Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
Tryntryagain

Thank you Alan and thank you Carly for such helpful and useful advice. I did happen to feel the need of A+E at 4am this morning. It began whilst i was in bed. I was not too worried about having a few shakes, but last night they became uncontrolable, my whole body was shaking, i could not get up and stand. I rung 999 from my phone next to my bed and the ambulance people where so, so very kind. They gave me an injection at home and took me in and i have been given thiamine and i now have some librium. They have also given me a prescription for "build up" drinks as i am massively underweight. I also have some information about SMART recovery that runs from my local hospital. As soon as i am well enough i shall go along to listen and learn. Carly, you are so right in that there is no harm whatsoever in "re-education". I also appreciate that the upcoming weeks will be where i need to learn to stay stopped, what my triggers are and learning to keep myself safe. I am extremely tearful quite alot of the time at the moment, and this is worrying me. I do not feel sorry for myself, but i have an overwhelming sense of sadness, what is that about? I feel as if i have been a "shell" for such a long time, i can see that now. Having worked in the feild for such a long time, my mentality is in "hiding" at the moment. I feel incredibly embarassed to be in this situation and mightily ashamed. I know these feelings are negative and will do me no good at all, but i simply can't help it. I believe it will pass as i believe the poison within me from this awful drug alcohol, covers physical, phsycological and my emotional well being. I simply need to stay dry, hour by hour and things will improve. Thank you all for your amazing support. Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote