Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-28-2006, 03:43 PM   #1
Suboxone

Default Suboxone for FREE!!!!!

I am a 34yr old female who lives in Chicago, I was addicted to vicodin for 7 years. I took 40 pills a day of extra strenght. Also ate NORCO'S like sweet tarts! I have been on Suboxone for 3 YEARS!! This doctor I have acts like I am the doctor! She is a flake! I am going to see someone else next week. I wanted to let you all know of this program I found out about and it is new. I oay $8 per pill out here and cant aford that! I called the suboxone hotline and they told me they JUST started this progam threw DENDRITE, were if you apply and pass, you can get suboxone for free. I just recieved 90 for free! You fill out an application with your doctor mail it in, after a week they let you know if you can participate in the program. They then mail them to your doctor. BUT only 1 patient per doctor!! I hope this helps a lot fo you out there!!![]
Suboxone is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Suboxone For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-02-2010)
Unread 06-28-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
Porcupine

Where can I find out mor information about the program?
Porcupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2006, 04:24 PM   #3
Mike

This program is sponsered by the manufacturer and the forms can be gotton from a prescribing doctor. You could also try the SUBOXONE Helpline at (877) 782-6966. the only problem is that each doc can only have 1 patient in the program.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2006, 08:22 PM   #4
Frozen

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Suboxone

I pay $8 per pill out here and cant aford that!
...that's because you go to Walgreens!
I live in your area. FYI, you can pay less than half of your current cost, by getting your scripts filled at Walmart.
Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
suboxone sam

GOOD ADVICE. SHOP AROUND PLACES THAT DRUG SALES ARE NOT THE MAJOR MONEY MAKER FOR THE STORE SELL DRUGS CHEAPER/ LIKE TARGET AND COSTCO AND BJS AND K MART AND WALMART. Call them all first. also they say the more people on suboxone the less it may cost.
suboxone sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #6
TIM

Here are some Chicago Pharmacies to check out:

CVS Pharmacy - Erika 8712 S Stoney Island Ave 773-933-9200

Elsdon Pharmacy 4254 West 55th St 773-582-2660

Matthei Pharmacy 111 N Wabash 312-263-7194

Osco 1160 W Taylor St 312-666-1229

Osco 4734 N Pueblo 773-625-5525

Osco 1220 S Ashland Avenue 312-733-2837
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #7
schugeorge

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Suboxone

I am a 34yr old female who lives in Chicago, I was addicted to vicodin for 7 years. I took 40 pills a day of extra strenght. Also ate NORCO'S like sweet tarts! I have been on Suboxone for 3 YEARS!! This doctor I have acts like I am the doctor! She is a flake! I am going to see someone else next week. I wanted to let you all know of this program I found out about and it is new. I oay $8 per pill out here and cant aford that! I called the suboxone hotline and they told me they JUST started this progam threw DENDRITE, were if you apply and pass, you can get suboxone for free. I just recieved 90 for free! You fill out an application with your doctor mail it in, after a week they let you know if you can participate in the program. They then mail them to your doctor. BUT only 1 patient per doctor!! I hope this helps a lot fo you out there!!![]
Its such a shame........this medication sounds like its a miracle yet our wonderful government makes it a little harder too get it by putting a limit on the ammt of patients a doc can have at one time and now this (only one person stuff for the free program). its almost as though theyd rather have people hooked on H and other opiats than have the ability too get sub..just wanted too vent..
schugeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to schugeorge For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-08-2012)
Unread 07-04-2006, 12:58 AM   #8
easc

Thank you for this information!I'm pretty sure my doc hasnt heard of this and therefore I may have a chance to get in on it!Please keep your fingers crossed for me.
easc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
Maureen

What pharmacies in Southern Ohio (Cincinnati area) fill presecriptions?
Maureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #10
Bassdad

Kinda funny how the price is so differant from place to place.

Not to offend anyone, please do not think I am saying this to make you mad or upset.But, when we were using our DOC, we paid whatever the price to get those, right? I am sure you see where I am headed with this.Just something I have thought about in the past years.

Later, Bassdad
Bassdad is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Bassdad For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-30-2009)
Unread 08-10-2006, 09:56 PM   #11
josie

The reason that this medication is so expensive is that it requires money for the research to get a medication to the point where it might be approved by the FDA. Once medication is approved the drug company has the sole marketing rights for seven years. During this period of time they are trying to recoup some of the millions that they have spent and also make a profit. It is a business. Once the seven years ends the medication can be made generic and the price will go down.
Look at what some pharmacies are already doing by compounding bupe in different forms. I think that this may verge on being illegal as the only form of bupe that is FDA approved for addiction is suboxone. The wax squares that are being compounded are not really an approved form.
josie is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to josie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-18-2009)
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #12
Bassdad

I thought all forms of Buprenorphine were for approved addiction.
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #13
Brett

There are only 2 forms of Buprenorphine approved for opiate addiction.
Suboxone and subutex.
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #14
NancyB
Administrator

Bassdad,
Just Suboxone and Subutex are approved for addiction.
"In October 2002, the FDA approved buprenorphine monotherapy product, Subutex, and a buprenorphine/naloxone combination product, Suboxone, for use in opioid addiction treatment. The combination product is designed to decrease the potential for abuse by injection. Subutex and Suboxone are currently the only Schedule III, IV, or V medications to have received FDA approval for this indication. Note that aside from Subutex and Suboxone, other forms of buprenorphine, e.g., Buprenex, are not approved for treatment of opioid addiction."
Nancy
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #15
Bassdad

That is what I was refering to. The two most common talked about. But not just Suboxone.Thank you both, Nancy and Brett........
Bassdad
Unread 08-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #16
josie

Sorry, I meant to say suboxone AND subutex are the only two approved for addiction. I have the bad habit of using the term suboxone when I am referring to the medication used for opiate addiction. Buprenex is also a form of bupe; one not approved for anything but pain.
josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2006, 03:26 AM   #17
leeglegle

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by josie

Sorry, I meant to say suboxone AND subutex are the only two approved for addiction. I have the bad habit of using the term suboxone when I am referring to the medication used for opiate addiction. Buprenex is also a form of bupe; one not approved for anything but pain.
Suboxone and Subutex were both FDA approved as "Orphan Drugs". Their status as "Orphan Drugs" dramatically affects both their dispensation and marketing.

For further information, also google "orphan drugs" as it pertains to "buprenorphine", "subutex", and/or "suboxone". Also google "Reckitt-Benckiser Pharmaceuticals".

I think, by using those search terms, you will find an enormous amount of information that will clarify the unusual (to say the least) regulation and marketing of suboxone/subutex, etc.

Robert
leeglegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #18
comingbacktolife

Default Free Suboxone Program

Hello, just wanted to clarify a previous post about the program from RB which allows the free medication. You posted it was only 1 patient, which is correct, if the doctor's limit is 30 patients. If the doctor has a 100 patient limit, 2 patients are allowed to be in the program.
comingbacktolife is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to comingbacktolife For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-30-2009)
Unread 07-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #19
NancyB
Administrator

Hi comingbacktolife, actually that's changed. It's now 2 patients if the doctor has less than 60 total patients; and 3 if the doctor has more than 60 total patients.

Here are the details: http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.t...&name=Suboxone

"A doctor can only have two patients on the program at any time, unless the doctor is treating over 60 patients with opiate addictions, then the doctor can have three."

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-30-2009)
Unread 07-08-2009, 01:15 AM   #20
horsefan

im gonna pray my doctor doesnt have a patient on this. Please pray for me!!!!!
horsefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #21
bridgespey

My daughter and I are both taking Suboxone,we go to the same Dr.the difference is we have different insurance comp.the problem is her insurance is Tricare and after 1 year they say they will no longer pay for this medication b/c she is now on Maintance and they say taking Suboxone is just replacing one narcotic drug for another.Suboxone has saved our Lives,my daughter lost her husband in the Iraq War and thats why she is on Tricare.She has appealed there decision and the final answer was a Flat-Out Denial........So first thing Monday Morning my daughter will be calling her Dr.and hope he has not even heard of this program!!!!!!!!!! Rx's are costing $1,200 per month....If anyone has other suggestions please let us know.Thanks Teresa
bridgespey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #22
NAMA Recovery angel

Actually, each doctor can have TWO patients on the assistanc program and depending on the amount of patients the doctor has, sometimes even THREE patients. My Boyfriend has been approved for the assistance and his doctor has two others currently receiving assistance. And there is a toll free fax number to fax the forms in so you get your medication even faster!
NAMA Recovery angel is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NAMA Recovery angel For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-17-2009)
Unread 08-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #23
NancyB
Administrator

Hi, here's the link to the free meds program:
http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.t...&name=Suboxone

A doctor can only have two patients on the program at any time, unless the doctor is treating over 60 patients with opiate addictions, then the doctor can have three.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-17-2009)
Unread 09-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #24
oatmealislove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
There are only 2 forms of Buprenorphine approved for opiate addiction.
Suboxone and subutex.

I'm on subutex and its surely approved, Otherwise I wouldn't be getting it every month. RIght?
oatmealislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #25
NancyB
Administrator

Right! Subutex is approved for opioid addiction.
But it's not part of the free med program, unfortunately. Only Suboxone is.

Nancy
Unread 10-27-2009, 02:14 AM   #26
martinhere

Default Who are 'some' of 'these' pharmacies and what and where and HOW are these compounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by josie View Post
The reason that this medication is so expensive is that it requires money for the research to get a medication to the point where it might be approved by the FDA. Once medication is approved the drug company has the sole marketing rights for seven years. During this period of time they are trying to recoup some of the millions that they have spent and also make a profit. It is a business. Once the seven years ends the medication can be made generic and the price will go down.
Look at what some pharmacies are already doing by compounding bupe in different forms. I think that this may verge on being illegal as the only form of bupe that is FDA approved for addiction is suboxone. The wax squares that are being compounded are not really an approved form.
What pharmacies are offering what, and how, under what condition?
Are they a viable, less expensive, more readily available alternative? To any degree - would be if they include bupe
martinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #27
NancyB
Administrator

Hi martinhere and welcome. The compounding of bupe for opioid addiction is illegal as the only FDA approved formulations are Suboxone, Subutex, and now a generic subutex which was recently approved:

http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/Comp...renorphine.pdf

Nancy
Unread 11-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #28
innocentaddict

1 patient per Dr?

What a joke.

But thanks for the information
innocentaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #29
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentaddict View Post
1 patient per Dr?

What a joke.

But thanks for the information
Hi innocentaddict, from the link to the free med website:
http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.t...&name=Suboxone

A doctor can only have two patients on the program at any time, unless the doctor is treating over 60 patients with opiate addictions, then the doctor can have three.

BUT unfortunately there are doctors who participate in this program so you have to really search to find one who does and who has an open slot.

Nancy
Unread 12-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #30
Newbie007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi martinhere and welcome. The compounding of bupe for opioid addiction is illegal as the only FDA approved formulations are Suboxone, Subutex, and now a generic subutex which was recently approved:

http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/Comp...renorphine.pdf

Nancy
I don't know if there is now a thread of it's own for this. So, I apologize if this is off topic. I just had a comment on the compounding of suboxone. When I lived in Illinois and was in the 1st year of sub use, I lost my insurance due to my divorce. So, I was waiting for medicaid. During that time, my Dr did send me to a pharmacy that compounded sub. It was a round, purple, gel like disc. It was a lot cheaper. However, I did tell my Dr that it didn't seem to be the same. I didn't feel like it was working as well. I also mentioned this to the pharmacist. they both basically said nonsense. It was the same. To make a long story short, when I got the medical card, I was able to go back on the regular pill form.

I just thought it was interesting that they made me feel like it was all in my head. And now to think it is probably not even legal, it makes more sense. This pharmacy does a lot of compounding and compounding of suboxone. Is there any more info on this? This is such good info to have.
Newbie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #31
onelove

Default how long

Original post and replies moved to new thread:

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=28155
onelove is offline   Reply With Quote