Addiction Survivors

Unread 04-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #151
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, just wondering how things are going. Please let us know when you have a chance.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #152
Suzette

The funeral was very heartfelt, but was a really nice service. They had to even turn away 300 people from the funeral home the night before the funeral due no parking and they stead open a hour later because people were still in line outside the door. Katie, was 24 and a beautiful yound lady. She had started taking pain pills when she was 15. Her older brother had an ATV accident and broke his back and was unable to walk for about a year. She started sneaking and taking his pain medication. She struggled with it for several years and of course, gave her parents alot of heartache. Last summer, her mother, Connie, called me, saying that Katie had come to them for help. That she had been on pain pills since the age of 15 and had tried several times to quit, but could not do it on her on. That got into a detox progam and they put on suboxone and when she came out of the program they were weaning her off of the suboxone. She had been prescribed sleeping pills and antidepressants. When they found Katie that morning, she had left a note saying "I have been fiighting this battle for a long time and I can not fight any longer." She had taken all of the sleeping pills and antidressants.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #153
Suzette

Sorry I did not mean to post the above yet.

As far as my son, the probation officer revoked 60 days of his probation and he will only have to do 30 days. When the probation officer went to visit my son last Thursday, he told her about his cousin and that she was the same age as him and that she was battling the sae battle that he is. The probation officer called me after her visit and said that she thought he really needed to be at this funeral and gave him a 12 hour pass for the day of the funeral.

When my son and I were walking down from the cemetary he hugged me and told me that he was sorry for everything that he had put thru these past few months. The main thing that kept him from getting the help he needed was his job that he did not want to lose it, but that he had never had a problem landed a job and that he would find another one. He said that after his 30 days that he wanted to go back to Penfield Christian Home which is a 6 week program and really helped him the last go around. AFter the funeral my Katie's mom came up to son, hugged him and told him to think of Katie and use her story to save him and to save others and most of all "do not put your mother thru this." On the way home, he told me that he was glad that she came to talk to him that attempted to go up to her two or three times but chickened out.

He is talking more like his old self now. He has not mentioned or even asked about his GF. My last visit with him he said that one good thing about this is that he is totally off all the pills even the suboxone. He also asked if I would order him a Bible to be mailed to him at the jail.

I think he is going to be alright now. At least he is wanting to get his life back on track.
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #154
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, again, my sympathies on the loss of Katie. That is just so sad that she felt so hopeless. It's so tragic. I hope that your son does take to heart what her mom said about using Katie's story to save himself and others.

Things do sound so hopeful for your son now. Is he in jail for the 30 days? Is it possible for him to go right from jail to the Penfield Christian Home? That would be perfect if he could do that. No time to think of anything (anyone) else. Fingers crossed the so-called 'girlfriend' has moved on to someone else now.

It has to be so sad to lose Katie, but so joyful to have your son back. Two diametrically opposed emotions. Please do take time for yourself to grieve and also to have that cautious optimism.

I hope you're doing ok.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #155
Bqb247

hey suzette...your son can get a bible for free in jail...the abouve story about cousins daughter brought tears to my eyes...i hope this time in jail opens your sons eyes...it did mine...finally.
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #156
Suzette

Nancy, it is hard to deal with all that has transpired these past two weeks. The loss of Katie, a beautiful young girl, who had her whole life ahead her, but could no longer deal with the turmoil of her addiction. Then at the sametime I can finally have some relief that there is now hope for my son. The loss of Katie has helped my son to realize what he needs to do and she will always be my angel.

He does have to stay the full 30 days and that is our plan that he goes straight from jail to Penfield. I visited him last night at the jail and he was asking if I had gotten everything workout for him to go to Penfield. He knows that he does not need to come home. He has had to time to set and think about all he has lossed in this past year.

He said that he is feeling really good and is not having any withdrawal symptoms now. But he said if he had to stay more than 30 days he would be climbing the walls.
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #157
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, I'm so glad that your son is doing well and reflecting on everything that has gone on in his life this past year. That will be perfect him going from jail right to Penfield - all that time away from everything should be good for him.

Keep your angel close. I'm sure she is watching over you and your son.

Nancy
Unread 04-18-2012, 05:03 AM   #158
Bqb247

whats been going on suzette?
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #159
Suzette

Well he still has two weeks left at the jail and he still is planning on going to Penfield when released. He has started a prayer circle everynight in his dorm cell and he said there is about 7 or 8 them that join in.

His GF found out he was in jail and she went to visit him the other night. He said she started the same ole stuff. She has pictures of her and another young man on her facebook page kissing and him calling her his ole lady. She told him that he was just somebody she met and that they only kissed one time. She told him that it was because he was running around on with other girls. He told her I don't know why keep drilling on that when there has not been any other girls. So then she said well it was because of your drugs. He said, like you don't do drugs. He told her that he was getting his life back together and that God was helping see things more clearly now. He said he wished her well and that he was over her. That same night, after visiting him, she deleted the pictures and messages from the other boy from her facebook.
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #160
nan

Hi Suzette, At our jail no one can visit if the inmate has not put them on a list with all the information. I am wondering if it is the same at your son's jail. In other words, his GF was there because he approved her visit. Just something to think about-again, your son is not completely innocent in this connection with his GF, imo.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #161
Suzette

No, not at this jail. They do not check a list. They are allowed 3 visits a week and 2 people at each visit. All they have to do fill out their info and DL number. I think they do this so they can check for any warrants on the visitors. Last visit I was there they arrested a visitor on a probation warrant while he was visiting him girlfriend. I know that he is not completely innocen. But the difference is, he truly cares for her and she just uses him and all others she has on the side. Even the boy she was seeing before my son had to go to rehab to get away from her.
Unread 04-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #162
nan

Ok Suzette, I guess the general point is that your son did not have to receive his GF as a visitor. He could have declined the visit. The jail does not force anyone to go to visitation. Hopefully, as he said he is done with her, " He said he wished her well and that he was over her", he will decline if she returns. He has the control.

It does sound like he is thinking very positively and his plans for where he will go when he is released is good. We can just hope.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #163
Bqb247

thats true nan, you do not have to take the visit if you dont want to
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #164
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, how are things going? When does your son get out and go to the Penfield Christian Home.

I hope you are doing well. Let us know when you can.

Nancy
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #165
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, checking in when you can please. Hope all is well.

Nancy
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #166
Suzette

My son was released from jail on May 2nd, and stead and went to our church on Wednesday night, which was good for him. One of the lady's singed song just for him. He is right now at Penfield. Has been there since last Thursday. He cannot call or have visitation until May 17th. He can write, so I hope to get a letter from this week.
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #167
Suzette

Oh, yeah, the GF does not know where he is at and she has been calling and texting his cell phone all weekend. I have not answered and just letting her think that he is not responding to her. I hope after being in rehab for a few weeks he will see and realie that his addiction and her go hand and hand.
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #168
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, I'm glad to hear that your son is at Penfield. I hope he really takes advantage of his time there and looks inside himself to see that he's as addicted to the GF as he was to the substances they used.

I like that you have his phone and the GF has no idea where he is. I just hope he doesn't write her any letters and that he just concentrates on himself.

Thank you for update.

How are YOU doing?

Nancy
Unread 05-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #169
Suzette

Thank you Nancy. I don't believe that he knows exactly what her address is. It will be good time for him with 2 weeks of not speaking to anyone other than the ones at Penfield and the churches they attend. One of the churches they attend on Sunday morning and Monday night for Celebrate Recovery is at Open Door where he was at last time for 6 months. He really like the people at Open Door and hope that he gets to talk with them when he attends their church.

As far as me, I am doing good. It will also be good for me to have these 2 weeks with out speaking with him to get my thoughts together and have some peach for a little bit.
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #170
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, that's really good if he doesn't know her address. The longer away from her, the better.

It will be good for you to have this time to yourself without worrying where he is or what he's doing or if the GF will show up at your house.

Do you know if part of the plan is to set up aftercare for your son; can he stay longer if he feels he's not ready? I just hope that he takes his time and is well prepared for when he does come home.

Enjoy your peace and quiet.

Nancy
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #171
Suzette

Yeah, depending on how they are at the end of this program, the counselors will determined whether they need more time and will refer them to an aftercare program. I actually got a letter from him yesterday, stating that he is fine and not to worry about him. He also said that on Saturday they were having a softball game with Open Door, which is the aftercare program he was at before.
Unread 05-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #172
NancyB
Administrator

Great Suzette, it all sounds good. Maybe the GF will move far far away in the meantime.

Nancy
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #173
linnyd

suzette,
i have just read this entire thread of the troubles you have been going through with your son. i just want to say you have truly given your son the unconditional love we all need and desire and i wish you all the best in your struggle with this horrific disease. i know that for all the boundaries and limits we want to set for our children are sometimes impossible to enforce when the love we hold for them is so fierce. personally, i am the one with the addiction to opiates and although i am in therapy and on suboxone now and doing pretty well, if my child was going through this is would absolutely break my heart. i am sending peace and love your way
linda
linnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #174
Suzette

Thank you LInda. There is nothing worse than seeing your child struggle with this desease, when you know that deep down inside he hates and despises himself a little bit more each time he uses. When he was in jail it took him about 1 week to get over the withdrawals and start feeling halfway normal. He was happy that he had finally gotten thru the worse of the withdrawals. At least that is one thing the jail time was good for, was to detox him and slow him down enough so he could see what he really needed do. I hope this is the beginning of a better life for him and that he will be able to stay strong and know what his trigger points and most all be able to stay away from all the ones he was hanging out with. I know it will be a long hard battle, but with hope, faith and prayer, he has a chance.

Linda, I am glad that you are doing well and I hope and pray that you will be able to stay strong and focus on your recovery. I wish you well.
Unread 05-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #175
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, I read in NYMOM's thread where your son was able to call you on Mother's Day. That must have been a nice surprise. I'm glad he sounds good.

I hope you're doing well. Update when you have a minute.

Nancy
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #176
vhappy

Hi Suzette,
such good news about your son. Jail turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The biggest deal is getting their heads clear enough so they can make some real decisions. That nasty addiction just wants to run the show, and not let them be drug free long enough to make any good decisions, and see the reality of things. Our addiction is constantly scheming, making deals and promising to use just one more time, no matter who we hurt or take down along the way!

Take this time for yourself also, and enjoy life without all the stress. He will be out soon enough. When my daughter went to treatment I was so relieved, when it got close to her time to come out, some of those same old feelings started overwhelming me. I felt so safe with her in, but what happens when she gets out?

Happy to report she went to college and beauty school at the same time. She is working in her field doing great and enjoying life. It is still in the back of my mind, but that's where I leave it. So enjoy this safe time, and don't think about him getting out, until you have to.

My son left for treatment while I was in Hawaii. I thought it was off the table, but they finally called to get him in. This fall was when we really wanted to get him in. He has been gone 2 weeks yesterday. He got to make his first call last night and called his wife. She said he was feeling better but complained about how they run things. I suggested she not play into any of that, and his calls will get better and better.

traditionally they build them up, earn their trust, then rip them apart, build them up and send them on their way. Treatment is the very first step of a long journey. The most important part when they leave is to follow all the recomondation's of the treatment center, because they can ever so slowly you don't even notice it happening slip into old routines, and that's when relapse can happen.

Many treatment centers will suggest 30 meetings in 30 days and some out patient classes. VERY IMPORTANT. They aren't cured as this is a life long disease, and about using your tools to remain in addiction remission. He will learn all that there. And it's his responsibility, to remain vigilant over this disease and not let it win the battle.

I am so happy for you, and will keep him in my prayers along with my son.

vhappy
vhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #177
vhappy

They let my son call from the office on speaker phone on Mother's day also. His wife was at the house. It was so nice!
Unread 05-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #178
Suzette

Yeah, the jail time was a blessing. Jail does not in noway help with their addiction, but it does slow them down for awhile and gives them alot of free time to think about all that has transpired to the point of them getting there, so that they may desire to go into a treatment program. Right now I am just thankful and praise God for all that transpired to get him there. Depending upon how he is doing at the end of the 6 weeks, his commencement day is June 15th, they will usually refer them to an aftercare program. I truly hope this happens and he will go, because he needs away from home and his GF as long as possible. As I am writing this, she right now is calling his cell phone. You would think that after 2 weeks of not responding to her emails or phone calls she would give up. But she has a court date coming up on her DUI and I am sure she is needing money for the fines.

VHappy, glad to hear that your son finally got into his treatment program. And glad to hear that he also was able to call you on Mother's Day, it was truly a blessing. I also will keep your son in my prayers.
Unread 05-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #179
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, do you think it might be worth it to disconnect your son's phone? Then when he comes home, and you know he's committed to his recovery, he can get a new one with a new number that that she - or anyone else connected with his former drug misuse - won't have?

Nancy
Unread 05-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #180
Suzette

Oh, I plan on by the time he gets home to have his number changed. I just don't want to do it now, because I want her to just think he is not responding to her. She sent a text yesterday "Why are you acting as if we never loved at all?"
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #181
vhappy

Oh you could have so much fun! Send a great picture and say I would appreciate if you would quit texting my new husband! Hopefully you wont hear from her again!
Unread 05-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #182
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, oh I like that idea - keep her wondering why he hasn't called/texted back. vhappy's idea is good too!

Wonder how long it will take for her to get the hint...

Nancy
Unread 05-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #183
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, just checking in to see how things are going. Let us know when you can.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Nancy
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #184
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, it's been a while, how are things going? I hope all is well.

Nancy
Unread 06-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #185
Suzette

Things are not going very well. I have almost given up and come to the conclusion that I cannot beat the power that this girl has over my son. My mother and I went to visit him at Penfield for the weekend on Memorial weekend, which was the first visit since he had been there. We had a great time. He could leave with us from 12:30 to 4:30 both Saturday and Sunday. We went bowling, took him to eat, mingle with some of the other guys there and their families. My son seem to be really happy and all the other guys really seemed to like him. He had even asked me to send him a study bible.

We left at 4:30 heading back home which is a 4 hour drive. Just as soon as I walked in the door to my house at 8:30 that Sunday evening I had a called from one of the counselers at Penfiled informing me that my son had walked out. He said that he had tried his best to convince him to stay, He said after they had returned from church that evening he made his 10 minute phone call and had called a girl and after he had gotten off the phone he was upset and said if he had a gun he would probably just shoot himself.

I called Frank who ran Open Door Recovery when my son was there 4 years ago and whom my son truly respected. Before I could even ask him he said "let me get my shoes on and get in my truck and I will go find him." He did and he took him home with him for the night. So I got back in my car for another 4 hour ride and picked up at Frank's that morning. Frank said that they had come up with a recovery plan for him at home. That he was going to concentrate on his education, and that he would give me a $100 each week from his pay, he would keep $100 each week from his pay and the rest would be put in savings and that he would abide by the rules that I place on him while living under my roof. Frank also said that my son said that I dictate to him when comes to his GF and Frank said that I need to allow him to figure her out on his own. (But I can't explain to anybody the power she has over him or the power he allows her to have over him).
Unread 06-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #186
Suzette

Last week went okay, he went and worked out a couple nights, went to Celebrate Recovery and went to church Wednesday night. But before church service was over, she was outside in the parking lot asking my counsin's daugther is she new my son, who was outside stroling her baby, and asked her if she would like him know that she was outside. He had told everyone that he was going to stay for choir practice, but when he went out to talk to her so was mad and did not want to wait on him, so he left with her. My cousins daughter was furious and was ready to beat her up and saif after seeing her she said "no he does not need to be with her, she acts and looks like a druggie."

I am have to roof my house because I received a letter from my new homeowners insurance saying that if we do not replace our roof that they are going to cancel us on June 29th. Since I just forked the money for the rehab I can't afford to hire a roofer. Some my son and one of my other boys are roofing it for me. Well this weekend he went off with his GF and he called at 11:30 to tell me he was spending the night with her. I told him first of all he are breaking one of the rules which is are to be in the house no later than 12:00 on weekends and that he had to be here in the morning to help his brother start on the roof, because his brother would be here bright and early. He told I will be there, I will be there. I told him you had better be and if he wasn't he better not come home at all. Well morning came around and he was not there and she would not answer her phone. I have not given him his cell phoen back, so I have to call hers. I rode out to her house to get him, but they were not there. I felf so sorry for his brother trying working on the roof all by hisself. Finaly, one of my son's friends after he got off from work came to help and two that work for my father came to help and they at least got the old shingles off and the roof covered with plastic before the rain.
Unread 06-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #187
Suzette

He arrived home that Saturday around 8:00 and tried to put the blame on me because I shouldn't have said if your are not here don't come home at all. I told him where do think that come from, because I knew that he would be here in the morning if he was with her all night, because she stays up all night then sleeps half the day away. I told him I had never been more dissappointed him then I am right now, for him to do his family that way and escpecially leave his brother hanging.

Well, they both did work on the roof yesterday and half of the shingles on and they even grilled out hamburgers so I did not have to cook. But after we ate there she was at the bottom of the driveway waiting on him. She brought him back in couple of hour and they seemed to be fussing because I heard him tell her, "that was not right" He was going to get up this morning to go do community service. I went upstairs to tell him if you are going to community service you better get up. He never got up and I am only asking him one time. I did see where she had called the house phone at 1:30 am this morning. She probably came and picked him up during the night.

Oh, he cannot get his job back because they are actually laying people off right now. He has worked a few days with his grandfather. But he is going to have to much time on his hands, but I guess not having much money will be good thing. I have told him that if he gets back on this stuff that I will just have to watch you weather way, because I have no more funds to send him away to get the help that he needs and if do get back this junk that you will not survive.
Unread 06-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #188
NancyB
Administrator

Oh Suzette, I am so sorry to hear of all of this. Not what I was expecting to hear. Have you talked with Frank at all to see what he has to say about all of this? Especially the fact that your son is addicted to that supposed girlfriend. Addiction is 'uncontrollable, compulsive behavior despite negative consequences'. That's exactly his behavior with her.

He has broken the rules you have laid down for him, and he doesn't seem to care, instead twisting it to blame it on you. Have you thought about having some consequences when he breaks the rules?

You said 'not having much money' - does he have any money? If he does, he should give it right to you. If he is going to live under your roof and just go out for community service and to church, he doesn't need any money. With any luck, the supposed GF will tire of his not having any money and maybe move on for good.

I'm heartbroken for you.

Nancy
Unread 06-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #189
Suzette

He has been helping his brother work on the roof yesterday and today. They are actually doing a very good job. But yesterday after dinner he left with her. I had my grandbaby with me and when my son left, she said "Oh no, don't go, come back here." She even knows he should not be with her.

Your right, I think his worse addiction is his addiction with her. He sees the things that are wrong with the relationship but just cannot break away from it. He has been home on time every evening except for this past Saturday and so far he seems to be ok and not on anything. But I know it is just a matter of time as long as he is with her everyday and not going to meetings or anything that woud be positive for him.

He reports to probation Thursday or Friday and she had told him she would drug test him every time he came for his own benefit.
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #190
Bqb247

so sorry suzette
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #191
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, what if you made one of your rules that he MUST go to 3 meetings a week as part of the rules of him living with you. I forgot to ask before, but can you block her number on your house phone so she can't call him on that? Or maybe Frank can call him and talk with him?

It's just so sad that she has that control over your son, especially when everyone, including your grandbaby, knows how detrimental she is to him.

I'm holding out hope that he can break away from her before he spirals down again.

Nancy
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #192
Suzette

He went to church with me last night and after the service, the pastor's son, whom is recovering alcoholic, spoke with my son about staying strong and told him if needed anyone to talk to please call him. He does have alot of support from the church, because they know how he was before his GF. I heard him tell the pastor's son that he had been home for two weeks and so far he has been able to stay away from it. (That was a relief to hear) He is working today with his grandfather and then his grandfather is going to take him to probation.

I am going to have Frank call him this weekend. I haven't given him his cell phone back yet, so it has to be a good time when he is home. I think if stays staight that he will eventually break away from. He has been arguing with her, about things she is doing and telling her that they are not right.
Unread 06-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #193
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, just wondering how the weekend went. Hopefully your son is a couple of steps closer to leaving the girlfriend behind and concentrating on himself.

Nancy
Unread 06-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #194
KatherineW

Dear Suzette, here is a copy of some text from the al-anon book:
"When life went from loving and peaceful one minute to chaotic and dangerous the next, so thaat we never knew what to expect, many of us coped with the resultig sense of helplessness and confusion simply by choosing to believe only one of these realities. For exxample, those of us who dealt with sporadic, alcoholic bouts of verbal abuse at home might have wanted to believe that we lived in a wonderful family environment because it seemed true some of the time. By choosing to acknowledge only one portion of reality, we explained away the random verbal attacks by treating them as exceptions, mistakes, or one-time occurrences. Each such episode devastated us as if it were the first, yet we soon reverted to the reality we chose to see, once again painting a picture of bliss and harmony that was bound to let us down."
I say this not for you but because it could be that your son is going thru this and realizing that he has a second addiction - as you stated, an addiction to her. That is sometimes harder to see. I know that whether he still has feelings for her or not he has to feel that as he has gotten better off the stuff that he wants that more for her than anything else in the world and I know myself personally that it took me a long time to realize that the logic of an addicted person not fully seeking sobriety is a lot different than my logic process. I tried to get them to see stuff from a different perspective - and I was in recovery and they had been too.
It could be some al-anon literature might be helpful for your son. You might simply ask him too if he has talked to his sponsor or a support group member about his wanting to HELP her.
I'm just hoping that this perspective might help you get a little peace in a perspective that his motives might not necessarily be to relapse because he is hanging around her. It is dangerous though and you will be in my prayers.
Love,
Katherine
KatherineW is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to KatherineW For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-18-2012)
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #195
Suzette

Thank you Katherine. As like most, we need all the prayers we can get. He is with her everyday of the week. I know, if he has not already, it is just a matter of time before he uses again. You cannot put yourself amongst the ones that are still using and stay clean yourself. He is not attended church that often or attended any support groups, which is what he needs the most, is the support that the church members are trying to give him and a weekly support group. Our chior director and a deacon at church, has sent my son a card in the mail every single day since he has been home. He has not even opened the last 6 cars he has sent. So I told him that tells me only one thing, that you have not opened them because you have used and ashamed to read them. I told him that he only sends those cards to him everyday for daily encouragment and to help keep him strong.
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #196
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, just checking in to see how things are going. You and your son have been in my thoughts.

Nancy
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #197
Suzette

Thanks Nancy. He has been at home every night since Saturday. He does not have any money so I am sure that is why she has not been around. He is acting more like himself since he has not been around her. Even my Dad, whom he worked with yesterday, said that he was in good mood and was talking alot to him. But I am sure that by Friday when he has a little bit of money she will be around. Saturday he was really depressed. I am sure it was because she was needing money and was not going to have anything to do with him until he had money. He said that his life sucks, he has no job, no money and no car. I told him that it is nobody's fault but your own and you are the only one that can improve your life.
Unread 06-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #198
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, that's great that he's been home and acting more like himself!

I sure hope by now she has moved onto and found someone else to use. It must be so hard to watch him getting depressed over someone who just wants him when he has money. But you did a good job telling him that he is the only one who can improve his life.

I'm keeping you both in my thoughts.

Nancy
Unread 06-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #199
Suzette

Thanks Nancy. Well when I got home yesterday he was gone with her. But they only went to Steak n Shake to eat and he was back at 6:00. He even went to church last night and everyone told him how good he looked. He has alot of support from the church members. They send him cards in the mail everyday. Today he finally started working on his community service time.
Unread 07-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #200
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Suzette, how are things going? I hope he's seeing less and less of her and more and more of the people from church.

Nancy