Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Unread 08-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #37
CarlyO

Dear TryNTryagain,
So relieved you have someone you can trust and confided in them, so upon your return you make a plan.
If it is totally impossible to not attend then Concentrate on making it through this trip, don't feed into the fear. Maybe your fears are rooted in being found out try not to go there, it is really no one's business, in the states any MH/SA issues are protected by law. I am sure all will be fine, then get home, where you can focus on doing what you need to do to care of yourself. The reality is that even you are the drug Czar you are not immune from this disease ! IMO you are being too hard on yourself. It would be better to deal with the feelings in a safe environment, we can be our own worst enemies, the guilt and shame keep us paralyzed and that is no good. Again, deal with this with a support system. Try to stay in a positive frame of mind so that you won't feel like there will be a disaster at every turn. I do believe you are in a unique situation however it is NOT an Impossible situation. Stay positive and safe and have faith that all will work out.
I heard this quote :"People often meet their destiny on the road they take to avoid it" - French Proverb
Take care and keep us posted, Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote