Addiction Survivors

Unread 04-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #101
Kia25

Hello Nancy,
I just got back from taking my son to an open house at the college he chose to go to in the fall. Very exciting time for us !

I think that's exactly what happened. I never needed the 16mg to begin with. Actually after reading some of the threads here, that was when I figured that out ! !!!

I know I've read alot of threads that complain about their doctors, from the way they are treated to the dose they are prescribed to the money they charge.

I can get why the 16mg dose would be a pet peeve, I'm guessing alot of doctors are in it for the money, sadly. JUST my opinion.
My doctor has been great, he did tell me, now that I think about it, that I wouldnt need the whole 16mg but he would write the script for that in case I wanted it. So he left it up to me. And me, being the addict I am, took the 16mg and went with it.

I'm glad I'm learning to work with less.
Less IS more they say !!!
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #102
Want2beclean

Hi kia just took the time to read all of ur thread and it was great. What dose are u on now and how long did it take u to get from 16 to 12mg? As u saw on mine I tried to go from 16 to 12 and that worked for 3 days but I started feeling crappy so went bck to 16. Saw on here that the med free I was really needing is only taking so many applications a month now. That really has me down today and my jeep was cutting off at red lights today out of the blue. Dont know what im going to do about it because the only money I have is for my doctors visit($85) & my meds for month($400). So stressed about it!!! Feels good to read ur post and see that I to can have 100 plus days if I just let my sub work for me. Keep up the goodwork and enjoy ur children I sure am. I just let my son stay w/dad for years and ate pills to cover up the feelings from it. Now that im 3 weeks clean cant belive I just left him there yr after yr. Funny how we feel things now. Sorry bout the rambling on just need to get it out. Tnx
Want2beclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #103
Kia25

Default Thanks for stopping by !!!

Want2beclean,

It was so nice to wake up and see your comment ! Please dont worry about the rant, feel free to do it, I don't mind. It does you good to get things out.

My one suggestion about dropping your dose. When I do it, I only go 2mg at a time. I started at 16mg, and now I am at 10mg. I dropped only 2mg each time, and honestly my body didnt feel a thing. Never even noticed.

Try that !!!!

I know you'll reach 100 days !!! Believe in yourself, you can do this !

I'm glad thing are working out with your son. I know what you mean about looking back and wonder why we did the things we did. BUT, it's in the PAST and we are going to leave it there !! Deal??????

I'm sorry about the money situation, things will work it self out. We always found money for our DOC, right? It will be ok.

Thanks again for your post. See you in chat tonight???
Unread 04-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #104
Want2beclean

Glad I check your page because I almost forgot about chat today. Tnx. See you there in15
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #105
Kia25

I guess you were having problems in chat. What happened ?

Had a rough afternoon yesterday fighting some sort of sickness, but felt real cravings too. Didn't act, didn't take Extra Subs, went to the Gym, drank a lot of water and felt better.
Still trying to get to 8mg but havent felt good about it yet.
No pressure. I'll stay at 10mg.

Want2....keep checking back, i'm here !!!
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #106
NancyB
Administrator

Hope you're feeling better and have a good day today Kia25!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #107
Want2beclean

Hey Kia I'm not sure what was wrong with my phone. It would show me the wall but I couldn't post or see anyone elses post. It showed me who all was in the chat room but wouldn't let me chat. Worried it's going to do the samething Thurs. hopefully not. Well the needy meds people have my application and are working on it. They called my doctors office yesterday and said I needed to send my 1040 tax form instead of W'2, so I did asap. I took my whole dose yesterday and today at once so I could quit watching the clock for that second dose. Hope your doing ok and do you know what caused your craving yesterday. Glad you worked threw it though. You give me hope keep up the goodwork girl. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #108
Kia25

Hey Want2,
I have my fingers crossed that your application goes through !!!!
I also hope that your phone works for Chat tomorrow ! I know how frustrated that must be.

I don't know what's up with my cravings. It happened today, but not as bad. I'm thinking I might go back up to 12mg and see if thats it. Just a thought. I dropped my dose to 10 last week and I thought it was going well....ugh. But I won't sweat it.

I'm glad I am giving you hope at least, stay strong, we both can do this !!! Sorry I didnt respond earlier, I can't respond while I'm at work.
How did you do with your one dose today ? I think that's a HUGE step in the right direction, I'm proud of you for that !
take care girl !
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #109
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Kia, if you're still having cravings, then it's probably a good idea to go back to 12mg and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then you probably have to do some examination to see if you can pinpoint why they're happening - is it in response to something going on, etc.

Better to try that than to keep getting the cravings, right?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #110
Kia25

Hey Nancy,
I hate to say, that's just what I did. I up'd my dose.
I don't understand why this happened, I never had a problem when I lowered the other 2 times. I don't get it. I looked back in my calendar and I was on 12mg for a month prior to dropping to 10mg, I would think that was long enough.
UGH. this upsets me.
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #111
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Kia, don't let it upset you. It just wasn't time yet. Give it a little more time and then try again. No sense in rushing if it's just going to cause cravings. The only constant with tapering is to follow your body and don't rush it. So you're body is telling you it's not ready yet. You tried, which is what counts!

Nancy
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #112
Want2beclean

Hi it upset me to when I dropped to 12 and had to go back g to 16 but I guess it is what it is. I also had to split my dose today because I just act and feel like a mad woman when I take the whole 16 at once. I get very agitated and angry. I catch myself not being able to deal with my kids. Samething happend last time I took whole dose. I know were suppose to dose once a day but spliting mine is going to have to wrk for now. I only took 12 today because I only had 3 films left and needed meds for today and tmrw. Going to see if I can just get half my script tmrw for $200 I dont have the full $400 right now my stupid jeep is acting crazy & I need to have money to fix it. I wont be getting my meds free this month and maybe not next month either. They are only taking so many apps a month so not sure where mine will fall. Will call on 6th of next month to see if mine got in. Really needed to get approved asap but hey what can I do. Hope all is well with you.
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #113
Kia25

Default It is what it is ~

Thanks for the kind words Nancy and Want2.

First thing, is that I realized something. I'm trying to explain here what I'm feeling and I'm labeling it a "craving" but what I am experiencing is more a "withdrawal" feeling. I know with me anyway, those two feelings go hand in hand, don't they ? But I was getting that uncomfortable feeling, achy, a little sweaty ....very mild. Like I had said, I was able to work through it, and really didnt start untill the second week I was at 10mg, that's what I don't understand.
I know I shouldnt get upset. But in the back of all of us Newbies, is the big bad Taper. (I'm kidding Nancy, just being dramatic!!!)

I just want a smooth experience, and I'm trying not to get down about this.
Like Want2 said, it is what it is.
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #114
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Kia, sometimes it takes longer for withdrawals to show up in people - it could be that's what happened. I've seen people not feel any real bothersome WDs until a week. Because of that halflife - and when you finally got to a true 10mg, instead of just a little above, is when you could really feel it.

I don't know if these will help, but here are some graphs Tim made a few years ago about the halflife - building up to stabilize, then how one dose dissipates, and more. Of course keep in mind the figures he's using is if someone gets 100% absorption, which no one does sublingually.
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=16394

Kia, it could also be that your dose might be 11mg, but that would really be a pain in the butt to cut pills to! lol Unless you took 12 one day and 10 the next to average 11. But I think if you just stick to 12mg it would be easier all around and you'll just try again - or you'll get a signal like before when you got tired. It's just all part of the process.

Just look at all the progress you've made and how well you're doing, that's what's impressive!

Nancy
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #115
Kia25

Nancy,
Thanks for the link to the graphs, that was helpful to see. I understand feeling the change a week later, I think ! LOL !
I took 12mg again today and feel fine. I went to the gym and am back to feeling normal again.
I guess your right it wasnt time.
I'm just going to have to wait and see. When it's time I 'll know it.
I hope !
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #116
Want2beclean

Hi Kia just wanted to stop by and say thanks for ur post and postive comments, I sure need them right now. Past two days have been real stressful for me. I always would run to drugs when I felt like ive been feeling latley. So proud that I didnt though. Girl dont worry about going back up to 12 just look at how youve dropped from 16 already, in what 115 days? Thats great!!! Glad u know your body and u know not to rush it. You have plenty of time to taper if ur not paying out of pocket like me. Im calling on the 6th to see if my application made it threw. Oh I really hope so!!! Ive had so much going on I forgot about chat thurs. Will u remind me on my page for Mondays please. Keep up the goodwork girl!! Tlk to u soon
Unread 04-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #117
Kia25

Hey Lyndsay,

I know you've been stressed, and I am here for you ! We are in this together, right?
I am also proud that you didnt make that call. You know, and I know that it would just make you feel like shit and regret doing it after all your hard work to get to today.
I cannot wait to see you type that your at 115 days !!!
I realize, I do have plenty of time to taper. I'm cool with it now. I definately feel so much better going back up to 12mg.
I will for sure remind you about chat on Monday.

And please keep my son in your prayers he's flying home tomorrow and the weather has been bad where he is, I'm a nervous Mama right now !!!!
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #118
Want2beclean

Praying right now for him.
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #119
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Kia, let us know when your son is home safely. He's in my thoughts; along with his nervous mama.

Nancy
Unread 04-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #120
Kia25

Default Leaving on a jet plane

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. His plane should land around 4:10pm (EST)
I'll certainly post then.

Signed,
Nervous Mama
Unread 04-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #121
Kia25

Default UPDATE

MY SON IS HOME SAFE AND SOUND

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers

Signed,
One HAPPY Mama ~
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #122
NancyB
Administrator

Yay! Now you can relax! I like One Happy Mama much better than Nervous Mama.

Nancy
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #123
Want2beclean

Yea so glad his flight went well.
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #124
Want2beclean

Hi Kia hope your doing ok. Im doing better just taking it one day at a time. Well I wont be able to chat on mons or thurs because my chat screen is still blank when I try to post . Putting one of the 4 parts on jeep that the dealer said I needed tmrw. $525 just to do this part tmrw, urghhh. Just praying that this works and the dealer was trying to get me to spend more money, like they are known for. I'm calling tmrw to check on status of my application for the med free. Well again I'm glad your son made it home safe. I will keep you posted on all my stressful stuff going on. Lol Bye
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #125
Kia25

Hey Lyndsay,
That sucks about Chat ! You gotta figure out what's up with that. I didnt make it to chat last night, been feeling shitty about some stuff I will get to in a minute.
I am sure praying that your jeep gets fixed without you having to spend alot of money on it. I wish I could help you out, I have an extra truck here you could borrow ! I wish, right???

Thank you so much for your prayers for my son. He was away for FIVE days and man did I miss him ! I'm so emotional lately especially when it comes to him for some reason. He's just growing up so fast. Graduating high school in June and turning 18 ~ UGH ~ where did the time go ?

Anyway, I really feel like I screwed up this past week.
And been feeling guilty not talking about it here.
After my 10mg wasnt working out, and I had to go back up to 12mg I ended up just creeping back up to 16mg ( this went on while my son was away) I tried to go back to 12mg, but that's like a 4mg difference, and I felt it, big time, like in withdrawals.

I feel like such a failure. I was almost at 8mg where I think I should be and now I'm back where I started.
Unread 05-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #126
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Kia, please stop feeling guilty and stop beating yourself up. 10mg didn't work, it's really not a big deal, since there is no hard and fast schedule of how someone is able to reduce, it just happens.

About you going up to 16mg, it sounds like it was a reflex reaction to the stress of your son being gone and worrying? That's something you need to learn some tools to help you cope when things like that happen. Take it as a learning experience, and look at ways that you can overcome stress/anxiety like that without reaching for 'something'.

I wonder if you felt going back to 12mg more because you're upset with yourself and anxiety is still playing a part? Just something to think about.

Feeling guilty is only going to make things worse. Instead, be proactive in finding a therapist or other ways to help you develop tools to deal with such circumstances. That's a better way to use that energy instead of with guilt.

Nancy
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #127
Want2beclean

Omg girl dont u even feel like a failure you are not using your doc so that alone is outstanding!!!! Im so sorry you feel that way but to just be clean is all you need to worry about. As I was reading I was so scared u were about to say u used then I saw u just went back up phewww u scared me. You can always get back to 10mg just like u did before. Im smiled big when I saw the part about u letting me use your extra truck, so sweet. At wrk but had to write something quick. Be bck later to finish
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #128
Kia25

Default Thank you !

Nancy,
I think your right about this being a "reflex reaction" ~ Looking back, I don't even have a reason why I did it.
The only thing I can say, is when I went back to 12mg from 10, I was still feeling some withdrawals. So instead of just riding it out like I was doing when that happened, I jumped 4mg more like an idiot !!!!
It wasnt like there was an argument, or incident that prompted me. Aside from my son being gone that is. So you did give me something to think about.
Lyndsay,
Thanks for being here for me for support. I really appreciate it.
Your right, it could have been worse. I could have taken my DOC, THAT would have been bad.
This is fixable.
I started with today. I took 14mg this morning. Not 12mg like I would have liked, but not 16mg that's upsetting me.
I just have to start my taper all over again.
Move on.
Right?
Right?
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #129
Want2beclean

Hey at home now Kia your doing such a good job you are what almost 4months clean now. Please dont be upset that u went back up, its no big deal considering what you use to do to your body. Not sure how many people tell u but I'm so proud of you and have told you before that you give me hope. Don't beat your self up over this!!! I agree with nancy that you and me have to find ways to deal with stress better. Just the past few days with all my stress if i had the extra sub I would have taken more than my 16mg dose. I just didn't have any extra. Now a few days later and some of the stress gone it scares me that I still want more meds. Guess this is going to be a life long battle that we have to fight. Hopefully together on here atleast we can support each other. Stay strong girl. Bye
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #130
Kia25

There arent to many people that tell me they are proud of me, so THANK YOU !
Your right about dealing with stress, I've never been to any type of therapy and i'm really nervous about doing it now.
I spoke with Nancy about groups that only have Suboxone patients. Wouldnt that be great ? This way we wouldnt have to hide it and we could really work on our recovery.
There are NO groups in real life like that.
We need to start one in each of our areas.
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #131
Want2beclean

Oh yea got approved for my med free. Have to call back in 2 days to get more info about when I will be reciving my card. Yesssss!!! So happy!!! One less thing for me to worry about...
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #132
Want2beclean

Well put jeep in shop today I just bought the pcm(computer)for it & not all the other stuff they said I needed. I spent $531 on it & labor. I drove it home tonight from work and no cut off!! Not jumping gun to soon cause its made that trip before the new pcm without cutting off. So if I make it to work and home tmrw with no cutting off I will jump for joy then. Praying its fixed.
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #133
31MOMof2

Happy 4-u want2beclean! Yeah and Kia you shouldnt be so hard on usrelf.. Look how far you hav come.. Dont even stress about your mg right now.. Your doing great! All 3 of us are doin great! and If we stay positive about overcoming our addiction, i believe we will do just that. Lets continue to support each other and i think we will all do just fine!
31MOMof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #134
Kia25

Lyndsey,
I am so happy the jeep made it home ok. Keeping my fingers crossed for today's ride to go well.

31Mom,
Thank you for your support ! I really mean that.
Your right, we have to continue to support each other and just knowing that you two are here for me, and that i'm here for you both, makes it a lot easier.
I feel so much better talking about what happened. I kept it all inside and it made me feel worse.
I HAVE come far, WE ALL have come far.
Thanks ladies.
Together we can do anything !
Unread 05-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #135
Want2beclean

Thanks 31 mom for ur support. Kia im just so disgusted with this damn truck!! I barely made it home it was acting worse than when I put the new part on. I give up I guess the dealer will get the $1,080 after all. I just have to come up with $600 more already spent $531. Im trying not to get depressed about it but it just makes me sick! So glad u shared with us and feel better now. You will get back to 12mg in no time. Calling med free bck tmrw to make sure im good will let u know what they say as soon as I know. Bye
Unread 05-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #136
Kia25

Default going slow

Its a rainy Friday morning.
It's Sub Dr day.
Don't even think I'm going to mention what happened. Even though it was a step backwards my doctor never asked me what dose I had settled on.
He prescribed 16mg a day and for a while thats what I took. I mentioned before that I never got to the lowest dose I could be comfortable at. Well, at least I didnt think so. But in reality, I'm not real comfortable under 12mg right now.
After my slip up, I had been taking 16mg for quite a few days, so when I stepped back down, I did it just like before.
I went to 14mg, then 12mg. But i'm still at 14mg today. Again, I need to go slow. Honestly, I feel uncomfortable in the afternoon still. I totally think it's in my head. I've done well on 14mg in the past, I've done well on 12mg in the past.
A big thing is I only worked out once this week because we are short handed and I havent had time before my husband shows up to take me home.

It's going slow. Really slow.
We are having thunder storms right now so I'm gonna go.

Oh, Lyndsay, good luck today girl ! I pray the truck works and that your card goes through.

Last edited by Kia25; 05-04-2012 at 08:26 AM..
Kia25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #137
Want2beclean

Hey Kia hope your days going good. Well my med free card is in the mail. Best news I've had in weeks. Well no news on my crap jeep. Just have to come up with $600 more and give in and get everything fixed. Already gave $182 & $531 urghhh and now more. All I can do is pray things will work out. Cant belive my sub films are free for a year, so happy! I have plenty of time to lower my dose and get my life together now. Please stop worrying about your mg u have time to get bck down to 12 then 10 like u really wanted. Just listen to your body not brain. I swear alot of it is mind games atleast with me it is. The best thing about my methadone detox was I did a blind detox so my mind couldnt trick me. Wish we could do that with sub. Talk to you later
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #138
Kia25

Hey Lyndsay,
I sure am glad this week is over !!

I saw my Dr. and I spoke to him about what happened. He was cool about it.
He said to listen to my body, JUST like you said above! It could take awhile.
I asked him if he found that his patients had trouble finding the lowest dose to take away cravings and withdrawals, and he said yes, it could take awhile, and that I'm still at the beginning of my treatment. He said I'm doing good, I havent relapsed !!

So, then I go to CVS, and AGAIN they don't have enough to fill my script, ARGGGGGG.
Really????
I hate them.
Luckily, I have my stockpile saved up. Which started to dwindle, hahaha, no, not really.

I complained to CVS that this happened last month and all she said was, well, we script out alot of this. Not my problem, I said am I suppose to call ahead to make sure they have it ? I might just go across the street to Rite Aide. Seriously.

My doctor was telling me when he started to treat me, in January that I was the last new patient he is taking, ever. When people call him now, he tells them that he's starting to close his practice. The reason he's not accepting patients, he tells me, he's scared !
He said people have threatened him and he is only trying to help people. He told me in the area where we are there are so many people robbing pharmacies to get drugs and its such an epidemic that he's not taking any new patients. He would rather give more time to the patients that he does have. He told me he is not in it for the money anymore, just to help the patients he has. He has a small practice.
He reminded me I can call him any time I want and that if I have a problem, or want to talk to just call. There were other issues he told me but to protect his privacy I wont go into them here. But trust me, he's scared.

I do need to protect myself in case he did close his practice, so that's another reason, I am serious about saving up extra Suboxone pills. I wouldnt have a problem finding another Dr in my area there are hundreds.

So how is everyone elses Friday ??
Unread 05-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #139
Want2beclean

Wow thats crazy hes not taking more patients. My doc isn't either but only because the doctors can only have so many sub patients. I called for three weeks before he called me back and was told because he didn't have a spot for me is the reason I never got return calls. I was really getting upset that he wouldn't call me back then one day I finally got a call. Hes the cheapest by a long shot in my area so I bugged those people everyday. I worry that if he closes that I don't have a stock pile to back me up.

I have a horrible headache right now waiting on ibuprofen to kick in. I get so many headaches now from suboxone. Never use to get them but in one month I've had around 15. The headaches and constipation are the only side effects I get. I drink plenty of water like Nancy says to do but they both still bother me.

I'm going to be watching my mailbox like a crazy woman waiting on that card. I had to split my script up this month cause the money I'm putting in jeep so they have tw weeks of my meds at Bi-Lo pharmacy. I hope card comes in atleast a week so I can put it to use. You should switch pharmacys because I never have the problem of them not being able to fill it all. Well my docs office is right beside the Bi-Lo and thats where the nurse told me to go my first day so I'm sure they get alot of his patients and stay stocked up.

Glad your appointment went well today and you shared with your doc so he could tell you the samething I thought. U not using and doing great Kia. Ok head is killing me be back later.
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #140
Kia25

It really is annoying what I'm dealing with with this pharmacy. Two months in a row ! I think I will switch.
I just have to work on getting my dose where I'm comfortable again.
Starting over and not dwelling on it.
I am also searching for some type of therapy. My sub Dr is a physiatrist (is that spelled right?) I thought that he would be all I needed. He deals with drug addiction and he's great too.
As far as your stockpile, that will come in time. It really didnt take me long at all to get like 30 extra pills in case I need. If he told me I couldnt go to him at least I 'd have enough to last me while I look for a new dr.

Hope your headache goes away !
Have a good night.
Unread 05-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #141
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Kia, definitely look into changing pharmacies. Not only do they not have the medication, but they kind of have an attitude like it is your fault they don't! In any event, if they have so many patients who take Suboxone, one would think they would have it in stock??

As far as therapy, do you have therapy with your Suboxone doctor or is he more of a medication doctor? You can ask him for a referral to a therapist. It doesn't have to be about addiction either. You could look for someone who could help you with anxiety - like when you were so worried about your son, your reflex reaction was to take more. That may be more helpful right now.

That's really too bad that he's not going to be taking any more patients. You can't really blame though - being threatened and all that. I would not at all be surprised if some of his reasoning is also the DEA and their 'audits' of Suboxone doctors. We've seen many doctors stop prescribing because of that. Which I could go on about again, but I'll spare you.

Please stop worrying about your dose. Just tell yourself you're going to stick to 14mg for a bit, and then revisit it in a couple of weeks or so. You may find that you'll feel a lot better by just making that decision.

I hope you relax and have a good weekend. Remember, there's always retail therapy...

Nancy
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #142
Kia25

Nancy,
Your were pretty close with the reason why my Dr isnt taking new patients. I can't go into details here, I'm sure you understand why.
I do have therapy with him when I see him. I'm not there just to get my script. But I 'll look into what you suggested. I did speak to him about it and he gave me some suggestions on how to control my anxiety.
I think I will definately switch pharmacies next month. How do they run a business like this ?
You know though? NEVER once when I was filling a script for my DOC did they tell me they didnt have enough, and my script was for 150 pills a month. Wow. That's messed up when you think about it, right?
As far as my dose, I'm in a better place after talking to my Dr about it.
He eased my mind about what happened.
Thanks for you support Nancy. I'll "see" you Monday night.

Last edited by Kia25; 05-05-2012 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: I type to fast !
Kia25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #143
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Kia, I totally understand why.

Ah, ok. That's good that you have therapy with him also. But if you feel you're not getting what you need, with talk with him about it, or maybe he can even refer you to a therapist (not a prescriber) who specializes in anxiety. Sometimes with addiction counselors/therapists, unless they really know about Suboxone, they tend to focus on how to handle cravings and triggers instead of the root cause. That type of therapy might be better for someone when they're pretty close to being tapered off, to reassure themselves of living medication free - if they think they need extra reinforcement.

I'm glad you're in a better place about your dose. You are doing really well, focus on that - look how far you've come!

Have a great Sunday. "See" you tomorrow night.

Nancy
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #144
Kia25

Just wanted to document my dose. After having problems keeping a steady dose, I started back at 14mg but I was still feeling crappy in the late afternoon, I would take 2mg extra and felt alot better.
There were, however, days where I did feel ok with the 14mg.
I've commented on a few threads and got some advice from fellow A.S. friends and tried to take it all into consideration.
I am trying to get back down to 12mg where I was before all this happened.
Im thinking of taking 12mg in the morning and then if I feel crappy i'll take 2mg, hopefully that might not last long and I'll stick with the 12mg.
I'm going to chat tonight to discuss this further.
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #145
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Kia, let us know how 12 and then 2 works. But don't sweat it, ok? You'll get back down to 12mg. Just don't put any extra pressure on yourself to do it.

Have a great day!

Nancy
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #146
Want2beclean

Hi Kia missed u in chat last night. Nancy got me a new link so I can chat again. I hope the 12mg works for you and even if u take 2mg later on in day then thats only 14mg thats great but even if u have to take the full 16mg dont sweat it. I am one month and 8 days clean now. How many for you, and momof 2 how many for you? Well I have to pay for my 2 weeks of sub even if card comes before friday because im sure u can only use the card once a month. My next script is on 22 so I need to use it then. Glad Nancy brought that up to me because I wasent even thinking about it that way. Hope ur day is going good.
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #147
Kia25

Hey Lyndsay,
I did really good yesterday and today on 14mg, and I took it all at once in the morning.
So I havent had to split the dose. I felt I wanted to give it some more time before I did that.
I worked out at the gym today and I know that helped.

You asked how many days for me.....130 days !!! Addiction Free!!!

Congrats on your one month 8 days ! Isnt it great ?
Unread 05-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #148
Kia25

I remember a time, a short 5 months ago where I dreaded holidays. Hated them.
I had to worry about having enough pills, that could make or break any holiday. Remember?

Not today.

Today we wake up addiction free. Today we thank GOD and our families, our children that they support us, stand by us on the road to recovery.
My kids were a huge part of my getting clean. HUGE.
I don't know where I would be without them.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MOMS here on the A.S. board.

May you have a wonderful day that you all truly deserve.
Thank You (05-14-2012), Thank You (05-14-2012)
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #149
Want2beclean

Hi Kia 4months & 1 week for u thats great. 14 mg still working for you? Im wondering if I should try to drop my dose now that im stabilized a little better. Only thing is about once a week I still have a craving but not for pills I just catch myself wanting to take more sub, weird. I know I cant get high from it but for some reason I just want more at times. I can only think thats still my addiction always wanting more. I'm going to ask Nancy if I should drop even though I have the cravings for more sub. Even though I do I don't act on it. I just get through it and try to not think about it. Do you still have cravings for pills or more sub after four months clean?
Unread 05-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #150
Kia25

Hey Lynday,

14mg is still working really well. Thank you for asking.
I went through what you are also. I felt like I wanted/needed more. And I took more. It didnt make me feel any better !!
I havent had any cravings since I had that dose problem like 2 weeks ago. I've been feeling really good.
Let me know what you decide.