Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #1
TattooTommy

Default TattooTommy/So. Cal.

Hey there,

I guess its been some yrs since i posted here. I guess you could say I had a bit of an attitude when I left, (thats puttin it mildly, ), LOL, but People and things change, constantly! Just when ya think ya got it all figured out and can relax something else happens! Ha! , but thats life, Ive put my life in GODS hands lately and I learn more everyday, life is much easier nowadays, Ive learned as long as I keep the Faith, and ALWAYS remember I have it, then I have no room for fear and worries that can make ya crazy! Well, I may still be crazy, but not because of fear or worries about this and that.
Anyway, I forgot my password so just re-registered, and for those who remember me, im So Cal, but was also called by my name Tattoo Tommy so it shouldnt be too confusing.
I didnt come here to rehash old things of the past or want to argue with anyone about ANYTHING!
Just wanted to drop in and see how you folks are doin over here, not that it means anything, but I still belong to the site that is I guess you would call the oposite of this sites thoughts and ideas about sub.
But that is of no concern to me, everyone has their own life to live however they think its best for them and I wish ya the best of luck in however you choose to live!
Like I said, Im just stoppin by to say Hey! , and....

"SING OUT, HEART!"
GOD, You have blessed me with so much to be grateful for today. I often wonder what I have done to be so deserving until I remember we are all Your beloved children and that we are all worthy. I have so much to do today, BUT, I wanted to start morning off by thanking You, GOD, for all You have done and all You continue to do for me and my loved ones. Your blessings make my heart sing out in joyful praise!
"Gratitude is the memory of heart"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNGnIKUdMI

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/U_dBwJDUlS4/default.jpg

Last edited by TattooTommy; 01-28-2015 at 12:45 PM..
TattooTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
TattooTommy

Also wanted to say hey! To Nancy and Jimash!
Unread 01-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hey Tommy! Wow, it really sounds like life is treating you well now that things are easier for you now. It's about time, right?! I'm very happy for you.

Thanks for stopping by and saying hey!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #4
Nicole0909

God bless keep up the good work great job
Nicole0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2015, 05:53 PM   #5
TattooTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hey Tommy! Wow, it really sounds like life is treating you well now that things are easier for you now. It's about time, right?! I'm very happy for you.

Thanks for stopping by and saying hey!

Nancy
Yea, thanks Nancy!,

I'll always remember even when my troubles got the better of me and I lashed out at everyone! You still were nice and helpful to me, and I thank you for that.

Ive finally gotten to a point where I can handle the loss's and the reaLLy bad times, of course it will always be there, But its ok, I can handle it with a little help from GOD!

Still on sub, over 10 yrs now, and hell, feel im gettin so old any changes feel like it'd be a little late in the game! LOL,

But im doin good, got a gym membership to get me through the winter, and thats a big plus cause it helps keep that winter depression at bay.

Livin alone at the moment, but thinkin on findin a stray homeless person to move in and trade cookin and cleanin for room and board, preferably female, and non english comprenday would be a plus!

Take care,
TT

oh yea, and THANK YOU NICOLE
One User Says Thank You to TattooTommy For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-28-2015)
Unread 01-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #6
TattooTommy

Oh yea, even though I just thought id pop in and see whats happenen around here these days, I do wanna apologize to those I may have dissed, cussed at, and said mean things and all that, sorry, no excuse, just had a bad attitude and today I hate to even see some of the old posts.
Nowadays its just all about finding peace of mind and searching the supernatural path towards GOD! , and keepin the Faith, I hope the people here find what they are searching for to better their live's, I wish you all the best.
TT
3 Users Say Thank You to TattooTommy For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-28-2015), Thank You (01-29-2015), Thank You (01-29-2015)
Unread 01-28-2015, 10:34 PM   #7
jimash55

Default Tommy

Hey....glad to hear from you and stay strong. You have really helped a lot of people here with your experience and wisdom...all is fine here!
jimash55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2015, 11:14 AM   #8
TattooTommy

Thanks Jim, glad to see your still here and doin well!
Thank You (01-29-2015)
Unread 01-29-2015, 06:58 PM   #9
jimash55

Default Junior Member

Tommy...I see you are a junior member now that has 9 posts...teasing! I am glad that you are back with us..time sure has a way of passing us by- drugs rob us all of so much but the good thing is we can have a brand new day any time we put our mind to it. I know all the struggles you have had andI want you to know that I thought of you often and you was in my prayers. Sometimes I think that's the key to this whole addiction thing-both our life's has hinged on the brink of feat many times but somehow and someway we pulled through... that's not luck my friend. Anyway I'm rambling and to everyone that reads this and don't know Tatoo Tommy then stick around and get to know him because he is a survivor that has a whole bunch of useful knowledge that may help you...stay strong!!
jimash55 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to jimash55 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-29-2015)
Unread 01-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #10
TattooTommy

Thanks Jim,

And I'm glad to have only 9 posts! Ha! I like the feeling of a new start! And that is actually what it is for me, not just on here, but at home too.
You give me too much credit about having knowledge to help someone, The only knowledge I want to share is of trying to be a good person, at least thats my goal for me. And trying to follow GOD'S guidance and just keep trying to be an honest , loving person/christian.
Im not here to get into all the do's and donts concerning sub. Im sorry but I just cant go there again. All I can say is if your with GOD, then just follow your heart , If GOD'S in your heart He can help you know whats right or wrong, or whats best for you alot better than I can!
And yea, I had some hard times, and I thank you for your prayers, Im doin alot better than I was, And Im glad you got through your own rough time.

TT
Unread 01-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #11
TattooTommy

I dont always feel this way....but sometimes?
-----------------
"RENEWED AND REFRESHED"
As I rise to face this miracle of a new day, I give praise to You, GOD, for the joy of renewal with which you fill my spirit. Each morning I feel more energetic, healthier, and more able to face life with a smile on my face and a joyful expectancy in my heart.
I can feel the sun on my skin, and I know that its Your light, your warmth, washing over me, letting me know that I can and will be healthy and happy.
I am alive , and my body and mind are both becoming stronger and more resilient with each passing day. For that I am so thankful!
-----------------
In writting these things it helps me become more aware of GOD, and I hope reading it does the same for others!

I know I already posted this in off topic but maybe sometimes some things can/should be repeated?
Thank You (01-31-2015)
Unread 01-31-2015, 11:27 AM   #12
TattooTommy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU6vS71hWdc

Unread 02-03-2015, 07:20 AM   #13
gotoffmdone

Tommy

good to see you are back

do not apologize for the attitude it was the real you gotta be who we are

I haven't taken sub since august and my attitude towards that opiate
has been evolving daily
wayne
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #14
TattooTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoffmdone View Post
Tommy

good to see you are back

do not apologize for the attitude it was the real you gotta be who we are

I haven't taken sub since august and my attitude towards that opiate
has been evolving daily
wayne
Thanks Wayne,

And yea, that was the real me, good thing we can change our attitudes with a little work and help from GOD! ,

And congrats on gettin off opies! Thats awesome, keep on keepin on with yer bad self!

TT
Unread 02-04-2015, 10:36 AM   #15
bugman

Default welcome back

Sorry to hear you had problems with people on the post.....sometimes people do not know how to say what they want without sounding pushy. I've been on here for years now and have only found helpful folks. The thing is, we all need this support and talking to people who have not been through it, dont really understand.....even though they try.
Happy to hear, you've found something in your life to help you find the peace your looking for...we all need that. I just wanted to say as a caution, be careful about moving in with someone.....They may not be in the same place as you are in your journey to sobriety. None of us want to see you lose the forward momentum you have gained. It is nice that you want to share you progress with others, but only when you feel your strong enough to resist any temptations that may entail. Keep, READING GOD'S WORD DAILY.....learn what our heavenly Father wants for your life. This only comes from accurate knowledge of His word. Read a little every day. Some may try to misinform you, so read it for yourself. No more preaching from me now. Wish you the best brother.
bugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2015, 05:59 AM   #16
TattooTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman View Post
Sorry to hear you had problems with people on the post.....sometimes people do not know how to say what they want without sounding pushy. I've been on here for years now and have only found helpful folks. The thing is, we all need this support and talking to people who have not been through it, dont really understand.....even though they try.
Happy to hear, you've found something in your life to help you find the peace your looking for...we all need that. I just wanted to say as a caution, be careful about moving in with someone.....They may not be in the same place as you are in your journey to sobriety. None of us want to see you lose the forward momentum you have gained. It is nice that you want to share you progress with others, but only when you feel your strong enough to resist any temptations that may entail. Keep, READING GOD'S WORD DAILY.....learn what our heavenly Father wants for your life. This only comes from accurate knowledge of His word. Read a little every day. Some may try to misinform you, so read it for yourself. No more preaching from me now. Wish you the best brother.
Thanks Bugs!

And yea, I read and pray everyday, and try not to put anything out there except the stuff that is easily understood, as far as spiritual stuff, stuff that even a non believer can use to help have a better life, you know , like loving one another, and forgiving,
Here's something I posted on FB , and it can be like one size fits all kinda thing,
---------------

I really like what I'm about to write cause it really hits home. There were so many good people in my life who helped me and my wife when we needed it, and helped our children and became a big part of their lives as well, and still are today, I love those people and they love my kids as if they were their own! And to those I say , THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU! smile emoticon
"SPREADING THE LOVE"
GOD, THANK YOU FOR THOSE SPECIAL PEOPLE WHO OVER THE YEARS HAVE BEEN JUST LIKE FAMILY TO ME. I LOVE TO THINK OF THOSE TIMES WE SPENT TOGETHER, OF THE WAY THEY'VE INFLUENCED MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER, AND OF THEIR LOVE AND ABIDING CARE FOR ME AND MY FAMILY. THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES WHEN THEY'VE SEEMED EVEN MORE LIKE FAMILY TO ME THAN ANYONE ELSE, PLEASE BLESS THESE DEAR MEMBERS OF MY EXTENDED FAMILY, AND KEEP THEM ALWAYS IN YOUR CARE!!!!
MAY GOD BLESS ME AND THE FAMILY I HAVE MADE, OR I LIKE TO SAY, THE ONE "HE" GAVE ME!
Unread 02-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #17
TattooTommy

My memory is about useless, Lost most of that function while on life support. but I do have a few memories that I will never forget and this is one of them. A LONG time ago I dreamed I recieved a letter at mail call, and inside all that was written was Matthew 7. And when I woke up I found a bible while the dream was still fresh in my mind and looked up Matthew7, and looked at verse 7-8, and it was really nice and made me wonder if GOD sometimes uses dreams to tell us something?
Anyway, this is what I read,
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, it will be opened."
Unread 02-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #18
TattooTommy

Love this youngsters voice, hopefully the name Megan White will one day be on the billboard with some #1 songs instead of youtube! :thumbup: ,Or maybe she already is?, I dont know, I see her on FB, this first song hits home , she wrote about her dad after he commited suicide. Its a good song for those of us who ever get so far down and suicide seems an option. I know ive been there, but Ive got girls of my own like her and couldnt imagine myself gettin so weak that id leave them and hurt them so bad. Its no longer an option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wAFj5mAs_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fyu...81D53E5BB0118D

Last edited by TattooTommy; 02-06-2015 at 09:03 AM..
Unread 02-13-2015, 10:24 AM   #19
So.Cal.

GOOD MORNIN! smile emoticon
I like to share things that people have written in daily devotions. Their words. But sometimes I like to share MY WORDS, lIKE THIS MORNING i JUST FEEL SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL GOD HAS PROVIDED ME. Things we sometimes take for granted, My life Isnt a really eventful life, I mean as far as doing this and that and having great times all the time. Ive had some painful events in my life, over a decade in prison, loss of home ,(tornado), and the worst, loss of wife and best friend. And the loss of the will to go on with life. When I think of the events in my life , thats what I think of,
Or maybe I should say , "It's what I used to think of"! TODAY, Im feeling alot different, Im a christian , and in becomming one , my thoughts have changed. Now, the biggest event in my life is tryin to follow Christ! And its an everyday, every minute thing! It has brought me peace, and that is more important than a eventful, out partyin kind of life I used to have.
Nowadays I just feel so grateful for the material, survival things that GOD has provided me with, Im thinking of what I'm gaining instead of what I lost. And the things I have, FAMILY, being the most important , and GOD for giving them to me.
I thank GOD daily for that and pray he watches over and protects them, as well as me.
I may not have a whole lot to do today? I can only pray I'm following GODS lead in whatever I do, and do it in a loving way. Not sure how GOD plans to use me, or if HE only wants me to share HIS love by tryin to show what HE has done/doing to me, and how, with HIS help, I'm tryin to change. And if I change enough from the party animal I used to be, still far from perfect, but trying to be an easy goin person who isnt afraid or ashamed to speak of GOD , AND LOVING ONE ANOTHER, maybe someone will notice and get curious!?
So.Cal. is offline   Reply With Quote