View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2016, 08:43 PM   #3
Posts: 25,466

Hi Mrjx, it's really difficult in your area to find a physician to prescribe bupe only. Have you tried the generic Suboxone tablets? They may be easier on your tongue and, for many people who were hypersensitive to naloxone, spitting out the saliva after the medication dissolved worked well for them. Also, make sure you're drinking enough water. Opioids in general can suppress the thirst mechanism and even slight dehydration can cause headaches. Maybe both the generic tablet, spitting out the saliva and drinking more water might be something to try while waiting to find a bupe only prescriber.

Another thing is that it seems you have a documented hypersensitivity to the naloxone with the headaches. Your doctor can legally prescribe bupe only because of that.

The regulation provides that buprenorphine-mono-product shall not be prescribed or dispensed except to a pregnant patient, to a patient with demonstrated hypersensitivity to naloxone, or as an injectable treatment in a physician’s office or other healthcare facility.

There's also this thread with ways to find a physician:

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know how you're doing.

Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote