Addiction Survivors

Notices

Reply
Unread 10-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
BlondieD
Junior Member
 
Posts: 2
Default

I am trying to figure out a couple of things. Well care is making me go to Zubsolv tablets instead of Subozone. They give me 3 a day. These tablets are 4.6 and 1.7 mgs. How has others been??? I'm in KY I know that changes a few things. I also wonder if my doctor will let me pay for subutex? I'd rather take them but I have asked before and they said it's only if u r pregnant. I know 4 a fact at other doctors farther away give men subutex. Any advice on what to do?
BlondieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator
 
Posts: 25,466
Default

Hi BlondieD, welcome. Have you thought about giving Zubsolv a try - especially since your insurance covers it? The 5.7mg(bupe)/1.4mg(naloxone) is theoretically the equivalent to the 8mg/2mg Suboxone as the 1.4mg/0.36mg Zubsolv to the 2mg/1mg Suboxone. Zubsolv is supposed to have better absorption and that's why less medication is needed in each pill. If you try them and they don't work, then you could at least tell your doctor that they're not as effective as the Suboxone for you. Just a thought - especially because of the cost factor.

There is also a generic Suboxone tablet if your doctor won't prescribe the generic -tex. But call around for pricing because they can be pretty pricey.

Hope that helps.

Nancy
__________________
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-05-2014)
Unread 10-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
TIM
Senior Member
 
TIM's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,632
Default

Hi BlondieD,
Welcome to Addiction Survivors. I agree with NancyB and also want to let you know about a discount plan the makers of Zubsolv have which helps pay toward any copay out of pocket costs. Here's the link: http://www.zubsolv.com/about-zubsolv...nt-savings.php

Here are other ways to save money on buprenorphine treatment: http://www.naabt.org/buprenorphine-cost.cfm

Tim
__________________
A


Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. Voluntary Disclosure: Timothy L. is the President of The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine treatment. (NAABT.org) The views and opinions of Timothy L., or any poster, are not necessarily the views of AddictionSurvivors.org. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
reti4455
Senior Member
 
Posts: 209
Default

Hi Blondie, Havn,t personally tried zubsolv and don,t know anyone who has until just recently. I asked her if she noticed any difference from subs. She said she didn,t notice much difference. She said they dissolve faster and don,t have that crappy taste that subs have.
Sub drs around here don,t prescribe subutex either. How long have you been taking the Zubsolv? Does it work for you?
reti4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to reti4455 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-07-2015)
Unread 10-07-2014, 01:21 AM   #5
gotoffmdone
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,500
Default

Isn't it frustrating as all get out when Drs will not allow a patient to save quite a bit of money by giving them generic Subutex. My first Dr gave me nothing but Subutex from the very first day. My second Dr was relucutant until the office mgr had a talk with someone that was not the bias drug rep who discourged Dr from writing the subutex. For every subutex script that was one less RB suboxone script so he had the Dr scared to death thing the DEA would move in next door to him if he wrote subutex, which is clearly not the case. Its entirely up to the Dr as to what they write , refills, etc... I have often wondered what it was in the few hours course they took or the literature they read that made then so against giving Subutex. Its illogical to me to be so bias against Sub. I understand part of their thinking but after a while when a patient has proven to be stable and compliant(aka trustworthy) why do they remain so against writing Subutex even if only on a case by case basis. Where does that come from. I know the literature make reference to the fact that Subutex can be easily abused but man in my opinion Drs take this whole subutex vs Suboxone issue to the extreme. For sure skewed in favor of suboxone. There is a sizeable cost savings in the generic Subutex vs all other forms. I have no idea what a generic Suboxone cost no longer being a Suboxone patient(which means when I see my Dr now my insurance is billed) but from what I hear the generic cost of suboxone is not all that much different than brand name. That is hearsay cause I have no first hand knowledge but if the generic is close to the same as brand name what is the purpose of making a generic. I will never comprehend why they make drug treatment be it methadone clinic of Suboxone so expensive. Obviously it is for the money and just like what it takes for some people to score drug on the street money wise the dealers do not care at all where and how the cash to pay for the meds have to come from. My last Dr would charge me to sign a sub script but if I went in and got any other script they would bill my insurance. Actually they billed my insurance even when I get Sub. They charged me cash to sign the sub script along with submitting a bill to my insurance for whatever else I got. They said if it was medically related they would submit my visit to my insurance which was a direct implication that suboxone treatment was not seen as a medical issue. Yet I had to go to a medical Dr to get Sub. Some things I will never understand. I wish you luck on whatever you end up with and hope it works as you intend. Like you said you know Drs that do write Sub. Why they are few and far between beats the heck out of me. treatment of any kind should be tailored to the patient. The cookie cutter approach where one size fits all makes no sense whatsoever.

My best wishes to you.

wayne
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to gotoffmdone For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-25-2015)
Unread 10-07-2014, 06:30 PM   #6
reti4455
Senior Member
 
Posts: 209
Default

Was reading this post again. Noticed I made mistake. The girl I was talking to who was taking Zubsolv said the strips desolve faster but the zubsolv didn,t have the crappy taste. Sorry about mix up.
Wayne, I couldn,t agree with you more about the subutex/suboxone thing.
Its all about the money.
reti4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to reti4455 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-07-2015), Thank You (01-25-2015)
Unread 10-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #7
zubsolv
Junior Member
 
Posts: 2
Default

Hi. I have been on Zubsolv for a month now. 2 5.7 mg a day. Compared to suboxone they dissolve completely in about 15 seconds! They taste 100 times better ( menthol). And they don't give me a headache later! I'm definitely a huge fan! For some reason the suboxone made me feel real bad and the Zubsolv does the exact opposite. The problem is the cost. They are much cheaper for me than the suboxone still. Zubsolv is $6 a pill vs $11 a film for suboxone. Orexo has a new coupon out for the Zubsolv that saves you $2.50 a pill up to 90 pills for a total savings of $225. I get 60 pills a month and save $150 a month which helps.
zubsolv is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to zubsolv For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-07-2015), Thank You (10-15-2014), Thank You (10-15-2014)
Unread 01-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #8
mamacatfan
Junior Member
 
Posts: 2
Default Zubsolv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi BlondieD, welcome. Have you thought about giving Zubsolv a try - especially since your insurance covers it? The 5.7mg(bupe)/1.4mg(naloxone) is theoretically the equivalent to the 8mg/2mg Suboxone as the 1.4mg/0.36mg Zubsolv to the 2mg/1mg Suboxone. Zubsolv is supposed to have better absorption and that's why less medication is needed in each pill. If you try them and they don't work, then you could at least tell your doctor that they're not as effective as the Suboxone for you. Just a thought - especially because of the cost factor.

There is also a generic Suboxone tablet if your doctor won't prescribe the generic -tex. But call around for pricing because they can be pretty pricey.

Hope that helps.

Nancy

I work with patients from Kentucky who recently had to make the switch to Zubsolv. After using it for a few weeks, most of them thought the difference had to do with quicker absorption. They felt like they had a stronger effect right away, but it diminished a little quicker, and what they were experiencing wasn't a lack of effect, but the subjective experience of having such a big difference in effect between doses...does that make sense?
mamacatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Users Say Thank You to mamacatfan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-07-2015), Thank You (04-09-2015), Thank You (01-05-2015), Thank You (01-04-2015), Thank You (02-04-2015), Thank You (01-05-2015)
Unread 01-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #9
mamacatfan
Junior Member
 
Posts: 2
Default

Drs who prescribe buprenorphine of any kind are under a microscope. If there is even a hint or rumor at this point that a prescriber has an issue with diversion, their career can take a major hit. The issue isn't the physician or the medicine...but the lack of understanding about MAT and the stigma that goes with it. It is widely understood (or assumed) that buprenorphine on its own is diverted more than that which is combined with Naloxone. We have to attack the lack of information and the stigma...not the physician.
mamacatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Say Thank You to mamacatfan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-25-2015), Thank You (01-04-2015), Thank You (02-04-2015), Thank You (01-05-2015)
Unread 01-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #10
jekmimi
Senior Member
 
Posts: 113
Default

Hi, friends! I was switched to Zubsolv when United Health Care decided not to cover Suboxone. I kicked and screamed (not literally, but felt like it!) b/c I really liked my Suboxone, and was sure that Zubsolv would be something that I wouldn't like or that wouldn't work. Well, I was wrong----I am VERY happy with Zub, it dissolves quickly, tastes fine (menthol), keeps those awful cravings, which are so painful, at bay. I have been in recovery, using buprenorphine for 5 1/2 years. I thank God each day for the blessing of this amazing drug, which brings relief and let us live a normal, happy and active life! Good luck and God bless you.
jekmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2015, 07:34 PM   #11
waterman
Junior Member
 
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieD View Post
I am trying to figure out a couple of things. Well care is making me go to Zubsolv tablets instead of Subozone. They give me 3 a day. These tablets are 4.6 and 1.7 mgs. How has others been??? I'm in KY I know that changes a few things. I also wonder if my doctor will let me pay for subutex? I'd rather take them but I have asked before and they said it's only if u r pregnant. I know 4 a fact at other doctors farther away give men subutex. Any advice on what to do?

blondie what part of ky are you from???can you ph me and let me know what dr(s) are prescribing subutex for people???this is what im lookin for,if you can help me out i appreciate it very much.
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to waterman For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-07-2015)
Unread 02-04-2015, 07:37 PM   #12
waterman
Junior Member
 
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoffmdone View Post
Isn't it frustrating as all get out when Drs will not allow a patient to save quite a bit of money by giving them generic Subutex. My first Dr gave me nothing but Subutex from the very first day. My second Dr was relucutant until the office mgr had a talk with someone that was not the bias drug rep who discourged Dr from writing the subutex. For every subutex script that was one less RB suboxone script so he had the Dr scared to death thing the DEA would move in next door to him if he wrote subutex, which is clearly not the case. Its entirely up to the Dr as to what they write , refills, etc... I have often wondered what it was in the few hours course they took or the literature they read that made then so against giving Subutex. Its illogical to me to be so bias against Sub. I understand part of their thinking but after a while when a patient has proven to be stable and compliant(aka trustworthy) why do they remain so against writing Subutex even if only on a case by case basis. Where does that come from. I know the literature make reference to the fact that Subutex can be easily abused but man in my opinion Drs take this whole subutex vs Suboxone issue to the extreme. For sure skewed in favor of suboxone. There is a sizeable cost savings in the generic Subutex vs all other forms. I have no idea what a generic Suboxone cost no longer being a Suboxone patient(which means when I see my Dr now my insurance is billed) but from what I hear the generic cost of suboxone is not all that much different than brand name. That is hearsay cause I have no first hand knowledge but if the generic is close to the same as brand name what is the purpose of making a generic. I will never comprehend why they make drug treatment be it methadone clinic of Suboxone so expensive. Obviously it is for the money and just like what it takes for some people to score drug on the street money wise the dealers do not care at all where and how the cash to pay for the meds have to come from. My last Dr would charge me to sign a sub script but if I went in and got any other script they would bill my insurance. Actually they billed my insurance even when I get Sub. They charged me cash to sign the sub script along with submitting a bill to my insurance for whatever else I got. They said if it was medically related they would submit my visit to my insurance which was a direct implication that suboxone treatment was not seen as a medical issue. Yet I had to go to a medical Dr to get Sub. Some things I will never understand. I wish you luck on whatever you end up with and hope it works as you intend. Like you said you know Drs that do write Sub. Why they are few and far between beats the heck out of me. treatment of any kind should be tailored to the patient. The cookie cutter approach where one size fits all makes no sense whatsoever.

My best wishes to you.

wayne
makes you wonder why the hell they even make it(subutex)if they are so against prescribing it,that pregnant woman bullcrap is just that,bullcrap).if they are so dang against drs writing subutex then just take it off the market and be done with it already
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to waterman For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-07-2015)
Unread 04-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #13
babycakes83
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
blondie what part of ky are you from???can you ph me and let me know what dr(s) are prescribing subutex for people???this is what im lookin for,if you can help me out i appreciate it very much.
Hi I'm new here and don't really know what I'm doing,I see your in My and so am I lol. I just went to my visit today and my doctor told me passport and any other Medicaid insurance will not help me pay for my prescription on suboxone 8 mg film. I will have to be on zubsolve or some other brand. I'm not sure of either, I've never heard of them and I'm very nervous because I have been doing awesome on suboxone and have had clean urine test every time. She told me she would work with me and make sure he gives me coupons to where I'm paying not much more then I am now on prescription, I really hope so because that monthly visit cost is about all I can afford to throw out. Any advice
babycakes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #14
NancyB
Administrator
 
Posts: 25,466
Default

Hi babycakes, Zubsolv has the same ingredients as Suboxone. The doses are a little different because there's supposed to be better absorption with the Zubsolv. The equivalent to 1 8mg Suboxone is 1 5.7mg zubsolv.

Here's their link: https://www.zubsolv.com/

If your insurance will pay for the Zubsolv, you might want to give it a try for a month. If you don't like it after that, then you can always switch back.

You're not eligible for the Suboxone savings card because you have medicaid.
http://www.suboxone.com/treatment-pl...-card?cid=subx
"You are not eligible if your prescriptions are paid by any state or federally funded health insurance, including, but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, VA, DOD, TriCare, or where prohibited by law."

I hope that helps.

Nancy
__________________
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-07-2015)
Unread 04-07-2015, 05:55 PM   #15
gotoffmdone
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,500
Default

"Prices for generics have not yet dropped significantly below brand-name products, and in some cases may even be more expensive, check with your pharmacy"

I do not understand why they make tx so hard to get, and never will

wayne
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to gotoffmdone For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-04-2015)
Unread 04-13-2015, 01:04 PM   #16
TIM
Senior Member
 
TIM's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,632
Default

Hi wayne,
Things are starting to change, as far as prices for medication go. Now that there is competition prices have stopped rising and we are beginning to see increasingly generous copay card offers. All of the companies have increased the discounts of their cards. As people start to use the newer brands, the market leaders will continue to lose market share leaving price competition as a final tactic. The stronger the competition the faster this will happen.

However, working against a price drop is increased entitlement and insurance coverage. Although this benefits the those with coverage, it has an effect of keeping prices high, by making patients less affected by price and hence less concerned with shopping for the lowest price, since it would only benefit their insurer or other third party payer.

Still, I think we will see the continuation of lowering prices, unless some of the competition fails and there is a reduction in competition.

Doctor visits on other hand, may get more expensive. Many doctors have told me they are stopping to treat addiction due to new state laws which act as the final straw making the burden of being a buprenorphine provider too onerous. I read in one article that their are over 700 pending laws concerning opioid addiction now in state legislatures. All of the laws I've seen would end up decreasing access to treatment, thus raising the price.

Also, now that taxpayers are on the hook for addiction treatment, more non-evidence based rehab resorts have popped up. Have you noticed the increase in their commercials? Some of these places charge $20,000 for two weeks and consist of detox/ comfort meds (not buprenorphine) therapy and 12 step. This will eventually stain the entire field and probably lead to more obstacles to treatment.

Our only hope at lower prices is to get rid of the regulations, like the 30/100 limit, get the DEA and regulators off the doctor's backs so more will treat addiction and bring some competition.

Tim
__________________
A


Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. Voluntary Disclosure: Timothy L. is the President of The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine treatment. (NAABT.org) The views and opinions of Timothy L., or any poster, are not necessarily the views of AddictionSurvivors.org. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2015, 11:22 AM   #17
Tmw
Junior Member
 
Posts: 3
Default

Zubusolv is way to go
Tmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2014 Addiction Survivors