View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #48
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opy4now View Post
Have any people tried FREEMEDICINE.COM ? They claim once you send in the application with a one-time, $10 processing fee you can get all your meds for free! I haven't tried it b-cuz I don't have ten dollars or a Credit card! I have the brochure with an application, but you can also apply on-line and send the $. I had heard it's for real. If anyone tries it, let me know how it worked out please.
Another discount card came in the mail called, "USA Medical Card". It claims to save up to 75%.

I was on Suboxone covered under Medicaid for two-years. (Got Lucky)Then my Medicaid was cut and could not afford it. My Dr. felt it necessary (as did I) to continue on a med. so he prescribed Buprenorphine b-cuz it was cheaper than Sub. Well, I think it may be more. I pay $90 for 30 pills. The more I get filled the cheaper it is. There is only one Pharmacy willing to fill it around here. I have actually wondered if I could use an out of town Pharmacy that charges less but I don't think Buprenorphin can be sent in the mail. Does anyone know?

Thanks for everything,
Opy
Hi Opy4now, welcome. I looked at that freemedicine.com website to see how it works and it's pretty much a site that will take your $10 and then try to find free med programs for you. So, they don't provide any medications, just information for free med programs from manufacturers, etc.

http://www.freemedicine.com/how_it_works.html

This organization helps people to get free medicine directly from pharmaceutical sponsors. If you don't have prescription-drug coverage or have exhausted it-and it's a financial hardship to purchase your medication, you may qualify for assistance regardless of your age. Most successful applicants have incomes that are too high for Medicaid but not high enough to buy health care with drug benefits.

But you can look that up for free at http://www.needymeds.org/ or even by googling it. Plus you don't need to give out private information or a credit card number.

$90 for 30 pills is $3.00 a pill, which is a great price for what we've seen for the generic bupe lately. But if you can find a less expensive pharmacy, give them a call. They would know best about the mailing services.

Did you apply for the manufacturer's free med program? Here's the link for that information:
http://www.needymeds.org/drug_list.t...&name=Suboxone

As long as you don't have prescription coverage and meet the financial requirements, hopefully your doctor has an open slot (doctors can each have 3 patients receiving free meds), it would definitely be worth applying for.

Thanks and again, welcome!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-09-2015)