Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-31-2014, 10:46 PM   #51
jimash55

Default Wayne

...I don't understand what you are talking about in your post...is your post in the right place?
jimash55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #52
TIM

Default Update on last summer’s patient survey-

An abstract about the survey results was accepted to be presented at the annual ASAM http://www.asam.org/ conference next month. It is focused primarily on the finding that most diverted buprenorphine is not abused but instead used to self-medicate.

ASAM is the leading addiction authority in the medical field, so we are reaching the top people in the field. Our hope is that this will help extinguish fears that more buprenorphine access means more abuse, which the evidence we will present, shows this is completely false. This might help convince influential people that more access is a good thing while it’s the rationing itself which is responsible for the majority of the diversion.

Once it is released at the conference I will be able to share more of the findings of the survey here.

Thanks to everyone who participated!
Tim

Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. Voluntary Disclosure: Timothy L. is the President of The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine treatment. (NAABT.org) The views and opinions of Timothy L., or any poster, are not necessarily the views of AddictionSurvivors.org. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to TIM For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-20-2015)
Unread 03-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #53
maxxx

Default UPDATE- COMPLETE- Patient Marketing Survey – $100

Thank you Tim and all you folks do here. I was glad to take the survey myself and thamk you for the update.
As we who know the truths about this treatment, im glad to see this information will get into more hands of the people in power who make policy.
The stigma can be reducted or maybe one day end. As with other life diseases such as cancer and HIV, if the real truth can be see and heard we will all be etter off and many more lives can be saved.
It saddens me to see my fellow addicts in my state die...
My first year i was totally against "Sub on the street". Selfish of me. a "i got mine the right way,to bad for you", sickening.
Today 3 years later I see . I see what people have to do, and maybe, just maybe it will bring them in to treatment. No, I dont condone selling on the street, but today i understand why...
I push for Buprenorphine education in the clinic and recovery rooms im a part of. Amazing how much disinformation is still in the minds of professionals. Only fning to do is to keep talking about it. And someday the cap will be lifted an all will be welcomed..thanks for being here Addiction Survivors! !!!
maxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to maxxx For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-25-2015), Thank You (03-27-2015)
Unread 03-27-2015, 12:00 PM   #54
TIM

Thanks Maxxx, The word is getting out, here's an article I wrote which got published today. Hopefully it will help set the record straight surrounding bupe treatment.

http://www.futureofpersonalhealth.co...tm_medium=next

(I didn't write the title )

Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. Voluntary Disclosure: Timothy L. is the President of The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine treatment. (NAABT.org) The views and opinions of Timothy L., or any poster, are not necessarily the views of AddictionSurvivors.org. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider Any information you read here should only serve to inspire you to investigate further with credible, verifiable referenced sources or your doctor.
Unread 04-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #55
TIM

Today, some of the results of last year’s NAABT patient survey are being presented at the annual ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine) conference.

I am very pleased to have had some of the most respected doctors and researchers work on this presentation and analyze the results.

The conclusion (which will not come as surprise to anyone on this forum) overwhelming showed that diversion of buprenorphine (hyped by the media and portrayed as the next epidemic) is largely a result of the limited access environment and that, which is diverted, is typically not abused but used as indicated to stop cravings and withdrawal, which allows patients to remain in stable treatments as they self-medicate, despite a preference to be under the care of a doctor.

This is the first real evidence showing what we all know, that it is the rationing policy and over regulation that produces the lack of access driving what limited diversion there is.

Recently, state legislatures have cited an increase in buprenorphine diversion (often stated in percentage terms to look worse than it is) and are in the process of restricting buprenorphine further in a misguided attempt to curtail diversion. Hopefully the release of this data will prove to them that more, not less, access to treatment will reduce the need for patients to self-medicate with diverted buprenorphine.

Here is the link to the study results: http://www.eventscribe.com/2015/post...TA2MzQ3NzMyMQ#

2 Users Say Thank You to TIM For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-23-2015), Thank You (04-23-2015)
Unread 04-23-2015, 10:41 PM   #56
jimash55

Default Study

I have told my Doctor and his boss that if I could I would stand on the street corner and pass out Bup. I tell that to any one that will listen to grab their attention before I go on a rant about all the negative regarding this topic.i am very fortunate that I have a good relationship with the staff at the D.C. Veterans Hospital... they care and they listen. Also, if I have a good suggestion as far as treatment they will implement it in their program. I am a little off topic but hopefully this will open some eyes. One last thing... we(us) members need to continue to advocate about the positive side of this and help put a end to the negative b.s.
One User Says Thank You to jimash55 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-23-2015)
Unread 04-23-2015, 10:45 PM   #57
jimash55

Default Study

I tried to ready the study results and it won't open... got a message that said"oops something went wrong".
Unread 04-24-2015, 11:07 AM   #58
TIM

I had a problem opening it on my mobile device but on the PC it opened in FireFox and Chrome, maybe others. Is anyone else having trouble viewing?

Just launched today-
Here's another site which used some of the feedback from people on this site and those of you who participated in the latest NAABT survey last Fall. http://www.outthemonster.com/

I saw the original version and some of the comments offered, and it looks like they took all of them into consideration. You guys made a big difference here.

Tim