer from the band Warrant , back in the 80s, Janie Lane was found dead in hotel room. Ryan Dunn from Jackass fame died in DUI crash.

Not to mention Lee's friend who passed and people everywhere who struggle with this disease, the reality saddens me and scares me too. This disease is so cunning, they say jails, institutions or death, There is hope as now there are so many newer options for help/support , may us all find what works for us before it's too late !

Be well , take care , Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to CarlyO For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-30-2011), Thank You (08-30-2011)
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
R. Lee

I use my friend John's death as a example on how not to live. John helps me stay sober.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
Saint

Carly,

When you can put a name, face to the disease and see how over the years they have struggled and succumbed it strikes me how many people succumb to the disease and how easy it can be for one in recovery to fall back on old habits.
I see pictures of Amy Winehouse from a few short years ago and and compare them to recent and there is no doubt in my mind she struggled from addictions. Whether she died from her demons or not she certainly suffered. I bought her last CD and the pain in her lyrics was almost palpable for me.... I grieved for her because a part of me could identify with her struggle, and ultimately her loss.

Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #4
CarlyO

Dear Saint,

I totally agree with you about putting a name,face to the disease. I also bought her cd. she seemed to have such a hard road, in spite of her talent such a shame IMO. if she did pass away from WDS then maybe others will realize how serious they can be.

Lee, as painful as it must be , your sharing just may save someone's life or at least get them on the path to a better life ! Many thanks to you both , take care , Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote